Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months!

+34
Helmer
iftikhar
poolsupporter
Emaharg
CBarca
ErPupone
edulfc
Ganso
Motogp69
mr-r34
S
RealGunner
Forza
Arquitecto
fatman123
TheRedStag
Rebaño Sagrado
Abramovich
7amood11
stevieg8
The Sanchez
Cotes
BeautifulGame
RedOranje
Art Morte
Kick
Red Alert
donttreadonred
Onyx
McAgger
Le Samourai
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Nishankly
Fahim89
38 posters

Page 6 of 43 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 24 ... 43  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months! - Page 6 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months!

Post by Le Samourai Tue May 29, 2012 9:26 pm

Loans are traditionally more secure...Loan with an option to buy sounds fine.

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months! - Page 6 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months!

Post by Art Morte Tue May 29, 2012 9:28 pm

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1081185/joe-cole-hoping-for-second-chance-at-liverpool?cc=5739

Joe Cole is keen to restore his reputation at Anfield by making a return to Liverpool next season following a loan spell at Lille.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue May 29, 2012 9:29 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Loans are traditionally more secure...Loan with an option to buy sounds fine.

Aquilani? Cole?

Liverpool should be aiming for someone younger and/or more consistent than Krasic in any case, IMO.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue May 29, 2012 10:42 pm

^What's wrong with their loan deals?

I can see negatives for us, but not negatives for Milan and Lillie......the ball is in your court when you take a player on loan with an option to buy.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want Krasic , but I wouldn't be against a loan if not just to see what he's capable of or if he can contribute.I wouldn't be against going after a younger player at all as well...but if that's not possible it isn't a bad option per se.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue May 29, 2012 10:49 pm

You said loans are more secure... both players have been on loan-to-buy deals that have fallen apart and only worked to hurt Liverpool (still paying the majority of wages, players run down their contracts and the club gets no money back). Personally after the nonsense Juve pulled with the Aquilani loan I'd not be interested in any loan deal they offer.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue May 29, 2012 10:52 pm

Sorry I wasn't clear.

Loan deals (for the most part) are very secure for the receiving party.For the selling party, they can be a pain in the ass.

I won't argue that , but just saying, buying and selling are two different things....if they insert a contract to buy they can't try to extract more money from us.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu May 31, 2012 4:42 am

I like Joe Cole, Don't mind letting him stay for another year considering we are on the verge of losing Maxi or Kuyt. [maybe]
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu May 31, 2012 7:15 am

Nishank wrote:I like Joe Cole, Don't mind letting him stay for another year considering we are on the verge of losing Maxi or Kuyt. [maybe]

No way. 90k pounds a week. Ninety thousand pounds a week for a man who has no future at the club.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu May 31, 2012 7:16 am

Hoping Joe Allen comes to Liverpool.

Jordan Henderson, Jonjo Shelvey, Joe Allen and Lucas Leiva. That potential. :bow:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu May 31, 2012 7:50 am

Think we'd be more likely to get Sigurdsson than Allen, since Sigurdsson hasn't actually signed for Swansea yet.

Don't really expect either though, myself.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu May 31, 2012 1:37 pm

I rather Sigurdsson.

Joe Allen is fairly similar to Jonjo.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu May 31, 2012 4:04 pm

-----------------Reina
--Johnson---Skrtel---Agger---Enrique
-----------------Lucas

That for GK, def and DM is good enough. Liverpool need a RW/LW/CF depending on where Suarez plays, a CM or AM, depending on where Gerrard plays.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu May 31, 2012 10:35 pm

Apparently Afellay is worth 8m this transfer window.

Rodgers has also said that he will like to give everyone a chance including Cole and Aquilani. Not too sure how I feel about that. Delighted for Aquilani but Cole needs to take a pay cut. There is no way he deserves 90k a week.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 31, 2012 11:20 pm

ynwa wrote:Apparently Afellay is worth 8m this transfer window.

According to latest reports its 6m and we are the favourites currently....

Not quite sure how tbh but if its true you wont see me complaining Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Thu May 31, 2012 11:39 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

According to latest reports its 6m and we are the favourites currently....

Not quite sure how tbh but if its true you wont see me complaining Very Happy
After the press some of your transfer success stories received, I would expect you to be linked with just about every good value in Europe.

Twitter is currently blowing up due to RVP's comments about his connection with Afellay. Don't see that happening with the Podolski signing, though.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu May 31, 2012 11:51 pm

Rodgers has also said that he will like to give everyone a chance including Cole and Aquilani. Not too sure how I feel about that. Delighted for Aquilani but Cole needs to take a pay cut. There is no way he deserves 90k a week.
I can see a player like Aquilani fitting into Rodger's style well, the question will be whether he is mentally up to it.

RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:44 am

Definitely. It's quite evident Aquilani just wants to play football. He was told he wasn't needed by Roy and was loaned out. Stooged by Juventus, he came back under Kenny where I thought he was going to stay. He was then told he was going to be back-up to Gerrard and got left for A.C only to be used again.

A midfield trio of Aquilani, Henderson and Leiva would do wonders for Rodgers possession football. His injuries worries are looking good also. Only 2-3 minor injuries in his last 2 seasons. Was about 6-7 in his first season here.

He's also said this:
"It's necessary to understand if there are the foundations for an agreement that satisfies everyone," the former Roma man told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I'm waiting for Liverpool to decide on the identity of their new coach and reorganise themselves. Then we will have to meet in order to figure out their plans.

"The only thing I can do is make the right decision. For me, it is important to have the opportunity to make a contribution, to play well and regularly."

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:48 am

Honestly, it seems to me that he just desperately wants to stay in Italy. I could well be wrong (and I'd be happy to see him succeed at Liverpool) but I don't think his mind or heart are with Liverpool anymore, if they ever were to begin with.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:44 pm

Suspect Fellaini being linked with us... the day after a managerial appointment. Doesn't make sense in Rodgers system, or the team needs.

:facepalm: Rumor rags...

Aquilani might fit very well, but its a valid question if he even wants to play in England again, much less Liverpool. Let's be honest... we've kind of screwed him over the past few seasons (since Rafa's departure). He would seem to have some of the skills to fit into Rodger's system, but his health is a concern, as is his commitment. We won't know more until he actually speaks with the manager.

I would welcome him back, as he has looked good in performances for Juve and Milan the past few seasons. That said I could see Rodgers moving him out and hijacking Swansea's move for Sigurdsson or renewing our interest in Rasmus Elm.

Given Rodgers system, a variant on the 4-3-3/4-2-3-1, focused on 8 zones of possession dispersed across the length of the pitch:
--------ST
LW-----------RW
-----CAM
------------CM
-------DM
LB---------------RB
------CB-CB
--------GK

I would say we definitely need at least one wide forward/winger (maybe two), a ST (backup/competition/replacement for Carroll), LB cover/competition for Enrique, and another CM (competition for Henderson / long-term Gerrard successor). Our strategy in the transfer market will heavily depend on how Rodgers decides to use Suarez, and if he brings back Cole and Aquilani.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:51 pm

No rumor is of any use at this moment don't think we would be hearing anything for the next one to two weeks . . apart from the announcements of the Executive team supporting BR
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:52 am

Fellaini was linked with us by caugth offside.com if i am not mistaken.So not really worth bothering though.

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:53 am

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers wants to make Gylfi Sigurdsson his first signing following arrival at Anfield
Brendan Rodgers has confirmed his intention to make Gylfi Sigurdsson his first Liverpool signing after the midfielder’s move to Swansea City stalled.

By Chris Bascombe
11:59PM BST 02 Jun 2012

Sigurdsson was heading to the Liberty Stadium prior to Rodgers’ appointment at Anfield, but the change in circumstances appears to have scuppered the deal.

A £6.8 million fee was agreed between Swansea and Hoffenheim while Rodgers was still in charge, and personal terms were also negotiated with the 22 year-old.

But now the Northern Irishman has moved to Merseyside, Sigurdsson is destined to follow.

While Rodgers fully respects Swansea’s wish to conclude a deal, he says he feels compelled to pursue a player whose career has flourished under his charge.

“If he comes onto the market, I have to be interested,” explained Rodgers.

“His initial chat has to be with Swansea, because he had a good period there.

“I said when I had the chat with the chairman (Huw Jenkins) the other day, when I told him I was going to go to Liverpool, that Gylfi came to Swansea because I was there as manager.

“I said to Huw if I speak to the kid I’ll tell him to make sure he certainly comes down and speaks to the new (Swansea) manager, whoever that is, and that if he’s still not comfortable with that, he’s in the marketplace then — and then I have to look at him.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9307817/Liverpool-manager-Brendan-Rodgers-wants-to-make-Gylfi-Sigurdsson-his-first-signing-following-arrival-at-Anfield.html

Think Sigurdsson is nailed for us.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:58 am

Not surprised.

You guys still need a winger though.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:57 am

Still need a winger and a forward. Could also use a back-up DM and perhaps a LB if Robinson isn't ready for some first team action, given Enrique's inconsistent form.

Hopefully if Sigurdsson does arrive he won't slow Henderson's progress too much.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:46 am

Back up DM?

Spoiler:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2129647/Liverpool-lead-chase-Hector-Herrera.html?ITO=1490

Very Happy
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:20 am

@Red

Isnt Sigurosson's natural position as AM? I think his arrival will have more impact on Shelvy with henderson competing with Gerrard for CM.

Also think Robinson deserves ato be given a chance at LB as i believe he is potentially much better than Enrique.Bringing in a backup to Enrique could destroy his career at Anfield.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 43 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 24 ... 43  Next