Manchester City submit formal complaint to Uefa over racist abuse

+3
animal.crackers
Art Morte
BarrileteCosmico
7 posters

Go down

Manchester City submit formal complaint to Uefa over racist abuse Empty Manchester City submit formal complaint to Uefa over racist abuse

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:37 pm

The Ivory Coast midfielder complained of offensive chanting during the 2-1 win at the Arena Khimki, while manager Manuel Pellegrini demanded action be taken against the Russian club.

Uefa have confirmed an investigation has been opened into the allegations, which have so far been denied by CSKA.

A statement on the club’s official website read: "Manchester City FC can confirm that it has today issued a written formal complaint to Uefa regarding the events of last night’s game against CSKA Moscow.

"It follows the complaint which was raised to the UEFA delegate immediately after the conclusion of the game.

"It is noted that Uefa have opened proceedings into the matter and we await the findings in due course."

http://www.widgetserver.com/syndication/l/?instId=c8dbc575-2487-4b72-8c4a-1493a7ebda1d&token=be6243f1589ecdcd78527f2eafece621c87063e600000141e9d391d4&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.goal.com%2Fen%2Fnews%2F1716%2Fchampions-league%2F2013%2F10%2F24%2F4357286%2Fmanchester-city-submit-formal-complaint-to-uefa-over-racist
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Manchester City submit formal complaint to Uefa over racist abuse Empty Re: Manchester City submit formal complaint to Uefa over racist abuse

Post by Art Morte Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:47 pm

Yet another thread / piece of news about racism...

Yeah, it's good if they act somehow on it, but it's not like it's going completely away anytime soon.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Manchester City submit formal complaint to Uefa over racist abuse Empty Re: Manchester City submit formal complaint to Uefa over racist abuse

Post by animal.crackers Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:12 pm

What's crazy is that CSKA Moscow fabricated Doumbia quotes to try to get out the situation:
"I've heard nothing of this from our fans. Yes, they are noisy and try to put maximum pressure on the opponent, but they make no racist chants. So my fellow Cote d'Ivoire international has obviously overreacted a little bit."

Today, Doumbia has said this:

Doumbia's official fan page on Facebook (link here - https://www.facebook.com/seydou.doumbia.official.fanpage) now contains the following statement:

Dear Friends and Fans,

Following our 1-2 defeat to Manchester City in the Champions League on Wednesday, I want to clarify my position after my Ivory Coast team mate and friend Yaya Toure accused CSKA fans of racism.

I want to insist that I did not talk to any journalist about these facts so none of the quotes you read in the press came from me.

Thanks to all for your continued and faithful support.
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:25 pm

Russia reminds me of England in the 70s.

They really need some education on what can be said and what can't be said because it really feels at times that they think what they do is ok.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:26 pm

I think they will be banned.

Fabricating these quotes were a step too far.
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:27 pm

In mother Russia quotes fabricate you
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:38 pm

Ban them from Europe for a season, and every time it happens thereafter.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:29 pm

All these banners and campaigns for racism don't really do much. FIFA and UEFA need to be more strict and practical.

They need people in every country (not just major countries) warning people about racism and the consequences if it occurs.

The punishment should be something severe. Like 5 years in jail for anything racist. Would people then be racist? Highly doubt it.

Also at matches alongside instant replay for the footballing decisions, there should be clear cameras that watch the crowd. There should also be separate officials/people that watch over the crowd.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down