BiasedMilanFan3
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Ganso
EarlyPrototype
M99
49 posters

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next

Go down

The Official Assassin's Creed Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Assassin's Creed Thread

Post by Bellabong Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:50 am

The Official Assassin's Creed Thread - Page 9 8HDUFSM

Laughing

Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Assassin's Creed Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Assassin's Creed Thread

Post by Dante Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:34 pm

My 6 year old pc can't handle this game , i haven't even bothered to save for it Sad

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:50 pm

Never had any gamebraking issues with the game. Had a few framerate issues at launch but the patch fixed it the next day.

Still Ubisoft is at fault for getting average reviews for not releasing a polished game instead of having a few patches ready after tha launch Laughing
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:07 pm

LeVersacci , Ubisoft can release 10 patches to optimise Unity beyond belief , my 3g ram won't magically turn to 6gb that's required , nor my quad core 2.4ghz will become an i5-i7. I can't even buy just these two things , i need a good motherboard to even use these things and quite possibly a tower case for it all not to burn when used . Unless they can patch the game to look and play the same as it would with 600e upgrades , then i can't play it Laughing

Other than that , i fully agree. Obviously some people stick to stereotypes. Ok , a game got out with problems , whoosh. Compare this with the new Civ game , where it's been almost a month and the game has several unresolved issues , you can't even play 1080p in fullscreen ffs .

Unity which is a beast on a whole different scale has practicaly no concerning issues after a couple of days . Worse things have happened than that .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:30 pm

You should know before you got the game that your 6 year old PC wouldn't handle it unless you upgraded it Razz

But yeah Unity's world is huge. Can't believe there's 5000 npc's. Paris felt so alive beacuse of it, especially when you went to places like the parlament & the Eiffel Tower.

My rating: 9.4/10
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:54 pm

How much money would I have to spend to get a PC good enough to handle games and shit

Without forking out on ridiculous fees for over the top features.

Cause my laptop is ancient and if i'm spending money next year on a new PC I might as well not spend 400 quid on something that's no better in many ways

Plan is I get a decent enough PC to play any game that interests me on with mods when I'm bored

And I'll keep my laptop because it works fine and I can move it and shit obviously.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:55 pm

But i knew , i haven't bought the game . I said i didn't even bother to save for it lol

But anyway , Unity is indeed amazing , agreed . I am just mad i can't play it right now and i will have to wait that's all. I have been saving to upgrade the pc and then i will buy it , probably on the cheap by the time i am done with the rig .

I guess i'll be able to play it in the summer
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:17 pm

Question to LeVersa.

Would you trade 2,000 of the NPCs for a smoother experience hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:36 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:How much money would I have to spend to get a PC good enough to handle games and shit

Without forking out on ridiculous fees for over the top features.

Cause my laptop is ancient and if i'm spending money next year on a new PC I might as well not spend 400 quid on something that's no better in many ways

Plan is I get a decent enough PC to play any game that interests me on with mods when I'm bored

And I'll keep my laptop because it works fine and I can move it and shit obviously.

hmm.. last night i spent hours researching about how to procceed with my own rig. I am saving for the upgrades , not yet sure what i will get. Well , it all depends and you must be ready for sacrifises from your behalf , either way . First of all , if you want a gaming pc , do not actually buy a ready made pc , say from your local store. It will be expensive and for the same money , you could build something thrice as good. Laptops are excluded , if you are looking to play games on the pc , you don't get a laptop unless you are filthy rich , therefore this discussion is irrelevant hmm

1. Your budget .
2. Your needs .
3. Your demands .

My plan is to have very high , to ultra settings quality on a game like Unity. I cannot possibly get the best things out there , but neither i would be satisfied with cheap alternatives. So , if you are looking for a rig that is at least as good as the PS4 , you would need around the same money , more or less. If you want better than that , you would need near 700e or more , depends if you are starting from scratch . If you are comfortable with this , then i suggest you go for it , because the value for money is really fair. You won't believe your eyes when you see a really good gaming pc.

Then it's your needs. You may don't need such luxury. If you don't need to play Unity on Ultra , tbh like it was meant to be played , you can assemble quite the cost efficient rig and still be able to enjoy it near high settings . I'd say from 350-400e to 500e , you could create a PC that could handle almost any game without performance issues , although you won't be getting the full eye candy in this case . Note , there's always more , there's always something better out there. Neither with 700-800e you will be getting the best there is. But when that is going to be even better than a PS4 , you won't care either. 1000 rigs or above are luxury stuff and usually only those who have 'this' as a hobby spend so much.

3 , your demands. What do i mean. Your demands can be met with a balance of budget and needs . If you don't need an ultra rig and you're willing to spend near 500e , you will be absolutely satisfied by the result . If you need to keep the budget at check and you also need an ultra rig , then there's a problem. Sacrifices must be made by your behalf.

Either way , you either get 400-500 , or 700+ . Neither is wrong , both are great choices . As long as you create a rig that plays said game faster and makes said game look better than that of a console , it's all good. You don't have to spend unreal money and even if you decide you can spend something more , again it's all good. Neither decision will be less correct , or wrong .

I guess you could create a cheap gaming pc that will absolutely handle a game like Unity , or the new COD , near 400-500e , it really depends if you begin from scratch though . If you need monitors , keyboard , mouse , e.t.c everything , then you will either have to sacrifice quality , or money. You have to choose.

I only have to buy certain parts for my own rig , i don't need to get things like that , therefore i will focus my savings entirely on quality , like getting a CPU worth of 340 e , or Ram near 100e , e.t.c. . Something last.

The last time i did that in September 2008 , i spend 850e to build this PC. 6 years later , it played Assassin's Creed Black Flag to medium to high settings , with some occasional drops in performance in the heavy parts. It didn't look like it does in the PS4 obviously , but it helds pretty well , the difference wasn't that huge to begin with and it was thrice as good looking than the PS3 and Xbox. We're talking about a 6 year old pc here.

If you invest on a quality PC , especially if you get things that are worth it and aren't cheap alternatives , you will never , ever , regret it. To be honest , i don't even need to upgrade , the PC i have is still pretty fast for ordinary use and still handles sooo many games in superb quality. I just want to play next gen and prepare for the next decade . I could wait for at least 2 years more to upgrade , it would be no problem .

So , if you would be willing to invest in a gaming rig that would cost 700e + , the value you would get in the long run is significantly more than saving a few extra bucks . You will probably be forced to spend again in the next 3 years or something like that , in which case you would have paid more and actually got less quality in those 3 years than what you could have got .

All in all , do your research , if you need help just ask here or there and my advice would be. Judge on the long term . A gaming rig which would cost 700-800e might seem to be a luxury , but when that gaming rig holds it's own perfectly in 7 years from now on and will have no issues working 'forever' in any case , trust me , it's well worth it .

It's like paying more or less near 100e a year to have what's best . If you would decide to get less quality in order to save money , well.. cheap quality means you will have to invest again , that is certain. Meaning , on the long run you will have paid more , for less quality all this time. But again , it's entirely possible to build a gaming rig with 500e or so , that will play any next gen game at least as good as the PS4.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:10 pm

Yea thanks I reckon i'll drop 5-600 quid on one some time next year, i'll research some shit beforehand
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:42 pm

np , and remember , the longer you wait , the better . Something better always comes up and sooner than you would expect . So be patient and do your research and it's almost guaranteed you will find the rig that suits you the most and be absolutely satisfied by the result. Note however that if you do begin from scratch , without keyboard-mouse , monitor , e.t.c , you will need more than 500-600 for a gaming rig that handles every next gen game .

500-600 should be just the box , which will be amazing . From there you decide what to do , either drop the quality and get for 600e a full pc , or get the box for that kind of money and spend even more on monitor , keyboard-mouse , sound , e.t.c..
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:16 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Yea thanks I reckon i'll drop 5-600 quid on one some time next year, i'll research some shit beforehand

No need to research that much.

http://www.logicalincrements.com

Anything with a GTX 750Ti and above (The 350 pounds and above options) will be adequate and be on par with consoles and above. It'll run Unity on (1080p) high at cinematic FPS or you can turn down the settings for some pretty decent frame rates.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:54 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Yea thanks I reckon i'll drop 5-600 quid on one some time next year, i'll research some shit beforehand
You gonna game on PC now?

Only game I would play on PC is MMO and other blizzard games.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:23 pm

Phritz, thoughts on steam box?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:48 pm

Just want the option to play games like Skyrim on PC games that suit it more

Single player games you can mod to shit
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:12 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Just want the option to play games like Skyrim on PC games that suit it more

If you haven played modded RTS's RPG's like Fall from Heaven 2 and the countless Elder Scrolls and Fallout mods then you're in for a treat. Third Age: Total War (the Medieval II: Kingdoms to a Middle Earth based total conversion mod) deserves a mention, s*** there's a lot of worthy mods lol.

RealGunner wrote:Phritz, thoughts on steam box?

All depends on game compatibilities and availabilities on the Linux based OS.

Half Life 3 support alone will create need enough demand, add a few more triple AAA titles to the mix and the fact that a hundred pound GPU allows you to release a console looking media center gaming console fully fledged PC at prices directly competing with XBone/PS4 (lets not forget to mention you can build a fat gamecube sized version). It'll have equivalent graphical fidelity or better whilst being the most backwards compatible console. Simply put it's an advertisers wet dream.

Just what can Xbone and PS4 do against the versatility of a PC for the same price?

Because of Win8 people are probably more open than ever to try new operating systems so by all means, and a Linux edition backed by a company like Valve is sure to be a general public friendly release.

Not only that but with techs like DirextX 12 and Mantle, devs will have the same low level hardware access like in consoles; further squeezing value out of the potential 350/400 pound Steam Boxes.

Steam Boxes will have everything going for them; (lets not forget the advantage of steams pricing scheme) whether the general public adopts them or not is up to them.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:25 pm

Had a go at Skyrim modded was very fun indeed

will be doing all that stuff next year Proud
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:16 pm

Phritz wrote:
Tomwin Lannister wrote:Just want the option to play games like Skyrim on PC games that suit it more

If you haven played modded RTS's RPG's like Fall from Heaven 2 and the countless Elder Scrolls and Fallout mods then you're in for a treat. Third Age: Total War (the Medieval II: Kingdoms to a Middle Earth based total conversion mod) deserves a mention, s*** there's a lot of worthy mods lol.

Crusader Kings 2 with Game of Thrones mod is awesome too.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:36 pm

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/11/26/ubisoft-apologizes-for-launch-issues-offers-free-dlc?watch=+main+twitter

That's quite nice of them tbh
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:58 pm

That list of free games is nothing to sniff at either,some quality games there.

Respect to them.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:24 pm

Yup.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:35 pm

The next Assassin's Creed game has been leaked and it's set in Victorian London

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/12/02/assassins-creed-victory-has-been-leaked?watch=+main+twitter

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:36 pm

Lmao already.

The Assassin's Creed Order 1887 hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:47 pm

http://kotaku.com/next-years-big-assassins-creed-is-set-in-victorian-lond-1665343788

Screens here. The description of the video sounds promising and it's actually good that it got leaked so early because it proves the game is developed enough for a full video unlike Unity which had a pre alpha trailer in March and first gameplay in E3. A good development cycle means less of this.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--Mo53R0PC--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/edgifakaqxwbzzzdzfey.jpg
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:01 am

Ubisoft wrote:It is always unfortunate when internal assets, not intended for public consumption, are leaked. And, while we certainly welcome anticipation for all of our upcoming titles, we're disappointed for our fans, and our development team, that this conceptual asset is now public. The team in our Quebec studio has been hard at work on the particular game in question for the past few years, and we're excited to officially unveil what the studio has been working on at a later date. In the meantime, our number one priority is enhancing the experience of Assassin's Creed Unity for players.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:27 am

AC in England , finally . My 2 most anticipated AC settings will follow each other , Paris and London . Great news . Obviously the game looks spectacular , though i guess there will be time later for more info . It kinda makes you feel a little tiny slightly sad for the developers , working years on such a project , they would have liked to present their work in a more appropriate way , also to pleasantly surprise the fans.

Hopefully they pay attention to the recent outrage on Unity . Eye candy is always welcomed , however flawless gaming always comes first. They better ship this one fully optimised and without major issues , regardless of how good-looking they want it to be.

My only concern on AC Victory . Other than that , i seriously cannot fkn wait to play it. There's a chance i will be playing Unity and Victory in quick succession , just like i did with AC 3 and AC4:Black Flag . And muh word , it is beyond awesome having so much new stuff to play when it comes to a series . By the time i get to play Unity , not only it should be flawless and really cheap , i won't even have to wait for the next one .

Having said that , currently it's a miserable pain in the ass i can't play Unity , but oh well , can't have everything can we
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next