Arturo Vidal

+20
Ganso
Backspacer
JuvenelCuore
S
cositomilan
Cruijf
Giancarlo
BiasedMilanFan3
Vibe
Rossonero23
Brigate Rossonere
IzzyC08
uzonero
vu
ciro1316
baresi
cripsy dipsy
dostoevsky
Milantildeath
M99
24 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Arturo Vidal - Page 2 Empty Re: Arturo Vidal

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:08 am

Anyways I aint even taking this rumour seriously nor do we need him. Juve need a regista vice Pirlo. By the way gian when did we thrive for those rumors. Sure exicement is normal however I don't fall for that none sense. As for the others, if they actually its going to happen then that's none sense. But as reports stand Juve are closer over Milan. As for him not having an EU passport I have to check dat up.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Arturo Vidal - Page 2 Empty Re: Arturo Vidal

Post by Giancarlo Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:11 am

I've known to temper my hopes, even after we stood victorious in the season.

Chileans don't have EU passports, and Vidal doesn't have one. He's a Chilean. I don't believe he qualifies for one either based on lineage or anything but I could be wrong... some Argentines and Brazilians can get it... but I don't think Vidal can.

Milan made an actual bid and it was confirmed. Anything else is just rumor, including the rumor that Juve is closer to him.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Posts : 765
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Arturo Vidal - Page 2 Empty Re: Arturo Vidal

Post by dostoevsky Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:47 am

Juventus follows players like Pazienza: What hopeless signings, no wonder they're a mid-table team. You need to chase better players like Vidal.

Juventus follow players like Vidal: Get over yourselves, you can't sign such talent, go back to signing people like Pazienza.

:?:

He's more defensive than Boateng, I'm not quite understanding the comparison for how they would be used by Allegri, however I certainly don't believe he'd struggle for time. The passport issue is too complicated however, especially if we are truly searching for someone other than Astori for our backline.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 7557
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Arturo Vidal - Page 2 Empty Re: Arturo Vidal

Post by Vibe Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:52 am

He's not more defensive than Boateng....

Vidal's been playing trequartista for Leverkusen recently,he even got 10 goals and 11 assists in Bundesliga.Hardly defensive...
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 10174
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Arturo Vidal - Page 2 Empty Re: Arturo Vidal

Post by Giancarlo Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:05 am

VibeTribe wrote:He's not more defensive than Boateng....

Vidal's been playing trequartista for Leverkusen recently,he even got 10 goals and 11 assists in Bundesliga.Hardly defensive...

It just goes to show you don't know much about the player. He plays a midfielder... he plays in front of defense. And stop looking at one side of stats. Vidal is very multifaceted player. There is a reason why he is valued between 14-17 million Euros... he's not a poorman player at all.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Posts : 765
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Arturo Vidal - Page 2 Empty Re: Arturo Vidal

Post by Vibe Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:11 am

Take it from someone who's been watching Leverkusen for the past five years Giancarlo.I've seen at least 20-30 Vidal games,+ WC games with Chile.I doubt you've seen 2...

I know what Vidal plays and where,the guy even played left back at Leverkusen.My point is that you can't call a player with such offensive capabilities more defensive than Boateng.

If you took seriously the thing I said about Vidal being poor man's Boateng because he can't moonwalk then...
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 10174
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Arturo Vidal - Page 2 Empty Re: Arturo Vidal

Post by Giancarlo Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:14 am

Again, you don't take into account he's a multifaceted player who definitely has defensive abilities. Yeah, it seems to me whenever anyone argues against me, they were watching that particular player for years and years.... uh huh. I'll believe that.

I've seen Vidal plenty. Thank you very much. I know what kind of player he is. And again, his value is between 14-17 million.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Posts : 765
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Arturo Vidal - Page 2 Empty Re: Arturo Vidal

Post by Vibe Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:26 am

Giancarlo wrote:Yeah, it seems to me whenever anyone argues against me, they were watching that particular player for years and years.... uh huh. I'll believe that.

That's because your posting has a very kvazish scent to it TBH....
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 10174
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Arturo Vidal - Page 2 Empty Re: Arturo Vidal

Post by dostoevsky Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:46 am

I specifically stated that: "I'm not quite understanding the comparison for how they would be used by Allegri."

Vidal would almost certainly be used in a deeper position to Boateng. Vidal is a more versatile player and is comfortable in front of the defence, a position which Boateng can not play. Even if they were both played in central midfield Allegri would employ Vidal in the more withdrawn role given his positional sense and ball winning abilities are better. The statistics are significant for his ability, however not necessarily for his qualities or how he would be used within Milan. Lampard's scoring record is superior to Gerrard, however he's the more naturally defensive in his general use.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 7557
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Arturo Vidal - Page 2 Empty Re: Arturo Vidal

Post by Vibe Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:11 am

I agree with what you said there till the Lampard/Gerrard bit.Both are basically CM/AM with extremely similar qualities...

-------AM----------
LCM--------Boateng
------Vidal---------

-------AM---------
Vidal-------Boateng
-------DM--------

------Vidal---------
LCM--------Boateng
------DM----------

-----Boateng
LCM---------Vidal
-------DM-------

-----Boateng----
LCM---------RCM
------Vidal-------

Any of these are an option.The general confusion is that you said Vidal is more defensive than Boateng.I comprehend that in terms of mentality...If you said Vidal is better defensively than Boateng I would have agreed,I think that is what you meant.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 10174
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Arturo Vidal - Page 2 Empty Re: Arturo Vidal

Post by dostoevsky Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:43 am

Well Gerrard has played seasons effectively as a second striker at times, whilst Lampard's effectiveness is decreased if he's forced to play as high as a number 10, however it's not really relevant.

I think we understand each other in terms of Vidal and Boateng now though.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 7557
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Arturo Vidal - Page 2 Empty Re: Arturo Vidal

Post by Cruijf Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:26 pm

I really don't think this is a feasible option.

a) he is definitely too expensive. 15m for someone who has no European experience and is in the last year of his contract? The only big tournament he has been in was the WC, and while he did perform well, how many times have we seen someone who was over hyped because of the WC, and then flopped at a big club.

b)Giancarlo is right. Vidal has no EU passport. Even if the FIGC change the rule, that spot should be saved for ganso.

Don't get me wrong, he's good. But 15m is too expensive IMO. If he gets an EU passport, and galliani is willing to spend the $$ on him, I would be very happy. But I do not want to take Ganso's spot and be our Mr.X
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 3915
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Arturo Vidal - Page 2 Empty Re: Arturo Vidal

Post by Giancarlo Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:27 pm

Now now... if Taiwo gets his French passport, Vidal is possible as that would open two non-EU options for us... but I'm not sure.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Posts : 765
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Arturo Vidal - Page 2 Empty Re: Arturo Vidal

Post by baresi Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:48 pm

I wonder why we got Taiwo in the first place?
I hope he proves me wrong, but till then I have my concerns.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 2532
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Arturo Vidal - Page 2 Empty Re: Arturo Vidal

Post by Giancarlo Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:51 pm

Taiwo was an absolutely great transfer... I'm fine with signing him... but we haven't done it officially yet (register him with the Lega Calcio) because I presume they are waiting for his passport. I don't think you could pass up on a player like Taiwo.

As far as Vidal, I think he may actually be headed to Bayern Munich. The talk with Juventus was mere rumor and not possible... plus why go to a team like that?
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Posts : 765
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Arturo Vidal - Page 2 Empty Re: Arturo Vidal

Post by baresi Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:56 pm

Giancarlo wrote:Taiwo was an absolutely great transfer... I'm fine with signing him... but we haven't done it officially yet (register him with the Lega Calcio) because I presume they are waiting for his passport. I don't think you could pass up on a player like Taiwo.

As far as Vidal, I think he may actually be headed to Bayern Munich. The talk with Juventus was mere rumor and not possible... plus why go to a team like that?

whats wrong with Bayern?
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 2532
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Arturo Vidal - Page 2 Empty Re: Arturo Vidal

Post by Giancarlo Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:58 pm

baresi wrote:
Giancarlo wrote:Taiwo was an absolutely great transfer... I'm fine with signing him... but we haven't done it officially yet (register him with the Lega Calcio) because I presume they are waiting for his passport. I don't think you could pass up on a player like Taiwo.

As far as Vidal, I think he may actually be headed to Bayern Munich. The talk with Juventus was mere rumor and not possible... plus why go to a team like that?

whats wrong with Bayern?

Um sorry, I was not clear. I was referring to Juventus with that question. Wink Why go to a team like Juve?
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Posts : 765
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Arturo Vidal - Page 2 Empty Re: Arturo Vidal

Post by baresi Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:04 pm

ahha good point then Very Happy
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 2532
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Arturo Vidal - Page 2 Empty Re: Arturo Vidal

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:02 am

Giancarlo wrote:
VibeTribe wrote:He's not more defensive than Boateng....

Vidal's been playing trequartista for Leverkusen recently,he even got 10 goals and 11 assists in Bundesliga.Hardly defensive...

It just goes to show you don't know much about the player. He plays a midfielder... he plays in front of defense. And stop looking at one side of stats. Vidal is very multifaceted player. There is a reason why he is valued between 14-17 million Euros... he's not a poorman player at all.

I completely agree. However Giancarlo he is a Box to Box midfielder so he actually does play defensive.. Who knew I would agree with Giancarlo. But anyways +1.

Giancarlo wrote:
Um sorry, I was not clear. I was referring to Juventus with that question. Wink Why go to a team like Juve?

Who knows, who cares. I don't want him, that's for sure.

Giancarlo wrote:
As far as Vidal, I think he may actually be headed to Bayern Munich. The talk with Juventus was mere rumor and not possible... plus why go to a team like that?

I don't know, according to reports he's already on his way, we apparently gave up Diarra for him. He also apparently said yes, but then again those are rumors I don't fall for them. But as it stands Juve are the closest as of now, but no surprise in the end if we don't sign him. Another Inler idotic transfer rumor.

ACMRox wrote:I really don't think this is a feasible option.

a) he is definitely too expensive. 15m for someone who has no European experience and is in the last year of his contract? The only big tournament he has been in was the WC, and while he did perform well, how many times have we seen someone who was over hyped because of the WC, and then flopped at a big club.

b)Giancarlo is right. Vidal has no EU passport. Even if the FIGC change the rule, that spot should be saved for ganso.

Don't get me wrong, he's good. But 15m is too expensive IMO. If he gets an EU passport, and galliani is willing to spend the $$ on him, I would be very happy. But I do not want to take Ganso's spot and be our Mr.X

Exactly, Exactly, Exactly ! I can't believe I'm agreeing to you Milanista's. +1. Not only all that, in addition this guy does not even fit with Juve's current system, Milanista's he's all yours.


Last edited by sciacca on Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Arturo Vidal - Page 2 Empty Re: Arturo Vidal

Post by Giancarlo Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:06 am

sciacca wrote:

I completely agree. However Giancarlo he is a Box to Box midfielder so he actually does play defensive.. Who knew I would with Giancarlo. But anyways +1.

Um... by multifaceted I do imply he does play defensive. In another thread, I've said he has defensive traits.



Who knows, who cares. I don't want him, that's for sure.

Neither can sign him because of bureaucratic limitations.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Posts : 765
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Arturo Vidal - Page 2 Empty Re: Arturo Vidal

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:09 am

Giancarlo wrote:
sciacca wrote:

I completely agree. However Giancarlo he is a Box to Box midfielder so he actually does play defensive.. Who knew I would with Giancarlo. But anyways +1.

Um... by multifaceted I do imply he does play defensive. In another thread, I've said he has defensive traits.



Who knows, who cares. I don't want him, that's for sure.

Neither can sign him because of bureaucratic limitations.

What on earth does multifaceted mean? Sorry for my bad English lmao...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Arturo Vidal - Page 2 Empty Re: Arturo Vidal

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:13 am

dostoevsky wrote:Juventus follows players like Pazienza: What hopeless signings, no wonder they're a mid-table team. You need to chase better players like Vidal.

Juventus follow players like Vidal: Get over yourselves, you can't sign such talent, go back to signing people like Pazienza.

:?:

He's more defensive than Boateng, I'm not quite understanding the comparison for how they would be used by Allegri, however I certainly don't believe he'd struggle for time. The passport issue is too complicated however, especially if we are truly searching for someone other than Astori for our backline.

I don't know if that's your opinion or just saying that as a question however....

Disagreed completely. Pazienza was only a free move, I hate this player so much. However he is just a THIRD alternative. He will not be starting, he will be warming the bench all season. Why should we sign Vidal, and waste money for another bench warmer when in fact we already have Marchisio who play the exact same way.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Arturo Vidal - Page 2 Empty Re: Arturo Vidal

Post by Giancarlo Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:42 am

Vidal is way better than Marchisio... in my opinion. Vidal would move to a team that has higher standards I think.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Posts : 765
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Arturo Vidal - Page 2 Empty Re: Arturo Vidal

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:44 am

Giancarlo wrote:Vidal is way better than Marchisio... in my opinion. Vidal would move to a team that has higher standards I think.

You do know that Marchisio is more proven right?

Didn't you just finish saying before Vidal isn't a proven player yet?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Arturo Vidal - Page 2 Empty Re: Arturo Vidal

Post by Giancarlo Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:51 am

sciacca wrote:
Giancarlo wrote:Vidal is way better than Marchisio... in my opinion. Vidal would move to a team that has higher standards I think.

You do know that Marchisio is more proven right?

Didn't you just finish saying before Vidal isn't a proven player yet?

Um how is he more proven?

How is Vidal not a proven player? Vidal was key for Chile in the world cup... where was Marchisio?

Vidal plays for a top level football team.

I don't see how Marchisio is more proven. Marchisio isn't even that great of a player.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Posts : 765
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Arturo Vidal - Page 2 Empty Re: Arturo Vidal

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:05 am

Proven meaning he plays for a bigger club and plays in Serie A. If you consider someone like Vidal who has played in Bundesliga proven then by all means we have complete different views. Due to the fact that I find it already none sense that Bundesliga is ahead of us, does not mean that league is better. As for Bayer Leverkusen, what have they done to be such a big team? Second place. Sure, great. However Juventus is prestigious my friend, if in your terms only reaching second, never suceeding at CL a top football team, then I have no idea what you claim. Yes Juventus is a mid table team, however in general there's no way you can compare both clubs. I'd like to see how Vidal would adapt to Seire A if he is so proven in your terms.

Now your statement of Marchisio not being 'great of a player'... is just completely biased. I'm not calling him amazing, I'm not calling him the best, however he is a great midfielder. One of the most consistent in Italy. Just yesterday if I recall right, you mentioned Marchisio was actually a good Midfielder no? Why the sudden change of mind?


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Arturo Vidal - Page 2 Empty Re: Arturo Vidal

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum