Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca?

+59
Baraa
la bestia negra
S32TABLANCA
Blue Barrett
vivabarca38
paperbackwriter
LeVersacci
Guiltybystander
windkick
Adit
VivaStPauli
punkfusion1992
the xcx
guest7
EarlyPrototype
izzy
urbaNRoots
Doc
Lord Hades
Senor Penguin
billionmillion
Zealous
Brady2Moss
che
BarcaLearning
rwo power
Arquitecto
Jack Daniels
Twoism
kiranr
Lord Awesome
Tifoso Romanista
Swanhends
Bellabong
Jeps33178
Dnmac4
Cotes
REWB
Abramovich
VanDeezNuts
The Franchise
Sushi Master
Le Samourai
leemhuis
white_star
Raptorgunner
WakingTea
BarrileteCosmico
Albiceleste
RED
Onyx
The Messiah
Die Borussen
Gomez83
Mr Nick09
Pedram
Luca
FalcaoPunch
Great Leader Sprucenuce
63 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca?

Post by RED Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:42 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
mtfootball wrote:If we beat Barca on Saturday, beat Bayern next week, win the league and win the CL then we'll be the best.


I agree with that, but all massive if's tbf as it stands for all your quality and money you have spent you have not proved a great deal so far.

Which is really my point, everyone though Madrid would thrash Bayern and it quite frankly left me rather confused.

@red 80s

Madrid will not murder Bayern, they might go through but they wont murder them...... i bet you thought Madrid was going to batter them like everyone else aswell?



Nope. I acutally thought the 1st leg would be a score draw 1-1.

Just wanted to touch on that.


Last edited by RED 80s. on Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 10249
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca?

Post by white_star Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:43 pm

mtfootball wrote:If we beat Barca on Saturday, beat Bayern next week, win the league and win the CL then we'll be the best.



Lots of emphasis has to be put on the word IF!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk
Posts : 1965
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:44 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Madrid are second best team in the world, they are not that far off this season from Barcelona.

Why? because the feast on La Liga scrubs? because they have arguably the best teams on paper?

None of those reasons prove they are 2nd best, you have to beat the elite in Europe to prove that and Madrid have not managed to do that since the Zidane days.

I know they had a poor season in Europe but Man Utd have achieved more in europe than they have recently...

As have Bayern and Chelsea.

People take far too much emphasis of how good teams look on paper imo, it means f*ck all at the end of the day.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68989
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca?

Post by Onyx Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:47 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
mtfootball wrote:If we beat Barca on Saturday, beat Bayern next week, win the league and win the CL then we'll be the best.


I agree with that, but all massive if's tbf as it stands for all your quality and money you have spent you have not proved a great deal so far.

Which is really my point, everyone though Madrid would thrash Bayern and it quite frankly left me rather confused.

@red 80s

Madrid will not murder Bayern, they might go through but they wont murder them...... i bet you thought Madrid was going to batter them like everyone else aswell?

Madrid played poorly tonight because they was'nt allowed to play, i find it interesting how people seem to make the same naive mistakes over and over again.

Again not saying Madrid wont beat them because they might but they wont batter them.

Also top of La Liga mean's f*ck all in this discussion if they cant beat Bayern.

All that means Madrid are flat track bullies are batter teams that are not of CL level but they cant hang with the big boys.

Why are people saying we're going to thrash them? Bayern are a big team. We haven't really proven much vs big teams with Mourinho, so how can people say we're going to thrash them?


Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40129
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca?

Post by Pedram Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:47 pm

Bayern can't win a one horse league while Real is topping their league.

A single match away from home doesn't change the fact. there are many factor that should be considered.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7242
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca?

Post by The Messiah Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:48 pm

REYES MAREED ARE NOT THE 2ND OR EVEN 3RD BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD


United, Napoli, City Milan and Chelsea are easily better than them, all you media Mourinho, La-liga Bang-Overs.

Wake up
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 6153
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca?

Post by Gomez83 Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:49 pm

Pedram wrote:Bayern can't win a one horse league while Real is topping their league.

A single match away from home doesn't change the fact. there are many factor that should be considered.
Your team Madrid has yet to beat a top 2 European team since Mourinho took over. Which has been 2 seasons.
EXCEPT for that one Barcelona game in the final of kings cup but playing against a team 5 times one season of course your bound to win 1 of them.
Gomez83
Gomez83
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 346
Join date : 2012-04-13
Age : 40

Back to top Go down

Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:51 pm

Pedram wrote:Bayern can't win a one horse league while Real is topping their league.

A single match away from home doesn't change the fact. there are many factor that should be considered.

That means you are more consistent, Bayern have proved more in Europe's top competition......

You have not beaten a top team in Europe since Zidane was in his prime, league means f*ck all in the discussion you dont prove your the best by beating Sporting Gijon.

LOL @ Bundesliga a one horse league, its arguably the most competitive leagues in europe.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68989
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca?

Post by Pedram Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:54 pm

Gomez83 wrote:
Pedram wrote:Bayern can't win a one horse league while Real is topping their league.

A single match away from home doesn't change the fact. there are many factor that should be considered.
Your team Madrid has yet to beat a top 2 European team since Mourinho took over. Which has been 2 seasons.
EXCEPT for that one Barcelona game in the final of kings cup but playing against a team 5 times one season of course your bound to win 1 of them.

You do realize that the game wasn't on a neutral venue and that Bayern won with a late goal ?

A game doesn't prove that who's the better team, compare their season and you'll know who's the better side.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7242
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca?

Post by Die Borussen Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:54 pm

Idrisozet wrote:REYES MAREED ARE NOT THE 2ND OR EVEN 3RD BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD


United, Napoli, City Milan and Chelsea are easily better than them, all you media Mourinho, La-liga Bang-Overs.

Wake up

german players,teams,league,coaches,girls & fans r overrated

united napoli city milan and chelsea might be better than madrid but bayern shouldnt be considered a top team sorry to say.


Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3442
Join date : 2012-01-17

Back to top Go down

Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca?

Post by leemhuis Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:56 pm

The best teams were on the other side of the draw I think. If Chelsea keeps it close with Barca, I will be positive about it.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 923
Join date : 2011-09-07

Back to top Go down

Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca?

Post by Gomez83 Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:57 pm

Pedram wrote:
Gomez83 wrote:
Pedram wrote:Bayern can't win a one horse league while Real is topping their league.

A single match away from home doesn't change the fact. there are many factor that should be considered.
Your team Madrid has yet to beat a top 2 European team since Mourinho took over. Which has been 2 seasons.
EXCEPT for that one Barcelona game in the final of kings cup but playing against a team 5 times one season of course your bound to win 1 of them.

You do realize that the game wasn't on a neutral venue and that Bayern won with a late goal ?

A game doesn't prove that who's the better team, compare their season and you'll know who's the better side.
You are talking about how this one match doesn't change the facts, the fact is, Madrid has not played against a top 2 team in the longest time so they surely cannot be considered top 2, Hell I rate Milan better than Madrid.
Gomez83
Gomez83
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 346
Join date : 2012-04-13
Age : 40

Back to top Go down

Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca?

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:57 pm

Mole feeding off poor posters...:facepalm: you having fun? albino
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 31600
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca?

Post by Gomez83 Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:58 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Mole feeding off poor posters...:facepalm: you having fun? albino
How is it a poor post because you cannot defend against it? It is a serious question I don't see how you can rate Madrid as a #2 or #1 when they do not prove themselves.
Gomez83
Gomez83
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 346
Join date : 2012-04-13
Age : 40

Back to top Go down

Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca?

Post by Pedram Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:59 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Pedram wrote:Bayern can't win a one horse league while Real is topping their league.

A single match away from home doesn't change the fact. there are many factor that should be considered.

That means you are more consistent, Bayern have proved more in Europe's top competition......

You have not beaten a top team in Europe since Zidane was in his prime, league means f*ck all in the discussion you dont prove your the best by beating Sporting Gijon.

LOL @ Bundesliga a one horse league, its arguably the most competitive leagues in europe.

So consistency doesn't mean f*ck all ? just because Bayern beat us in their home with a late goal proves that they are better than us ? oh please.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7242
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca?

Post by Die Borussen Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:01 am

madrid - bayern 10-0 you heard it here first

i go to sleep ,. goodnight have nightmares!

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3442
Join date : 2012-01-17

Back to top Go down

Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:03 am

Pedram wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Pedram wrote:Bayern can't win a one horse league while Real is topping their league.

A single match away from home doesn't change the fact. there are many factor that should be considered.

That means you are more consistent, Bayern have proved more in Europe's top competition......

You have not beaten a top team in Europe since Zidane was in his prime, league means f*ck all in the discussion you dont prove your the best by beating Sporting Gijon.

LOL @ Bundesliga a one horse league, its arguably the most competitive leagues in europe.

So consistency doesn't mean f*ck all ? just because Bayern beat us in their home with a late goal proves that they are better than us ? oh please.

I never said they are better, my argument was that Madrid are not miles ahead everyone else ( Barca apart) like alot of people seem to think.

They have done nothing to prove they are second best in the world.

How can you be second best in the world, while not beating a single elite team in CL knockouts in around a decade?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68989
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca?

Post by Le Samourai Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:04 am

Meh, I'd say Barca is elite lol
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 11545
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:05 am

Le Samourai wrote:Meh, I'd say Barca is elite lol

Have you beaten them in CL knockouts recently? or in 90 mins in general Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68989
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca?

Post by Pedram Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:06 am

Gomez83 wrote:
Pedram wrote:
Gomez83 wrote:
Pedram wrote:Bayern can't win a one horse league while Real is topping their league.

A single match away from home doesn't change the fact. there are many factor that should be considered.
Your team Madrid has yet to beat a top 2 European team since Mourinho took over. Which has been 2 seasons.
EXCEPT for that one Barcelona game in the final of kings cup but playing against a team 5 times one season of course your bound to win 1 of them.

You do realize that the game wasn't on a neutral venue and that Bayern won with a late goal ?

A game doesn't prove that who's the better team, compare their season and you'll know who's the better side.
You are talking about how this one match doesn't change the facts, the fact is, Madrid has not played against a top 2 team in the longest time so they surely cannot be considered top 2, Hell I rate Milan better than Madrid.

If you really rate Milan better than us then discussion ends here.

Ironically the same Madrid that haven't beaten a great team in years pwned Milan in both legs last year.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7242
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca?

Post by Pedram Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:13 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Pedram wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Pedram wrote:Bayern can't win a one horse league while Real is topping their league.

A single match away from home doesn't change the fact. there are many factor that should be considered.

That means you are more consistent, Bayern have proved more in Europe's top competition......

You have not beaten a top team in Europe since Zidane was in his prime, league means f*ck all in the discussion you dont prove your the best by beating Sporting Gijon.

LOL @ Bundesliga a one horse league, its arguably the most competitive leagues in europe.

So consistency doesn't mean f*ck all ? just because Bayern beat us in their home with a late goal proves that they are better than us ? oh please.

I never said they are better, my argument was that Madrid are not miles ahead everyone else ( Barca apart) like alot of people seem to think.

They have done nothing to prove they are second best in the world.

How can you be second best in the world, while not beating a single elite team in CL knockouts in around a decade?

No one says Madrid are miles ahead of everyone else apart from Barcelona, that is just not true and if you've ever hear this from a Madrid fan you better not to take it seriously.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7242
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca?

Post by The Messiah Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:15 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I have been noticing a trend recently that Madrid are supposedly better than the other big clubs in Europe other than Barca and comfortably?

Why is this? it certainly is'nt something they have proven as they have not beaten a big team in knock out stages of europe in over a decade......

Is it based on the individual quality they have? if this is the reason then its very naive as ability never has been and never will be enough to win things.

Is it because they feast on La Liga scrubs? again not a reason that proves they are better than the likes of Bayern, even City have been feasting on PL scrubs for majority of the season, Juventus has been unbeaten in Serie A all season but they are not the reckoning and quite rightly too as they have done nothing in Europe for years.

One Semi-final in god knows how long doesnt make you the 2nd best in the world, just like one year of flopping for Man Utd after 3 finals in 4 seasons doesnt make them scrubs.

Discuss.


Similar thoughts...

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 6153
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:21 am

Oh really? why is it neutral fans were saying Madrid would "batter" Bayern in the lead up to tonights game.... dont believe me look at the thread....

And after the game despite Bayern winning and deserving to do so imo, peoples response were Madrid would win comfortably in the Bernabeu.

I was genuinely shocked by this because i felt it was two evenly matched teams where it could go either way and i still think that.

And quite frankly Madrid have proven nothing in europe over the last decade to prove that they could do all those things.

I get the feeling people are obsessed with the fact Madrid pummel La Liga scrubs and look at their individual quality and ignore the fact they have proven very little in the knock out stages of CL.

As i already said football is not played on paper, if it was Bayern would dominate Bundesliga every year, City would stroll to the PL title, Chelsea might aswell not turn up tomorrow etc etc.....

That's the beauty of it, Madrid are a top team but they have not proven to be level above these teams yet for me.

Anyway, i have said my piece iam going to leave it for tonight lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68989
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca?

Post by leemhuis Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:43 am

Pedram wrote:
Gomez83 wrote:
Pedram wrote:
Gomez83 wrote:
Pedram wrote:Bayern can't win a one horse league while Real is topping their league.

A single match away from home doesn't change the fact. there are many factor that should be considered.
Your team Madrid has yet to beat a top 2 European team since Mourinho took over. Which has been 2 seasons.
EXCEPT for that one Barcelona game in the final of kings cup but playing against a team 5 times one season of course your bound to win 1 of them.

You do realize that the game wasn't on a neutral venue and that Bayern won with a late goal ?

A game doesn't prove that who's the better team, compare their season and you'll know who's the better side.
You are talking about how this one match doesn't change the facts, the fact is, Madrid has not played against a top 2 team in the longest time so they surely cannot be considered top 2, Hell I rate Milan better than Madrid.

If you really rate Milan better than us then discussion ends here.

Ironically the same Madrid that haven't beaten a great team in years pwned Milan in both legs last year.

We drew against Madrid in the first leg in 2011.

Milan did well against Barca this year and we faced them in the last game without Thiago Silva, Abate, Pato injured. And it was a very bad penalty call that broke game open. Yes, we are better than Bayern, and so are Chelsea.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 923
Join date : 2011-09-07

Back to top Go down

Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca?

Post by Sushi Master Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:47 am

Mole :bow:

Most Bayern fans share this opinion, and most Bundesliga watchers or guys who watch Bayern will know that Bayern is a great team. It's why I find that bullshit Barca---- Madrid----------rest statements people make around here hilarious. I don't even try to refute because that's a statement made from illusion, and there's no way you're curing a madman.

Madrid an awesome club, yes, but they are still in a level similar to some other great teams. Winning La Liga this year does not change that, especially if Bayern knock you out.

I think it all stems from Barca-based trauma. Since pretty much anyone nowadays can conceed that Barca are on another level and that they're the best team in the world by far, and Madrid are their constant rivals to the league, Europe and world fame, somehow by association they deserve to be put around the same level.

Success by osmosis? :vagi:
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 9392
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca?

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:59 am

Sounds a bit like

"This guy got famous from basically piggy-backing off my name. When you mention Floyd Mayweather's name, you mention an all-time great in the sport of boxing. When you mention Pacquiao, you say, 'that's the guy who is trying to fight Floyd Mayweather.'"

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are Madrid supposedly better than everyone besides Barca?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum