Jamin
SamuelJayC
Quinten Metsys
44 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Arsenal Lobby - Page 5 Empty Re: Arsenal Lobby

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:51 pm

Arsenal midfielder Mikel Arteta has revealed that he was close to deciding to play for the England national team at World Cup 2010 before he realised that Fifa rules would have prevented it.

The 29-year-old arrived in the country in 2005 when he joined Everton and says that he has developed an affinity for the culture ever since, but realised he was ineligible to pull on a Three Lions shirt due to not owning a British passport at the time when he represented his native Spain at under-16 level.

“If it was any other country I would have had to say no, but because it was [England] I said I would have to think about it,” Arteta told Arsenal’s official website.

“England has been really good to me professionally and personally. In the end I didn't have to make a decision because I wasn't allowed to play because of Fifa rules.

“At least it was nice to know that Fabio Capello and his staff were thinking about bringing me into the national team.

“I feel English in some ways because I have spent the biggest part of my career here. Obviously I know how English people think, what they do, the culture - I know everything.

“I have to adapt to that so I am living life like an English person. It's funny, I look at my child and hear her talk English, it's amazing.”

The former Rangers playmaker also revealed Xabi Alonso, now of Real Madrid, helped convince him to make the move to England when he was plying his trade at Liverpool.

“We used to live five minutes away from each other and play at the same clubs when we were young,” said Arteta of their time in his birthplace of San Sebastian.

“We had a good relationship but then I went to Barcelona and he stayed. Then suddenly, five years later he went to Liverpool and I went to Everton and we lived next door to each other.

“It was crazy but that's what football brings you sometimes. You never know where you are going to end up.

“Obviously I spoke to him and he said Liverpool was a really nice city to live in, that the fans were unbelievable, there was a big rivalry between the two clubs and it was a good experience.

“I didn't have any doubts about moving there and that was partly thanks to him.”

Arteta has not looked back since, making 229 appearances in all competitions for both Everton and Arsenal since his arrival in England.

Would have been great for England,IMO.

Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:54 pm

Arsenal are not far away from being boosted by the return of Bacary Sagna.

The French right-back has been sidelined after sustaining a broken leg against Tottenham in October but could be back in the Gunners line-up in a matter of a few weeks.

"I was told I would spend three or four months out and I am on schedule,” he told L’Equipe.

"I have resumed jogging and I should kick the ball again in the coming days.

"I have screws (in my leg) but I don't think I will have them removed. That would mean another two months on the sidelines."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:56 pm

Arsenal youngster Hector Bellerin admits he had the pick of Europe's biggest clubs before signing in the summer.

Bellerin was snapped up by Arsenal from Barcelona juniors last season.

He revealed to arsenal.com that he chose Arsenal ahead of interest from Manchester United, Chelsea, Aston Villa and Real Madrid.

Hector Bellerin also admitted that he agreed to join Arsenal in the summer only after fellow Barcelona junior Jon Toral had also accepted terms.

The pair are now part of the Gunners' U18 team after coming through at the La Masia.

“That was important,” Bellerin told arsenal.com. “The fact that Jon had agreed to join Arsenal was a convincing factor. Leaving friends and family would be difficult, but I knew that we could support each other and that is the way it has been. We both live in digs with Sean McDermott and Donna, our landlady, makes us feel at home.

"I have to be honest and say that I obviously miss my friends and family, but I would not say I have felt homesick or sad and that is very much because I have no time alone and we are always doing things. If I were alone here that may have been different. Apart from Jon and Sean being good friends, the rest of the squad are fantastic and there are also plenty of Spanish speakers here, including Emi Martinez and Ignasi Miquel who are good friends.”
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:57 pm

Liverpool made a sensational move for Thierry Henry before his deal with Arsenal.

New York Red Bulls striker Henry has agreed a two-month loan deal at Arsenal.

The Daily Express says Henry turned down enquiries from Liverpool and Blackburn Rovers before agreeing to rejoin Arsenal and the striker is now desperate to start playing again.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:57 pm

Bixente Lizarazu has questioned former France teammate Thierry Henry's decision to return to Arsenal.

Henry has signed on a two-month loan from New York Red Bulls.

Lizarazu remarked: "He is a legendary player for Arsenal. I do not know if you can rewrite history. He made history with Arsenal, today he is in the United States. The past is the past, he cannot rewrite history.

"He cannot become the Thierry Henry he was. He was a fantastic player and that player is no longer there. Now, perhaps his desire is simply to lend a hand or at this time is what Arsenal need. But I do not know what drives him."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:01 pm

Nicklas Bendtner was arrested following an early hours brawl at a luxury hotel, it emerged today.

The 23-year-old Sunderland ace was held by cops who were called to the bust-up at the Gateshead Hilton in September last year.

The Denmark international striker, who is currently on bail for an alleged car wrecking spree in Newcastle, was held with another 23-year-old before being released.

Police today said they chose not to bring charges against Bendtner after investigating the incident.

A police spokesman confirmed: "At 2.18am on Thursday, September 13, police received a report of a fight at the Hilton Hotel in Gateshead.

"Officers attended and two men aged 23 were arrested to prevent continued breach of the peace. After investigations, both men were released without charge."

It is the second time in a matter of months the footballer has been arrested.

Sunderland team-mates Bendtner and Lee Cattermole were held after cars were said to have been damaged near the ground of their club's arch rivals.

Several vehicles were reportedly damaged on December 6 just yards from the St James' Park home of Newcastle United.

A spokesman for Sunderland refused to comment on the latest revelations.

Bendtner moved to Sunderland from Arsenal in a deadline day loan deal last year.

Last year it was claimed that he caused havoc in a Copenhagen pizza shop after his credit cards were rejected.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:07 pm

Thierry Henry must be registered as an Arsenal player by midday Friday if he is to make his comeback for the club in Monday's FA Cup tie with Leeds United.

The 34-year-old is on the verge of signing a two-month loan deal but was unable to play in a reserve game against Sunderland on
Wednesday as no agreement had been reached with New York Red Bulls and Major League Soccer over who pays his wages if he gets injured.

And the deadline to register new players before the Third Round FA Cup clash is midday Friday, even though Arsenal are not playing for another three days.

That could hurry the deal along, with Henry, the club's all-time leading goalscorer, desperate to play against the Championship side.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:13 pm

Striker Thierry Henry's loan deal to Arsenal has hit a problem over his proposed return date to New York Red Bulls. (Metro)
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:18 pm

Sevilla have signed Jose Reyes from Atletico Madrid. Former Arsenal winger joins on deal until 2015.

http://t.co/0ZaPNo54
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:51 pm

Ba v RVP: Started 17-19 | Goals 15-17 | Mins pg 97-101 | Shots on 30-43 | Shots off 18-33 | Shot accuracy 63%-57% | Conversion % 31-22
via nufcstats
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:08 pm

Mole would argue that since Ba has 2 less starts than RVP, once he catches up so will his goal count Very Happy
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:16 pm

Ivory Coast squad announced: Kolo + Yaya Toure, Gervinho, Eboue, Drogba, Kalou, Tiote, Gradel, Zokora, Tiene and Doumbia included.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:17 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Ivory Coast squad announced: Kolo + Yaya Toure, Gervinho, Eboue, Drogba, Kalou, Tiote, Gradel, Zokora, Tiene and Doumbia included.

What a team.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:12 pm

The yellow card attributed to Thomas Vermaelen in the fixture against QPR has been transferred to Laurent Koscielny -

http://t.co/8EXylAYA
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:11 pm

Andy Cole: Henry loan is a win-win situation

"Thierry Henry would always be singled out in team talks before we played Arsenal. He was elusive. Henry was blisteringly quick, he could beat a player, could come deep, run at defenders + had the best technique in epl. Henry scored one goal against us, a volley which he set up for himself, it's 1 of the best goals I've ever seen. Henry is not arrogant at all. He's a great man and I think it's fantastic that he's gone back to Arsenal. Thierry is an intelligent man, who cares deeply about football. In the summer, he told me London is his first love."

You can read the whole Andy Cole interview about Henry here > http://t.co/VJCmfYi9

SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:57 pm

sina90 wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:
sina90 wrote:following both of you Smile
although not sure how longer i will be around Sad

You leaving us?
https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t14860-iran-cracking-down-online-with-halal-internet
Arsenal Lobby - Page 5 1625187496
still uncertain though

I may give up on GL if we lose Sina Arsenal Lobby - Page 5 1625187496

Really hope this is crap Sad
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:25 pm

Thanks for your support MJ Heart
I'm confused with that shite plan
--------------------------------
this is nice if havent already read

Jack Wilshere: How to keep possession

You can’t do anything without the ball, so England and Arsenal’s midfield passing machine shares his tips on looking after that precious sphere

Be forward-thinking
“It’s important to always try and play forwards, because that’s where the goal is, but if you can’t go forward, play sideways – keeping possession is the most important thing. To do this you have to have a picture in your head of what you’re going to do with the ball before it comes to you. A good way to work on this is by playing two-touch keep-ball – five versus two chasing players – in a tight space. Working on little situations like this will help you take these skills into a game.”

Stay on the move
“Always be on the move and watch where your marker is. Vary your movement – run in behind and then come short, or vice-versa. Make your marker feel uncomfortable by running into areas where they don’t want to go. The key is to get a bit of space so you can look for the pass or run with the ball, but once you’ve made a pass don’t sit back and admire it. Look at the Barcelona players: once they’ve released it they make themselves available for another pass.”

Work on your shape
“Knowing the shape of the team is important. At Arsenal we work on ‘play-throughs’. For this exercise the team lines up in their positions out on the pitch unopposed, sometimes against mannequins, and you play the ball from back to front – from goalkeeper to striker – at match intensity. This exercise helps you learn where your team-mates are, so when it comes to a game you will know where to find them naturally. You can progress this exercise by playing one-touch.”

Alter the point of attack
“At Arsenal we work on all different types of passing. If you want to switch the play with one pass you have to strike through it – technique is more important than power. First you need to get the ball out of your feet, so balance yourself by putting your arm out like you’re striking a shot and then hit through it. Practise by working with a team-mate and pinging long balls to each other. Make it like a game situation by having another team-mate apply pressure to the passer.”

Protect the ball
“If an opponent is coming towards you face-on then you can drop your shoulder and push off with your other foot, giving you the edge. If the opponent is coming at you from behind, you have to protect the ball – that’s why upper body strength is very important. You have to be aware of the players around you, and use your arms and strength to push yourself away from challenges. If you’re small like me, you have to use your low centre of gravity and power.”

Perfect your first touch
“The most important thing about beating a player is your first touch – if that’s good you can do whatever you want with the ball. At Arsenal I’ll surround myself with rebound boards, hit the ball off one, then turn and look to hit another – using both feet. If you haven’t got rebound boards, use a wall or play pass and move with your mates. Another good way to work on your touch is by doing kick-ups or by booting the ball up into the air and trying to bring it down.”

FFT Performance
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:19 pm

Sina, I can give you ways to go past it my friend Very Happy
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:03 am

Yeah, move in with me Razz.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:03 am

Arsenal v Leeds

Chamakh and Park available to face Leeds, "one or two" rested including Van Persie.

http://bit.ly/z1S38O
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:42 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:Arsenal v Leeds

Chamakh and Park available to face Leeds, "one or two" rested including Van Persie.

http://bit.ly/z1S38O

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger says he'll field a strong line-up against FA Cup opponents Leeds United.

While Robin van Persie and possibly Gervinho will miss the match, Wenger will not go for a complete reshuffle.

“[I will play] a strong side, a normal side,” he told Arsenal Player.

“Maybe one or two will be rested, but apart from that I think we will still have Marouane Chamakh.

“Robin van Persie will certainly be rested for this game. We will hopefully have Chamakh available, [Ju-Young] Park available.

“Gervinho will maybe miss the game because they [the Ivory Coast players] have to turn up 14 days before the [Africa Cup of Nations] tournament starts.”
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:43 am

Arsenal are pushing to have Thierry Henry registered to face Leeds United.

The Sun says Arsenal are hoping to complete Henry's loan signing by this morning — otherwise he will not play against Leeds.

The French striker, 34, has been waiting for the paperwork with New York Red Bulls to be completed so he can finally make his Gunners comeback.

But they must register the transfer today in order for him to be eligible for Monday's FA Cup third-round clash.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:48 am

Arsenal midfielder Mikel Arteta admits he stays in close contact with Real Madrid star Xabi Alonso.

Arteta admits that Alonso is partly responsible for him taking the Premier League plunge when he left Rangers for Everton in 2005. However, despite living so close for so much of their lives, the Spaniards have never shared a professional team.

“We used to live five minutes away from each other and play at the same clubs when we were young,” Arteta told Arsenal.com.

“We had a good relationship but then I went to Barcelona and he stayed. Then suddenly, five years later he went to Liverpool and I went to Everton and we lived next door to each other.

“It was crazy but that's what football brings you sometimes. You never know where you are going to end up.

“Obviously I spoke to him and he said Liverpool was a really nice city to live in, that the fans were unbelievable, there was a big rivalry between the two clubs and it was a good experience.

“I didn't have any doubts about moving there and that was partly thanks to him [Alonso].”
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:50 am

Arsenal have made it past the 3rd round in each of the last 15 seasons in the FA Cup, a longer run than any other side.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:14 pm

Thierry Henry has an enviable record of scoring 11 goals vs. Leeds United in as many games.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:16 pm

Thierry Henry has described his return to Arsenal as ‘unreal’.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next