paperbackwriter
kiranr
rwo power
billy_gr
guest7
52 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Barça present complaint about condition of Giuseppe Meazza pitch Empty Barça present complaint about condition of Giuseppe Meazza pitch

Post by guest7 Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:30 pm

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/barca-present-complaint-about-condition-of-giuseppe-meazza-pitch

FC Barcelona has presented an official complaint to UEFA about the condition of the pitch at the Giuseppe Meazza for the Champions League match against AC Milan. They passed the matter over to UEFA delegate Mikalai Varabyov (Bulgaria) at the post-match meeting. Varabyov has included the complaint in his report and UEFA will demand an explanation from the Italian club.

In his press conference after the game, which ended 0-0, Pep Guardiola also spoke about the playing surface. He said that “in the end we adapt to everything, we come and we play, but it’s clear that this was a problem for the spectacle”.

:lol!:
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Barça present complaint about condition of Giuseppe Meazza pitch Empty Re: Barça present complaint about condition of Giuseppe Meazza pitch

Post by billy_gr Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:33 pm

We’re already discussing it in other threads but yeah Barca need to stop all this whinning
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Barça present complaint about condition of Giuseppe Meazza pitch Empty Re: Barça present complaint about condition of Giuseppe Meazza pitch

Post by rwo power Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:34 pm

billy_gr wrote:We’re already discussing it in other threads but yeah Barca need to stop all this whinning
I wouldn't mind if they'd stop all the winning, too Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:35 pm

There’s a good chance this will occur too Sad
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:41 pm

What exactly was the problem? My super smooth stream could not really capture the nature of the pitch.

I read that the pitch was supposed to be watered, but it wasn't. Then i read some other comments that players were slipping all over the place.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:49 pm

:vagi: Messi: "It was a hard game because of the pitch"

Puyol, the true H&R:

Puyol also said the San Siro pitch is another factor to consider: “The pitch appeared to be in good condition but it was slippery during training and during the game. These things happen.”
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:52 pm

The last two teams who have played on that pitch in the CL have both been outraged at the condition of it.

You can vilify Barca if you want or maybe just maybe there is something to what Arsenal and Barca are saying.

BTW, if Arsenal or Barca don't lodge formal complaints nothing will ever be done to fix the field.

I am old enough to remember when the Eagles played at "The Vet" and people used to say the same things you see on here. "Teams" need to stop crying about the field", "there just sore losers" etc etc.

Unitl Wendell Davis tore both his knees on the turf during a routine play and Michael Irvin suffered a spinal cord injury due to the surface of the field and neither player ever played again. There were numerous other injuries.

After Michael Irvin's injury players refused to sign with Philly and some teams refused to play there and the fans stopped saying "stop crying about the field" "there just sore losers" and demanding they fix the field which they did exactly one year after Irvin's injury.

The old saying applies here, "If we don't learn from history were bound to repeat it."

Maybe a world class player (could even be a Milan player) needs to ruin there career before some of you will pay attention to the fact that the last two teams who have played there are saying the field isn't fit to play on and there just stating a fact not making an excuse.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:59 pm

About time home-field advantage had some meaning and not only the away goals ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:13 pm

Meh. Much ado about nothing.

Its Milan's pitch, they can do with it what they like aslong they dont break any rules.

Untill the people in charge of the rules create some to stop this kind of thing, then basically you have to suck it up and get on with it. Moaning about it is a waste of time.

I love how people try and say Barca are saying "thats the reason we didnt win" because they clearly are not.

If they want something done, they should complain about it, though I personally think its a waste of time.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:17 pm

Am I the only one sensing a "hypocritical" act from Barca here, they are complain that the pitch wasn't watered then they complain about the quality of the pitch? hmm
To any Barca fan out there:
Why would Barca want the pitch watered?
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:19 pm

cause they are ecologists
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:21 pm

billy_gr wrote:cause they are ecologists
makes sense now.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:21 pm

So the ball rolls better/quicker and therefore passes get to their targets quicker and therefore defenders have less time to close down spaces?

You played football before right?

The better the pitch, the easier it is to pass, dribble etc
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:24 pm

The Franchise wrote:So the ball rolls better/quicker and therefore passes get to their targets quicker and therefore defenders have less time to close down spaces?

You played football before right?

The better the pitch, the easier it is to pass, dribble etc
so they basically wanted more comfortable circumstances for their playing style, and has nothing to do with the quality of the pitch?

Then why blame the HOME team for looking for favorable conditions for their playing style, IF they intentionally did it?

I am sure you have played football before as well and know not all teams like passing the ball endlessly?
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:26 pm

Pep: "when i looked at the pitch i knew it had ill intentions"
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:27 pm

No, they wanted "normal" playing circumstances lol

If you read my post, you would already see my opinion and you wouldnt need to waste time posting pointless questions.

You asked a question and it got answered.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:29 pm

The Franchise wrote:No, they wanted "normal" playing circumstances lol

If you read my post, you would already see my opinion and you wouldnt need to waste time posting pointless questions.

You asked a question and it got answered.
ok
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:00 am

This is so stupid, AC Milan didn't want Barcelona to play on a quick surface so as the home team they used the pitch to their advantage like against Arsenal. At Camp Nou Barcelona will get to play on their optimal surface.

The point of two legs is for each team to use the home advantage.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:02 am

How can they make the pitch less slippery?
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:04 am

I really try to not hate Barcelona but it's so difficult when they do shit like this. Most hypocritical team in the world. The so called 'best' team in the world should not be complaining about the pitch or the ref. They shouldn't need to dive and act like little police officers on the field asking refs for yellow cards. It's really pathetic. Sorry, but it's getting ridiculous.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by bvb_11 Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:05 am

The pitch wasn't even that bad to create such a mess of it, Barcelona still haven't played in a terrible pitch. They should visit Augsburg if you ask me.
bvb_11
bvb_11
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:10 am

so pathetic. they're supposed to be men. not crying, whining divas. it was just plain embarrassing to see dani alves go into a womens rage every time he slipped or lost control of the ball
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:14 am

A real Dortmund fan, this forum just keeps expanding nicely. The pitch didn't look bad but always remember we didn't play on it, Xavi and his rat pack did. So if they said it wasn't good, they may have more ground to stand on than us.

The problem is that this isn't AC Milan's fault. San Siro isn't owned by either Inter or AC so the blame (if there is any to be given) would go to the current owners (Milan Municipality I think). And complaining about a so called bad pitch wouldn't really change the result nor would UEFA really take it serious as they approved of the pitch anyway...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:18 am

Can someone please answer my question?

What was the problem with the pitch? Slippery and no water dont seem to go together.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:29 am

I really try to like milan but I dont like liers(hence why I dont like alves and busquets even though they are/close world class)dont understand why Milan agreed to water the pitch in the meeting before the game. If they would have just said no from the begging none of the BS would have happend...

Edit: and you RM/inter fans who are crying about Barca do know that mourinho slammed Moscow because of the artificial pitch. So why are you calling barca crybabies and not mourinho?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next