BiasedMilanFan3
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Ganso
EarlyPrototype
M99
49 posters

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

The Official Assassin's Creed Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Assassin's Creed Thread

Post by danyjr Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:41 pm

Myesyats wrote:Origins or Odyssey? Which one's better?

I played a little bit and i'm not a fan of either but i'm willing to buy one if on sale. Definitely going to buy Vikings in 2020 however.
They are very similar games so it depends on which settings you prefer. If you like Egypt like I do definitely go for Origins. If you like Greek history, Odyssey is your game.

I would say Odyssey had a better story but the game world was very large with lots of XP requirements having to do mundane things to level up for the main campaign. And those mercenary bounty hunters can go fuck themselves. Prepare to fight them every 5 minutes only for another one to replace them and chase you afterwards, or sometimes at the same time. Freaking bleeps.

danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

The Official Assassin's Creed Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Assassin's Creed Thread

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:49 pm

Myesyats wrote:Origins or Odyssey? Which one's better?

Now that I have had time to play both of them, I can honestly say that I prefer Odyssey by far.

I guess it all comes down to the story line and whether you prefer to play in Ancient Greece (Odyssey) or Ancient Egypt (Origins). To me, it's not even a debate, Greece wins hands down.

Other than that, I thought Origins was unplayable. I would spend easily 6 to 10 min fighting the same dude because my weapon is not strong enough to kill them sooner. And I'm not talking about real head breakers here, just your regular soldier of the lowest level. As for the bosses, forget about it, be prepared to spend at least 30 min trying to kill them, and you have to be careful not to get hit (not even once), otherwise you'll either die or lose 90% of your lifespan with a single swing of their sword. It's way too difficult in combat, I thought.

For Odyssey, it's a different story. The landscape is sublime (so if you happen to be just like me and prefer cooler and greener landscapes over the scorching, red desert you might wanna go for Odyssey instead of Origins). Plus, it's easier killing soldiers in Odyssey and they give you enough time to improve your weapons and skills as the story line develops.

Now, I'm at level 20. I can easily get my ass kicked by 30+ level soldiers, but those of my level and below have absolutely no chance Laughing

So yeah, Odyssey all the way.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:52 pm

The Erymanthian Boar in Odyssey is royally kicking my ass. I had no problem killing all the other bosses in The Goddesses' Hunt quest, but this effing boar is by far the toughest one to break.

I'll keep trying, but I honestly think my chances of killing it are very, very slim. What a pain in the ass, my god!

EDIT: killed the fcker finally! My oh my, without a doubt the toughest opponent I have had to face so far in Odyssey (and this is coming from a guy who kills touch soldiers and 50-level mercenaries for fun).
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:00 pm

There was a reveal, in coordination with BossLogic, earlier today live on youtube of Assassin's Creed Ragnarok. You can catch it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2aoke5icgk

Already looks amazing.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:22 pm

As a massive Vikings fan and big AC fan, this is just perfect in every way

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:23 pm

Confirmed: Assassin's Creed Valhalla will be the next title of the series.

Trailer premieres in 16 hours from now:

Vikings and Norse mythology; it really doesn't get better than that.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:16 am

Hopefully a return to form after the very average Odyssey.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:06 am

I'll let your unbelievably unfair characterization of Odyssey slide this time, Mole. And for the sake of free speech, I'll refrain from sending you a death squad to murder you in your sleep.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:44 am

Depends if you prefer the Egyptian setting or Greek. I preferred the former hands down.

I don't think Odyssey was of a lower quality than Origin, but it was too much of a clone and the world was too big with lots of unnecessary and repetitive padding. By the time I 100%'d Origins and went to Odyssey I was exhausted after 20 hours. Haven't touched it since even though I liked Cassandra's character and the story seemed interesting.

But that is Ubisoft's philosophy of quantity > quality. They rather make a big world solely for the sake of its size with 200 bland computer-generated areas with uninspiring fetch quests. It might be okay the first time round but when you clone this game and sell it with another skin a year later, it kinda gets tedious. Rather they concentrated their efforts and all those voice acted hours for those 200 on 20 distinctive areas with memorable quests and characters like CDPR or Rockstar do.

EDIT: Also the whole MTX with the XP boost was very naughty on Ubisoft's part.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:00 pm

According to some leaks I've read a while back, the map is gonna be even bigger than Odyssey...apart from Scandinavia there's gonna be parts of UK and France from what I remember.

Trust Ubisoft to put one million question marks with the same repetitive things strewn around. Hope I'm wrong but that was their idea with Odyssey, just double down from Origins and quadruple the same content.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:00 pm

Hope they cut the buying XP to level bullshit, I'm not going to spend 150 hours doing useless side missions.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:04 pm

M99 wrote:According to some leaks I've read a while back, the map is gonna be even bigger than Odyssey...apart from Scandinavia there's gonna be parts of UK and France from what I remember.

Trust Ubisoft to put one million question marks with the same repetitive things strewn around. Hope I'm wrong but that was their idea with Odyssey, just double down from Origins and quadruple the same content.
Allow. Good thing it ain't coming to Steam so I can just ignore this game happened.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:15 pm

danyjr wrote:Depends if you prefer the Egyptian setting or Greek. I preferred the former hands down.

I don't think Odyssey was of a lower quality than Origin, but it was too much of a clone and the world was too big with lots of unnecessary and repetitive padding. By the time I 100%'d Origins and went to Odyssey I was exhausted after 20 hours. Haven't touched it since even though I liked Cassandra's character and the story seemed interesting.

But that is Ubisoft's philosophy of quantity > quality. They rather make a big world solely for the sake of its size with 200 bland computer-generated areas with uninspiring fetch quests. It might be okay the first time round but when you clone this game and sell it with another skin a year later, it kinda gets tedious. Rather they concentrated their efforts and all those voice acted hours for those 200 on 20 distinctive areas with memorable quests and characters like CDPR or Rockstar do.

EDIT: Also the whole MTX with the XP boost was very naughty on Ubisoft's part.

It wasn't just the map, but that is a major difference granted.

I found almost everything it did to be a worse version of Origins, the story and characters were worse as was the enemies that hunt you in the world.

But most of all i found Greece boring, it was just Mountains, Forest etc etc aka the most generic environments in games as i see a dozen games every year with similar environments.

I know people disagree but that was my experience, but I'm confident I'll like this one. It's made by the same team as Origins and Black Flag which are my favourite ACs post Ezio stuff.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:03 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:the enemies that hunt you in the world.
That's basically what pushed me off the edge with Odyssey. You kill one, and two others gang up on you at the same time. Got lucky and killed those two also? Wait another 5 minutes and another one shows up.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:34 pm

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-04-30-assassins-creed-valhalla-reshapes-the-series-rpg-storytelling-by-giving-you-a-viking-settlement
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:47 pm

The trailer looks so badass, and so does the assassin.

The mountain was killed very soon though.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:55 pm

The Official Assassin's Creed Thread - Page 21 Img_2020

Hype
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:57 pm

Only an Assassin's Creed in the title.

This game has got nothing to do with being an assassin.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:02 pm

True but that hasn't been the case since Unity if we're being honest Laughing

It's ironic, the game that portrays playing as an Assassin the best is the game everyone seems to hate.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:52 pm

danyjr wrote:Only an Assassin's Creed in the title.

This game has got nothing to do with being an assassin.

You're not even excited that the hidden blade is back?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:53 pm

I'm fine with the move away from stealth honestly. It's never been my forte anyway. I've always had more of a historical interest in the AC games than anything else. The Dark ages are a bit of a historical black hole of semi-legendary/mythic figures so that makes this game less interesting to me historically, but a lot more interesting as purely just a video game.

Ubisoft haven't let me down with the gameplay yet so I'm in. Day 1.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:39 pm

Looks incredible tbh

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:44 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:You're not even excited that the hidden blade is back?
You'll probably use the blade 1% of the time. So no Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:56 pm

The Official Assassin's Creed Thread - Page 21 20200410

Ignoring the usual PR fluff from all that, the no levels thing is quite interesting hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:09 pm

I was considering getting the next iteration in this series, despite not having played any of the previous Assassin’s Creed games. I’m more convinced that now’s a good time to play one, seeing that it includes Norwegian vikings hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:53 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:The Official Assassin's Creed Thread - Page 21 20200410

Ignoring the usual PR fluff from all that, the no levels thing is quite interesting hmm

Good. The level scaling in Odyssey was the worst part of the game for me. There was no feeling of progression like Dark Souls or Witcher when you level up your character because everyone else around you levelled up too and you're back to grinding out killing enemies for 20 minutes to capture a fort.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next