The Messiah
stevieg8
Nishankly
Emaharg
McAgger
64 posters

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

The Raheem Sterling Appreciation Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Raheem Sterling Appreciation Thread

Post by Nishankly Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:59 am

6 goals bruv

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

The Raheem Sterling Appreciation Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Raheem Sterling Appreciation Thread

Post by Red Alert Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:07 am

Edited, ty. Very Happy

I swear, he really should have 10 goals next to his name. Or at least, 6 goals and 5+ assists.

He's missed so many 1 on 1s it's unreal. I can understand he wanted his hattrick yesterday, but I think the better option should of been to square it to Aspas or atleast go far post. :X

EDIT: He has 5 goals Nish, I'm just talking about the PL here. League cup doesn't count. Razz

Last edited by Red Alert on Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:31 am

5-0 up, he's chasing his first hattrick for the club in front of the Kop, and there's plenty of time left on the clock. I think he's in a fair position to be a wee bit selfish and have a go at that point.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:33 am

I wasn't slating nor criticizing him for doing so, like I said I can understand why he did it, I just wanted him to atleast stat paddle his way up in situations like those. Razz
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:10 am

Only Whoscored ratings, so not much to take from really but he's still the highest rated teenager in all of Europe according to this. Proud

The Raheem Sterling Appreciation Thread - Page 5 2014%2f2%2fSterlingHeader
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:50 am

I think people need a reminder of just he special this guy is at just 19 years old. Him and Henderson were our most important players in our winning run-in last season. Living up to his potential we saw two years ago.

Taken his game to a whole new level this past season and his body is filling in as he's hitting the gym. Think he'll step up even further this next season.

I hope Rodgers does him the greatest honor of all. Give him the #7 jersey. I think it's time. Forget the marquee signing.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:40 am

He managed 10 goals last season, He's only turned 19 last season Proud
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:58 am

Already a whole different gear this season. 19 *bleep* years old. I still can't believe he's that young.

Been our best player so far this season.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:03 am

this kids special. no doubt about that. januzaj has to really step it up now to even get closer to him. Neutral

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:19 am

Don't call me James wrote:
Been our best player so far this season.

He's been arguably our best player since the start of 2014... lol
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:02 pm

agreed, he should just keep his head right and he will be Liverpool's Reus :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:34 pm

Has Galatico written all over him if he stays like this.

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:57 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:Has Galatico written all over him if he stays like this.

Bids start at 500mil :coffee:
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:00 pm

Yeah, They'll come for him if Barca make a 40m+ signing.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuru Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:41 pm

Myabe after Rues.
Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:52 pm

At least he's not South American, if Madrid/Barca came in for him there might still be a chance of him staying in England.

But I think as long as we have Brendan, we'll be able to keep a hold of Raheem.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:08 pm

I hope Rodgers really turns it up and becomes one of the best managers in the world (if he isn't already). If his man-management and dedication to youth development are any indication of what's ahead for Liverpool I hope that he sees what kind of legacy he could build here and follows in Ferguson's (eff that guy) footsteps.

Maybe Sterling will see the same potential and follow along. Regardless it would be really neat to have an elite (like top 10 potential) calibre player come through at Liverpool to stay there for his entire career.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:20 pm

Looked knackered against Basel.

Rodgers is placing too much of a burden on Sterling and is in danger of burning him out.

Didn't start him against Villa (which proved to be a bad decision) then played him for 120mins against Boro in the league cup Laughing

Now, does Rodgers play him against WBA or rest him? which he can't really do since Sturridge could miss the game too. And they need as much quality on the field as they can.

Rodgers has dug himself a hole with his handling of Sterling this season.

Rumours floating around these past few days that Sterling is in no rush to sign a new deal. RM are said to be suitors of his.

Watch this space.

Smile
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:58 pm

How'd he look knackered against Basel? He is 19 years old...he will have off days, but even against Basel he was doing everything except scoring. He had plenty of opportunities and as he becomes older and more consistent those are going to be converted more often than not I think. He still played well ultimately and was our most dangerous player.

...and of course RM is going to come calling. Realistically anyone that can afford him will and should because he's the best 19 year old in the world.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:34 pm

Even playing well he does not look happy out there without Sturridge. Sturridge signing longterm today is a good sign.

I wouldn't want cancer like Balotelli anywhere near him though.

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:00 am

Liverpool winger Raheem Sterling's agent told to 'shut up' by former team-mate Jamie Carragher over new contract

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11138290/Liverpool-winger-Raheem-Sterlings-agent-told-to-shut-up-by-former-team-mate-Jamie-Carragher-over-new-contract.html
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:41 am

El Cujo wrote:How'd he look knackered against Basel? He is 19 years old...he will have off days, but even against Basel he was doing everything except scoring. He had plenty of opportunities and as he becomes older and more consistent those are going to be converted more often than not I think. He still played well ultimately and was our most dangerous player.

...and of course RM is going to come calling. Realistically anyone that can afford him will and should because he's the best 19 year old in the world.

He looked completely shot, mentally and physically. It's not just an off day too, he was poor against Boro and was ineffective (by his standard) v Everton too. Fatigue- poor performances- diminishing confidence = Sterling right now.

You see that poor touch he made when he was through on goal, where he had a chance to either score or square the ball? He's lacking sharpness because he is mentally drained from the amount of games he is playing.

He needs a rest. You have to remember, he is only a teen still. His body can't cope with this amount of games, minutes and mental pressure that is being heaped on him right now.

Rodgers, if he's not careful, could have Sterling burning out this season. It could ruin his progress.

He needs to handle Sterling better.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:49 am

Need to stop being so reliant on him. Well said RED, he definitely needs to be rotated/see time on the bench to get match fit / sharper. We just spent 120m, surely Lallana, Coutinho or Markovic can give him some time off to recover. :facepalm:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:40 am

Seems like Liverpool haven't learned from their past of burning out young players by overplaying them and rushing them back from injuries.

The way things are going Sterling could very well end up on the scrap heap just like Owen, Fowler, Torres etc
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:24 pm

Fowler didn't burn out. He just suffered from bad management in Ged.

Torres was rushed back from injuries quite a bit but he wasn't burnt out at Liverpool. And he wasn't exactly "young" when he was bought.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:28 pm

Not my intention to troll on Pool, but seriously they Need to be careful here when it comes to handling this kid. Rodgers aint doing the best for him. Looked knackered.

Playing every single match and that too fully; is hampering him. Now cent percent sure he will play midweek and then again net week. As much I hate pool I kinda love watching him play. So ... yea then again.. just an opinion. Neutral

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next