BarcaLearning
Ganso
The Franchise
49 posters

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Dani Alves : Right Boss - Page 11 Empty Re: Dani Alves : Right Boss

Post by Kaladin Sun May 31, 2015 3:00 pm

Fußball wrote:True, in 2015 he's been the best RB in the world by some margin. Created goals against Real Madrid, Bayern and in yet another Cup final. The Rakitic-Alves-Messi dynamic on the right is devastating.

http://www.goallegacy.net/t37120-abate-is-the-best-footballer-atm

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun May 31, 2015 4:15 pm

He posted a pic on Instagram that hair patch is gone Laughing
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu Sun May 31, 2015 4:51 pm

Dani Alves : Right Boss - Page 11 CGSIduMWsAE2NYN
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun May 31, 2015 6:30 pm

The Franchise wrote:I still dont think he wants to leave. I think he sees himself personally responsibile for helping Neymar and while he doesnt need it anymore, he will always be "with him" in that way. I think he has been with us a long time and doesnt want to leave, I think above all he loves the players he plays with and I think they like him also. But he is a little child like, you se his joy and enthusiasm when we celebrate things..the flip side though is he wants to be paid how he sees himself performing and he takes it very personally when he isnt respected (seemed to when he was getting alot of criticism the last years).
Anyway, I still think he can be convinced but we need to stop trying to act almighty and accept the reality that we will pay someone for 3 years when we may only need 1. I cant be convinced it isnt worth it when you see how he plays and more importantly, the other options we have. Rightback is a defensive position we shouldnt forget, but the guy is still in advanced years finding a way to contribute to goals.

Even if he spends the last year of his contract scrubbing it up on the bench. He'd still be worth it as you can't buy anyone. It's foolish to let him go without having a proper replacement.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun May 31, 2015 8:13 pm

The Franchise wrote:I still dont think he wants to leave. I think he sees himself personally responsibile for helping Neymar and while he doesnt need it anymore, he will always be "with him" in that way. I think he has been with us a long time and doesnt want to leave, I think above all he loves the players he plays with and I think they like him also. But he is a little child like, you se his joy and enthusiasm when we celebrate things..the flip side though is he wants to be paid how he sees himself performing and he takes it very personally when he isnt respected (seemed to when he was getting alot of criticism the last years).

exactly my feeling yesterday after the game....we should renew him for many reasons. one is to keep the harmony and bond intact among the large south american talents in the team....He has a huge contribution in Messi's devastatting mode...I also cant believe he will leave such a beautiful group for PSG  :facepalm: .....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu Sun May 31, 2015 8:29 pm

He's not leaving for PSG according to Blanc. It's obvious by now he's just been messing with the board and I don't blame him.
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:06 am

He'll renew. I refuse to believe he has better options at the moment if PSG is ruled out.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:48 am

No worries, manargessi got this.

Messi - "Alves is a very complete player - the best full back in the world. It's difficult to find someone who's so motivated for every game"
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:54 am

If PSG doesn't want him, where could he end up? City, United, Chelsea, Juve? Or some place exotic like Galatasaray?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:44 am

Both City and Chelsea would happily accept him. Both are title contenders.United would be a step down at the moment. Don know whether Juve can pay his salaries, though

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:25 am

United front runners for sure. They only have Valencia there who isn't even a fullback.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:56 am

Took me long enough (again) but I realized (again) that he's a special player. Just renew him ffs. Way too good for Manu.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:33 am

Bartomeu (president): "Alves has a financially good offer to renew for two seasons, with an optional third season. " [ser]

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:39 am

Man U is very unstabble at this moment. why would he waste his last few years spending trophyless

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:36 am

Fußball wrote:Bartomeu (president): "Alves has a financially good offer to renew for two seasons, with an optional third season. " [ser]

Doesn't sound too bad. I think his only problem is that he's not appreciated here. Can't see him leaving in the end.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:59 am

He's got a point tbh. Totally amateurish behaviour by the club. They only started to talk to him about a contract renewal when it was clear that CAS wasn't lifting the transfer ban and no one appropriate could be bought, otherwise they would have liked to get rid. No way to treat a club legend and the eccentric character that Dani is it was clear he wasn't going to take that without kicking up a fuss. Now look who has the last laugh. I just hope ultimately he won't take it out on his teammates and the fans and he's just making Barto sweat for the moment.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:17 pm

The truth was he wasnt valued. Even you guys insulted him and said he was finished and should leave (one went as far as to say good riddance) but isnt even wanted by anyone else. Alot of people wrote him off, fans and obviously the club included.

Others knew and still know he isnt what he was, but still not easily replaced and from then all the way untill now I havent heard of a right back we could replace him with and it would be better, or maybe even as good.

The club obviously were stupid because unlike fans, they have to take action and think of all possible scenarios. I think even today they would strongly consider getting rid of him if they could replace him.

Its quite an empty gesture to act like you value him now, because we all know you dont have another choice.

In the end, I hope his team-mates get to him and convince him. I think they have and will.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:27 pm

The Franchise wrote:The truth was he wasnt valued. Even you guys insulted him and said he was finished and should leave (one went as far as to say good riddance) but isnt even wanted by anyone else. Alot of people wrote him off, fans and obviously the club included.

Others knew and still know he isnt what he was, but still not easily replaced and from then all the way untill now I havent heard of a right back we could replace him with and it would be better, or maybe even as good.

The club obviously were stupid because unlike fans, they have to take action and think of all possible scenarios. I think even today they would strongly consider getting rid of him if they could replace him.

Its quite an empty gesture to act like you value him now, because we all know you dont have another choice.

In the end, I hope his team-mates get to him and convince him. I think they have and will.

I think we had a discussion about this on chat. No right back in europe would be an upgrade with respects to what Alves brings, maybe only the current best RB in Europe Antonio GOATlencia but we've got him on lockdown. Between 2006-2012 he was the best attacking right back I had seen. The disrespect when I see people even saying Lahm was on his level :facepalm:

I hope he does sign though. I also think that playing with a chip on his shoulder has ironically improved his performances. Another year another dumb decision by Barcelona management.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:41 pm

Well, he WAS finished, more or less. No one can deny the difference between the current Alves linking up magically with Messi like in his best years and the Alves at the beginning of the season and last season topping the crossing charts in Europe with one mindless cross to midgets after another. Sure, it might all have been down to tactics and the fault of the coach who didn't use him properly but we casual fans don't see that. We just see what he does on the pitch. Personally I also have enough trust in a Barca coach, even one like Tata who hasn't proven anything, that he can see what everyone can see and wouldn't employ tactics to make Alves cross like an idiot for months. So I have to assume that it's down to Alves' individual form.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:47 pm

Finished is finished to me, as in there is no coming back.

Of course this Alves is better than the Alves you spoke about previously, but others (who am I kiddding, me and CB) said Barca needs to actually to have a defensive plan which doesnt consist of him chasing aimlessly to press with no help and players who actually try and come close to him and give him a better option than crossing.

Everyone insisted he was just out of position and being a useless clown and there was times that was the case, but that was the symptom and the cause was a bigger problem which was trying to be explained back at the time. On top of that he hasnt suffered an injury in a while, back then he had suffered injuries and lost some physical edge which he cant afford to any more. I dont think its coincidence at all he is playing better now there is an actual plan in place and he gets to train consistently without an injury. That to me is the big thing with "form"...players will get form just as long as they stay injury free long enough to build up timing, physical capability and the sharpness you get from regular action. Sit out 2 weeks every 2-3 months and then you have problems.

Those two things are happening alot more now. Most games have a clear tactical plan and he isnt getting injured.

Your saying casual fans dont see that it was down to tactics..but when me and others said it, you refused to accept it. I wont quote the post, its long and not important but it was there at the time.

I dont know how many times I have said he usually doesnt want to cross, but Messi at the time didnt show any off ball movement and there was a big disconnect between Alves and the right side because Alexis at the time was trying to make runs inside to create the space for a less mobile Messi. All that stuff leads to Alves making decisions, which were bad ones.

I truly believe if you give Alves something specific to do he can do it. If you tell him to stay back and defend Cristiano he can do it (less well today) and has, tell him to play as part of a back 3 he can do it and has, tell him to put high pressure even on the opposing fullback he can do that and has, have him link up with players who are close to him, he can and has..but leave him to his own devices with nobody close and nobody else willing to press..he is going to cost you because his press will fail and the space behind him will be exploited (and his recovery runs are also less at 30 something) and he will cross balls aimless because he no longer run balls down the line like 5+ years ago.

But anyway, thats history now really. He is still 30 something and doesnt have long left till he is truly finished..but untill then, we all agree Barca need to do the right thing.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:38 pm

Sid Lowe is absolutely enraged at Barca letting Alves go:

http://www.espnfc.com/club/barcelona/83/blog/post/2480180/dani-alves-leaves-barcelona-cause-for-regret-sid-lowe
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:08 pm

Abidal says he thinks Alves wants to stay at Barca. He'll accept the renewal if the boss says so.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:11 am

Considering how well he's played for the last few weeks and our transfer ban it makes no sense to allow Dani Alves to leave. Just who will play right back for us for the first half of next season?

Also he shouldn't leave unhappy. He has made immense contributions to all our achievements in this era and he is one of those players whose commitment to the team's cause knows no bounds.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:13 am

Douglas? hmm

Vermaelen make-shift RB? hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:01 pm

Guess he's gone when he's crying during his speech.

Dani Alves : Right Boss - Page 11 CG7ZyRkUIAAdo78

Oh well.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:59 am

best RB in club's history?
billy_gr
billy_gr