Ganso
The Franchise
49 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Dani Alves : Right Boss - Page 9 Empty Re: Dani Alves : Right Boss

Post by The Franchise Fri May 22, 2015 12:52 am

Just pay the guy for Christ sake.

Has he not done a great job the most recent months? Especially in the big games has he not proven his value?

Even If he was playing just average, we should resign him because we dont have the ability to replace him at the moment.

I get they dont want to give a long term contract to someone they only want for a short time, but we arent in the position of power here. Just take the hit, in his last year you have to pay too much for a guy you may not use...thats tough shit, its the price you pay for poor planning in the first place, signings a reliable second in command much earlier to gradually phase him out.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri May 22, 2015 1:06 am

Total dick move by him. First his agent was promising that he would stay if Barca offered 2+1 years, and I quote:

Dinorah (agent Alves): "We don't accept 1+1+1 based on 60% of games played in previous season. But if Barça offer 2+1, Dani will stay."

Now that Barca give in to 2+1 AND offer a sign-on bonus on top of it he still asks for even more.

Sure, the club messed up with Douglas, the transfer ban and not resolving the Alves contract issue way earlier. Still no reason for him take the club to the cleaners like that at all cost. Would be totally idiotic to give a 32 year old player who is on huge wages and has already declined physically a contract until he effectively reaches retirement age. Out of principle if nothing else.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri May 22, 2015 1:13 am

Where are these "facts" coming from. How do we know what is being offered and what isnt?

Anyway, I agree it would be idiotic to do that...but do you know what is more idiotic? Letting him leave and playing Douglas and Montoya.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 22, 2015 1:20 am

Futbol has contacts within the negotiating room apparently.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri May 22, 2015 1:28 am

The Franchise wrote:Where are these "facts" coming from. How do we know what is being offered and what isnt?

Anyway, I agree it would be idiotic to do that...but do you know what is more idiotic? Letting him leave and playing Douglas and Montoya.

Bartomeu (president): "We offer Alves 2+1, not 1+1+1 as has been said. We are open to continue the talks. The future is in his hands."

We'll survive somehow until January. Bartra, 3 man defense, Adama, Pedro. They'll work around it. Alves is hardly the decisive factor week in week out. We've beaten PSG twice without Alves. Beating La Liga teams and CL group stage teams in the first half of the season with Montoya won't be a big problem.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 22, 2015 1:35 am

Your assuming that a replacement will be signed, sealed and delivered by January 1st. Laughing

Have you learnt nothing about the ineptitude of the people running your football club?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri May 22, 2015 1:55 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Your assuming that a replacement will be signed, sealed and delivered by January 1st. Laughing

Have you learnt nothing about the ineptitude of the people running your football club?

Yeah, I would definitely not be surprised if we make it work with Montoya until January and because it works during the undecisive stage of the season the club decides to stick with what we have and we get exposed once the CL knockout stages arrive. That's usually how we roll. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 22, 2015 4:05 am

If 4 clubs are willing to give him better terms than us then what we have offered him can't be that good, fuss. Why should he accept something below market?

As an employee, I'd be willing to accept less money for a better company, but not significantly less money than 4 other companies are offering.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri May 22, 2015 5:42 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:If 4 clubs are willing to give him better terms than us then what we have offered him can't be that good, fuss.

It can, if the 4 supposed clubs are all plastic clubs.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri May 22, 2015 7:19 am

Come on, renew the man. He deserves it. 2+1 it's fine.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri May 22, 2015 7:20 am

Depends, I would have to read facts as to what he was offered. Dude is 32, can't imagine his market value going up, especially if we allegedly offered him aa sign on bonus and similar wages to what he currently has. I don't mind if he was trying to make more money before he retires, but it sounds like he's doing it by manipulating the situation he's got on us with the ban to get other clubs to give him higher wages so he can leave. Xavi just left without making a stink
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Fri May 22, 2015 10:29 am

He got everything on his side and the board have got nothing to do negotiation. Just do it, we have no choice. whats the point of arguing about what he is doing is good or bad. at the end of the day no one is saint.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri May 22, 2015 11:46 am

Fußball wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Where are these "facts" coming from. How do we know what is being offered and what isnt?

Bartomeu (president): "We offer Alves 2+1, not 1+1+1 as has been said. We are open to continue the talks. The future is in his hands."

We'll survive somehow until January. Bartra, 3 man defense, Adama, Pedro. They'll work around it. Alves is hardly the decisive factor week in week out. We've beaten PSG twice without Alves. Beating La Liga teams and CL group stage teams in the first half of the season with Montoya won't be a big problem.

What about money? There is no talk about what money is being offered. Assuming What good is it offering him the years he wants but with less actual money? This is why making these wild assumptions on what is happening dont make no sense.

None of those guys you named are rightbacks and last time I checked Montoya is also leaving, not that it would be any better. It wont be the end of the world to play 3 man defence or even Adriano, you cant lose much before Jan...but its such a stupid situation which doesnt need to happen. Its amazing how we will pay money for things we dont need, but heaven forbid to pay for something which is actually important.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri May 22, 2015 11:56 am

Also. With the sole exception of Free_Cat to his credit, nobody said anything about Xavi last 2 years on high wages at 33+. Heck, if Xavi again signed for another year on high wages we would all (except for Free) be delighted. Despite his age.

Dani Alves is old, but by the time this deal is over he would be the same age as Xavi now.

And if we are honest, we will need Dani Alves alot more the first 6 months of the season (at least) than Xavi going forward from this point.

We are making a big fuss about money and his age, but nobody (again except Free) was saying anything about this with Xavi.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri May 22, 2015 12:38 pm

Xavi reportedly took a wage cut to continue at Barca last time he renewed. Alves reportedly wants a pay RISE, more than he's currently earning. Obviously all according to the media. We don't know the truth. However, personally, I have a hard time believing Bartomeu is money-pinching in his situation right now. I'm fully confident Alves got an appropriate offer. Maybe not an offer that can match some plastic club offering him crazy money. But an appropriate one.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Fri May 22, 2015 2:15 pm

I agree on this point. I also dont think he has been offered any less though may not be same as offered by those rich clubs. If he really asks the same wages offered by those 4 clubs for next 3 years, thats really difficult for Barca to agree with. But who knows whats going on...

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MSN FTW Fri May 22, 2015 2:55 pm

He got the 2+1 he wanted. But maybe the wages were really lower, or the club didn't handle it well. He should had been renewed ages ago, the board waited too long. Didn't really value Alves.
MSN FTW
MSN FTW
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 22, 2015 5:59 pm

The thing about the money argument is that yeah, Alves might be asking for a raise, but signing someone, even for a lower wage, will cost more than what he's asking for. For example, Douglas was signed for 8m. Over 3 years those 8m are 2.67m per year. And on top of that Douglas makes another 2.5m euros per year (35k pounds per week * 52). So to bring someone like Douglas over to Barca for a 3 year period it costs us over 5m per year, and this is excluding taxes. And this is for Douglas, not a WC RB we might look to sign instead.

How much is Alves asking for? I have no idea, but reports are that PSG have offered him 3m per season and we offered him something worth less than that.

So it makes no financial sense for us to lowball him and let him walk because replacing him will cost far more than what we're willing to pay him.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri May 22, 2015 10:17 pm

neuro11 wrote:I agree on this point. I also dont think he has been offered any less  though may not be same as offered by those rich clubs. If he really asks the same wages offered by those 4 clubs for next 3 years, thats  really difficult for Barca to agree with. But who knows whats going on...

I dont think he deserves more pay. Obviously he isnt performing as well as he was when he was getting that amount, so in all fairness he should take less money now.

However, that rubbish goes out the window when you consider the position everyone is in.

We have no other means to get Alves current performance level to replace him, or even close to it and Alves had 4 clubs who want to give him a certain amount of money. What are we saying here?

"Alves, we really need you to stay...and I know these other clubs are offering (insert number here) but because we intend on replacing you the second we get the chance, we need you to accept less money than those offers"

"I know we give Messi a new deal every season, I know pay the wages of guys like Song who we have no intention of using, I know we signed 2 starter level goalies with starter level wages and of course we sign and give wages to randon Brazilians players we have no intention of even using...but you have to understand, we wont pay you out of sheer principle arent one of these plastic clubs..we just cant afford that."
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri May 22, 2015 10:20 pm

Fußball wrote: However, personally, I have a hard time believing Bartomeu is money-pinching in his situation right now.

Yeah me too, cant believe it. Same guys never agreed to keep Abidal around after all and stuck to their word on that one.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri May 22, 2015 10:20 pm

Fußball wrote: However, personally, I have a hard time believing Bartomeu is money-pinching in his situation right now.

Yeah me too, cant believe it. Same guys never agreed to keep Abidal around after all and stuck to their word on that one.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat May 23, 2015 3:21 am

yeah...i already said Barca board has nothing on the court for negotiation while Alves has everything. There should not be any right/wrong argument in this kind of situtation.

Also, the amount of ridiculous decisions we make in transfer in every single season is unbelieveable. In compare to that its stupid not to meet someone's wage demand who atleast can serve one good year - the one we cant buy any.

And do some of you really think we can survive till january without Alves?? i highly doubt. Montoya if stay and Adriano did not have regular minutes for long time. i dont think we can win with them even vs. fodder teams.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat May 23, 2015 3:48 am

The Franchise wrote:

That's actually exactly why I believe he isn't bullshitting right now. He already has a bad reputation because of things like the Abidal situation. He also wants to win elections. So I don't believe he is bullshitting right now. Alves on the other hand has always been about money. His negotiation tactics 4 years ago weren't any different.

What I want is for the club to value me depending on my importance and influence within the squad. If they do that, I'll be over the moon and if not, thanks for these years at the club.

- Alves 2011

"Value me" = "pay me".

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat May 23, 2015 5:35 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

How much is Alves asking for? I have no idea, but reports are that PSG have offered him 3m per season and we offered him something worth less than that.

€ 3M. Laughing If PSG is reported to pay him that number it's to avoid FFP and he's going to get a hefty signing-on bonus in return.

The average salary of clubs like Barcelona and Madrid is reported to be around € 7M per year. This is a fairly accurate number. For example the reported Premier League wage bills are based on Companies House numbers which is United Kingdom's registrar of companies. United, City and Chelsea are all reported with circa 200M pound wage bills. Madrid and Barca logically top that. So we have a fairly accurate dimension about the average salaries.

From those avg. salaries we can logically conclude that Alves as a key senior player is definitely on more than the average € 7M per year. Different reports (from the ones reporting the total wage bills) say Alves is on € 9M which makes sense compared to the reports about the general wage bills. So it's bullshit that Barca would offer him not even € 3M per year and essentially ask him to cut his wages by 2/3.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat May 23, 2015 8:30 am

This is one of those thigns that makes me puzzled at wtf the club management is doing.... I mean Xavi is going, if Alves goes our level will drop considerable, its not funny and must keep him.... after hes done so much for us. Unless of cos the new guy is that good that he can replace him straight away? I doubt it.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun May 24, 2015 9:34 pm

Fußball wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

That's actually exactly why I believe he isn't bullshitting right now. He already has a bad reputation because of things like the Abidal situation. He also wants to win elections. So I don't believe he is bullshitting right now. Alves on the other hand has always been about money. His negotiation tactics 4 years ago weren't any different.

What I want is for the club to value me depending on my importance and influence within the squad. If they do that, I'll be over the moon and if not, thanks for these years at the club.

- Alves 2011

"Value me" = "pay me".

Does it really give a bad reputation to him? When even you call Alves greedy for trying to get more money...you wont hold it against him and I assume your not alone in that opinion.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next