dmize
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Albiceleste
Le Samourai
la bestia negra
54 posters

Page 33 of 42 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 37 ... 42  Next

Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 2 - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 2

Post by LeVersacci Tue 13 Aug 2013 - 23:25

Just heard Kendricks part on "Control"

Not worthy ffs Proud

LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 2 - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 2

Post by izzy Tue 13 Aug 2013 - 23:32

... and it begins...
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 1:54

Kendrick blacked out so bad he made a rare Jay Elec verse an afterthought. He killed it too but not compared to Kdot.

Are we ever gonna get a Jay Elec album?! This dude has to have the laziest work ethic ever. And now that he's with a Rothschild that's probably never gonna happen.

edit: and is any rapper going to respond back? I mean he went at everybody and everything. The Molly crowd, the Instragam trend, every new rapper especially Drake, Cole(Pusha obviously aint new though). Imagine if that KONY line gets Nas or Jigga to respond. J Camel wants nothing to do with Kendrick though.

but some replies:

Pusha T:
https://twitter.com/PUSHA_T/status/367129570471706624
Shocked

Chief Keef(lol):
https://twitter.com/ChiefKeef/status/367330695997161472

Joey Badass tried to get all of his NY followers to back him up, he got instant backlash and then backed off

Lupe Fiasco had a bunch of tweets about how "our bars are set so low that we'd need a shovel to reach it" for being impressed.

Even Phil Jackson responded: @kendricklamar "it’s okay to be cocky and sure, but we all need somebody to lean on. Let’s just call it mentoring." Laughing

It's about to get real in hip-hop, and that's exactly what this genre needs now. New rappers don't go at each other anymore.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 18:28

Exactly what hip hop needed. Kendrick is exceeding my expectations ffs.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 18:37

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 18:49

I personally don't find all this hype to be justified (but that's just me). Not saying Kendrick didn't go in, I just refuse to agree that his verse is going to bring back "hip-hop". While I enjoyed battles from back in the day, I think the genre needs artists who aren't so quick to sell out for a quick buck.

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 19:34

I agree, but I think kendrick pissed people off with the king of new york comment, and so a lot of people are gonna put effort into putting out some real shit in response. I dunno if hip hop needed beefs, but a lot of rappers needed a kick in the ass to sit down and think out something to compete with kendrick, rather than make pop and make money.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 20:04

K.Dot!!!!!!!!!
Yo man that verse is fire! Plus Jay Electronica's verse is also very good.

Y'all heard Lupe's new tracks SLR2 and #DopeFrancis. Love the former atm.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 23:36

Not even so much as beefs go, but the fact that it's gonna force a lotta rappers to step their game up lyrically. He made a direct challenge. I guarantee many rappers already rewrote verses. Competition brings out the best. And with the amount of response tracks it's gotten already(which I still haven't heard, bout to check them all out) shows quite a few rappers took offense.

Last edited by dmize on Thu 15 Aug 2013 - 2:20; edited 2 times in total
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 23:44

Oh sh t, Kdot brought out a ridiculous freestyle from Cassidy Shocked
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu 15 Aug 2013 - 17:47

I don't follow this thread so sorry if this is a repost but I f*cking love this song.

rofl
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri 16 Aug 2013 - 5:00

Over-rated verse, it was great but people are acting like its the greatest verse of all time.. All of the rappers he mentioned (and many more) can spit hot verses and they do, but that doesn't sell.. A few 'come back' tracks won't change the game IMO

He wasn't even being disrespectful or calling anybody out, he's just saying he wants to be the best.. Many people say that in their verses, I don't see what the big deal is
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri 16 Aug 2013 - 5:14

Yeah he wasn't dissing anybody yet 17+ rappers felt the need to respond. Saying King of NY which was BIGs title clearly got NY rappers pissed.

feelings were caught.

I haven't seen anyone say it's the best verse of all time, that's crazy. And it's not on the level of Ether either.

But it's a crazy verse with some controversy and that will improve the quality of hip-hop imo. Competition brings out the best. Like Lupe going at Kendrick, who doesn't want to hear an on-point Lupe. I still haven't heard Joell Ortiz response but I heard it's great.

edit: and I love most of the rappers he listed but they really couldn't spit a better verse.

Last edited by dmize on Fri 16 Aug 2013 - 5:20; edited 1 time in total
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri 16 Aug 2013 - 5:16

The rappers responding are just trying to catch a wave and get some lime light
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri 16 Aug 2013 - 5:21

Yeah Lupe Fiasco's dying to catch that limelight

That's the complete opposite of his persona lol
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Aug 2013 - 5:27

Damn! Kendrick even got a battle started on Goal Legacy *respect*

P.S. I'm the king of GL (come at me)

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri 16 Aug 2013 - 5:34

dmize wrote:Yeah Lupe Fiasco's dying to catch that limelight

That's the complete opposite of his persona lol
His buzz has died out though, you never know.. He didn't even go over the control beat though
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri 16 Aug 2013 - 5:34

ranDOM 10 wrote:Damn! Kendrick even got a battle started on Goal Legacy *respect*

Clubber

I'm just listening to some responses and quite a few are dope, even got J Hood to respond.

B.O.B. and Joell Ortiz also responded which I still havent heard Ortizs I heards its good.

I'm really hoping Jay-z responds at some point. Then gets destroyed.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri 16 Aug 2013 - 5:37

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri 16 Aug 2013 - 5:43

dmize wrote:
ranDOM 10 wrote:Damn! Kendrick even got a battle started on Goal Legacy *respect*

Clubber

I'm just listening to some responses and quite a few are dope, even got J Hood to respond.

B.O.B. and Joell Ortiz also responded which I still havent heard Ortizs I heards its good.

I'm really hoping Jay-z responds at some point. Then gets destroyed.
Not sure if serious

LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri 16 Aug 2013 - 5:52

I suggest you 'tread lightly' :coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri 16 Aug 2013 - 5:53

rofl 

LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri 16 Aug 2013 - 14:53

Swagg wrote:
Not sure if serious

Thinking a 50 year old past his prime MC could battle Kendrick... I know not serious

Started my day off with the laugh though Laughing

I mean Cam'ron destroyed the guy ffs
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri 16 Aug 2013 - 15:28

My god, dmize suggesting a Kendrick with zero experience of rap battling could destroy Jay-Z who has destroyed more proven rappers in his time rofl

Don't get fooled, just becouse his latest work has been sub-par doesn't mean he still doesn't have it in him. It just means he knows he is at the top and whatever he puts out will sell anyway. There is zero motivation left in top rappers becouse they dont need it to sell anymore...

The hip hop knowledge on this forum is laughable rofl Arguably the GOAT of rap getting destroyed by Kendrick lmao rofl
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Aug 2013 - 15:44

Se7en...pls go

Timeline after "Control" hit the radio...

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2013/08/a-timeline-of-responses-to-kendrick-lamars-control-verse/

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Fri 16 Aug 2013 - 17:37

Laughing at hip hop knowledge than calling Jay Z the GOAT when he's been putting out subpar material for close to ten years now... Irony at its best.

Jay Z was great, and isn't these days. Kendrick is an up and comer who has put out a top album and many top verses. The guard changes, that's the way of life. I wouldn't expect Big Daddy Kane or Warren G to kill Kendrick in a battle right now either, but if you're a casual enough fan to call Jay Z the greatest ever you probably don't even know those names...

Tl;dr: pls go.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 42 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 37 ... 42  Next