*Prediction special* Who will win Serie A next season and what will be the top 3?

+29
Swanhends
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Lupi
Juveman17
juventus101
Casciavit
norton
Kaladin
RedOranje
:{Mr.Mustachio!
donttreadonred
Tifoso Romanista
zarola
McAgger
vizkosity
Grande_Milano
The Messiah
Die Borussen
Cookie Monster
Ganso
Mr. Moratti
urbaNRoots
Vibe
Forza
RealGunner
7amood11
S
BiasedMilanFan3
Onyx
33 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

*Prediction special* Who will win Serie A next season and what will be the top 3? Empty *Prediction special* Who will win Serie A next season and what will be the top 3?

Post by Onyx Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:20 pm

Who will win Serie A next season and what will be the top 3?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

*Prediction special* Who will win Serie A next season and what will be the top 3? Empty Re: *Prediction special* Who will win Serie A next season and what will be the top 3?

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:24 pm

Juventus

Milan simply aren't signing good enough players to replace the ones that have left. A player like Montolivo, Pato or Boateng needs to have the season of their lives for us to win the Scudetto. And in respect to other Serie A teams, no one can really compete with Juve.

Having said that, Juve will be playing CL so I could be very much wrong.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

*Prediction special* Who will win Serie A next season and what will be the top 3? Empty Re: *Prediction special* Who will win Serie A next season and what will be the top 3?

Post by S Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:24 pm

Too early MT..Transfer window hasnt even officially opened yet.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:25 pm

A lot of this depends on the transfer window. But this is what I expect:

1) Juve
2) Milan
3) Inter
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:27 pm

Surag wrote:Too early MT..Transfer window hasnt even officially opened yet.

It'd be easier to predict with the transfers done? tongue

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:29 pm

Juve's signings have been excellent so far and with a striker they will be all but set to retain the Scudetto. However as surag said, it can change depending on the signings clubs like milan/inter will make.

atm

Juve
Roma ( Very Happy )
Inter
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:38 pm

Dont necessarily agree with those predictions RG.

Inter's mediocre signings wont take them any higher than 4th place.

Milan despite not making any signings still have the class and quality of the likes of Ibra,Silva and Cassano etc..They just need to make a few quality additions in midfield to compete on all three fronts next season.As of now looking at their team they should comfortably finish in CL places imo,that shouldnt be a problem.

However i agree about Roma especially since they're without European Football could spring a surprise next season.

Anyways its too early into the transfer season..I was just commenting momentarily.

Last edited by Surag on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:42 pm

Not making a prediction until transfer window closes. It makes sense that way. Otherwise Juve would surely win at this stage. Edit: Milan is the winner by default all the time.

As I understand, of the contenders...

Milan: Lost all the legends, bought mostly mediocre replacements but some with good potential, yet to fix up CM spot, the other CB position is worrying. new signings: Traore, Constant, Montolivo, Acerbi, Gabriel (reserve GK) Didac Vila comes back from loan.

Juve: Strongest so far. Got Isla, Asamoah, Giovinco. Yet to get a new ST

Inter: got Palacio. cash-strapped.

Udinese: Selling players like they always do. Everyone predicted they would get annihilated last season after losing Zapata and Sanchez, but they still made CL and I wouldn't be surprised if they proved everyone wrong again

Roma: might lose Gago, took their option on Borini. have money, will use it. the question is, will they use it right?

Lazio: not sure. heard Zarate wants to return from Inter after lack of game-time

Napoli: ageing back-line. will they keep the front 3? Lavezzi rumoured to already have a deal with PSG and will be made official as soon as the transfer season opens. may make bid for CSKA's Doumbia to replace him with the money from his sale.

Sampdoria: back in Serie A again, almost certainly wont be challenging for the title in their 1st season back, their strength in the market and on the field remains to be seen. could surprise everybody, including me.

Last edited by Forza Rossoneri on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:47 pm

^^In conclusion its way too early to make any proper predictions Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:55 pm

Surag wrote:^^In conclusion its too early to make any proper predictions Laughing
The problem is that apart from Juve, nobody else has really shown their hand.

Inter is a case in point. With their current squad, they might as well be a mid-table team. But with some signings they are back in the hunt for CL positions, if not the title itself. There will be some emphasis on youth considering their coach is the former primavera coach. How much impact will that have? Too many variables.

Then look at Milan who have plugged a few holes, but haven't built a team any better than last year... as of yet. We wait and hope that a quality creative midfielder will be signed.

Napoli and Udinese have done nothing significant other than selling players, so we don't know how they will be replaced and how much of that money will be reinvested back into their respective teams.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:03 pm

I'll make my prediction after the jinx trophy 45 minute games have been played.I thought the curse was rubbish,but we won it for the past two years Laughing
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:10 pm

If we fail to sign a striker of proven quality ,there's no reason why we wont struggle next season..Signing a quality striker(doesnt necessarily have to be a big name) is of perennial importance going into next season.I just dont think we can gamble on the likes of Destro leading our attack line next season..Surely the board must be planning to sign another forward and that depends a lot on our player sales.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:50 pm

Juventus to walk it.

Inter somewhere behind.

Roma 3rd.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:04 pm

I can tell you that I very much doubt that we will walk Serie A next season, even though I think we will win it. If we do it'll be in the last 3 matchdays. I have 3 main reasons for this:

1) The best possible replacement for Pirlo is staying at Pescara for another season, so if Pirlo gets injured we have nobody who can do the job instead of him and we'll have to change our tactics big time.

2) We still haven's bought a big name striker. Yeah, we're linked with Destro, but he's still very young and who knows how much of an impact he'll have. We need a proven, big-name striker. If we don't get one, our chances will take a huge blow.

3) CL football. Our schedule is going to be much busier than last season's, and we definitely won't be as fortunate with injuries as we were last season.

7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Moratti Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:08 pm

Inter Milan
Mr. Moratti
Mr. Moratti
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:14 pm

Inter or Milan,Juve doesnt have the squad to win a league while playing on all competitions.Mainly because pirlo cant handle it .However I do predict Juve to win CL or get close

Other 2 things that will play key parts are injuries and who gets out of CL first
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:18 pm

It should be the other way round.LOL

With this kind of depth ,we should be able to win the league but we wont go far in CL if we dont sign a quality striker.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:24 pm

depth?you guys dont have players to substitute Marchisio,Pirlo and Vidal.You dont have good strikers,now imagine how good your bench options are.Borielo?

Last edited by Ganso on Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:26 pm

I guess you havent been following Juve's transfer season.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:27 pm

Who have Milan got for depth? :coffee:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:36 pm

Assuming Milan avoid having half of their players injured for the entire season, then I expect it to be a two horse race between Juve and Milan. At this point in the transfer market, Juve should be favourites to win it though. I also expect them to make a great impression in the CL if they can keep Pirlo well rested.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:38 pm

there you go Juventus likely full squad

Gk:Buffon,Storari,leali might go out on loan.

Defense:Barzagli,Bonucci,Chiellini,Caceres and we are in the market for another backup CB(Bruno Alves/Astori/Bocchetti/Peluso who can play LB too)

Full-backs:Licht,PDC,Isla,Caceres.The left hand side looks weak but i guess we might sign another LB but i am not sure.

Midfield:Pirlo,Vidal,Marchisio,Asamoah,Marrone,Giaccherini,Padoin and i think we are going to sign Pogba too

Attack:Vucinic,Giovinco,Matri..Quags might be probably sold ,we'll sign a young Italian forward Gabbiadiani/Destro plus we'll probably add that quality striker to our ranks.

Plus you have to consider we have many versatile players who can play a makeshift role incase of any injuries..

Like i said we have enough depth to win the league but probably just not enough quality(especially in attack) to go far in CL.

Last edited by Surag on Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:39 pm

mtfootball wrote:Who have Milan got for depth? :coffee:

Forward depth? We have plenty.
Midfield depth? Oh boy lol. If Monto gets injured we'll be completely devoid of creativity.
Defensive depth? Meh we'll be alright
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:22 pm

mtfootball wrote:Who have Milan got for depth? :coffee:
pretty much our starting team last season?everyone was injured
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:24 pm

parma will be top 3 imo eco smile

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next