BarrileteCosmico
billy_gr
The Franchise
52 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Cesc Fabregas - The Lost Lamb - Page 12 Empty Re: Cesc Fabregas - The Lost Lamb

Post by windkick Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:46 pm

I was a huge fan of the guy at Arsenal and was excited when we signed him. Not cause I had faith in Cesc, but because I had faith in Pep. I figured if anybody had a brilliant idea up his sleeve to make Cesc work, it would be Pep. But good lord, what a cluster *bleep* did his signing turn out to be

The Xaviesta alliance, possibly the best midfield duo of all time, broken and Inesta pushed out to the left. Which in turn possibly hurt Pedro's and Tellos development. Also by benching Pedro and Tello, our attack got slower and we more importantly lost width in attack.

Lets not forget to mention, his signing directly affected Thiago's playing time, which has lead to our brightest midfield prospect destined to be our next midfield super star, leave at a young age for well below his value. Again, this is due to the club making room for Cesc.

Then we played him as a false 9, and we even played Messi, arguably the best false 9 of this generation, out to the right to make room for Cesc. Again, hurting our attack as it became slower. And moving him up front meant Alexis would get benched. And not to mention if Messi was injured, we already had a superior false 9 on the team......Neymar (Abd Alexis if Neymar was also injured).

Now I feel bad for Arsenal fans (Arsenal is my 2nd club, far 2nd cause I love Barca so much but still my 2nd club), cause after all this bitching and his talk of how he still bleeds red...accepts the offer from Chelsea. It's insulting to see him in a Chelsea jersey

And thats not even mentioning how he would completley disapear on the field in almsot every single big match we had since he arrived. And yes, if he was on, it meant one of our other superior midfielders or wingers was playing out of position to make room for him or not playing at all.

In the end, I still thank him cause he did create allot of goals and scored allot of goals vs allot of the not so big matches that did help us win allot.....but over all his arrival might be the single focal point to the greatest era of our club being cut short. Now he leaves, and Xavi is not in his prime anymore and Thiago is gone. And he's playing for Mourinho and Chelsea. Jeezzuuuussss

Good luck, but please, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:47 pm

Fußball wrote:For all we know it's just some student part time jobber webmaster dude who writes those generic texts on the website and not Bartomeu or any other official who dictates what is written there. People get worked up about the most pointless things. It wasn't even his goodbye article. This was:

FC Barcelona and Chelsea FC have reached an agreement for the transfer of player Cesc Fàbregas to the English club. FC Barcelona wishes to publicly thank Cesc Fàbregas for his professionalism and dedication during his years at the Club, which will always be his home, and to wish him all the very best for the future.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/agreement-with-chelsea-for-the-transfer-of-cesc-fabregas

The other article was titled "Cesc Fàbregas: three years in numbers" and was a completely seperate article pointing out his achievements (and misachievements) and should be understood as directed towards the fans and not towards Fabregas himself as his "goodbye article".
I don't care who he is. If you are writing for an official authority there is some kind of approval/quality assessment in what you are writing. the club is run by morons.
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:11 pm

I agree

I think as fans we are entitled to just rant and bitch. But the club should always maintain a level of profesionalism (sp?)and respect. They shouldn't of trashed him in any form.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:44 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ-zcB9Ao2k

lol and he was so happy

2:29-2:30 though....very true...first you have dna, next you're joining the coach who poked the eyes of your asst. coach on your debut...
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:07 am

titosantill wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ-zcB9Ao2k

lol and he was so happy

2:29-2:30 though....very true...first you have dna, next you're joining the coach who poked the eyes of your asst. coach on your debut...

Stop trolling....Its a professional football.. what you expect from him??? end his career in the bench or in a team where he does not fit. everyone has skills and look for the best team his skill suits for. thats what you would do if you love to play and would not if you are a moneyhunter...Mou is there now but may not be after one season. managers are coming and leaving...who cares whom are at the throne now....the club and its current players are important....he did his best choice...

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:09 am

billy_gr wrote:the press release that mentioned his drop of performance was uncalled for

not sure what are you talking about...can you post any link.....
I read Barca and his comments on this transfer and both looked decent to me and felt both were mutual in this transfer unlike the Eto or Yaya transfer.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:59 pm

neuro11 wrote:
billy_gr wrote:the press release that mentioned his drop of performance was uncalled for

I read Barca and his comments on this transfer and both looked decent to me and felt both were mutual in this transfer unlike the Eto or Yaya transfer.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2014/06/13/4878968/barcelona-fabregas-performances-got-worse-each-season?ICID=TP_NL_13
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:55 pm

billy_gr wrote:
neuro11 wrote:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2014/06/13/4878968/barcelona-fabregas-performances-got-worse-each-season?ICID=TP_NL_13

yes, but i am sure you are not crying reading only this...i could not find the report in barca site and also goal.com did not provide any link...so please give me the original link

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:01 pm

Probably they were fast enough to take it down fast.
It was reported to other sites too, not just goal.
in any case i don't see why someone would fabricate this, and even if they did I would expect an official statement to counter it
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:26 pm

billy_gr wrote:Probably they were fast enough to take it down fast.
It was reported to other sites too, not just goal.
in any case i don't see why someone would fabricate this, and even if they did I would expect an official statement to counter it

And there you go ....  :coffee: 

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:30 pm

shouldn't have allowed it in the first place.... anyway, carry on
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:58 pm

Well said pretty much by windkick...its jsut so strange to see him play for Chelsea now.... oh well, some are lucky some are not, who knows he may well be very successful in Chelsea. I think he deserves better since he always gives his best and has balls at least, another one of those that just didnt fit Barca in the end Sad
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:27 am

Mourinho wrote:"He can play as a No.8 or No.10, plus the fact he has experience in the Premier League,"

"He is not on the foreign list, as he counts as a homegrown player, which was important and he is not on the foreign list for the Champions League either. They were important factors.

"I see him everywhere because he can play everywhere. His best quality is the speed where he analyses the game and executes. He is difficult to shake off the ball or make the wrong decision.

"He can accelerate the intensity of the game or he can reduce it. He's very intelligent. And he has goals. He is the missing piece."

Funny how the two schools of football think of Fàbregas completely differently.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:06 pm

Cesc has those qualities, when he has time on the ball. When actually pressured, it all vanishes.

He can play as an 8, in the wide open PL. In the more cerebral La Liga, you saw what happened.

He can analyse the game and make passes and decisions. When he has time to make them. Pressure him and make him put his head down and look at the ball, he will give it away because he cant escape.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:03 am

I agree and I also think the change of styles help Fàbregas in EPL too. As soon as so he receives the ball in midfield there will be 2, 3 players making runs and he can deliver some dangerous balls. In Barcelona players rarely run away from the ball Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:54 pm

I never thought a change in team style would completely turn a player around so drastically. Yesterday he made his début for Chelsea and he played better than his best match in a Barcelona shirt in 3 years!

He was misused at Barça and never fit their style of play. But if anyone doubted his class, yesterday proved he is a top player. A joy to watch.

PS I understand it was against a scrub team but still Wink
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:11 pm

Can't wait for more knee-jerking when he does well against scrubs like Burnley.

Hype him up when he does well in the CL when it actually matters.

That being said, he's a good player and he'll do well in the PL where he belongs. Just glad he's far away from Barca.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:00 pm

I dont have anything new to say. He can do these things against the clueless midfields the EPL serve up easily, but La Liga, and especially Barca is a different matter.

Its his own fault for leaving when he did, at that young age he didnt finish his development and went to the PL and learnt alot of useless (for Barca) things and forgot alot of useful things.

The fact he lead the team in distance covered and still somehow managed to go missing on the field says it all really.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:11 pm

I'm not going to call it a premature claim, because he's had one good match, but it can't be solely down to "EPL's clueless midfield". He was totally different. I mean he went from a lost lamb to a world class player who practically ran the show on Monday. The same clueless midfields that have been causing Barcelona problems in Champions League year after year? I don't think so.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:18 pm

What midfield's?

If you mean Chelsea? Then thats not midfield, thats 11 men behind the ball.

Certainly not Burnley?

He was different because Chelsea play different and ask different things from him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:40 pm

Also can someone change the name of this thread

Makes me sick
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:10 pm

I rather talk about teams rather than midfields. Barcelona struggled against those teams, be it Chelsea, Celtic or City...be it 11 men behind the ball or not. Why you struggled against them is well documented. What do you exactly mean by "clueless midfield"?

I think someone like Fàbregas with the current Chelsea set up can show he is made to play against defensive teams. After all, back when he was at Arsenal every team would line up with 11 men behind the ball and he still would find those assists week in week out. He will have his time on the ball and he can pick his pass.

Verdict will of course be held until we'll see how he will do against the big guns. But that was a promising showing last night although against a very poor side.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:44 am

I don't remember struggling against City at all. IIRC we had that game under our control. In fact it was in that game that the 4 midfielder system worked so well Martino didn't go back to the standard 433 until it was too late.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:49 am

please can we not act as if Cesc handed Chelsea the title already?
Thanks
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:03 am

Because teams like Burnley leaves spaces everywhere Dany, they lack the organisation and in some cases fundamental gameplan.

As for the teams you mentioned in relation to Barca, Chelsea is the only team I can think of. City did nothing, we controlled the game. Celtic did well too but look how many times we played them...if you play any defensive minded team often, it will get harder as they figure out more. Man Utd struggled with Celtic some years ago, it wasnt really a reflection on them either.

Lets see what Cesc will do vs the best teams because going all the way back to his later Arsenal days thats where he struggled the most. I think Chelsea will play a 3 man midfield so he wont be a 10, therefore he will see best how he navigates the pressure and most importantly how he controls games.

Dont think anyone is saying he cant do well for Chelsea, I am quite sure he will...but noone said otherwise. All that was said was that he could never do it for Barca, which in the end is all I really care about.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:23 am

Who cares about Judas anyway. Not our player anymore. Never fit the profile of a player we needed. Anybody with the slightest clue could have told you that.

He fits the EPL well. Glad to see an end of people moaning about us not "using him properly".
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next