Gerard Deulofeu

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Gerard Deulofeu - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerard Deulofeu

Post by The Franchise Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:12 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
@BarcaKizz wrote:One this is for sure, he's easily the best 17 year old player going around in the world.

easily? a bit bold no? you think he is that superior to players like Adryan, Lucas Piazon or Yesil that we saw during the youth world cup?

I wasnt overly impressed by Piazon or Adryan.

Yesil is very different to all 3, he is a goalscorer. I wouldnt like to compare him to a winger.

I wouldnt say easily though as Kizz said either way, but he is in the running.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shadeslayer Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:21 pm

Thx free! Those pics aren't too much to be concerned about, but I get why there is some concern.
shadeslayer
shadeslayer
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:56 pm

Not too be much worried, but a bit. He clearly didn't think through, to start publishing those pictures considering he might be one day a public figure. Also, in those pictures, he has a "quillo" or "cani" look (don't know how to translate quillo or cani, but they are a urban tribe of bad boys), so it's normal that the Club was concerned.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:38 pm

I think it's completely ridiculous for the club to make him close his fotolog account, and that is completely normal thing for a 15 year old lol. That being said, he could've used a fake name for his fotolog account..
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:23 pm

I think they did the right think. He is not famous, but he is enough well known since there is Barça TV and he has been under the spotlight since young. People found out about his fotolog and they were mocking him on the internet. Deservedly, because his "quillo" looks were terrible. Very Happy

He got a more appropiate look recently, I think he is in the right path now.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:39 am

@BarcaKizz wrote:
Khaledbarca wrote:
@BarcaKizz wrote:I don't believe in players being the 'New (Insert Legend Player)'. Deulofeu is awesome, but he's not really like Cruyff at all in my opinion. Free is right, he's more like CR7.

And Khaled, you keep posting the videos wrong and I have to edit it for you. You insert the html with [youtube]* written not flash. Its the button next to it. Fixed this one for you.

thx kizz Smile

------------

I hate Cr7 & we all do lol Razz

so i won't say that he is the new Cr7..

New Cruyff? cuz he great dribbler, physically is somehow similiar & a Barca legend!

I hate CR7 because of his attitude (on and off the pitch), and more recently because of who he plays for. I don't hate him because of his footballing ability. If he had his ability and the personality of someone like Alonso or Casillas, there would be nothing to hate about the guy.

A player with qualities like CR7 plus a little better creativity, tiki-taka passing, and hardwork is a player I'd drool over, this is what I can see Deulofeu becoming. The problem is, Deulofeu's talent is already going a bit to his head, so he may be turning out a bit too much like Ronaldo.
Well ronaldo's attitude is changing ever since he had a kid, and imho you should never, ever judge a player by the media. IE. xavi is a great guy, but people might think of him wrong because like ronaldo, ibra, etc, they speak their mind out in the press and are not afraid of saying anything.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:41 am

@free_cat wrote:
@shadeslayer wrote:Kizz, can you tell me more about this supposed bad attitude of Deulofeu? I mean, where did you hear this from?

He is known to be a bit cocky, perhaps normal since he has been under the media radar since young. I don't know any undiscipline from him, other than a fotolog he had in which he posted pictures in a cocky attitude. The club made him shut the folog up. You can find them googling "Gerard Deulofeu fotolog" but some of them:

Gerard Deulofeu - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQw0zddsSVvs2_UMWrE4_rTqI5NSdBq9UHo5Bwjq_0PWOa1lYn0hw

Gerard Deulofeu - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmPxzGGeR3X97twd7RIywYf1MLJZACblDf58XXfgdvbQoG9SQ0

Gerard Deulofeu - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjZ2l2PINcdfwCY2mRXoxDZppYVeNCN1BHwXhaxPY69aZvr9yn

Nothing that strange considering he is a teen though.
LOL, this made me laugh, considering everyone of my facebook friends does it
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:37 am

Other than those pics if you follow him on facebook or twitter you can just tell he's a bit arrogant and thinks he's good. I actually hadn't seen those pics.

I was going to start ripping into him about that before some of you guys said you did it yourselves/know people. Surely this isn't normal... only little sh*ts take these kind of pictures. He can grow out of it, but he could also become a CR.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:04 am

Deulofeu scored in the semifinals:

And a video of the evolution of the new CR Very Happy :

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:00 am

Deulofeu (17, "LW") 1 Goal + 1 Assist against Ireland (5-0 win for Spain) Very Happy

Very nice goal, somehow similiar to Thiago's goal vs Bayern Munich 2 days ago!

Hope he plays more on the Left Wing he is way better there, plus this is what Barca needs in the future, Villa's replacement! Deulofeu has some gd vision too just look @ that assist he gave today, he just needs to get experience & by training with players like Xaviniesta, Messi, Villa, Puyol etc.. he will improve alot..

Spain will face Czech in Euro U-19 Final!

----------------------

Deulofeu's assist vs Ireland!

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:02 am

He does it badly in this play, should have passed to the CF earlier.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:25 pm

Personally I am always sceptical about youth players that I havent seen too much of.I dont watch B team games at all.
And youtube clips can only tell u so much.Also I havent seen anything out of the world even in the youtube clips.
So I will wait to see him in the first team before jumping on the bandwagon.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:34 pm

@alexjanosik wrote:Personally I am always sceptical about youth players that I havent seen too much of.I dont watch B team games at all.
And youtube clips can only tell u so much.Also I havent seen anything out of the world even in the youtube clips.
So I will wait to see him in the first team before jumping on the bandwagon.

I'm also skeptical, but Deulofeu is the biggest talent in our youth squad. Maybe he stagnates and doesn't improve anymore, but you have to consider that with 17 years, he is playing with Spain U-19 and being one of the stars. He was one of the best players in Barça U-19 that won everything last season (Rafinha being the star) and he already made a debut in Second division (in a few minutes destroyed rival defences, the last part of the video). If nothing weird happens, he will be a star.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:50 pm

@free_cat wrote:He does it badly in this play, should have passed to the CF earlier.

Agree, I noted that too.

In the top division, that chance very well might of been passed by because the recovering defenders would of done a better job of shutting him out.

But that all comes with experience, making the right choices.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:16 pm

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:07 am

@free_cat wrote:He does it badly in this play, should have passed to the CF earlier.

yes but i'm talking in general..
he is not selfish, i watched 3 of the 4 matches were Deulofeu played as a starter (Spain U-19), he made some great passes, especially his crosses from the wings... the only problem was that he's playng on the Right Wing, Deulofeu is better on Left Wing & u can see this in the match against Ireland, played better on left wing ( great goal + assist)!!

We must not forget that Gerard is still 17, no experience, he has alot to learn from Xaviniesta,Puyol, Messi & Guardiola etc..!! Smile

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:33 pm

after winning Euro U-21, Spain U-19 wins EuroU-19!!

Deulofeu & Gomez played 120minutes.
Spain 3-2 Czech after extratime!

Deulofeu was average in 1st half, like most spain players, 2nd half & 1st half of extratime way better!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:00 am

The following is a translation of an opinion piece by Spanish writer Joan Mª Batlle, originally published in Catalan sports daily, Sport, with a few bits and pieces added by totalBarça to spice things up. The original can be found here. Enjoy the read.

The decision has been made: there will be no more signings other than that of Cesc. And if in the end Fàbregas doesn’t come, the money saved will be kept in the strong box in order to land two ‘cracks’ in the coming season, again Cesc, and Neymar can’t be ruled out, considering the events that have passed, which at the moment don’t favor Madrid in their intentions to secure the new Brazilian pearl.

But, actually, the case is that when Guardiola makes a decision, he makes it for a reason. If there are no more signings for the forward line, despite its continuation as the most effective line, it is because he has absolute faith in the youth system. Alexis has come but Bojan has left for the moment. One for the other. And if Jeffren doesn’t leave, it would be because he doesn’t want to, but the reality is that they left the door open for him so he could find a position in another team. So now the team lacks another forward to more calmly face the challenges of La Liga, the Champions League and the Copa Del Rey in the coming season.

It is certain that Ibi Afellay can play on the wing, but he is not an out and out winger. And the first hurdles of the preseason, the injuries, serious enough, certainly, of Jonathan Soriano and the aforementioned Afellay have left the attack short of options for the double duel of the Supercopa de España (Spanish Super Cup) against Madrid. So having one more forward, a good forward, would be useful.

Guardiola, however, doesn’t believe that there is a necessity to invest more in the attack. He is the team’s coach but he thinks like the manager, like the club’s man. And if he sees a talent in the youth football teams, he doesn’t need to waste the money, which in this case would be practically spent in vain. Messi, Pedro, Villa and Alexis guarantee a maximum performance, in theory superior to that of last season, bearing in mind the huge potential of the marvelous Chiliean and Bojan’s bad luck last year. But the season is very long and to win titles, it is necessary that the injuries and the sanctions avoid the players who make and score the goals, those who make the difference and can unbalance the opposition in games.

The four ‘cracks’ are spectacular, but in a team that always plays with three forwards, it is possible that this ‘Fantastic Four’ may not be enough. With this situation in mind, the coaches at Barça already have the next big thing, the phenomenon of the ‘cantera’ in the scene, ready to give his all and an alternative option when needed. I am referring, as you may have guessed, to Gerard Deulofeu, a young lad who is two years ahead of all the other footballers of his generation. Observing that, only seventeen years old, he has won the final of the European Under-19 championship. There, he is among team mates who are much older than him and who have been doing this job for a much longer time, and yet he is the star that shines the most. And in Barça, he has already moved up from the Juvenil team and now plays in Barça B, the penultimate step to reaching the glory of the Camp Nou.

Deulofeu is a diamond in the rough that Guardiola will know how to polish properly. No one knows better than Pep how to treat the young talent. The cases of Pedro and Busquets prove it. And that of Thiago, who is on a tear at the moment and is going on a perfect track, despite the wagging tongues who claimed that Guardiola did not trust him. If Deulofeu, like Thiago, lets Guardiola guide him towards great football, his abilities and talent will multiply by a thousand. And he will be Barça’s fifth attacker this year. Soon you will see…

Read more: http://www.totalbarca.com/2011/news/gerard-deulofeu-in-the-scene/#ixzz1TunhQOOP
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:02 am

khaled, that was a very interesting read. Thanks for posting.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:51 pm

Deu lo feu

God made him

?
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:27 pm

Khaledbarca wrote:Deu lo feu

God made him

?

Yeah, it means that.

What do you think of the goal deulofeu created for Keita? Did he play well?

I couldn't watch his game vs. Chivas (everyone says he was terrible) but I saw in the highlights that he almost scored in a very good play.

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:53 pm

@free_cat wrote:
Khaledbarca wrote:Deu lo feu

God made him

?

Yeah, it means that.

What do you think of the goal deulofeu created for Keita? Did he play well?

I couldn't watch his game vs. Chivas (everyone says he was terrible) but I saw in the highlights that he almost scored in a very good play.

Debut after playing (120 minutes in euro u-19 final) just 48 hours earlier.. i think its was a bad idea, cuz it was clear that deulito was tired.. he made alot of miss passes, wasn't runing"pressing like he should" etc.. but he had a gd chance in teh last minutes, he was close to score " only gd thing in that match"..

Against Club America, he played just for 15 minutes but made 2 very gd runs.. including the assist for Kieta.. But, what made me impressed by Deulito, he was pressing, tracking back..

Deulito is just 17, he has it.. if he can stay on earth:P keep working, training with first team with the likes of Messi, Xavi Iniesta, Puyol etc.. i'm sure he will make it @ Barca & shine.. he should be calm & i'm sure Guardiola will give him the minutes he needs ( ex:Thiago )..
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:35 am

Finally Deulito makes his debut vs Mallorca at 17 years and 229 days Smile

Gerard Deulofeu - Page 2 4zgql

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:05 am

New Cruyff sounds a bit extreme. Exceptional for his age yes. But we shouldn't rush him like Bojan and we shouldn't put heavy burdens on his young mind like Assulin.
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:36 am

He looked nervous, but the only important thing about making a debut at 17 years of age is actually making it. His nerves should be all the better from it. I wouln't read too much into like... oh he can't pass etc.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamdyman Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:55 am

Far too early to judge but atleast we can all see that he has got some good skills, to be honest any upcoming youngster in Barca has got to be the luckies in the world, having teammates made of gold, it should simply boost him and his game. La Masia has become "addicted" to star creation, is he the next one ?!
Hamdyman
Hamdyman
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum: