BarrileteCosmico
billy_gr
The Franchise
52 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Cesc Fabregas - The Lost Lamb - Page 11 Empty Re: Cesc Fabregas - The Lost Lamb

Post by futbol Sat 25 Jan - 8:36:13

Cesc: "Martino gave me confidence, he always believed in me. He knows what kind of player I am, he doesn't ask me things I can't do." [efe]

Like starting big games? Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat 25 Jan - 14:34:13

futbol wrote:Cesc: "Martino gave me confidence, he always believed in me. He knows what kind of player I am, he doesn't ask me things I can't do." [efe]

Like starting big games? Proud

Why do I see that as a dig at Pep/Tito?He is probably talking about them asking him to play like a proper CM.
Also implicitly acknowledges that he cant play the Xavi role.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat 25 Jan - 19:41:03

That's exactly how I read it.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu 20 Feb - 7:01:15

Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Thu 20 Feb - 8:32:59

man sounds exactly like Nadal
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu 20 Feb - 15:04:24

What a clown Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri 21 Feb - 11:45:52

What the heck is he doing there?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed 2 Apr - 9:59:31

I am sick of this guy skating by with a free pass from the club. This guy is Gerard Lopez again...maybe its worse because Gerard had talent he was just mentally weak. Cesc is who Cesc is, he is playing how he plays...he just dont fit it.

I am tired of this guy generally...but im more than tired of this guy playing every big game now and forcing 2 players out of position and he isnt even producing individually in these games.

Free_cat says he didnt get to play in big games last seasons, I retorted that he didnt even play well in the smaller ones so why would the big ones be any different...here we are, him playing in all the big ones consistently...and he is consistently doing nothing.

Does anyone still honestly believe him and Iniesta in midfield together are the way forward? Really?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed 2 Apr - 10:10:42

Why only criticize Cesc though? Why not criticize Xavi who did absolutely nothing yesterday (unless you count ballwatching in Atletico's goal as a merit)?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed 2 Apr - 10:16:10

Because Cesc playing forces 2 other players (and 2 great players I may add) out of position.

And I dont want to see Cesc and Iniesta in midfield together, I have seen it, I want no part of it. Plus Xavi has played better individually anyway.

I didnt even criticise his performance yesturday, clearly my comments refer to a much longer issue.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed 2 Apr - 10:21:53

Or Xavi playing forced two players out of position. He was a clear liability yesterday as much as cesc. Cesc at least defended. Xavi just passed the ball sideways.

Anyway, we need a new midfielder that is clear.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed 2 Apr - 14:54:30

See the game thread to talk about the game, this thread is about Cesc..and Cesc was always a pointless signing and continues to be that.

Nobody but you seems to think we should play 3 forwards at the expense of Xavi. It seems the vast majority think Cesc.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed 2 Apr - 15:30:43

free_cat wrote:Or Xavi playing forced two players out of position. He was a clear liability yesterday as much as cesc. Cesc at least defended. Xavi just passed the ball sideways.

Anyway, we need a new midfielder that is clear.

Your bias is just ridiculous.Xavi had a very good game yesterday and was light years better than Cesc.Watch the game again without the bias.
Xavi defended very well yesterday.Put in a great shift and always tracked back.Even won a couple of tackles.You must be joking if you think Cesc defended better than Xavi.All yesterday's game proved was that Cesc is useless at defending for the umpteenth time.
Also dont see how you can fault xavi for Diego's goal.Xavi closed him down as best he could( at the age of 34 and with his physical limitations).He stayed close and put pressure which is all that can be asked.He cant foul as that was a dangerous situation.That was just a 1 in a million shot by Diego and a contender for goal of the season.
But I am sure in your ridiculous bias,you think your precious boy Cesc could have done better.Let me lay down the reality for you.All Cesc would have done is do his running in the sand impression and got turned like he does against every scrub player.With Cesc thr,Diego would have had a free shot.but continue living in your delusional world.

Sideways passes.I like how you conveniently ignore that Xavi set up our first chance,the Neymar header.Also interesting how you conveniently ignore that he set up arguably our best chance of the match.The beautiful lobbed pass for Messi which Messi should have hit first time.He had a clear shot and had he volleyed it,most probably would have been a goal.Instead he took the wrong decision and took a touch by which time the chance was gone.There was also a header for Bartra set up by Xavi.
So thats 3 chances created by Xavi which is pretty much as much as any other player and thats considering that he was the deepest of all the chnace creating players.
Now lets consider that with what your precious boy the bunker buster 'the Lost Lamb' did.Absolutely nothing.Wait thats not true.I mean as per norm he did misplace a lot of simple passes.And as per norm he did look clueless in midfield.That counts for something right.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu 12 Jun - 18:48:21

Good night, sweet prince.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu 12 Jun - 19:53:44

I would say best of luck, but he's going to Chelsea.

Kinda hoping you flop, Fabregas. You should have stayed at Arsenal, now even they will hate you.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu 12 Jun - 21:21:10

I was so preoccupied with the world cup that I just got to know it's finally been confirmed. Needless to say I am really pleased. Beyond his time with us though there is no reason for me to dislike him. I wish Cesc Fabregas all the very best.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu 12 Jun - 21:55:09

Delighted but of course annoyed it took people 3 years to figure out what a large number of people knew 5 ago, plus we had to lose a little star in the process.

At least everyone can move on and will be better for it, him too.

He had his chances, its just a fact he would never reproduce his Arsenal form in a team so tactically strict and precise as ours, especially considering what areas of the field he likes to appear in.

And even though we never expected the Arsenal version of Cesc, he wasnt even good, period, and proved it time and time again.

Im sure he will do better in the PL, but im simply glad the charade is over.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri 13 Jun - 5:35:29

but....i thought .."he has the barca dna"?
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri 13 Jun - 8:35:51

Holy **** and see how fast Chelsea do their business, this is pretty huge I didnt really think Cesc would leave. Feel bad for him since he always gives his best, but in the end just not good enough. Still though I would have thought we keep him at least as an option. Hes still top class despite disappointing in the big games and with his pace a major weakness, maybe just not suitable for Barca's current game.... I dont totally agree with the deal.... but its a good amount, and so it seems we are confident about the replacement (s)? already....
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri 13 Jun - 8:44:06

The Franchise wrote:Because Cesc playing forces 2 other players (and 2 great players I may add) out of position.

And I dont want to see Cesc and Iniesta in midfield together, I have seen it, I want no part of it. Plus Xavi has played better individually anyway.

I didnt even criticise his performance yesturday, clearly my comments refer to a much longer issue.

This is very true, I always thought in the big games Barca wanted more control and so added him in the midfield to help boss it, but unfortunately it sacrifices our attacking edge with him there and everyone bunches up. Vs small teams he does well but not the top teams....

CBarca wrote:I would say best of luck, but he's going to Chelsea.

Kinda hoping you flop, Fabregas. You should have stayed at Arsenal, now even they will hate you.

Lol, I feel even more sorry for the guy reading this.... he should be familiar with the EPL, and he looks to have the players around him to suit his creativity so he should do well again...

The Franchise wrote:Delighted but of course annoyed it took people 3 years to figure out what a large number of people knew 5 ago, plus we had to lose a little star in the process.

At least everyone can move on and will be better for it, him too.

He had his chances, its just a fact he would never reproduce his Arsenal form in a team so tactically strict and precise as ours, especially considering what areas of the field he likes to appear in.

And even though we never expected the Arsenal version of Cesc, he wasnt even good, period, and proved it time and time again.

Im sure he will do better in the PL, but im simply glad the charade is over.

So Dani, as u said u have long foreseen this, while even Barca took this long to realize it and sold him now Razz So what do u think about if Barca could have fitted him in the team any other way, with a different lineup or formation maybe?

Could he have learnt to play in a new or different way in order to perform better or suited Barca more?

And finally do u think he will succeed as in playing his best again similar to Arsenal days at Chelsea?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri 13 Jun - 13:54:48

Not just me, I dont want to make it seem like I am some kind of genius...there was quite a few people saying the same thing, because it seemed so damn obvious.

There was no way to fit Cesc in. He is a number 10, he wants to play behind a striker who makes runs and ideally two players behind him doing the defensive work plus advancing the ball into the final third.

We have Messi, we have Iniesta, Cesc cant have those things I said above. Plus, he isnt even good enough to build a team around in such a way in my opinion, we have seen that already at Arsenal. They won nothing.

Could he have learnt to play in a way which fits? Dont think so. He learnt alot at Arsenal, he changed at Arsenal, he became a different player at Arsenal. I dont think he wants to become the kind of player we needed even if he could, all his comments suggest is he should be allowed to play how he wants rather than conforming.

Can he succeed playing at Chelsea? Yes im sure he can, he will do well against those lower level teams and that was Chelsea's problem. Not being able to break down the weaker teams. I think Cesc helps with that.

It's the big games you have to question. How does he fit in and where, when Chelsea play park the bus in a CL semi final? No idea.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri 13 Jun - 15:57:34

the press release that mentioned his drop of performance was uncalled for
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri 13 Jun - 16:04:55

Uncalled for is putting it mildly
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri 13 Jun - 16:33:13

I was probably his biggest critic on here but I think that was classless from us and completely uncalled for.It was the club who pursued him relentlessly and brought him back.While here,though he was poor,I have felt that his effort on the field could not be questioned.Always gave his best.
Now the club finally comes to its senses and decides to sell him.That should be the end of that.No need to publicly humiliate him like that.I think the club owes him an apology.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri 13 Jun - 16:45:12

For all we know it's just some student part time jobber webmaster dude who writes those generic texts on the website and not Bartomeu or any other official who dictates what is written there. People get worked up about the most pointless things. It wasn't even his goodbye article. This was:

FC Barcelona and Chelsea FC have reached an agreement for the transfer of player Cesc Fàbregas to the English club. FC Barcelona wishes to publicly thank Cesc Fàbregas for his professionalism and dedication during his years at the Club, which will always be his home, and to wish him all the very best for the future.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/agreement-with-chelsea-for-the-transfer-of-cesc-fabregas

The other article was titled "Cesc Fàbregas: three years in numbers" and was a completely seperate article pointing out his achievements (and misachievements) and should be understood as directed towards the fans and not towards Fabregas himself as his "goodbye article".

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri 13 Jun - 17:46:09

I was a huge fan of the guy at Arsenal and was excited when we signed him. Not cause I had faith in Cesc, but because I had faith in Pep. I figured if anybody had a brilliant idea up his sleeve to make Cesc work, it would be Pep. But good lord, what a cluster *bleep* did his signing turn out to be

The Xaviesta alliance, possibly the best midfield duo of all time, broken and Inesta pushed out to the left. Which in turn possibly hurt Pedro's and Tellos development. Also by benching Pedro and Tello, our attack got slower and we more importantly lost width in attack.

Lets not forget to mention, his signing directly affected Thiago's playing time, which has lead to our brightest midfield prospect destined to be our next midfield super star, leave at a young age for well below his value. Again, this is due to the club making room for Cesc.

Then we played him as a false 9, and we even played Messi, arguably the best false 9 of this generation, out to the right to make room for Cesc. Again, hurting our attack as it became slower. And moving him up front meant Alexis would get benched. And not to mention if Messi was injured, we already had a superior false 9 on the team......Neymar (Abd Alexis if Neymar was also injured).

Now I feel bad for Arsenal fans (Arsenal is my 2nd club, far 2nd cause I love Barca so much but still my 2nd club), cause after all this bitching and his talk of how he still bleeds red...accepts the offer from Chelsea. It's insulting to see him in a Chelsea jersey

And thats not even mentioning how he would completley disapear on the field in almsot every single big match we had since he arrived. And yes, if he was on, it meant one of our other superior midfielders or wingers was playing out of position to make room for him or not playing at all.

In the end, I still thank him cause he did create allot of goals and scored allot of goals vs allot of the not so big matches that did help us win allot.....but over all his arrival might be the single focal point to the greatest era of our club being cut short. Now he leaves, and Xavi is not in his prime anymore and Thiago is gone. And he's playing for Mourinho and Chelsea. Jeezzuuuussss

Good luck, but please, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next