Great Leader Sprucenuce
Vibe
juventus101
47 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Juve vs Barca - Page 4 Empty Re: Juve vs Barca

Post by Lord Hades Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:12 am

just to say inter milan 09 were arguably better than juve 03..

Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:15 am

diptiman wrote:just to say inter milan 09 were arguably better than juve 03..

Juventus101 thinks Juve '03 was one of the best teams in history... Laughing
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:20 am

No way dude......
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:30 am

ragbirjosh wrote:

No way dude......

come on man, they were a great side inter milan i.e. those two matches against barca were two of the best matches i have seen from a neutral's point of view specially against this barcelona.. plus they way thyey completely stifled chelsea, who scored like a 105 goals in the bpl and drogba was in such great form etc.. and the relative ease with which they dealt with bayern.. thats three league champions and the three best teams in europe in that season they beat.. plus the fact that they won the league and the italian cup and made it a historic treble adds to their quality
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:32 am

Inter '09 won the treble. An extremely hard task. Look at who they had to beat to win the CL. Chelsea, Barca and Bayern.

They are arguably better.

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:48 am

You can make a case for it.........but I'd never take them........they were extremely well organized and god Knows they all stepped it up in big games but the gulf in class between both those squads is massive.

On the one hand you have guys like Sneijder,Milito, Maicon,Lucio,Samuel etc who all hard great years and displayed the abilityto be supremely clutch.But on the other hand....guys likeBuffon,Ferrara,DelPiero,Nedved,Thuram,trezeguet,Zambrotta Davids et al

those guys are on a whole different level.

Serie A was much tougher back then.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:49 am

Lionel Messi wrote:Barca would wipe the floor with juve using the b team, simple as.

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:25 am

ragbirjosh wrote:You can make a case for it.........but I'd never take them........they were extremely well organized and god Knows they all stepped it up in big games but the gulf in class between both those squads is massive.

On the one hand you have guys like Sneijder,Milito, Maicon,Lucio,Samuel etc who all hard great years and displayed the abilityto be supremely clutch.But on the other hand....guys likeBuffon,Ferrara,DelPiero,Nedved,Thuram,trezeguet,Zambrotta Davids et al

those guys are on a whole different level.

Serie A was much tougher back then.

You are forgetting Eto and Zanetti, who are among the most classy players in the last decade.

You have a right to your opinion, but for me, class wise and performance wise, there is a strong case for Inter '09 to be better.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:52 am

ragbirjosh wrote:
kiranr wrote:
Let him be guys. This is the same guy who thinks Juve of '03 is better than this Barca.

Juve '03 barely beat Barca. They had to get a goal in the ET and Barcelona was dominating that match playing much of it in Juve's half.

The current Barcelona team would comfortable beat Juve '03 who wouldn't even see the ball. And that Juve team is so much better than the current one.

I can't even imagine the massacre. It would be embarrassing for all sides really.

If Barca can only muster up a measley 2 goals in 189 mins against 09 Inter how do you really think they would massacre one of the best defences in the history of football? be real dude......that game would go either way....not because Juve were better.....but because letting Barca have the ball would fit right into their game plan.

Not the same Barca.

The Ibra version of Barca was clearly worse in attack than the Etoo version before him and the Villa version after him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:25 am

I dont gethow people overrate Barcaso heavily. When have they ever destroyed a fellow big team besides Real Madrid? Never. Theve beaten plenty, but mostly when they play other big teams, they draw or win by 1 or 2 goals. Against italian teams especially are Barca known for having problems against. So, they barely scrape past Milan, have NEVER destroyed a big team besides Real, are notorious for having problems against italian teams, and have problems with teams like Getafe and Bilbao, and yet this same team would destroy Juve? A team that hasnt lost in its new stadium since its opening? A team that has dominated EVERY other italian team in Serie A to date, with the exception of Udinese. A team that has stronger centerbacks, an equally strong midfield, and a stronger keeper than Barcelona. But Barca would destroy them? Oh yea, I forgot people here think this Barca can destroy the Juve of 03 too, when just a couple months ago they had a hard time wthecurrent Milan, who have a Nocerino-MVB-Aquilani midfield. LMAO what a joke. "Best side ever", HA. HA. The difference here is, while I believe them definitely NOT the best side ever, I still ratethem extremely highly. But Barca fanboys cant respect any other team and think their beloved Barca is the second coming of god himself. Lol its ridiculous.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:42 am

Ok, so the general consensus is the Barca today would probably beat Juve.

I can accept that. MOST (but clearly not all, as we can see) Juve fans will acknowledge that.

What I really dont understand is - Why is there so much Juventus Hate???

Some of these so called 'opinions' that people post, go so far beyond a constructive debate, and is nothing but pure hostility, anger and hate to Juve..

Am I missing something here??

Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:18 pm

juventus101 wrote:I dont gethow people overrate Barcaso heavily. When have they ever destroyed a fellow big team besides Real Madrid? Never.

First, let me say that I'm a Barça fan and I don't think we would "wipe" Juventus. I think we would win, but it would be tight.

But your first question is hilarious or missinformed. "Which big teams have they ever destroyed besides Real Madrid?". Just to remind you:

4-2 vs. Olympique Lyon (with Benzema they were a big team)
4-0 vs. Bayern Munich
3-1 vs. Manchester United and Arsenal in imposing fashion.
4-1 vs. Arsenal
2-0 vs. Manchester and Inter (short result, but imposing performances)

It's not like there are much more big teams, and some of them we haven't faced them or just once or twice recently. You can't seriously expect we destroy all big teams every time?

Oh, btw, Milan will win Serie A. Start to deal with it now so you won't be so upset when it happens.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:27 pm

Juventus an equal midfield.
The most deluded comment ever on this forum.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:28 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Juventus an equal midfield.

Its a troll thread lol.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:32 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:Juventus an equal midfield.

Its a troll thread lol.

Embarrassingly enough though some people actually believe this Laughing
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:38 pm

Yea, they destroyed a weak Bayern side in 08-09 that was even further weakened by major injuries. 3-1 against United was not dominance, nor is it a big scoreline for Barca. Arsenal got screwed against Barca after outplaying them at their own game in the first leg. They lost to Inter 3-1 where Inter was much more dominating than Barca in that game. I dont remember the 4-1 win over Arsenal honestly. Lyon is not worth mentioning. And theres no more big teams? How about Chelsea, or Milan? How xome you didnt mention them? Oh, cuz they both gave Barca serious problems, and Chelsea spexifically shouldve been in the 08/09 CL final instead of Barca. Im not ckaiming they wont beat Juvethat much is certain except at Juventus Arena, im just saying it wouldnt be the destruction that some people ridiculously make it out to be. Also, yes, I believe Juves midfield are technically equal to Barca. Not in sync like Barca just yet, so not quite as good overall, but technically equal. And I betif you look up chances created, Juve would not be far behind, in a much higher pressure, defensive league.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:44 pm

Technically equal.LOL.
This Barca midfield is the greatest the game has ever seen.
If you disagree name me another midfield in the history of the game which has averaged over 60% possession for over 2 years straight.
Name me another midfield which has dominated the midfield area game in game out for 2 years straight(I am not including the Yaya midfield of 08-09).

And you say that the Juve midfield is technically equal.
I would love for Barca to face Juve.It would be fun seeing Pirlo chase Xavi's shadow all game long.

As for the rest of your post not even worth a response.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by delaurentishotz Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:52 pm

Juve and Moggi vs Barca and Ovrebo..

Now that would be crazy game to watch
delaurentishotz
delaurentishotz
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:58 pm

Lynx100 wrote:Ok, so the general consensus is the Barca today would probably beat Juve.

I can accept that. MOST (but clearly not all, as we can see) Juve fans will acknowledge that.

What I really dont understand is - Why is there so much Juventus Hate???

Some of these so called 'opinions' that people post, go so far beyond a constructive debate, and is nothing but pure hostility, anger and hate to Juve..

Am I missing something here??

when people start insulting players like puyol who is a country and club legend,and people say things like juventus midfield is the best in the world etc. people get frustrated.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:39 pm

Possession doesnt mean shit. Juve and Milan of 03 were better than this Barca, but didnt play possession football. That doesnt mean theyre worse or they couldnt, they just didnt. Pirlo-Gattuso-Seedorf in their primes in 03 for example were definitely stronger than Barcas midfield. Juve played a 4-3-1-2 that looked more like a 442 so its hard to compare a 2, sometimes 3-man mid to a 3, sometimes 4 man mid (since Fabregas is a mid played as a forward), but the Juve and Milan of 03 were better teams than this Barca. Possession doesnt mean shit as I said. And if Juves midfield isnt comparable, why dont you look up the stats of the chances created? I bet Juve are not far behind Barca is a much higher pressure, defensive league. And you didnt reply to the rest of my post because you know I proved you wrong.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:43 pm

juventus101 wrote:Yea, they destroyed a weak Bayern side in 08-09 that was even further weakened by major injuries. 3-1 against United was not dominance, nor is it a big scoreline for Barca. Arsenal got screwed against Barca after outplaying them at their own game in the first leg. They lost to Inter 3-1 where Inter was much more dominating than Barca in that game. I dont remember the 4-1 win over Arsenal honestly. Lyon is not worth mentioning. And theres no more big teams? How about Chelsea, or Milan? How xome you didnt mention them? Oh, cuz they both gave Barca serious problems...

You said we didn't beat any big team. Never.

I proved you wrong writing a fairly large list of big teams we trashed and instead of acknowledging you are wrong, you ask me why I didn't mention Milan or Chelsea? I didn't mention them because I don't need it. I only needed one big win vs. a big team to prove you wrong, because you said "Barça never trashed big teams"

Dude, you must be the most deluded person in this forum.

Not dominating vs. Manchester United in the CL final. :lol!: It was possibly one of the best performances of all time.

Just to remind you:

2-6 vs. Madrid
4-2 vs. Lyon
4-0 vs. Bayern
2-0 vs. Manchester United
2-0 vs. Inter
4-1 vs. Arsenal
5-0 vs. Madrid
3-1 vs. Arsenal
0-2 vs. Madrid
3-1 vs. Manchester United

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:46 pm

juventus101 is either master troll or most retar*** poster ever here, there is no 3rd option.
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:16 pm

I never said you didnt beat a big team, I said you rarely, if ever, have thrashed a big team. Sorry, I just dont get how a two goal margin meansvits a thrashing. And getting lucky against Arsenal, beating Lyon, or beating the weakest Bayern side in a long time made even weaker by major injuries is nothing spectacular, sorry. They played a strong Chelsea side, and shouldve lost. Shouldve lost against Arsenal too. They beat a decently strong Milan side, but it was by no means a thrashing. They beat Inter and United by 2 goal margjns, but im sorry, 2 goal margins are not thrashings with a few exceptions, though I could be wrong about the 3-1 United game since I only caught about 20 minutes of it. I just dont understand how you can justify saying Barca would destroy Juve. BEAT them yes I AGREE with, but no, Barca would NOT THRASH Juve. And I see you ignored the rest of my post, again.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:22 pm

juventus101 wrote:Possession doesnt mean shit. Juve and Milan of 03 were better than this Barca, but didnt play possession football. That doesnt mean theyre worse or they couldnt, they just didnt. Pirlo-Gattuso-Seedorf in their primes in 03 for example were definitely stronger than Barcas midfield. Juve played a 4-3-1-2 that looked more like a 442 so its hard to compare a 2, sometimes 3-man mid to a 3, sometimes 4 man mid (since Fabregas is a mid played as a forward), but the Juve and Milan of 03 were better teams than this Barca. Possession doesnt mean shit as I said. And if Juves midfield isnt comparable, why dont you look up the stats of the chances created? I bet Juve are not far behind Barca is a much higher pressure, defensive league. And you didnt reply to the rest of my post because you know I proved you wrong.

You mean the Juve team of 2003 that won absolutely nothing in Europe.

Possession doesnt mean a thing.LOL.
Next you will say controlling the midfield and controlling play in midfield means nothing.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:49 pm

Oh man, reading juventus101 reasoning No It's like you trying to rewrite history of football last 10 years. The only position that Juve has an edge over Barca is GK that relies on rep & legacy rather than stats ( stats wise Valdes > Buffon)
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:52 pm

juventus101 wrote:I never said you didnt beat a big team, I said you rarely, if ever, have thrashed a big team.

juventus101 wrote:I dont gethow people overrate Barcaso heavily. When have they ever destroyed a fellow big team besides Real Madrid? Never.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next