Torres uncertain over Chelsea future after 'disappointment' of missing out on Champions League final start

+26
Great Leader Sprucenuce
free_cat
Adit
Kingofeverythingclassy
S
Zealous
vizkosity
AnJl
fatman123
iNFINITY9910
Abramovich
MarkForrest17
McLewis
Albiceleste
Luca
Mr Nick09
S32TABLANCA
Art Morte
Dante
Le Samourai
Gil
Ganso
Blue Barrett
la bestia negra
che
Onyx
30 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Torres uncertain over Chelsea future after 'disappointment' of missing out on Champions League final start  - Page 2 Empty Re: Torres uncertain over Chelsea future after 'disappointment' of missing out on Champions League final start

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 21 May 2012, 00:52

Ok, he didnt say badly. But he did say he was treated in a way that he didnt expect. He had more than a season to prove himself and he still didnt do it.

This interview comes across as someone who felt like he wasnt given what he deserve, that's how it read to me. he sounded like someone who feels entitled because of his transfer, that to me sounds a bit ridiculous.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Torres uncertain over Chelsea future after 'disappointment' of missing out on Champions League final start  - Page 2 Empty Re: Torres uncertain over Chelsea future after 'disappointment' of missing out on Champions League final start

Post by Le Samourai Mon 21 May 2012, 00:59

I think he proved himself more than Kalou but whatever.

If he doesn't think that's the role for him, I see nothing wrong with that, you all say he's past it and whatever but he's 27 and a return to top form is not impossible.

So he's within his right to want to start in big games.

It's a tough question to answer, I mean he could say I'm willing to do anything for the team but that would probably be a lie.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Mon 21 May 2012, 01:03; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon 21 May 2012, 01:00

Le Samourai wrote:I think he proved himself more than Kalou but whatever.
Because its fcking Kalou Laughing and Torres was fresh and came on really late against exhausted Bayern defenders, im not surprised he looked decent

Last edited by Albiceleste on Mon 21 May 2012, 01:01; edited 1 time in total

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 21 May 2012, 01:01

Le Samourai wrote:I think he proved himself more than Kalou but whatever.

they dont play the same roles on the pitch, so it's impossible to compare.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon 21 May 2012, 01:05

I've watched Chelsea alot this season.

Torres has pretty much always played on the right whenever Ramires isn't on the pitch.

He's defended more than Kalou as well and is a better crosser.

Very rarely has he played as a striker.

That could also be part of what he meant, he probably doesn't want to be a winger.....I mean , that's part of why Higuain is considering leaving as well.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Mon 21 May 2012, 01:09; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkForrest17 Mon 21 May 2012, 01:07

What chelsea should do for next season.

Let drogba go. While he was amazing during this Champions league run, he was pretty much a ghost in most regular league matches. He just really wanted to win the champions league, I don't think they will get those kinds of performances out of him again. he is forever a legend on the team but its time for them to part

Stack the mid field with talent. Get Hazard, Hulk, who ever. Get players to help supply torres, and players who can maintain possession
MarkForrest17
MarkForrest17
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon 21 May 2012, 01:50

How are people surprised that Kalou started over him lol??

Kalou was a nailed on starter regardless of if Ramires wasn't suspended or not, am sure the game plan was to halt Bayern's fast out of the blocks marlarkey and Torres is a rubbish defender (although he is a striker so don't blame him for that).

If Drogba goes then Torres will be #1 striker simples, I would be mad if he wasn't pissed at not starting but he is a deluded *bleep* if he thinks he would be starting ahead of Drogba.

I understand his frustration, I wanted him to get some game time in the FA cup final as well, but at least he got some minutes in this game.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon 21 May 2012, 03:42

By the way, here's the FULL interview he had with Guillem Balague. It seems worse than it actually is when you take out just that part. If you read the whole thing, you'll know its not as bad as its being portrayed.

Link Here
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon 21 May 2012, 03:56

We only created one chance yesterday and that was from a set piece.

Unless you're Drogba you're not going to be scoring that many goals as a striker in this current Chelsea side. They don't play to his strengths at all.

He'd be top scorer at City, Arsenal or Yanited.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Mon 21 May 2012, 08:10

Its good that he wants the starting striker role, unlike Kalou who will settle for the sub role. He has the hunger, which is awesome.. next season he will be better.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon 21 May 2012, 09:27

torres to score the winner against chelsea in the supercup :bow:
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Mon 21 May 2012, 09:50

Its at least good to see that he isnt just happy to sit on the back of his team mates and win trophies off their hardwork, but to actually play and earn it, unlike a certain frenchman in Manchester....
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Mon 21 May 2012, 10:11

AnJl wrote:unlike a certain frenchman in Manchester....
LOL

tbh, i think torres is very overrated atm....
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Mon 21 May 2012, 10:56

vizkosity wrote:
AnJl wrote:unlike a certain frenchman in Manchester....
LOL

tbh, i think torres is very overrated atm....

Good call on saying 'atm'

Give him a technical midfield and he will provide you the goals.

He is easily the best striker on form, his time at Liverpool should give you an indication what he truely is
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon 21 May 2012, 11:28

AnJl wrote:Its at least good to see that he isnt just happy to sit on the back of his team mates and win trophies off their hardwork, but to actually play and earn it, unlike a certain frenchman in Manchester....

Not this again lol

Nasri wasn't a bench warmer mate lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Mon 21 May 2012, 11:46

Zealous wrote:
AnJl wrote:Its at least good to see that he isnt just happy to sit on the back of his team mates and win trophies off their hardwork, but to actually play and earn it, unlike a certain frenchman in Manchester....

Not this again lol

Nasri wasn't a bench warmer mate lol

Biased opinion is biased :coffee:
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon 21 May 2012, 12:07

I'm not biased though.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Mon 21 May 2012, 12:16

Zealous wrote:I'm not biased though.

I was talking about mine Razz
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon 21 May 2012, 12:18

We'll gladly take him for 15m and make him world class again.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon 21 May 2012, 12:32

AnJl wrote:
Zealous wrote:I'm not biased though.

I was talking about mine Razz

:vagi:

Razz
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon 21 May 2012, 14:30

Torres on SSN: "I've been very lucky to be in this generation of players hear at Chelsea, we have achieved the Champions league which is at the top,and now there is more trophies to come, two super cups to play next season so I think the best is still to come."

:coffee:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Mon 21 May 2012, 14:58

If Chelsea agree to sell to us for 7-8 Million Pounds & if Torres agrees to take a 65% atleast Wage Cut then we may seriously consider him as a bench player.

Though If I had to take a Chelsea player I would take Drogba. I dont mind him as our 4th ST + Wing Back up.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Mon 21 May 2012, 15:00

Surag wrote:We'll gladly take him for 15m and make him world class again.

You cant afford his ridiculous Wage. Neither can we give so much wages for a Bench Player,we reserve those high wages for starters & big players like Ribery.

And Juventus cant even afford RVP's wages,forget about Torres.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon 21 May 2012, 15:00

Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:If Chelsea agree to sell to us for 7-8 Million Pounds & if Torres agrees to take a 65% atleast Wage Cut then we may seriously consider him as a bench player.

Though If I had to take a Chelsea player I would take Drogba. I dont mind him as our 4th ST + Wing Back up.
You really think your lot are some kind of high and mighty bunch don't you? smh
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Mon 21 May 2012, 15:02

Barrettinator wrote:
Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:If Chelsea agree to sell to us for 7-8 Million Pounds & if Torres agrees to take a 65% atleast Wage Cut then we may seriously consider him as a bench player.

Yes. Look he will never SCORE 25-30 goals,forget 40-45 Goals a season for CHELSEA.

So if I were you I would consider selling him for cheap otherwise in the end you will sell him for FREE 2 years later when he was 0 Value.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon 21 May 2012, 15:06

Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:

Yes. Look he will never SCORE 25-30 goals,forget 40-45 Goals a season for CHELSEA.

So if I were you I would consider selling him for cheap otherwise in the end you will sell him for FREE 2 years later when he was 0 Value.
Its not like we're complaining is it? Money been made back a long time ago. We pay players like JT, Lamps and Drog more than him so its not like his wages are affecting the club.

If there's one thing you can bet on, its that Chelsea are NOT going to sell to a rival club.

LOL @ having Drogba as your 4th striker. How disrespectful! Gomez isn't half the player Drogba is.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next