Ganso
pUsHa
McLewis
MJ
37 posters

Page 8 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next

Go down

Who did you choose as Male Shepard?

Mass Effect Thread  - Page 8 Vote_lcap28%Mass Effect Thread  - Page 8 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 5 ]
Mass Effect Thread  - Page 8 Vote_lcap17%Mass Effect Thread  - Page 8 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 3 ]
Mass Effect Thread  - Page 8 Vote_lcap28%Mass Effect Thread  - Page 8 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 5 ]
Mass Effect Thread  - Page 8 Vote_lcap17%Mass Effect Thread  - Page 8 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 3 ]
Mass Effect Thread  - Page 8 Vote_lcap10%Mass Effect Thread  - Page 8 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 18

Mass Effect Thread  - Page 8 Empty Re: Mass Effect Thread

Post by MJ Thu 22 Mar - 12:12

pUsHa wrote:The Ending is the most retarded thing to happen to the gaming comunity ... plotholes and no common sense ...

Nobody is bitchng for *bleep* sake ... Bioware promised us to give us lots of ending were our decisions matter and not something like A B C .... this was said by Casey Hudson ... guess what happened . BioWare is going down if they dont fix this sh1t ... Dragon Age 2 sucked ballz , retarded me3 ending ... and SWTORS is losing subscribers ...

Pissed off fans like these make me not want to finish the damned thing lol

MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Thu 22 Mar - 12:27

It was one of the most amazing gaming experiences I've ever had until I reached the last 10 minutes ....

Even if The Indoctrination Theory is wrong it's the only thing that makes sense to begin with ...

This ending has ruined all the replayability for me ... I can't even play another game now , this hurts me ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu 22 Mar - 14:04

Se7en wrote:
i still think the critique is stupid and it was a excellent way to end the series... they should have stood by the "deal with it" attitude but they just realized a great way to earn money

You're saying an excellent way to end a series is to break the whole plotline of the ME universe? That critiquing terrible writing is stupid?

This isn't about whether the outcome is bad or not, whether it's a good or bad thing about our choices throughout the games not mattering.

Bioware simply has to change the ending to protect their artistic integrity. Anyone with half a brain would notice the horrendus writing at the end of the game, and since you probably tl:dr'ed my previous comments about how the ending goes against the thematics of the game, à la aliens help Frodo destroy the ring because I thought you would've noticed the logical fallacies yourself let me make it easy and put the basics in a simple list:

Spoiler:

You can happy with the ending if you want seven. Doesn't change the fact that it displays literal incompetency by the writers from Shepard waking up to very end of pick what colour you want to destroy the galaxy with scene. It's not just that the consequences of the one ending in game are catastrophic. It's because the ending was written shittely and poorly thought out to the point where the ending simply to have not happened makes more sense than the ending that's currently written in.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sat 24 Mar - 18:47

After all the cinematic buildup to the ending, and I know everyone and their mother has said this by now, it let me down. I don't think I'm as angry as some people are, as to an extent I suppose it was 'artistic,' but I just kind of sat back like 'uhh, okay then' when it was over. Too much depression/finality to the situation, and not nearly enough epicness for a Mass Effect ending. Plus, there is the small matter of the numerous plot holes.
Spoiler:

I liked the rest of the game enough to say it was still a great game, but I don't think I will play it again until the ending changes. I really wish I had never read about how people hated the ending before I finished it though; I think it kind of hurt my overall experience expecting to be upset.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Sun 25 Mar - 2:07

McLewis wrote:Just saw Miranda for the first time in this game when she meets Shepard on the Citadel......DAYUMMMMMM!

Dem curves.......

Brunette Yvonne Strahovski :bow: :bow: :bow:
You'll be disappointed when it comes to the banging part I tell you. lol
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun 25 Mar - 6:18

Jack Daniels wrote:
McLewis wrote:Just saw Miranda for the first time in this game when she meets Shepard on the Citadel......DAYUMMMMMM!

Dem curves.......

Brunette Yvonne Strahovski :bow: :bow: :bow:
You'll be disappointed when it comes to the banging part I tell you. lol

Matters not an iota to me. Was just content to look at her. Kinda like with Catwoman and Poison Ivy in Arkham City. Those segments of the game took me far longer than usual...for obvious reasons Afro
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun 25 Mar - 12:18

As I've grown older and encumbered with more and more activities. Time for me is more and more of a constraint than a luxury. I am actually an avid fan of gaming despite finding little time to play and not playing as much as I'd like (should) be playing.

But...there are few games that I reserve my time for no matter what. There are those games that you play, you enjoy, than you forget about, and you learn little from those 7/10-/8/10 scored type games. But than there are those game of the year type games or series. Series for me like Splinter Cell, Metal Gear Solid, FF, etc etc. Those games so richly detailed and worked so hard on that immerses you into them. Those games that you learn from whether its your motor skills or anything other aspect you can name me. Games that are worth the time. Games like Mass Effect.

I am so dedicated to this game; when playing it 2007 and ending it with perfection by doing every quest, every dialog, searching every nook and cranny. And than my 360 HDD was corrupted and thus while making the choice between playing the new ME2 without any previous history, it DID NOT feel right. So I started ME1 again and with the same dedication I put into the first one. And I still enjoyed every bit of it. Few games, can do that for you.

I continued right after ME1 into ME2 just 6 months ago (yes, it took me that long to finish it). It felt like a completely different game. I cannot express the amazement you experience within a game when you play the sequel right after ending the predecessor. It made ME1 to me completely outdated (despite the latter having better RPG elements).

I absolutely adored the new feel and graphical prowess to the game and its detail. It.was.stunning and felt like nothing before.

I just ended ME2 3 days ago.... and if it wasn't for the MGS series, I might just call it the best game of all time.

Few games...I immerse myself into whether its time or the whole game (characters, story and its universe). If your wondering, I chose soldier (and default male shepard for both) for both of them and played like a White Night given my naturally gold hearted tendencies despite how some may perceive me how I treat women or in general. Its tempting to go the Renegade route, but the paragon route also has its merits.

I finished the last battle with everyone saved (and non-party members) and full paragon without knowing the consequence of my each action. Few times I actually care for a character and especially in a game. I immersed myself so much that I felt the weight of my actions and even had some emotional outcome within myself from some of the more intense scenes.

The last battle and its ending was just stellar. The incredible suicide mission music and how the whole sequences were directed with sheer tension, it just enraptured me into a universe I even consider better than Star Wars (yes, i said that).

I absolutely loved ME2 and couldn't help shed a tear near the end either from emotion or the intensity.

What.a.game.

I just started ME3 and ended with the beginning reaper sequence....and you probably know the rest. ME3 just makes ME2 rendered obsolete. This might just be the best game ever that I'm about to play. The backdrops and how smooth and accessible the gameplay is almost tenfold above ME3 along with how the cut scene direction is so much more impactful and piercing than the previous games. I may not have to much time to play, but I hope I can play without actually losing touch on the story and characters.

I absolutely LOVE this series. I hope to god there will be an ME4. I don't like myself to attached so deeply to games lol. Only this forum knows how immersed I am into this series. Its... out of character lol.

(I hope no one I know sees this)

P.S: I banged Liara and saved Ashley along with banging the lovely Miranda from ME1 to ME2.

Until then, I hope all of you love this series as much as I do.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Sun 25 Mar - 13:42

@Arq I hope you can enjoy it fully , despite whatever happens !
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sun 25 Mar - 18:10

In light of Arq's comment, I looked up the ending of ME2 again for a reminder of just how epic it was. I found a video of what happens if you do everything wrong. I'm sure some of you have already seen it, but I found it pretty interesting:

The funny part is that my friend who played this game almost had as bad of an ending without even trying to screw up Laughing, his decisions were absurd; I will never trust him with my life!
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon 26 Mar - 4:39

This is my favorite gaming series of all time and I agree with Arq, I've yet to finish ME3 and I'm not compelled to based on the feedback on the endings and the hype about new ones coming out. This is supposed to be Shepard's final appearance in this game, I really hope that that doesn't mean the end of the Mass Effect series in its entirety.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon 26 Mar - 5:05

Finished the game but was dissapointed way they handled with game overall and the ending was facepalm worthy...Mass effect 2 is still king on the hill.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon 26 Mar - 5:20

I'll just post another post i made on Barcaforum here, i'm too livid to type it again.

Screw EA and Screw BioWare. Having played the first 2 games I was looking foward to the third, then I heard about how your past decisions didn't matter and how bad the ending was. To avoid wasting money, I borrowed the game from a mate of mine who was so dissollusioned(sp?) with the game in general, that he couldn't even play the rest of the games again. I got to the end fine, wondering what the hell people were complaining, then I saw the scene the video posted earlier shown, and I died inside. It was so bloody depressing, I could not believe what i was seeing. Spolier warning

Spoiler:

What happens to everyone else like Kelly Chambers(my love interest from ME2)? They totally ignored every decision that you made in previous games and gave a middle finger to the fans.

Spoiler:

Also, to make matters worse, they copied the ending from Deus ex 1 with the choices they gave you.

Spoiler:

Bioware is a disgrace

Thank God I didn't spend money on this game, The Witcher 2 is coming out on the 17th of April, that will make up with this debacle.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon 26 Mar - 5:26

Bioware is just lazy, the way they made Talis face was a joke for eg. Pure laziness.
Not mad tho, Risen 2 will shit all over Biowares recent failures.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon 26 Mar - 6:08

The ending won't change my mind that the gameplay of ME3 is way better than it's predecessors even though I get the feeling I'm gonna rage.

Things BioWare need to rectify in their upcoming release of extra content to appease the fans:
THE WAY WE F****** SEE TALI'S FACE. HALF-ASSED LAZINESS.
The ending apparently.

anyone care to add on?
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon 26 Mar - 6:25

Oh my goodness the epic hipster rage is back.

I guess none of the players here realize ME2 and 3 have VARIOUS endings based on your decisions. Want proof? Just you tube all the different endings and cease to complain about your ending which obviously is by your own cause.

And all the whining about relationships? LMAO

I'm sure Bioware were thinking how important it must be to re-live a relationship with the empty and shallow character Kelly chambers who has literally nothing to do with the story.

Tali's face? I guess they should have shown what is inside the briefcase at the end of Pulp Fiction no? I only see young fanboys with this reasoning and lack of understanding of how character direction is supposed to be handled.

If you want sex scenes and "better story", go play Witcher 2 or risen 2 or all that other fantasy crap with outdated gamplay and half assed dialogue that caters to the young and senseless gamers.

Mass effect has rendered that obsolete.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon 26 Mar - 6:41

Arquitecto wrote:Oh my goodness the epic hipster rage is back.

I guess none of the players here realize ME2 and 3 have VARIOUS endings based on your decisions. Want proof? Just you tube all the different endings and cease to complain about your ending which obviously is by your own cause.

I'm sure Bioware were thinking how important it must be to re-live a relationship with the empty and shallow character Kelly chambers who has literally nothing to do with the story.

Tali's face? I guess they should have shown what is inside the briefcase at the end of Pulp Fiction no? I only see young fanboys with this reasoning and lack of understanding of how character direction is supposed to be handled.

If you want sex scenes and "better story", go play Witcher 2 or risen 2 or all that other fantasy crap with outdated gamplay and half assed dialogue that caters to the young and senseless gamers.

Laughing
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon 26 Mar - 6:44

The xcx wrote:

Laughing

That doesn't really work anymore. Seriously. Your single emoticon response just signifies how you can't respond with a intelligent response. Getting old now.

Or should I just post more fantasy sex scenes for you?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon 26 Mar - 6:46

Arquitecto wrote:
The xcx wrote:

Laughing

That doesn't really work anymore. Seriously. Your single emoticon response just signifies how you can't respond with a intelligent response. Getting old now.

Or should I just post more fantasy sex scenes for you?
what? whats wrong with you?....Ur clearly mad, calm down.
Also has anyone mentioned the OST used by ME3, yet again dissapointing. Smile
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon 26 Mar - 6:49

I'm not a pre-pubescent horny fanboy looking for fap material. I am genuinely appalled at the lack of consideration taken into showing her face how they did. It's not so much the way it looks as it is the decision not to show it on a character model and to use a stock photo of all things rather than create their own design or auditioning model for the role. It was just shocking especially when they scan Jessica Chobot into the game but refuse to give proper closure to that angle of the game. They would have been better off not showing it at all rather than that way. Slap in the face, no way around it.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon 26 Mar - 7:06

ME fanboy alert, I thought they went extinct after the ending debacle?

We dont play the games for the sex or whatever, but because ME had a reputation of being a game where your decisions from previous games mattered, i.e. going down the Paragon or Renegade route, whether you killed a particular person in a previous ME, who your in a relationship with etc..

In fact, ME is the stick people have used to beat Skyrim with, saying that Skyrim should implement its romance system and its consequence system, i.e. decsions you make hav a far reaching effect. Now that BioWare seemed to have destroyed the very things that made the game better then Skyrim, there goes that argument.

Witcher 2 and Risen 2 have crap gameplay and dialogue?

Mother of god....... :facepalm:
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon 26 Mar - 7:47

I find it funny how people keep mentioning your past relationships don't matter, here let me inform you

Spoiler:

Agree 100% Arq.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon 26 Mar - 8:04

Agree with Arq completely!

ME is a memorable ride with so many great moment, something I rarely get out of games anymore.
Sure there are flaws in the whole series but they are outweighed by what the game has accomplished. It’s so easy to point out the negative but forget all the positives.

- Great combat system, really improved and on par with the best in genre GOW3. I don’t see anyone talked about it. Weight system introduced, RPG fans should be happy about it.

- Great character interaction, party banter, back and forward is way better than ME2. In ME2 until some point all you could hear from Garrus is gun calibration, and visiting your squad seemed like a chore. In ME3, I love that little chat Sheppard has after every mission, there are always something funny, interesting or insightful.

- Great atmosphere & lots of memorable moment, I would trade the whole ME2 game for those moment with Thane
Spoiler:
, Mordin, Legion
Spoiler:
, Liara ( time capsule, memory land), Tali, Garrus ( Citadel shooting contest),
Spoiler:
, the creepy details of
Spoiler:
. I choked up quite a bit so I guess that counts for something.

- Complication & consequence of paragon & renegade choices, you might not notice but ME3 really shows how costly it is if Shepard tried to be goody all the time
Spoiler:
. To get the best preparation i.e. highest war asset ( only matter if you don’t have MP) you need to make lots of tough decision, unlike ME2 where paragon will always come good in the end.

- Decision from previous games do count
Spoiler:
and it will add up to the end.

- The ending, you can all hate it but I think it’s ok. Bioware really wants to end it in bittersweet note, in the most artistic way possible. They went with their artistic decision, it works for some and doesn’t for many but that’s their artistic integrity. To suggest them to rewrite the ending to protect their artistic integrity is irony at its best, you don’t refilm Harry Potter ending just because it sucks, take it as how you feel it.

- I saw Phritz and other complaint and it seems like nitpick. These are my only complaints of the game, Bioware is inconsistent with Reaper’s motive & logic, in each games they have different motives and Bioware forgot to tie that deal. “ the created always rebel against the creator”
Spoiler:
. If Arrival DLC count,
Spoiler:
. And Reaper works better as unknown mystical god of horror (Cthulhu ) rather than in your face frontal assault.

I guess I am getting old now but in the end of the day, I thought of Shepard & the co with fond memories and it will be long wait until another game series affect me the way ME did ( Here hoping Gordon Freeman will change that)

Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon 26 Mar - 9:06

I still can't talk about the endings but I stand by my assessment of Tali's face. I really can't see the reasoning behind using a stock photo from gettyimages for one thing. I wouldn't have minded if they hadn't been so lazy about it even though I'd liked to have seen her face on a character model. But really, there's no valid argument for it, at least create a unique image rather than google it. Artistic integrity blah blah blah, what's their endgame then? Create an artistic masterpiece that no one likes or can enjoy? We shouldn't have to curb our tastes to meet BioWare's expectations of our reactions. Of course the creators should have the majority of say in what content they create but that doesn't mean the fans should be stiffed.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon 26 Mar - 9:18

Twoism wrote:Agree with Arq completely!

ME is a memorable ride with so many great moment, something I rarely get out of games anymore.
Sure there are flaws in the whole series but they are outweighed by what the game has accomplished. It’s so easy to point out the negative but forget all the positives.

- Great combat system, really improved and on par with the best in genre GOW3. I don’t see anyone talked about it. Weight system introduced, RPG fans should be happy about it.

- Great character interaction, party banter, back and forward is way better than ME2. In ME2 until some point all you could hear from Garrus is gun calibration, and visiting your squad seemed like a chore. In ME3, I love that little chat Sheppard has after every mission, there are always something funny, interesting or insightful.

- Great atmosphere & lots of memorable moment, I would trade the whole ME2 game for those moment with Thane
Spoiler:
, Mordin, Legion
Spoiler:
, Liara ( time capsule, memory land), Tali, Garrus ( Citadel shooting contest),
Spoiler:
, the creepy details of
Spoiler:
. I choked up quite a bit so I guess that counts for something.

- Complication & consequence of paragon & renegade choices, you might not notice but ME3 really shows how costly it is if Shepard tried to be goody all the time
Spoiler:
. To get the best preparation i.e. highest war asset ( only matter if you don’t have MP) you need to make lots of tough decision, unlike ME2 where paragon will always come good in the end.

- Decision from previous games do count
Spoiler:
and it will add up to the end.

- The ending, you can all hate it but I think it’s ok. Bioware really wants to end it in bittersweet note, in the most artistic way possible. They went with their artistic decision, it works for some and doesn’t for many but that’s their artistic integrity. To suggest them to rewrite the ending to protect their artistic integrity is irony at its best, you don’t refilm Harry Potter ending just because it sucks, take it as how you feel it.

- I saw Phritz and other complaint and it seems like nitpick. These are my only complaints of the game, Bioware is inconsistent with Reaper’s motive & logic, in each games they have different motives and Bioware forgot to tie that deal. “ the created always rebel against the creator”
Spoiler:
. If Arrival DLC count,
Spoiler:
. And Reaper works better as unknown mystical god of horror (Cthulhu ) rather than in your face frontal assault.

I guess I am getting old now but in the end of the day, I thought of Shepard & the co with fond memories and it will be long wait until another game series affect me the way ME did ( Here hoping Gordon Freeman will change that)

Been to lazy to post this myself... But that sums it up. YOUR PAST CHOICES DO MATTER AND DO CHANGE THE ENDING.

The hipster bullshit just went over the line when they really made BioWare change the whole ending.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Mon 26 Mar - 9:22

Me 3 has 3 slightly different endings . Casey Hudson promised us anything but not an A B or C ending ... The endings are terrible full of plotholes .... either its bad writing or start speculating that they are doing something because in no way can they ruin a franchise in 5 minutes . To begin with they should of never went away from their original ending created with Drew Karpshyn .... The Reapers that we feared became toys of a space kid god because you know "SPACE MAGIC". I created syntethics to kill organics from creating synthetics .... god that is horrible on so many levels . Who the hell introduces a new character in the last 5 minutes of the game ? The indoctrination theory is the only thing comforting me right now because it gives their retarded ending a new hope and it actualy fills the enourmous holes Bioware's writing left up in the end ...

All your decision up to now change your EMS going into the last mission and you're not going to go with a 5000+ or 4000 without Multiplayer or cheats . The EMS only changes if I will wake up after the destroy option or if whether the earth will be obliterated or not because that doesnt even matter ... all the mass relays are fked and all the races are stuck on earth ... the quarians and the turians are dextro-dna they are dead . Earth was living off colonies , everybody is doomed . And dont even bring up FTL because its used to cover small distances and requires lots of fuel . Only the Asari have hope that's it .

This ending is not worthy of the Mass Effect franchise ... its not about a bittersweet or happy ending its about giving conclusion to the game and not fuking up everything you worked for up to now in a manner never seen before where a star child tells you whatever and you cant even tell him to go to hell .
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon 26 Mar - 9:32

MJGunner wrote:I still can't talk about the endings but I stand by my assessment of Tali's face. I really can't see the reasoning behind using a stock photo from gettyimages for one thing. I wouldn't have minded if they hadn't been so lazy about it even though I'd liked to have seen her face on a character model. But really, there's no valid argument for it, at least create a unique image rather than google it. Artistic integrity blah blah blah, what's their endgame then? Create an artistic masterpiece that no one likes or can enjoy? We shouldn't have to curb our tastes to meet BioWare's expectations of our reactions. Of course the creators should have the majority of say in what content they create but that doesn't mean the fans should be stiffed.

I'm sorry then if you don't enjoy the game because Tali got her undeserved face presentation. I don't let that detail bothered me, in fact I didn't romance her in my 1st play through so I didn't see it either. If you read the interview way back, their intention was never to reveal her face so they caved in for the fans, and I disagree with it. Something is better left untouched, not because the game designers couldn't do it but anything will be not good enough. Just imagine voice acting for Gordan Freeman or Master Chief w/o helmet.

"No one likes and can enjoy" is pretty big statement since I'm sure lots of people played it and enjoyed it. Like I said before, there are flaws (I put my own complaints there) in game but I was able to overlook them and enjoy the game as a whole, I just wish other fans/players could do the same. Again, just me sharing my opinion, you can enjoy the game however you like.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next