Torres uncertain over Chelsea future after 'disappointment' of missing out on Champions League final start

+26
Great Leader Sprucenuce
free_cat
Adit
Kingofeverythingclassy
S
Zealous
vizkosity
AnJl
fatman123
iNFINITY9910
Abramovich
MarkForrest17
McLewis
Albiceleste
Luca
Mr Nick09
S32TABLANCA
Art Morte
Dante
Le Samourai
Gil
Ganso
Blue Barrett
la bestia negra
che
Onyx
30 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Torres uncertain over Chelsea future after 'disappointment' of missing out on Champions League final start  Empty Torres uncertain over Chelsea future after 'disappointment' of missing out on Champions League final start

Post by Onyx Sun May 20, 2012 7:52 pm

“It’s contradictory because I feel like I’m at a peak moment in my career, with more desire and hunger than I’ve felt in a long time but I’ve had to spend the final on the bench," he told AS.

"It was a huge disappointment when I saw the line-up, perhaps the biggest in my life."

“This season I have felt things that I never had before," he continued.

"I’ve felt like they treated me in a way that I didn’t expect not in the way that was spoken of when they signed me.

“We’ve had a lot of talks and we’ll talk about my future because the role I’ve had this season is not for me, nor is it the one I expected to play when I came here. I’m not comfortable.”

“Football has been fair on us, on me. Now I do feel like football is worth it but I’ve been through a difficult time. The worst in my career. [I] don’t want that again," he added.

“There’s been many times when I’ve felt lost, I wasn’t sure what to do. I felt like I didn’t know where I belonged.

“I’m eternally grateful to my family who have been by my side and also for the support of the owners who have stuck by me. And especially to the fans, if it hadn’t been for them this season I would have given up.”

“A victory like that in Munich makes up for it, but I want the club to tell me what will happen in the future and what sort of role I will have within the team, what my duties are, what the club expects of me. And then judge whether it is worth it.”

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Torres uncertain over Chelsea future after 'disappointment' of missing out on Champions League final start  Empty Re: Torres uncertain over Chelsea future after 'disappointment' of missing out on Champions League final start

Post by che Sun May 20, 2012 7:53 pm

i like how he assumes he's got other options
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Torres uncertain over Chelsea future after 'disappointment' of missing out on Champions League final start  Empty Re: Torres uncertain over Chelsea future after 'disappointment' of missing out on Champions League final start

Post by la bestia negra Sun May 20, 2012 7:54 pm

torres to bayern
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sun May 20, 2012 7:54 pm

bayern would never score a goal ever again lmao
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 pm

[quote="che"]bayern would never score a goal ever again lmao
[/quote

form is temporary class is permanent banana
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun May 20, 2012 7:56 pm

Don't really see anything wrong with his quotes. I'd be worried if he said he was happy about sitting on the bench in a CL final.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun May 20, 2012 7:56 pm

torres + 15M for falcao :coffee:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun May 20, 2012 7:57 pm

Will never understand how Kalou started over him but at least it didn't cost us in the end.

Changed the game when he came on. :bow:
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun May 20, 2012 7:57 pm

Ganso wrote:torres + 15M for falcao :coffee:

Shit just got real.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun May 20, 2012 7:59 pm

Interesting comments by Torres .. Let's see what happens , though i doubt he will be leaving Chelsea this summer.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun May 20, 2012 8:03 pm

The guy's got 4 years left on his contract and he's been bought for £50m, better just stay put, Fernando x)
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sun May 20, 2012 11:01 pm

Torres to Atleti next season.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 20, 2012 11:02 pm

Torres was expecting to play the finals? i thought he would take clue from the semis when Drogba was being super clutch.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun May 20, 2012 11:11 pm

S32TABLANCA wrote:Torres to Atleti next season.

He feels he is at the peak of his career, why would he want to downgrade his club? Plus he'd need to take a wage cut, too, surely.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 20, 2012 11:14 pm

Torres needs a freaking cure of reality, HE SUCKS now.

no big club is going to make him their reference striker with the level he is at.

Why are people letting him live in a bubble ffs?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun May 20, 2012 11:17 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Torres needs a freaking cure of reality, HE SUCKS now.

no big club is going to make him their reference striker with the level he is at.

What would you rather him say?
That a club paid 50M for him and pays him an audacious amount of money to sit on the bench for the most important game of their season?
To accept a role given to the likes of lesser names who have accomplished less?

What's wrong with his words?
He is entitled to be hungry to play, it's nice to see him fired up and with something to prove rather than content with not contributing enough by his standards

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun May 20, 2012 11:17 pm

Ganso wrote:torres + 15M for falcao :coffee:
Overvaluing Torres and undervaluing Falcao.

Torres is washed up he'll be lucky if Malaga wants him.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun May 20, 2012 11:20 pm

What I would give for Torres at Malaga Shocked
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sun May 20, 2012 11:23 pm

Art Morte wrote:
S32TABLANCA wrote:Torres to Atleti next season.

He feels he is at the peak of his career, why would he want to downgrade his club? Plus he'd need to take a wage cut, too, surely.

Because he can't start at a better one?

Torres will not play for a Spanish team other than Atleti. So other than Chelsea, I dont see too many options... Juve?

Drogba is leaving, so he could technically have a dash at becoming their no 1 striker, but Chelsea would want Falcao.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 20, 2012 11:26 pm

Luca wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Torres needs a freaking cure of reality, HE SUCKS now.

What would you rather him say?
That a club paid 50M for him and pays him an audacious amount of money to sit on the bench for the most important game of their season?
To accept a role given to the likes of lesser names who have accomplished less?

What's wrong with his words?
He is entitled to be hungry to play, it's nice to see him fired up and with something to prove rather than content with not contributing enough by his standards

I would like him to say "i am close to returning to my best level", not some bullcrap about how he is unfairly treated.

he should know this by now, only truth is what happens on the pitch, and from what he showed, he has no right to speak as if he was entitled to play the finals. That tells me he still considers himself like 50m.

Torres is not game anymore, he is a shadow of his former self, and he is deluded is he thinks he is treated badly. He was signed to be Chelsea's icon, yet he plays worse than Adebayor with Spurs. he needs a reality check, dumping him from the Euro squad would be nice, but Don Vicente likes him too much, and will sacrifice those who are actually playing well for him.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun May 20, 2012 11:30 pm

You're right about the treated badly, he didn't earn his spot simply put.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun May 20, 2012 11:43 pm

Came up big for Chelsea against Barca and put himself about well yesterday so I honestly don't think he sucks. Goals just have at a premium for him. He's only 27 and still has some very good years ahead of him if Drogba is anything to go by.

He's well within his rights to want to try and find a place where he can thrive and get back to where he was before the poor form hit. Chelsea may not be that place and for me that's fair enough on him.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun May 20, 2012 11:45 pm

He didn't say they treated him badly....read the interview ffs.

He said this is not what he expected when he signed on , and he said he doesn't want to waste years as a sub.....what is wrong with that exactly.

You're making it sound as if he's criticizing someone here...he isn't, he's just thinking about what's best for his career.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 20, 2012 11:48 pm

i agree with mclewis. chelsea is still unbalance still for him and more physical team than technical. but he has changed awful lot since di matteo appointment and has still lot left in him.

i was surprised too when kalou played ahead, because when torres came he won valuable corner which drogba finished, also had some good solo runs looked lively in extra time. he would have beeen even more disappointed had he not come and drogba didnt score.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 20, 2012 11:52 pm

Ok, he didnt say badly. But he did say he was treated in a way that he didnt expect. He had more than a season to prove himself and he still didnt do it.

This interview comes across as someone who felt like he wasnt given what he deserve, that's how it read to me. he sounded like someone who feels entitled because of his transfer, that to me sounds a bit ridiculous.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next