Le Samourai
Die Borussen
Mamad
Babun
Mr Nick09
27 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Premier League teams should avoid José Mourinho - Page 5 Empty Re: Premier League teams should avoid José Mourinho

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:37 pm

Mamad wrote:This :

"Premier League teams should avoid José Mourinho"

Is rubbish. end of thread.

The title is provocative and aimed at grabbing the attention of the potential reader, it's not to be taken literally.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Premier League teams should avoid José Mourinho - Page 5 Empty Re: Premier League teams should avoid José Mourinho

Post by Mamad Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:47 pm

Isn't that the point of your article?
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:57 pm

Premier League teams would recieve Jose Mourinho with open arms. doesn't matter if he's short term or long term.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:08 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
Since care is a reciprocal thing I'm going to go ahead and assume he cared about the players he coached.....maybe not so much about the club...but at least the players.

Overall.....you guys are presenting a gross exaggeration of a guy....almost to Caricature level....of a guy who is so ambivalent to everything around him and ruthless to the core that he only services his own desire to win with 0 regard for the desire of those around him.

He has to "care" about the players otherwise they won't work for him on the field and buy into his tactics. I'm not saying he disliked the players he coached, but he definitely puts himself first and there's nothing wrong with that; but I wouldn't want that type of person to coach me. It comes down to opinion and you may feel like my views are exaggerated, but that's why they are my own and not yours.

That's how he has to be in order to get his job done. He's a ruthless coach, you can see that in the teams he has coached. It has gotten the job done, but others have to pay the consequence for his actions (not saying they don't deserve it), after all they are the ones that hired him. But there will always be innocent causalities who suffer from the aftermath. He can't do what he does best without being that ruthless human being, he does what he has to in order to get the results he has attained.

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:32 pm

The reason PL teams should avoid him is because of his shitty character and his thinking of " me me and me "

Classy clubs should stay away from him, hence he can go to tottenham
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:42 pm

THC 10 wrote:
Lord Hades wrote:

mess my ass. of course any team mou leaves will be left with an inferior manager, thats because he is a great manager lol not his fault. that chelsea team reached the finals that year ,were a penalty kick away from winning it all ,pushed united all the way for the pl, deserved to reach the cl final next season too but ovrebo prevented it. and in 2010 they were amazing.. and all this was done when the core players under mou were still at their peak, for 3 more seasons. also if you recall mou didnt leave chelsea ,roman sacked him.

I guess you don't understand what quotation marks mean :facepalm:
That was pulled from the original post...

yeah i know that sherlock, i was just saying why it wasnt in shambles, someone had said that if i recall. but thank you for pointing out the obvious
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:56 pm

Lord Hades wrote: yeah i know that sherlock, i was just saying why it wasnt in shambles, someone had said that if i recall. but thank you for pointing out the obvious

No problem, Watson. The issue is that you're still ignoring this part...

This was not just because they were landed with an inferior manager, but because the team was developed in an unsustainable manner. In just over three years, Mourinho spent over £200 million on 23 players, just four of whom were 21 years old or younger. He sold over ten academy-team products and left an ageing timebomb of a squad."

We're talking about SHORT term success, not sure if you understand what that means. For example, the Chelsea squad is now aging and there is no youth to turn to, over ten academy-team products were sold under Mourinho. Of course they were still successful for a few seasons after his departure; I'm sure if you're understanding what the original post is getting at (hence me being Sherlock Smile)

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:04 pm

THC 10 wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:
Since care is a reciprocal thing I'm going to go ahead and assume he cared about the players he coached.....maybe not so much about the club...but at least the players.

Overall.....you guys are presenting a gross exaggeration of a guy....almost to Caricature level....of a guy who is so ambivalent to everything around him and ruthless to the core that he only services his own desire to win with 0 regard for the desire of those around him.

He has to "care" about the players otherwise they won't work for him on the field and buy into his tactics. I'm not saying he disliked the players he coached, but he definitely puts himself first and there's nothing wrong with that; but I wouldn't want that type of person to coach me. It comes down to opinion and you may feel like my views are exaggerated, but that's why they are my own and not yours.

That's how he has to be in order to get his job done. He's a ruthless coach, you can see that in the teams he has coached. It has gotten the job done, but others have to pay the consequence for his actions (not saying they don't deserve it), after all they are the ones that hired him. But there will always be innocent causalities who suffer from the aftermath. He can't do what he does best without being that ruthless human being, he does what he has to in order to get the results he has attained.

"He has to "care" about the players otherwise they won't work for him on the field"
as far as im concerned every player under mourinho's coaching was happy at least those who were playing. i really cant remember players admire a coach who dont coach them anymore.. sneider, terry...
and you tell me he doesnt care? i dont know what people believe but the players always admired him and
I KNOW all the players of nowdays chelsea who once were coached by him would give everything for mourinho to go back and coach chelsea again.

plus it doesnt need any explanation since winning "short term" titles is not only for him or the club but mostly for the players
so he cares about them by winning things which makes the players happy..
simple isnt it?

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:20 pm

I'm not saying he disliked the players he coached, but he definitely puts himself first and there's nothing wrong with that; but I wouldn't want that type of person to coach me.

My point is that he puts himself first and I'm entitled to that opinion. As far as I'm concerned a team consists of 23+ players, while some might have loved him (hell maybe all of them loved him,) I still think he puts his accolades above the individual players and I'd prefer my coach not be that way. I think of Mourinho as a manipulator and that's what makes him great;, it what allows him to get the best out of his players. It's ok that we don't agree and my opinion is no more valid than your own and vice versa.

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:49 pm

Wow lots of responses to this...too many to read Razz But even if ur right Nick, many clubs would jump for him anyway Razz His publicity alone would attract many owners Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:37 pm

Joke of a thread, joke of a article. Keep up the good work Nick.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:43 pm

The xcx wrote:Joke of a thread, joke of a article. Keep up the good work Nick.

In the thread where people came forth and engaged in a simple discussion trying to put aside their bias? I will keep making this kind of thread as much as i can, thanks. I trust you keep up with the trolling and the senseless posting, you are famous already for that, so keep it up.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:06 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
The xcx wrote:Joke of a thread, joke of a article. Keep up the good work Nick.

In the thread where people came forth and engaged in a simple discussion trying to put aside their bias? I will keep making this kind of thread as much as i can, thanks. I trust you keep up with the trolling and the senseless posting, you are famous already for that, so keep it up.
Trolling, senseless posts? Where do you get those? Yet again you talk rubbish Laughing. you dont know me enough so you just pass your judgement because of 2-3 pointless posts overall of 4k. FYI I DONT TROLLl.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:21 pm

Myth 1:"Mourinho's teams play negative, defensive football"
Mourinho's Porto were the top scorers in Portugal. Mourinho's Chelsea were the top scorers in England. Mourinho's Inter were the top scorers in Italy, and this season, Mourinho's Real Madrid have scored more goals than Barcelona.

Myth 2: "Mourinho only wins with teams with money"
In the last 10 years, the team with the smallest budget to win the CL is FC Porto, managed by Mourinho. Mourinho's Porto team cost less to assemble than Andy Carroll.

Myth 3: "Mourinho is not good enough to stay at a team long term"
After winning everything at Porto, he does what an ambitious manager does and moves to a bigger club. After winning (almost) everything at Chelsea, he is effectively sacked for falling out with the owner. He joins Inter, and wins everything, before joining arguably the biggest club in the world in Real Madrid.

Myth 4: "Mourinho does not know how to build a team"
In the 2007 FA Cup final, in one of Mourinho's last games in charge of the club, the lineup was: Cech*, Terry*, Cole*, Ferreria, Essien*, Mikel*, Lampard*, Drogba*, J.Cole, SWP, Makelele. 4 years and 5 managers later, 7 of the starting 11 (with *) are still considered to be important first team players at the club (who also play the same formation). Not bad for a man who can't build a team.

Of course no manager is perfect, but in a relatively short period of time, Mourinho has become the most successful coach in the history of Chelsea, Porto and arguably Inter Milan, and he went 9 years (NINE YEARS) unbeaten at home in league football.

It's possible that at the end of this season, he would have won league titles in four of the five most competitive leagues in Europe. It's quite likely that we will not across a more successful football manager in our lifetimes. He deserves a bit more respect.

CREDIT: Dafoe
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/jan/23/jose-mourinho-arsene-wenger-madrid-arsenal
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:17 pm

buddytaller wrote:Myth 1:"Mourinho's teams play negative, defensive football"
Mourinho's Porto were the top scorers in Portugal. Mourinho's Chelsea were the top scorers in England. Mourinho's Inter were the top scorers in Italy, and this season, Mourinho's Real Madrid have scored more goals than Barcelona.

Myth 2: "Mourinho only wins with teams with money"
In the last 10 years, the team with the smallest budget to win the CL is FC Porto, managed by Mourinho. Mourinho's Porto team cost less to assemble than Andy Carroll.

Myth 3: "Mourinho is not good enough to stay at a team long term"
After winning everything at Porto, he does what an ambitious manager does and moves to a bigger club. After winning (almost) everything at Chelsea, he is effectively sacked for falling out with the owner. He joins Inter, and wins everything, before joining arguably the biggest club in the world in Real Madrid.

Myth 4: "Mourinho does not know how to build a team"
In the 2007 FA Cup final, in one of Mourinho's last games in charge of the club, the lineup was: Cech*, Terry*, Cole*, Ferreria, Essien*, Mikel*, Lampard*, Drogba*, J.Cole, SWP, Makelele. 4 years and 5 managers later, 7 of the starting 11 (with *) are still considered to be important first team players at the club (who also play the same formation). Not bad for a man who can't build a team.

Of course no manager is perfect, but in a relatively short period of time, Mourinho has become the most successful coach in the history of Chelsea, Porto and arguably Inter Milan, and he went 9 years (NINE YEARS) unbeaten at home in league football.

It's possible that at the end of this season, he would have won league titles in four of the five most competitive leagues in Europe. It's quite likely that we will not across a more successful football manager in our lifetimes. He deserves a bit more respect.

CREDIT: Dafoe
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/jan/23/jose-mourinho-arsene-wenger-madrid-arsenal
+1 post :bow:
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:13 pm

THC 10 wrote:
Lord Hades wrote: yeah i know that sherlock, i was just saying why it wasnt in shambles, someone had said that if i recall. but thank you for pointing out the obvious

No problem, Watson. The issue is that you're still ignoring this part...

This was not just because they were landed with an inferior manager, but because the team was developed in an unsustainable manner. In just over three years, Mourinho spent over £200 million on 23 players, just four of whom were 21 years old or younger. He sold over ten academy-team products and left an ageing timebomb of a squad."

We're talking about SHORT term success, not sure if you understand what that means. For example, the Chelsea squad is now aging and there is no youth to turn to, over ten academy-team products were sold under Mourinho. Of course they were still successful for a few seasons after his departure; I'm sure if you're understanding what the original post is getting at (hence me being Sherlock Smile)

mou left in 07, this is 2012.. whose fault is it that they havent invested or done something about the youth for the past 4 and a half seasons? how do you know that mou wouldnt have slowly ushered in the new generation of chelsea players to replace the old ones?

and no youth to turn onto/ ? lol sturridge, mata,lukaku, a few chelsea players at hamburg, mceachran and a few others are all youth players..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5