S
Forza
Red Alert
Peccadillo
Sri
24 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

The Closest British team to Barcelona - Page 4 Empty Re: The Closest British team to Barcelona

Post by SchinnerC Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:49 am

Schweini wrote:Pick the most Barcelona-like 11, from players who are from Britain. Can we make a team here ?!

---------------------Hart (Valdes)----------------------
Johnson (Alves)---Terry (Puyol)----Cahill (Pique)---Cole (Alba)
-------------------Carrick (Busquets)------------------
-----------Allen (Xavi)------Wilshere (Iniesta)-----------
----Walcott (Pedro)---Rooney (Messi) -----Bale (Villa)

just a shame we can't have a senior team for GB.

Just a shame Rooney has lost his pace and dribbling ability, or this would have been a GOAT team for WC Qualifiers Sad

lol I see Bale.

SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

The Closest British team to Barcelona - Page 4 Empty Re: The Closest British team to Barcelona

Post by SchinnerC Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:51 am

Surag wrote:How about we have this thread for all other NT's as well ?

How would Azzurilona look like hmm

Buffon(Valdes)

Maggio(Alves)-Bonucci(Pique)-Chiellini(Puyol)-Balzaretti(Alba)

De Rossi(Busquets)

Poli(Xavi)----------Veratti(Iniesta)

Insigne(Pedro)-Balotelli(Villa)-Giovinco(Messi)

Imo i dint include Pirlo and Marchisio cuz they dont quite compliment Barca's style(Pirlo a bit too slow for Barca's type of game and Marchisio is a completely different player compared to Iniesta or Xavi).Trying to be unbiased here.

And i gave Giovinco the Messi tag cuz i believe he's a playmaker as well,not just a dribbler/scorer.

Poli Verratti :bow: My Sampdoria in FM
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:54 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Surag wrote:So who would be France's Xavi Mole ?

I'm serious when i say this but i genuinely believe that M'vila would make a better Xavi than Cabaye would he just simply isn't that type of a player.

Even Pogba lol, it was said in the Euros that France have no one like Xavi and it's true.

Ever heard of Valbuena or MArvin Martin?
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:04 am

rwo power wrote:
dostoevsky wrote:Holtby was an idea should Schweinsteiger be deployed in Busquets' holding role for lack of a better option, though ideally I'd have him running the show with Kroos.

I know that Badstuber has a more impressive passing percentage than Hummels, however considering the different tactical instructions they are under I still believe that Hummels is worthy of a place in the line-up, particularly with consideration to the height of the defensive line.
Well, one can always play both Hummels and Badstuber as CBs. The problem with Germany is usually the lack of a Lahm clone, or everything would be perfect.

That final sentence reminded me that I hadn't chosen a second fullback. My inclination would be to use Boateng as a fullback in the more balanced role of Abidal, but for the fact that I prefer Lahm on the right side. Hoewedes might easily also fulfil this role on the right, allowing Badstuber to slot into the side. Given the uncertainty concerning the best unit for the German back four I wouldn't insist entirely on my original line-up until it had been regularly tested on the pitch.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:35 pm

dostoevsky wrote:Given the uncertainty concerning the best unit for the German back four I wouldn't insist entirely on my original line-up until it had been regularly tested on the pitch.
Well, this is Löw's problem, too. IIRC, he tried out a different back four almost every match.

We have
RB: Lahm, Höwedes, Boateng, (Beck)
LB: Lahm, Schmelzer, (Lars Bender), (Badstuber)
CB: Badstuber, Hummels, Höwedes, Boateng, Mertesacker, (Tasci)

With the LB options at our disposal, we are really best off with Lahm there, and that means one of Boateng or Höwedes have to play RB. In that case, Basdtuber as LCB and Hummels as RCB are indeed the best options. Maybe Tony Jantschke could slot in as RB in the future, too. But there is a severe lack of good German LBs other than Lahm. Too bad that Gotoku Sakai will likely want to play for Japan, he could become an LB alternative otherwise Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4