Internal
Milantildeath
102 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Italian National Team Thread - Page 34 Empty Re: Italian National Team Thread

Post by M99 Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:21 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
M99 wrote:It must be terrible for him. Missing two World Cups in a row when you deserved to be on the team...

You know what was worse than that. A world class player in supreme physical fitness loved by the entire football world was not taken to two consecutive world cups. I of course mean Argentina's Javier Zanetti in WC 2006 and WC 2010. In spite of that he is the country's record appearance holder. It is one of most hurtful blasphemies in terms of national team selection in the last several years.

Agreed. Then there is the case of Deisler who missed two World Cups in a row due to injury. Poor guy went into depression because of that.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:23 pm

M99 wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:
M99 wrote:It must be terrible for him. Missing two World Cups in a row when you deserved to be on the team...

You know what was worse than that. A world class player in supreme physical fitness loved by the entire football world was not taken to two consecutive world cups. I of course mean Argentina's Javier Zanetti in WC 2006 and WC 2010. In spite of that he is the country's record appearance holder. It is one of most hurtful blasphemies in terms of national team selection in the last several years.

Agreed. Then there is the case of Deisler who missed two World Cups in a row due to injury. Poor guy went into depression because of that.

Yes I remember that now. It is very sad. Still when players miss due to injuries they can only blame fate which we are powerless against but when they miss out due to such unfairness then I think it's that much worse.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:49 pm

Prandelli has always said he's bringing players who are 100% fit as well as 'athletes' due to the conditions they're gonna play in.

He wasn't impressed with Rossi's recovery, so he didn't call him up. Rossi would be first choice if he wasn't injured for 6 months.

Anyways, Insigne always does well when he plays for Italy. I don't expect him to start, but he's a fine option to have on the bench.

Though, I really do hate it when a player works so hard to get back from injury, only not to get called up.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:02 pm

*bleep* you Prandelli. You piece of shit *bleep*, garbage *bleep* twat. Mad

I can't believe Rossi is getting snubbed again.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:03 pm

Apparently Rossi was omitted because after the friendly Prandelli wasn't satisfied with his condition AFTER the match.

I too, am more amazed by Cerci's inclusion over Destro... but I feel so bad for Rossi.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:06 pm

Cerci's inclusion is fine. Why is Parolo included? He won't even see the pitch ffs.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:08 pm

McAgger wrote:Cerci's inclusion is fine. Why is Parolo included? He won't even see the pitch ffs.

Well it's not like Parolo got ahead at the expense of anyone else . I'd rather see Parolo over Aquilani
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:12 pm

Well what I'm saying is he won't even get to play. Might as well include someone useful that could come off the bench and change the game.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:14 pm

yeah Cerci is an enigma to high level. We are talking about a player of 27 years who proved his worth just under Ventura but he scared shitless even in decisive match for 6th place trophy against Fiorentina.
The matter of physical conditions is not valid for Paletta but it is valid for Rossi , and it is nonsense. Then he called Ranocchia as 24th ready for a potential forfait of Paletta before of Italy-England when all will be definitive ( you can call just a reserve who can replacing your player to 24 hours from 1st match. ) . Instead of this he could call up Insigne as 24th and Rossi as " 23th" , and probably these 2 weeks would have been resolutive.
Hell, we are talking about your best player in attack, Rossi , not about a reserve as Paletta ! . He deserved this treatment !
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:15 pm

McAgger wrote:Well what I'm saying is he won't even get to play. Might as well include someone useful that could come off the bench and change the game.

Oh absolutely definitely. Yeah he's kind of "just another player", he doesn't really add anything extra special. Would only be useful as a very late sub to have extra energy to hold a win or if injuries come in.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:17 pm

Robespierre wrote:yeah Cerci is an enigma to high level. We are talking about a player of 27 years who proved his worth just under Ventura but he scared shitless even in decisive match for 6th place trophy against Fiorentina.
The matter of physical conditions is not valid for Paletta but it is valid for Rossi , and it is nonsense. Then he called Ranocchia as 24th ready for a potential forfait of Paletta before of Italy-England when all will be definitive ( you can call just a reserve who can replacing your player to 24 hours from 1st match. ) . Instead of this he could call up Insigne as 24th and Rossi as " 23th" , and probably these 2 weeks would have been resolutive.
Hell, we are talking about your best player in attack, Rossi , not about a reserve as Paletta ! . He deserved this treatment !

You raise very good points. However, we need 4 CBs.... so he'd have to take Ranocchia over Paletta to not risk a Paletta injury and then do what you said.
Obviously he really doesn't trust Ranocchia.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:30 pm

zarola wrote:
Robespierre wrote:yeah Cerci is an enigma to high level. We are talking about a player of 27 years who proved his worth just under Ventura but he scared shitless even in decisive match for 6th place trophy against Fiorentina.

You raise very good points. However, we need 4 CBs.... so he'd have to take Ranocchia over Paletta to not risk a Paletta injury and then do what you said.
Obviously he really doesn't trust Ranocchia.

yeah insamuch as you can call just a "24" and you aren't confident also about the conditions of Paletta, you call directly Ranocchia... anyhow there is not this difference between 2 and we talk about a simply reserve. Ranocchia played a final of season very good, while Paletta is decreased in last period. so as to do Insigne as 24th and Rossi as 23th.
But Prandelli doesn't like Ranocchia, he preferred also Astori last year and now he found the Argentinian-Italian Paletta who is preferred even if he is not in great conditions
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:37 pm

Let's be honest, if Paletta plays for Italy considering your depth of riches in the CB area that would be a major fail for Prandelli.

Also, I can see why a lot of people are upset about Rossi, but Prandelli is the one closest to the situation and has a team of physios available to assess his condition. Like I said before, it's obvious that Prandelli would prefer to take him, not his fault that Rossi has barely seen a ball since December.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:10 am

Arquitescu wrote:or in contention considering he is a automatic starter.

And WTF is with the Roma ostracism? Neal? Flameass?

Not even mad anymore about any of the exclusions, brah.

Just gives us a better chance of having a fully fit Destro, Florenzi and Totti for the start of the season.

This could honestly end up playing in Roma's favor. I choose to see this as Prandelli's support for our scudetto push :coffee:
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:47 am

Apparently, it's all about fitness issue with Rossi, he only could last 30-35 minutes in sauna test to replicate Brazil weather. But even with that, I'm ok bringing him as impact sub.

Prandelli couldn't bring one of his love child, Monto, his other stepped in Aquilani. What's the point of Aquilani, Parolo & Marischio. I'm ok with Insigne, he will be eingine on the left where no one could play. Also Cerci lol, if Italy relies on him, the team is doomed from the get go, dude is mental midget.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Xifio Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:11 am

cannot express how delighted I am that Verratti aced his audition, and that Fantantonio Cassano is going to a World Cup!!!  cheers  cheers  cheers 

Casciavit wrote:Prandelli has always said he's bringing players who are 100% fit as well as 'athletes' due to the conditions they're gonna play in.

He wasn't impressed with Rossi's recovery, so he didn't call him up. Rossi would be first choice if he wasn't injured for 6 months.

Anyways, Insigne always does well when he plays for Italy. I don't expect him to start, but he's a fine option to have on the bench..
this sums up everything I feel about the Pepito situation ... the decision was never going to be a technical one; the choice was purely down to fitness and recovery ... it didn't happen, it's sad, but it's not injustice ...

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Looks like it's 100% decided that Cassano - Balo is the go to partnership
 banana
Xifio
Xifio
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:50 am

Goalkeepers: Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Mattia Perin (Genoa), Salvatore Sirigu (Paris Saint-Germain)

Defenders: Ignazio Abate (Milan), Andrea Barzagli (Juventus), Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Matteo Darmian (Torino), Mattia De Sciglio (Milan), Gabriel Paletta (Parma)

Midfielders: Alberto Aquilani (Fiorentina), Antonio Candreva (Lazio), Daniele De Rossi (Roma), Claudio Marchisio (Juventus), Marco Parolo (Parma), Andrea Pirlo (Juventus), Thiago Motta (Paris Saint-Germain), Marco Verratti (Paris Saint-Germain)

Forwards: Mario Balotelli (Milan), Antonio Cassano (Parma), Alessio Cerci (Torino), Ciro Immobile (Torino), Lorenzo Insigne (Napoli)

Reserve: Andrea Ranocchia (Inter)

~~~

Surely Rossi should've been included at the expense of Parolo, or even Aquilani. Insigne has always been quality for the NT and I'm not too surprised that he's been included.

For Milan, we only have Abate, De Sciglio and Balotelli representing us. Unlike in 2006, where the midfield was packed with Milan players, we have no midfielders representing us this time - granted, Montolivo surely would've made the cut ahead of Parolo and Aquilani if he was not injured. All 3 fullbacks are Milan youth products.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:08 pm

Ranocchia to be new Materazzi 2006 Proud :bow:

jokes aside, for me it's nonosense also not call up Florenzi.
Florenzi is a "mezz ala" capable to play in many roles and for me he is better than Aquilani or Parolo
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:45 pm

Aquillani makes the 23 man squad but Florenzi can't even make the 30 man squad :facepalm:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:36 pm

Aquilani is a joke man.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:47 pm

Rossi's Twitter:

Everyone says I'm not in shape: I dare them to ask anyone for the test results and those of the match. You'll be surprised.

Getting tackle on? Scared? Makes me laugh. My decision making is faster than the defenders...

...next time, like an amateur, I'll wait for my opponents to get tackled on. Just some things I wanted to clear up.

https://twitter.com/GiuseppeRossi22
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:56 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Rossi's Twitter:

Everyone says I'm not in shape: I dare them to ask anyone for the test results and those of the match. You'll be surprised.

Getting tackle on? Scared? Makes me laugh. My decision making is faster than the defenders...

...next time, like an amateur, I'll wait for my opponents to get tackled on. Just some things I wanted to clear up.

https://twitter.com/GiuseppeRossi22

Sad 
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:35 pm

Good on him

I *bleep* knew he looked perfectly fine against ROI.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:04 pm

Such a pity. Prandelli is such a huge moron.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:14 pm

So something happened Laughing
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:29 pm

William Hill has given Italy winning odds of 25/1 and to Belgium they have given 16/1. It's a pity that the world will never learn to respect the four time world champions.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next