The Franchise
49 posters

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Dani Alves : Right Boss - Page 10 Empty Re: Dani Alves : Right Boss

Post by The Franchise Sun May 24, 2015 9:34 pm

Fußball wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Fußball wrote: However, personally, I have a hard time believing Bartomeu is money-pinching in his situation right now.

Yeah me too, cant believe it. Same guys never agreed to keep Abidal around after all and stuck to their word on that one.

That's actually exactly why I believe he isn't bullshitting right now. He already has a bad reputation because of things like the Abidal situation. He also wants to win elections. So I don't believe he is bullshitting right now. Alves on the other hand has always been about money. His negotiation tactics 4 years ago weren't any different.

What I want is for the club to value me depending on my importance and influence within the squad. If they do that, I'll be over the moon and if not, thanks for these years at the club.

- Alves 2011

"Value me" = "pay me".

Does it really give a bad reputation to him? When even you call Alves greedy for trying to get more money...you wont hold it against him and I assume your not alone in that opinion.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon May 25, 2015 7:39 am

I'm not calling Alves greedy. If he can make more cash elsewhere after winning everything with Barca that's his prerogative. Personally I certainly don't agree with someone who, bonuses and endorsements included, has averaged about € 10M per year income for about a decade and still fights tooth and nails to squeeze out a couple more millions. But I'm also not a multi millionaire so what do I know how these people roll.

The club however is not obliged to cave in to a 32 year old player's demands at all costs. Irrespective of other bad management decisions like wasting money on Douglas. One bad decision doesn't justify another.

I don't blame Alves if he leaves. I also don't blame the club. Just normal business procedure.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon May 25, 2015 8:24 am

I hope he doesn't do anything stupid tomorrow.

If he attacks the Club or disrupts the harmony of the team, 10 days before a CL final, I will never forgive him.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon May 25, 2015 11:57 am

Fußball wrote:I'm not calling Alves greedy. If he can make more cash elsewhere after winning everything with Barca that's his prerogative. Personally I certainly don't agree with someone who, bonuses and endorsements included, has averaged about € 10M per year income for about a decade and still fights tooth and nails to squeeze out a couple more millions. But I'm also not a multi millionaire so what do I know how these people roll.

The club however is not obliged to cave in to a 32 year old player's demands at all costs. Irrespective of other bad management decisions like wasting money on Douglas. One bad decision doesn't justify another.

I don't blame Alves if he leaves. I also don't blame the club. Just normal business procedure.

OK, but that is still what I mean. You wont blame the club if he leaves, so I have no reason to trust the word of Bart. He can say what he likes, he wont be blamed if Alves leaved, regardless of what is left behind.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon May 25, 2015 12:19 pm

He's giving a press conference now. Thought it was tomorrow. confused

Alves: "Will I stay next season? Don't know. Now I only think about the two finals. After that, I will announce my decision."

Alves: "Already made my decision? No, not yet. I'm considering some options. After the CL final, I will decide and announce it."

Alves: "I didn't want to talk, but many lies have been spread. They said I only think about money, but it's not like that."

Alves: "Club have valued me enough? No, I don't feel they've valued me enough. And if you feel like that, you have to make a decision."

Alves (refuses to answer question from Madrid propaganda paper): "Feel sorry for you (journalist), but not answering questions from Marca." rofl Laughing Proud

Alves: "I still want to stay here, but not an any price. And I'm not talking about money but about respect."

Alves: "Club at the start didn't want me to continue, they only want it in last 3-4 months, they say my performances have improved."

Alves: "Staying or not, Barça will always be in my heart, because these have been the best years in my life."

Alves: "When watching Cuatro (Madrid propaganda tv), I feel ashamed in their place. We won Liga and they still talked about Madrid's CL win" Laughing

Last edited by Fußball on Mon May 25, 2015 12:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 25, 2015 12:25 pm

why do players give press conferences, especially if they have nothing to say hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon May 25, 2015 12:27 pm

Well, I'm happy he didn't cause any fire, although I don't understand this press conference to be honest. Barely said anything. It was only to put pressure onto the club to get a better contract.

He said he "wanted to talk because he was being disrespected", but no one has disrespected. There has not been any attack from the Club or the press to him, and the Club is free to make as many renewal proposals as he is to decline and make counteroffers.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon May 25, 2015 12:29 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:why do players give press conferences, especially if they have nothing to say hmm

Drama queens. hmm

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon May 25, 2015 12:37 pm

free_cat wrote:Well, I'm happy he didn't cause any fire, although I don't understand this press conference to be honest. Barely said anything. It was only to put pressure onto the club to get a better contract.

He said he "wanted to talk because he was being disrespected", but no one has disrespected. There has not been any attack from the Club or the press to him, and the Club is free to make as many renewal proposals as he is to decline and make counteroffers.

What I take from this is that he will renew but wants to take the opportunity to diss the board before elections. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Mon May 25, 2015 12:52 pm

well, clearly he wanted to reply to all the rumours and everything in the news recently regarding his departure. It looks useless since he din say anything about his future but it was important for him to reply the propaganada. in addition, its a way to put a great pressure on the board. if he leaves now, people will blame the board.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Mon May 25, 2015 12:54 pm

free_cat wrote:Well, I'm happy he didn't cause any fire, although I don't understand this press conference to be honest. Barely said anything. It was only to put pressure onto the club to get a better contract.

i doubt it....how can a guy be fully focused when he says he is considering other options and will announce right after Cl. also saying that the club did not respect him, does not reflect a great relationship between him and club at the moment.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon May 25, 2015 1:38 pm

He will stay, lol. He is just trolling Barto.

Alves: "PSG is an option? No, they are not."

Alves: "I will make a decision after the CL final. I won't wait until the presidential elections, although a candidate talked with me."

Alves: "At this moment, staying is ruled out? At this moment, yes. We'll see later what happens. I'm out with one and a half foot now."

Alves: "The president knows what he has to do for me to stay. We'll see if he does it."

Alves: "The coach lets me play because I work very hard, not because I'm the most handsome one - although I am... (laughs)"

rofl One thing's for sure, he's an absolute legend. Laughing No matter how much I hated some of his mindless crossing in the past 2 seasons.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu Mon May 25, 2015 4:19 pm

Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu Mon May 25, 2015 4:29 pm

Laughing
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon May 25, 2015 4:44 pm

Maybe he's trying to get the current board bad press before the elections? Btw, shouldn't the new candidates be already campaigning by now? Haven't heard much of Laporta or from the others
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon May 25, 2015 10:39 pm

"I don't answer questions from MARCA, they're trash. No offence to you personally", Alves said.

Laughing
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Tue May 26, 2015 2:45 am

I think, Marca has changed a lot recently, no?? i read their english version and they provide a lot of information about Barcelona wihtout propaganda and at times bashing Madrid. I wonder its just the english ver. where they try to be gentle.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 26, 2015 3:37 am

The english version cuts out a lof ot he sensationalism and opinion. They use a more "english" style where they just provide the quotes and some context, as opposed to try to make them meet some narrative.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed May 27, 2015 8:23 am

Agreed @ all the above posts! Ffs I love this guy, what a legend! Very Happy

http://www.espnfc.com/club/barcelona/83/blog/post/2467223/dani-alves-worth-his-weight-in-gold

"A attacknig winger, a midfield runner, a player maker, a defender, all rolled into one" - where do u find someone like that? Dont tell me Marcelo, hes a joke at defending where Alves is very good at and underrated. Alaba maybe, but Alves is just one of a kind.

IF both he and Xavi goes, no doubt next season our level will drop significantly.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun May 31, 2015 11:01 am

We should really renew him, he's playing as good as ever, and nothing suggests he could get a lot worse in a hurry. I think he's also liking to play with Neymar on the team which is further guarantee for caring more. And now that he's off from Brazil NT-team he's getting more rest.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun May 31, 2015 8:31 pm

Imagine not renewing this guy. Jesus.

Another big game performance, a crucial factor in two goals. Aslong as he cuts that horrible thing off his head, I dont know how we cant keep him. He is performing remarkably...I dont know how anyone could say differently.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun May 31, 2015 8:41 pm

True, in 2015 he's been the best RB in the world by some margin. Created goals against Real Madrid, Bayern and in yet another Cup final. The Rakitic-Alves-Messi dynamic on the right is devastating.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun May 31, 2015 8:45 pm

From what he's saying, it sounds like he already made up his mind to leave and might just be using us as leverage to get more money from other clubs.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun May 31, 2015 8:54 pm

I still dont think he wants to leave. I think he sees himself personally responsibile for helping Neymar and while he doesnt need it anymore, he will always be "with him" in that way. I think he has been with us a long time and doesnt want to leave, I think above all he loves the players he plays with and I think they like him also. But he is a little child like, you se his joy and enthusiasm when we celebrate things..the flip side though is he wants to be paid how he sees himself performing and he takes it very personally when he isnt respected (seemed to when he was getting alot of criticism the last years).
Anyway, I still think he can be convinced but we need to stop trying to act almighty and accept the reality that we will pay someone for 3 years when we may only need 1. I cant be convinced it isnt worth it when you see how he plays and more importantly, the other options we have. Rightback is a defensive position we shouldnt forget, but the guy is still in advanced years finding a way to contribute to goals.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun May 31, 2015 9:43 pm

Laurent Blanc: "Dani Alves will not be joining PSG. That is the truth." (BeIN)

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun May 31, 2015 10:00 pm

Fußball wrote:True, in 2015 he's been the best RB in the world by some margin. Created goals against Real Madrid, Bayern and in yet another Cup final. The Rakitic-Alves-Messi dynamic on the right is devastating.

http://www.goallegacy.net/t37120-abate-is-the-best-footballer-atm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next