izzy
LeVersacci
Adit
Rebaño Sagrado
Potential
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Madrid and Barcelona are not without weaknesses - Page 2 Empty Re: Madrid and Barcelona are not without weaknesses

Post by Lord Hades Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:30 pm

i think its more down to concentration. you see the frequent lapses in con when defending set pieces- we should be really good in them thanks to our height advantage

goals in the latter stages of the match , frequently failing to pick up incoming players...

Last edited by Lord Hades on Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Madrid and Barcelona are not without weaknesses - Page 2 Empty Re: Madrid and Barcelona are not without weaknesses

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:30 pm

izzy wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I think I speak on behalf of the entire forum when I say, thank you for such a thought provoking and analytical thread. You have shown us all the light and firmly put us on our place.

Your a credit to the human race.

I think this thread has great potential. Granted the OP was meh, it does leave the floor open for a tactical debate.

I get ya, but this is a really silly way to go about it. This had rightback section/lock written all over it im afriad.

I dont see fans of either side claiming invincability here.

Sure, we can discuss the flaws of both teams but I am not really sure many can do it fairly, certaintly not the OP anyway.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:35 pm

izzy wrote:Madrid's weaknesses IMO stem from two postitions: The Midfield and the fullbacks.

The Fullbacks: Arbeloa is the current fullback and it's very obvious he is a defensive one. He does his job very solidly and rarely gets forward to support the attack which can make Madrid dependent on width to arrive from the left side. This is where Marcelo comes in. Loves to get forward, contributes heavely to the attacking side of the Madrid game but does leave spaces. A LOT OF SPACES. It's fair to say that if he comes up against a winger with pace, expect him to be given a very tough time.

The Midfield: Where to start? Let's link it with the fullback problem. Countless times that Marcelo gets forward, i've seen Xabi drop in-between Ramos and Pepe leaving the midfield so open it's unreal. Xabi's lack of pace ain't helping anyone and the fact that if you pressure him enough he can't really get into his rhythm which makes the whole Real team not operate as fluid as they can. Stopping Xabi from playing can massively hinder Madrid from playing their usual game and this is why I think Mou has asked Ozil to drop deeper at times to help Xabi with the midfield workload and make us less predictable in the center of the pitch.

Well, that's all i'm writing. Stop Xabi, expose the fullback unbalance and hopefully you'll get something from Madrid.

My two cents.

Thing is to stop Xabi who is playing deep you'll have to push up.

If Madrid push up as well then it becomes a your attack vs my attack thing. That sort of strategy gives Madrid a chance knocking you out.

Barcelona get away with it because they can dominate possession but even they struggle when we press them hard.

No, I think a team that can defend very well will give Madrid more problems. Milan or Bayern if they play more conservatively have a better shot.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:37 pm

Agree with izzy.Our fullbakcs and CMs are weak defensively.Arbeloa has slowed down,he was supposed to be our defensive FB.Xabi was never been a good 'defender' and khedira alone cant do anything.

Couple it with our all out attacking style and Marcelo going forward,i think i should start giving our CBs far more credit lol.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:51 pm

IMO RM weakness is the lack of a box to box FB, and Barcas weakness is their box to box FB, is tooooo much of a box to box full back.
There you go. :coffee:
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2