The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Dani Alves : Right Boss - Page 6 Empty Re: Dani Alves : Right Boss

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:17 am

Dani Alves: "I'm not at all bothered by the Cuadrado rumors. On the contrary, he is an excellent player, young, has performed great for club and country. You see your club look for quality to compete with. That motivates me"

Boss Proud

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/dani-alves-motiva-que-barca-quiera-cuadrado-3320843
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:20 am

Hopefully he won't be sold at PSG ..
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:04 pm

He won't. Apparently Nasser has seen him play personally and is convinced that he's absolutely past it so they ain't interested anymore except for an acceptable fee around € 8M. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Dani Alves : Right Boss - Page 6 Empty Alves bla bla bla

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:59 pm

Hummels has 'no leadership and intelligence' :facepalm:

jesus danyir would you ever listen to yourself.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:06 pm

point is we need a centerback that will compliment Pique's faults.
and he has many of them.. and hummels is far too similar.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:50 pm

I disagree about Hummels. In terms of leadership and such, he seemed just fine next to Boateng, better than the more experienced Mertersacker.

As for speed and fit next to Pique on that level, I see and agree with you.

Alba cant defend, I know this. I dont want him starting with. But I dont want to replace him with a similar type of player and I seen thats what Ricardo is. Even in those few games I saw, I sensed defensive vulnerability.

About Rojo I dont agree. First of all, technical ability is one of the things we (Barca) severely overrate in terms of defenders. First the question should be can he defend.

Rojo, like Keita, like Mascherano, like Abidal..is no technical genuis. But he is capable, he has relatively good composure in his defensive third and he can make good passes. Plus like those players I named, he will improve just playing for us.

Its in the attack where he falls apart and sends in some poor crosses. But we dont need an overlapper, thats part of our problem. Both our fullbacks get ahead of the ball, especially Alba. We need someone to back up the play, someone you can pass backwards to..like Abidal was.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:37 am

The Franchise wrote:Both our fullbacks get ahead of the ball, especially Alves.

The only time Bale did anything against Barca was when he switched sides and as usual Alves was nowhere to be found and Bartra had to pull out to rightback position. Says it all. Laughing And the list is endless with goals coming from his side. No wonder he's transfer-listed but no one wants him, not even PSG. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:41 am

Alves has been rapidly declining these past two years
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:42 am

The work rate of Suarez is incredibly underrated from football fans.
All talk about him for goals and assists etc but he is also other. Totally developed under Rodgers, in his first 2 years in England he was more egoistic imo
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:30 am

Fußball wrote:

The only time Bale did anything against Barca was when he switched sides and as usual Alves was nowhere to be found and Bartra had to pull out to rightback position. Says it all. Laughing And the list is endless with goals coming from his side. No wonder he's transfer-listed but no one wants him, not even PSG. Laughing

Bale relies on basically lighting fast pace. he struggles against very quick fullbacks, unless he cuts and crosses.. which is starting to happen now that hes not trying to be the hero
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:44 am

Fußball wrote:

Sigh

I dunno how many times I need to say the same thing, I dont know what your seeing.

Dani Alves almost never overlaps anymore, everyone knows this who has 2 eyes. He is always available for a pass, he likes to combine and play.

If a team counters us, obviously he isnt attached to the back 2...if we pressed like we should, it would be fine because he dont run back, he pressed forward. But he does it with very little help and its easy to pass out and take advantage of the space he left. This is common sense I have said a million times.

Alba is different. There are two Alba's. The one who stays back in position and looks okay, but offers nothing in attack. This is the Alba I prefer but he still lacks composure with the ball and obviously isnt a good 1 v 1 defender.

The other Alba, the one I cant stand, gets ahead of the ball to overlap..which is understandable, it is his game. But with him that high up and Dani Alves high up, plus a team which doesnt pressure...its defensively poorly balanced.

Of course you dont see these details and instead just jump to "they scored from the right, its Dani Alves fault".

Last edited by The Franchise on Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:50 am

Pls go with this Alves worshipping. He is a scrub now. /thread

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:51 am

edit for you.

You gotta come harder than "your bias lol"
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:09 am

Well, that "pressing not good, not his fault" explanation doesn't fly with me. Because Alves has managed to get benched in a completely different team by Scolari, the most stubborn coach in the galaxy who usually doesn't change anything at all like never ever in his lifetime. Even if your name is Fred and you're practically invisible. Which is an achievement in itself. And he wasn't even offensive-minded for Brazil. He was fairly conservative and stayed back and still got owned 1 vs. 1. Some unknown Mexican was taking him for a ride all night long. After Fred he was the most criticized player in Brazil.

Alba is not the kind of linkup player like Alves. Alves is essentially a midfielder. Alba is a standard fullback. Of course Alves is better in combinational play. He had some memoral performances like against City. You don't need to tell me that Alves on top of his game is the #1 fullback of this era. Those top performances aren't often there anymore though. Mentally he is semi-retired already. Taking jabs at fans, punting in hopeless high crosses and positionally no effort to get back is Alves nowadays. He's also lost acceleration and has physically declined. That PSG deems him too expensive for € 15M should tell you everything you need to know.

Alba? Alba has been extremely disciplined last season. He only had a horrendous game against Valencia in CN where the entire collective collapsed. Other than that where did he get exposed as much as Alves? If I start to review the last season I'll be uploading 20 gifs from 20 different games where Alves' side gets raped.

Above all I trust Lucho's instincts:

Luis Enrique: "Alves has an ongoig contract. We'll talk and see what his wishes are. And we'll explain ours."

That's a player with his future uncertain.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:48 am

Dani Alves in his prime, was benched for Brazil. Who cares? He can and was easily benched now, not in his prime.

Scolari is stubborn? Yet he changed alot of things, because obviously the team wasnt working. Paulinho in and out, Hulk in and out, Oscar and Hulk in different positions.

All this is pointless, why are we talking about Brazil. Lets stick to Barcelona, its the only thing thats relevant to this.

"Alves side getting raped"...just a reworded version of what I just said you always repeat "they scored from the right, its Dani Alves fault".

Lucho's instincts? All of a sudden he is the all knowing coach? Go away with that rubbish.

Unless you want to talk tactics, dont bother with me because its the same stuff as before.

Im talking about what actually is happening and your talking sidewise.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:30 pm

What is actually happening is this:

Dani Alves : Right Boss - Page 6 Mpme8bqk

But it's pointless discussing this with you as your excuses are predictable beforehand. "Alves playing RW is totally acceptable, better pressing, someone needs to cover him, yadda yadda".

He is caught upfield gazillion times like this. I can't bother to go and make the gifs and pictures to illustrate it. It's obvious to anyone who watches Barca regularly.

If this is a tactical concept for you where he has to contribute upfront and someone else needs to cover his back or the fault lies within the pressing then Cuadrado is an excellent signing. As his defensive game is irrelevant apart from pressing high. Just like Alves does 0 defending in the above picture.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:21 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Hummels has 'no leadership and intelligence' :facepalm:

jesus danyir would you ever listen to yourself.

Yes I do, and I don't have German bias like you :coffee: 

The Franchise wrote:I disagree about Hummels. In terms of leadership and such, he seemed just fine next to Boateng, better than the more experienced Mertersacker.

As for speed and fit next to Pique on that level, I see and agree with you.

Alba cant defend, I know this. I dont want him starting with. But I dont want to replace him with a similar type of player and I seen thats what Ricardo is. Even in those few games I saw, I sensed defensive vulnerability.

About Rojo I dont agree. First of all, technical ability is one of the things we (Barca) severely overrate in terms of defenders. First the question should be can he defend.

Rojo, like Keita, like Mascherano, like Abidal..is no technical genuis. But he is capable, he has relatively good composure in his defensive third and he can make good passes. Plus like those players I named, he will improve just playing for us.

Its in the attack where he falls apart and sends in some poor crosses. But we dont need an overlapper, thats part of our problem. Both our fullbacks get ahead of the ball, especially Alba. We need someone to back up the play, someone you can pass backwards to..like Abidal was.

I agree with most points (other than Hummels being a good leader). I also think you'll be surprised by how inferior Rojo is technically compared to Abidal. For me Rojo is an average defender who does not excel at anything. Other than his horrendous crosses, I also have question marks regarding his passing. He miss-places too many passes for my liking, maybe BC can confirm. He was our weak link during qualifying but admittedly his performances improved during the World Cup.

And finally on topic:

Dani Alves : Right Boss - Page 6 BslbFsHCUAEj5Bz
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:43 pm

Some interesting points raised regarding Alves. I think both of you have some valid points.

Watching Barcelona last year, often when you lost the ball in the opponent's final third, the RW (supposedly Alexis) was usually found more towards the centre of the box; either because he was there to make (dummy) runs for Messi or started pressing the centre because Messi is too lazy to press his area. This would leave the whole right flank for Alves to defend which consequently resulted in the Brazilian being caught out of position many times last season.

On the other hand it is quite obvious that Alves is not the same player as before. He is slower, lazier and generally lacks the hunger of 3-4 years ago.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next