Great Leader Sprucenuce
Vibe
juventus101
47 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Juve vs Barca - Page 5 Empty Re: Juve vs Barca

Post by free_cat Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:52 am

juventus101 wrote:I never said you didnt beat a big team, I said you rarely, if ever, have thrashed a big team.

juventus101 wrote:I dont gethow people overrate Barcaso heavily. When have they ever destroyed a fellow big team besides Real Madrid? Never.

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:10 am

Twoism wrote:Oh man, reading juventus101 reasoning No It's like you trying to rewrite history of football last 10 years. The only position that Juve has an edge over Barca is GK that relies on rep & legacy rather than stats ( stats wise Valdes > Buffon)

There is no way that Valdes is currently better than Buffon. You could've said that the last couple of seasons when Gigi was still injury-prone, but this season, Buffon has been one of the best GKs in the world, better than Valdes.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:39 am

7amood11 wrote:
Twoism wrote:Oh man, reading juventus101 reasoning No It's like you trying to rewrite history of football last 10 years. The only position that Juve has an edge over Barca is GK that relies on rep & legacy rather than stats ( stats wise Valdes > Buffon)

There is no way that Valdes is currently better than Buffon. You could've said that the last couple of seasons when Gigi was still injury-prone, but this season, Buffon has been one of the best GKs in the world, better than Valdes.

I was judging strictly on stats and yes, Buffon has been great, I was his biggest fan til Juve stole him from Parma.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:56 am

CroInter wrote:juventus101 is either master troll or most retar*** poster ever here, there is no 3rd option.

Lets just give him the title of sciacca rival :lol!:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by gnrfan Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:07 pm

Some of the muppetry here makes me ashamed to be a juve fan. Lets get two things clear. Barca midfield mf >juve and iniesta>>>>>>>>>>>>>marchisio. For me iniesta is he best midfielder in the world. On his day he can take the midfield over and turn a game singlehandedly(vs arsenal 2006, united 2009, germany in wc). His touch and close control are unmatched since zidane imo. Marchisio is a good player admittedly. Presses well and has a knack for making good runs from mf but when he isnt scoring you dont really notice him. he is not fit to tie iniesta's boots. Also Pirlo has had a good season but he is not comparable to xavi at this point. Interms of passing maybe you could make an argument for the 2006 pirlo but xavi is getting near 100 percent accuracy in some matches. His ability to hold the ball and win it back is far better than pirlo at any time. In fact I'd say it is Vidal who is Juve's best player. The way he bosses the midfield reminds be of edgar davids and he's been immense in almost all the big games, but busquets is the best at what he does. In any case these player vs player comparisons are useless in practice. It's about how the players perform together, and 60% possesion against the likes of bayern, madrid and united says it all really.
gnrfan
gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by gnrfan Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:27 pm

juventus101 wrote:I never said you didnt beat a big team, I said you rarely, if ever, have thrashed a big team. Sorry, I just dont get how a two goal margin meansvits a thrashing. And getting lucky against Arsenal, beating Lyon, or beating the weakest Bayern side in a long time made even weaker by major injuries is nothing spectacular, sorry. They played a strong Chelsea side, and shouldve lost. Shouldve lost against Arsenal too. They beat a decently strong Milan side, but it was by no means a thrashing. They beat Inter and United by 2 goal margjns, but im sorry, 2 goal margins are not thrashings with a few exceptions, though I could be wrong about the 3-1 United game since I only caught about 20 minutes of it. I just dont understand how you can justify saying Barca would destroy Juve. BEAT them yes I AGREE with, but no, Barca would NOT THRASH Juve. And I see you ignored the rest of my post, again.
juventus101 wrote:I never said you didnt beat a big team, I said you rarely, if ever, have thrashed a big team. Sorry, I just dont get how a two goal margin meansvits a thrashing. And getting lucky against Arsenal, beating Lyon, or beating the weakest Bayern side in a long time made even weaker by major injuries is nothing spectacular, sorry. They played a strong Chelsea side, and shouldve lost. Shouldve lost against Arsenal too. They beat a decently strong Milan side, but it was by no means a thrashing. They beat Inter and United by 2 goal margjns, but im sorry, 2 goal margins are not thrashings with a few exceptions, though I could be wrong about the 3-1 United game since I only caught about 20 minutes of it. I just dont understand how you can justify saying Barca would destroy Juve. BEAT them yes I AGREE with, but no, Barca would NOT THRASH Juve. And I see you ignored the rest of my post, again.

Dude, in that cl match united could not even get out of their penalty box at some points. It was the most onesided 3-1 ive ever seen. Same with 70 mins of the arsenal game. Stats dont tell the story half the time.

and as a juve fan youve got to admit our current attack is pretty toothless. Puyol Pique and abidal are all wc defenders. Do you honestly think theyd have real trouble against the likes of matri and pepe. I mean we have trouble breaking down genoa and roma and ffs. The current juve is an improving squad but it is a laughable comparison. Two teams that could put up a fight tho are lippi's 90s squads or more recently capello's 2005-2006 squad.

Buffon in goal, thuram cannavarro, and zambrotta in def, a beastly central mf of emerson and viera, and an attack of zlatan, trezeguet, camp and an aging but still good nedved. Lost 1 game all season and won the gamper in camp nou against a barca with messi and ronaldinho. If you went down one goal to that team it was pretty much over.

gnrfan
gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:41 pm

For the last time, I NEVER said Juve would beat Barca. All im saying is, it wouldnt be the complete beatdown people are making it out to be. Some people even claimed Juve would lose to Barcas B team. Come on now. Im noy claiming anything except that Juve is underrated, and would put up a good fight, maybe even get a draw at home.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:49 pm

Thats not all your claiming lol

You said you got better centerbacks and at least an equal midfield lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:28 pm

zarola wrote:

when people start insulting players like puyol who is a country and club legend,and people say things like juventus midfield is the best in the world etc. people get frustrated.

Nobody said Juventus was better, but we did say some players were.
Marchisio is one of the best.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:29 pm

CroInter wrote:juventus101 is either master troll or most retar*** poster ever here, there is no 3rd option.

I thought you said that about me :coffee:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:40 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:

I thought you said that about me :coffee:

Nop never said that, you swing and you miss, like always, but ok if you want that so bad, you are most retar*** poster here, and juventus101 is 2nd, happy?
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:48 pm

Chaka
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:52 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:
zarola wrote:

when people start insulting players like puyol who is a country and club legend,and people say things like juventus midfield is the best in the world etc. people get frustrated.

Nobody said Juventus was better, but we did say some players were.
Marchisio is one of the best.

....where in my post did i say juventus fans said juve were better?
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:59 pm

people say things like juventus midfield is the best in the world etc.

probably here is what he means, not that you said overall but that one part

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:00 pm

Luca wrote:people say things like juventus midfield is the best in the world etc.

probably here is what he means, not that you said overall but that one part

Twisted Evil
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:31 pm

some of u guys agree that vidal is better than busquets, marchisio equal to or greater than iniesta, pirlo equal to or greater than xavi, which implies juve midfield > barca midfield.

zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:42 pm

zarola wrote:some of u guys agree that vidal is better than busquets, marchisio equal to or greater than iniesta, pirlo equal to or greater than xavi, which implies juve midfield > barca midfield.

Haha rofl Laughing
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:47 pm

For all non-Serie A fans out there, I would just like to say....

....Now do you see what we have to deal with? :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:06 pm

bhends wrote:For all non-Serie A fans out there, I would just like to say....

....Now do you see what we have to deal with? :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

what an inconvenience to you

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:41 pm

Juve vs Barca - Page 5 Pic_1210
Its not that bad
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:59 pm

They are not as in-sync with each other yet as the Barca mid, so no theyre not as good as a midfield. Technically is a whole different thing though, where I think the Juve midfielders are equals.

And I never insulted Puyol. All I said is Chiellini and Barzagli are better than Pique and Puyol. I view it like this:

Chiellini > Puyol > Barzagli > Pique.

Again, I did not insult Barca, nor did I overrate Juve. I just brought Barca back down to Earth where they belong, instead of in the heavens where people think they are, and I gave Juve the respect they deserve.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:44 pm

juventus101 wrote:They are not as in-sync with each other yet as the Barca mid, so no theyre not as good as a midfield. Technically is a whole different thing though, where I think the Juve midfielders are equals.

And I never insulted Puyol. All I said is Chiellini and Barzagli are better than Pique and Puyol. I view it like this:

Chiellini > Puyol > Barzagli > Pique.

Again, I did not insult Barca, nor did I overrate Juve. I just brought Barca back down to Earth where they belong, instead of in the heavens where people think they are, and I gave Juve the respect they deserve.

Whatever you say, at the end of the day, Barcelona beats the team put in front of them.

They would beat this Juve comprehensively as Xavi > Pirlo, Iniesta > Marchisio, Busquets > Vidal, Thiago > Marchisio. In defence, Puyol is comfortable better than Chiellini. Not to mention Pique is better than any Juve defender.

Pep is so much better than Conte, it is not even fair to pit them against each other.

But this is not a knock on Juve at all. They are doing very well in Serie A and they are unbeaten in the new stadium, but, if they come up against this great Barcelona side, they will come up short as all previous juve teams would. But there have been some good Juve sides. I will give you that.

When this Barcelona plays at their best, which is when they are not experimenting with new formations and tactics, they will be given a fair fight by very few teams across the last century and sorry to say, Juve does not have such a team.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by feho29 Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:19 am

at list we are a fan of a league not a fan of two matches in the year
feho29
feho29
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by delaurentishotz Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:34 am

Juve and Moggi vs Barca and Ovrebo

Now who would win this game ?? Juventus or Barcelona ?? This one is very very tough for me to predict.. Moggi was corrupt for more then 15 years while Ovrebo only had 1 game to show his magic.. So Moggi has more experience then Ovrebo.. This will give the edge to Juventus in my opinion.

delaurentishotz
delaurentishotz
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:44 am

You failed with that troll pages ago rofl

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:56 am

You have my condolences

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next