dostoevsky
Milantildeath
M99
24 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Arturo Vidal - Page 5 Empty Re: Arturo Vidal

Post by uzonero Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:41 am

Anyone knows how things are going with taiwo's eu passport?

uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:17 pm

Giancarlo wrote:If we get Vidal, I'll seriously flip out. That'll be one hell of a transfer. I await to see what happens tomorrow with the FIGC.

I think he has a German passport because we already made a bid for him which was rejected.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:58 pm

milanista99 wrote:
Giancarlo wrote:If we get Vidal, I'll seriously flip out. That'll be one hell of a transfer. I await to see what happens tomorrow with the FIGC.

I think he has a German passport because we already made a bid for him which was rejected.

no he doesnt possess one..somehow i feel vidal will go the team with the highest bid..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by ciro1316 Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:52 pm

vidal would be a great buy but it all hangs on that eu spot i wouldn't want vidal if it meant no ganso

Last edited by ciro1316 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

ciro1316
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:27 pm

Now the FIGC decision has been put for July 5th... I thought it was supposed to come today. Oh well.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:17 pm

Clear indication of them having doubts about this rule...

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:10 pm

This rule is only keeping Serie A backward. What is wrong with the FIGC?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:17 pm

I guess they believe in Nationality rather than Quality.

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:38 am

Or I simply read incorrectly or had bad information.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:44 am

milanista99 wrote:This rule is only keeping Serie A backward. What is wrong with the FIGC?

I don't think so, bro. When Italy had the ban on foreigners in the '90's and '00's, we had statistically some of the best squads of all time; see 2002. Vieri, Del Piero, Totti, Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Coco, Inzaghi, etc.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:48 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:
milanista99 wrote:This rule is only keeping Serie A backward. What is wrong with the FIGC?

I don't think so, bro. When Italy had the ban on foreigners in the '90's and '00's, we had statistically some of the best squads of all time; see 2002. Vieri, Del Piero, Totti, Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Coco, Inzaghi, etc.

Milan, which had great success in the 1980s and 1990s, was widely based on foreign players, such as the famous Dutch contingent. I've went through this in the other thread. Milan always had a diverse team... plus other players like Desailly, Savicevic, and Weah later on.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:51 am

Giancarlo wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:

Milan, which had great success in the 1980s and 1990s, was widely based on foreign players, such as the famous Dutch contingent. I've went through this in the other thread. Milan always had a diverse team... plus other players like Desailly, Savicevic, and Weah later on.

Funny. Milanista said "keeping Serie A backward" not "keeping Milan backward." Reading ftw.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:57 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:

Funny. Milanista said "keeping Serie A backward" not "keeping Milan backward." Reading ftw.

Milan was a great deal of the Serie A's success in the 1980s/1990s, especially in Europe. But even if you take Juventus they had many foreign players too.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:59 am

Giancarlo wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:

Milan was a great deal of the Serie A's success in the 1980s/1990s, especially in Europe. But even if you take Juventus they had many foreign players too.

Once again, who is speaking of clubs Giancarlo ? I am speaking of Italy as a whole. Today, how many players do Milan, Inter, and Roma contribute collectively ? 5 ? Cassano, Pazzini, Ranocchia, Thiago Motta, De Rossi. How many did they contribute in 2002 ?

I think the ban of foreigners should be more strict...do we want to risk an English NT ?
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:02 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:
Giancarlo wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:

Once again, who is speaking of clubs Giancarlo ? I am speaking of Italy as a whole. Today, how many players do Milan, Inter, and Roma contribute collectively ? 5 ? Cassano, Pazzini, Ranocchia, Thiago Motta, De Rossi. How many did they contribute in 2002 ?

I think the ban of foreigners should be more strict...do we want to risk an English NT ?

Um, this forum is about a specific club. If you care to discuss this matter about Italy, I'm sure the Italy forum would be more suitable. When you post in here, these threads regard club level football specifically regarding Milan. I'm not talking about the Italian national team.

I think the ban on foreigners is having a counterproductive effect, and actually damaging Italian football. Spain doesn't have a strict ban like that... and lets not even talk about their National Team right now.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:06 am

Giancarlo wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:
Giancarlo wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:

Um, this forum is about a specific club. If you care to discuss this matter about Italy, I'm sure the Italy forum would be more suitable. When you post in here, these threads regard club level football specifically regarding Milan. I'm not talking about the Italian national team.

I think the ban on foreigners is having a counterproductive effect, and actually damaging Italian football. Spain doesn't have a strict ban like that... and lets not even talk about their National Team right now.

I didn't bring up Italy, Milanista did. You're talking to the wrong person.

Spain's NT is good...so what ? It was their first WC and they didn't even win it in amazing fashion. They played very badly considering who they had. The ban on foreigners was good in the past, not sure if you watched football.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:07 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:
Spain's NT is good...so what ? It was their first WC and they didn't even win it in amazing fashion. They played very badly considering who they had. The ban on foreigners was good in the past, not sure if you watched football.

I strongly disagree with you about both points (especially regarding Spain, where they won it well and played well), but again... I don't care what Milanista said... this forum is about AC Milan.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:14 am

Giancarlo wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:

I strongly disagree with you about both points (especially regarding Spain, where they won it well and played well), but again... I don't care what Milanista said... this forum is about AC Milan.

Spain lost to Switzerland and barely edged teams 1-0. No confidence in results as they barely edged even Paraguay I believe in a World Cup where major players Italy, France, Brazil, etc. all under-performed. 2002 was our best team for Italy, and why is that ? Let me know The foreigner ban works wonders.

Some Italian you are. Evil or Very Mad
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:17 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:
Giancarlo wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:

Spain lost to Switzerland and barely edged teams 1-0. No confidence in results as they barely edged even Paraguay I believe in a World Cup where major players Italy, France, Brazil, etc. all under-performed. 2002 was our best team for Italy, and why is that ? Let me know The foreigner ban works wonders.

Some Italian you are. Evil or Very Mad

Did you even watch the world cup? I think not. They played very good football, and had many chances. It's not about "barely edging" teams. They completely outplayed other teams... like Holland and Germany.

And the Italian NT is famous for 1-0 results btw... lets not even go there...

I'm not talking about either.

I don't even cheer on the Italian National Team. But you make a lot of silly statements like that the foreign ban worked wonders... silliness.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:21 am

Spain played well ? It was the only time I regretted watching a football match. Boring, possession and tick-tack style. They didn't deserve it.

The foreign ban did work, sorry you don't watch football and are just a proponent of the Milan association...non-Italians.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:49 am

Yes I know it's off topic, but I want to put in one input within Italy's and Spain's World Cups. Seeing that it's already off topic, I can't be blamed.

Giancarlo, I can't go to the extent of saying Spain didn't deserve it because they won it for a reason. Spain's squad is one of the best in the world without a doubt and with their current talent.. there's just no disputing that. However, I have to agree with nelcuore here.

You see, it's one thing to talk about a squad and how they function within tactics and in this case ball possession which is seemliness boring, which in all fairness Italy is known to defend the entire game and go on the counter which for many is also boring. For you can enjoy which nobody can stop because it's your view of how you love watching the game.

But, when you compare both nations within excitement in both world cups, I Have to go with Italy here. All the drama in most their games speak for themselves. The Germany game was an instant classic and recorded as the 9th best World Cup game in history. The finals with Zidane and Materazzi made headlines for years, Buffon's save on Zidane which is unforgettable in anybody watching that game in that stadium in Berlin or those watching on the television set. Something that Cassiails never did during the World Cup, as in spectacular saves. Something Spain hasn't done within excitement compared to Italy. In my opinion they were actually boring to watch no offense, but as in facts, Italy historically and in 2006 brought in one of the best matches in all of World Cup History, something Spain never managed in 2010.

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:49 am

Fair enough. We have different views on the matter. I think Spain played very nice football. But I guess we have our perceptions. But this isn't the forum for it.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:53 am

Giancarlo wrote:Fair enough. We have different views on the matter. I think Spain played very nice football. But I guess we have our perceptions. But this isn't the forum for it.

I know, but as I said it was already off topic, I just put in my input seeing that I enjoy discussing about the national team. Yes it's in the wrong section, but what can I say, one input won't hurt. It was on topic before as I was discussing with you and MTD, but I guess it went off topic again.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:22 am

Giancarlo wrote:Fair enough. We have different views on the matter. I think Spain played very nice football. But I guess we have our perceptions. But this isn't the forum for it.

Glad we came to a conclusion Gianca, and in terms of off-topic, I apologize. I was merely commenting on the ban which I believe to be good.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:01 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:

If FIGC wants La Nazionale to benefit, they need to implement something like 6+5 or at least something similar to it. This rule only disallows non European players, there are no restrictions about French, German, Spanish, Portugese, Russian or any other European players or even South American, Asians or African players as long as they have an EU passport.. Even with this rule, Inter managed to walk in the Champions League Final with zero Italians on the starting line up. This rule has stopped many quality players on joining Serie A and making the league stronger, for example Edin Dzeko wanted to join Juventus over Man City he said so numerous times. But due to Juve buying Krasic, they couldn't get Dzeko.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:02 am

I truly believe the FIGC should do something about allowing more youth players to play...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next