*Prediction Special* Who will win Serie A next season and what will be the top 3?

+8
Kick
S
McLewis
McAgger
iftikhar
Tomwin Lannister
RealGunner
Onyx
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

*Prediction Special* Who will win Serie A next season and what will be the top 3? Empty *Prediction Special* Who will win Serie A next season and what will be the top 3?

Post by Onyx Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:58 am

Who will win Serie A next season and what will be the top 3?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

*Prediction Special* Who will win Serie A next season and what will be the top 3? Empty Re: *Prediction Special* Who will win Serie A next season and what will be the top 3?

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:20 am

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Obvious choice is Juventus despite Conte leaving as they have the best squad. Along with the fact it's Roma's first season in the CL in years and that will cause them problems in the league adjusting both competitions.

But I am still going to be biased

1) Roma
2) Juventus
3) Inter

4) Napoli
5) Milan
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

*Prediction Special* Who will win Serie A next season and what will be the top 3? Empty Re: *Prediction Special* Who will win Serie A next season and what will be the top 3?

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:46 am

Juve
Inter
Roma

Napoli
Fiorentina

Roma surely won't have a season like last season with the CL this time around, people said that about us granted but our bench had decent enough options on it. If Roma lose Totti or Benatia or something along those lines they could be in trouble.

Inter have done some nice business in the Summer it has to be said, and Mazzarri not dun gawn' geeve 2 shits about the EL. They could surprise us all and finish 2nd imo

I don't rate Napoli as a consistent team, any Serie A side can trouble their defence on any given day. And Fiorentina may well do better if they keep Cuads and Rossi - Gomez stay fit but imo with their injury crisis upfront it's set them back a year and they'll need to gel this year.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:49 am

I just can't see beyond a top-three of Roma, Juventus & Napoli (not in that order). Then again, my knowledge about Italian League/Clubs is very limited.

Think Fiorentina, Inter & Milan will take the positions 4-6 and Juventus will win the League though I would have loved to see Roma win.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:34 am

Roma
Napoli
Juventus
Inter/Viola
Inter/Viola
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:23 pm

Going to cut against the grain a tad and take Napoli out of the top 3. I don't think Rafa has strengthened enough to make an adequate go at the scudetto. Inter, on the other hand, have done some good business on both ends of the pitch.

As for the actual contenders, Juve are indeed still the team to beat, but I am unconvinced by their signings. Remains to be seen if they lose Vidal ultimately, but either way, Allegri is not the motivator that Conte was. As for Roma, CL or no CL, the scudetto is our target this season. We'll put forth enough effort in the CL to get out the groups and get that money and then we'll set our eyes on getting the title and securing our CL place next year.

Roma
Juve
Inter
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:25 pm

Mclewis wrote:I don't think Rafa has strengthened enough to make an adequate go at the scudetto

I think they will if and once they qualify for CL.They'll use that CL money for reinforcements.If they dont,we wont see much movement obviously.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:33 pm

S wrote:
Mclewis wrote:I don't think Rafa has strengthened enough to make an adequate go at the scudetto

I think they will if and once they qualify for CL.They'll use that CL money for reinforcements.If they dont,we wont see much movement obviously.

Well that's the logical next step, but wouldn't the media normally be all over that? Been real quiet on the transfer front thus far since their early summer flurry. Even if they were making signings with the expectation of CL qualification, it's puzzling that we don't even know who their targets are even rumored to be at this stage of the window.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:46 pm

McLewis wrote:
S wrote:

Well that's the logical next step, but wouldn't the media normally be all over that? Been real quiet on the transfer front thus far since their early summer flurry. Even if they were making signings with the expectation of CL qualification, it's puzzling that we don't even know who their targets are even rumored to be at this stage of the window.

They do have midfield targets and even defense.Been reading rumors about them but it seems they're hesitant to spend money until they've secured qualification to the CL.
You and i both know that Italian teams are very dependent on CL money.If they fail to qualify,they'd lose a big chunk of the market pool money but it'd help teams like Roma and Juve at the same time tho as they'd get a larger share of the TV money.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:35 pm

Though it's not the ideal thread, but why haven't Napoli improved it's squad! They aren't any poor club, they earned a lot last year from player sale and CL. So why!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:13 pm

Juve
Roma
Inter
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:55 pm

I keep reading Inter have had a great summer mercato, but am I the only person not too impressed ?

Medel/Mvilla/Osvaldo/Vidic....right ?

Vidic is the only one that will greatly improve them...their team is still lacking so much in creativity. They need to figure out a way to get the best out of Kovacic, because other than him the rest of Midfield options are so work-manlike, and boring.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:42 am

Natalie Portman wrote:I keep reading Inter have had a great summer mercato, but am I the only person not too impressed ?

Vidic is the only one that will greatly improve them...their team is still lacking so much in creativity. They need to figure out a way to get the best out of Kovacic, because other than him the rest of Midfield options are so work-manlike, and boring.

Don't forget Alvarez.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:51 am

Forza wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:I keep reading Inter have had a great summer mercato, but am I the only person not too impressed ?

Don't forget Alvarez.

Indeed that should be Hernanes.
He was bought for that job. Alvarez will be  a back up
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:34 am

Roma
Juventus
Inter

Juventus will do better in the CL, however after winning 3 league titles 3 in a row, they won't be as motivated and Roma will capitalise.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:31 am

A lot may disagree but I think Roma have comfortably the best team in Serie A this season. It's theirs to lose.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:34 am

Compared to what they had 1 year ago, it's great

Hernanes came in the Winter. Vidic is a huge upgrade, Mvilla and Medel are definitely upgrades. Basically since last January they've upgraded half of their team.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:37 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:

Compared to what they had 1 year ago, it's great

Hernanes came in the Winter. Vidic is a huge upgrade, Mvilla and Medel are definitely upgrades. Basically since last January they've upgraded half of their team.

That's a fair point. But I look at the squad, and I don't think there is enough players to get you on edge of your seat.

Mazarri was successful at Napoli, because they countered with a lot of pace. Lavezzi and Cavani particularly.

I think his Inter side won't reach those sides, until they sign a Lavezzi-esque player. For a counter attacking team, Inter is very slow. It's a mis-match at the moment.

Admittedly, I only watched them 4-5 times last season, but that was my verdict from what I saw.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:39 am

Don't call me James wrote:A lot may disagree but I think Roma have comfortably the best team in Serie A this season. It's theirs to lose.

I think they also have the best defense and midfield in Europe imo.

With Iturbe,their attack is easily Top 5 now too.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:42 am

I too think they have the best midfield in Europe I said that even last summer before the season started. And I think they have the best CB partnership in Europe as well. But I'm skeptical about their fullbacks.

Last edited by Don't call me James on Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:42 am

^ Sarcasm detected Laughing

best midfield !!!!!!!!!

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:43 am

Yeah the signings aren't amazing or anything but tbh they don't have to be. They will have a hard working, solid midfield. A decent enough attack for the league and with Vidic their back 3 will be solid enough imo

An OK attack, a midfield that works its ass off and has a bit of creativity and a physical 3 man defence. Sounds like a poor mans Juve 2011. Which in the league atm should be enough for a top 3 finish. They can probably grind out results against scrubs with those players.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:43 am

-Maicon---Benatia--Castan---Cole

Top 2 defense in their prime imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:44 am

S wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:A lot may disagree but I think Roma have comfortably the best team in Serie A this season. It's theirs to lose.

I think they also have the best defense and midfield in Europe imo.

With Iturbe,their attack is easily Top 5 now too.

rofl
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:46 am

Not convinced with Allegri a manager... but we'll see. I think that Roma and Juve are close enough that the managers may decide this one assuming no major injuries. Each team has clear weaknesses (although Juve's is due to age)... so it will be interesting.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next