Great Leader Sprucenuce
Vibe
juventus101
47 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Juve vs Barca - Page 6 Empty Re: Juve vs Barca

Post by Albiceleste Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:56 pm

bhends wrote:For all non-Serie A fans out there, I would just like to say....

....Now do you see what we have to deal with? :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
You have my condolences

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:16 pm

bhends wrote:For all non-Serie A fans out there, I would just like to say....

....Now do you see what we have to deal with? :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I do feel sorry for you, some of the Juve posters are just so retarded :lol!:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:45 pm

Xavi is a better overall player than Pirlo, yes, but when it comes to passing, which is their main purpose, Pirlo is better. Busquets and Pique better than Vidal and Chiellini though is a joke. Chiellini and Vidal are quite a bit better. Both Pique and Busquets are made to look alot better because of Barcas high possession and "best defense is a good offense" game. Chiellini and Vidal are quite a bit better as I said before. Chiellini is also better than Puyol but thats closer, and Marchisio is just below Iniesta, but has a much better workrate so id say hes equally valuable. Thiago better than Marchisio is LAUGH OUT LOUD hilarious. And no Juve haa ever been as good as this Barca? Oh come on now, thats just insulting. The 03-05 Juve could beat them in my opinion, especially in 02/03, and the 95-97 Juve would seriously compete as well. And thats just in the last 15 years.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:05 pm

Pirlo a better passer than Xavi..the comedy continues lol

Keep it coming man, this is fantastic.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:31 pm

Screw off.

By the way, I just looked up what I asked all you Barca fans to look up but you guys kept ignoring me cuz you knew I was right. Barca has Messi, Villa, and Sanchez/Fabregas up top, and such a better midfield huh? Thats why Barca have managed 264 shots overall, while Juve have 274. Such a better midfield. HA. And Juve play with a slightly more defensive midfield (Xavi and Pirlo are the same, Vidal and Busquets too, but Marchisio is more defensive than Iniesta.), in a much tougher league defensively, and with worse forwards. HA. So that means Juve have created more chances than Barca, and also have much more crosses than Barca. Barcas just more clinical obviously, but Juves midfield is technically on equal terms with Barca.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:49 pm

You have more shots (17.8 per game vs 16.9), we have more on target.(7.8 vs 6.6).

That suggests we create better chances than you do. Makes sense considering he have better players, more creative players.

Also, who cares about stats lol

The only stat you need to know is the Barca midfield have won over 10 titles in 3 years..how many have you won?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:51 pm

I am sorry to break it to you by the way, our second choice midfield might be better than your first choice.

Thiago, Cesc and Keita....Vidal, Pirlo, Marchsio...I like ours better.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:16 am

Thiago and Keita are better than Juves midfielders? LMAO what a joke.

Secondly, stats dont mean anything for you because they dont go you way. And with ten less shots, you have 125 on target to Juves 111. On target or not has almost nothingto dowith the midfield though. Messi, Villa, and Sanchez are just more clinical, thats all that means, but we already knew that. Everyone that has watched Juve this season has seen uscreate shitload upon SHITLOADS of chances, and alot of really good chances, just our finishing has been poor.

And why are you bringing up titles? Barca have been this strong for 3 1/2 years now. Juve for only 1/2 year, so we havent won anything, but we havent had a chance to. Trophys matter when comparing Barca to a team that has been together for half a season, but stats dont matter. Are you kidding me?
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:32 am

Well, actually they do go my way as I already said. We create better chances, more shots on target usually mean cleaner chances.

Im bringing up titles because your comparing good players who are playing on a title winning level for half a season, and saying they are on the level of proven players have won title after title.

But to be honest, I dont like this discussion we are having. I was having more fun when you were making me laugh with Marchiso equal to Iniesta and Pirlo is a better passer than Xavi type statements.

Cant you go back to that?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:35 am

You have been using faulty logic right from the beginning.

1) You said Milan gave us a hard time with Aqiilani, Nocerino and Seedorf in the midfield. From this you concluded, the Juve and Milan team of '03 would beat us. I can use the same logic and say Juve '03 had a hard time against Barca '03 winning only in the extra time. Hence, this Barcelona which is clearly better would beat Juve '03. But i will not, because it is faulty reasoning.

2) You said Inter beat us in 1 game. From this you concluded Barcelona would struggle against Italian teams. I can use the same logic and say Basel beat United. Hence United would struggle against the Swiss sides. Again faulty reasoning.

3) Now you have said Juve have more shots per game from which you concluded you have an equal or better midfield to Barcelona. I can say City have more shots per game than Juve or Barcelona. Hence, they have a better midfield than both Juve and Barcelona. Faulty reasoning again.

Now please stop this. Everyone can see this Barcelona is one of the GOAT teams. They win the CL this year, i believe they will cement their side as the best team in history. Forget about what i am saying. Everyone from top pundits to highly respected legends have been praising Barcelona and their players and have also declared them to be one of the best sides ever.

So, without convincing arguments, which you have not provided till now, your opinion will remain without weight. Being a contrarian is good, but you have to back it up with solid evidence and results. That is what is missing in this case.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:03 am

The Franchise wrote:I am sorry to break it to you by the way, our second choice midfield might be better than your first choice.

If you put Masch in for Keita Laughing not even a comparison.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:11 am

Lionel Messi wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I am sorry to break it to you by the way, our second choice midfield might be better than your first choice.

If you put Masch in for Keita Laughing not even a comparison.

You don't think so? I think that is very comparable.

Thiago, Cesc, Mascherano vs. Marchisio, Pirlo, Vidal.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:43 am

So the reason Barcelonas shots are on target more often is becaus of the midfield? You have never played soccer have you, otherwise you would know how ridiculous thag sounds. Barcas shots are on target more often because, with all due respect to Vucinic and Matri, Barcas shots are coming off of Messi and Villas feet.

1) I used that logic as a counterargument to someone using that argument against me, so tell them its faulty, not me. I already know.

2) I think its pretty well known that Barca usually has a pretty difficult time with Italian teams, hence the Inter and Milan games. Juve also beat Barca a few years back who played both Dinho and a very young Messi. Messi as far as I know has also never scored against an Italian team in a competitive fixture.

3) Its a very simple way to compare chances created. If City have had more shots/crosses/etc than Barca and Juve, then yes, theyve created more chances. They play different though so that doesnt necessarily mean the chances come from the mid, whereas in Juve and Barca the chances are created in their 3-man mids usually, plus Messi for Barca.

I never said this Barcelona arent one of the greatest sides ever, I know they are. I even said theyre top 5. But calling them the best ever is a bit ridiculous. They got some crazy refereeing calls in 08/09 and last year Arsenal got badly screwed against them. Its not like their going into games against big teams and destroying them like people make it seem. Yes, they are one of the greatest teams ever. But most of you guys act like theyre the second coming of God. Theyre awesome, but still overrated.

Ive made plenty of convincing arguments. If my arguments dont convince you guys then sorry, but I really dont give a shit. Youguys can overrate your beloved Barcelona all you want, it doesnt mean theyre unbeatable like you wish they are.

And Thiago-Masch-Cesc is very strong, and is on the same level as Juves midfield, but really, its on the same level as Barcas starting midfield too. In fact, Fabregas starts most of the time nowadaysfor Barca right? And I personally have always rated Masch higher than Busquets. Sergio is just favored cuz hes Barca born and bred in my opinion.

And Franchise, quit with the sarcasm. Especially for an Administrator of this forum, youre extremely immature. You make yourself look like youre 12 years old. Just letting you know.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:30 am

juventus101 wrote:So the reason Barcelonas shots are on target more often is becaus of the midfield? You have never played soccer have you, otherwise you would know how ridiculous thag sounds. Barcas shots are on target more often because, with all due respect to Vucinic and Matri, Barcas shots are coming off of Messi and Villas feet.

1) I used that logic as a counterargument to someone using that argument against me, so tell them its faulty, not me. I already know.

2) I think its pretty well known that Barca usually has a pretty difficult time with Italian teams, hence the Inter and Milan games. Juve also beat Barca a few years back who played both Dinho and a very young Messi. Messi as far as I know has also never scored against an Italian team in a competitive fixture.

3) Its a very simple way to compare chances created. If City have had more shots/crosses/etc than Barca and Juve, then yes, theyve created more chances. They play different though so that doesnt necessarily mean the chances come from the mid, whereas in Juve and Barca the chances are created in their 3-man mids usually, plus Messi for Barca.

More shots on target for Barcelona does not necessarily only mean the strikers were relatively clinical. It could also mean better chances were created. Better chances, in this case, could mean chances from inside the box, from in front of the goal, more low crosses into the box etc. Dani does have a point in this case.

1) Fine then.

2) It does not matter Messi did not score against Italian sides. Because that is not relevant when he is heavily involved in creating chances that allow Barcelona to score. In any case, we are discussing Barcelona here right? How does it matter whether Messi scored or not.

3) A huge amount of Barcelona's chances also come from the wing and our inside forwards. Alves contributes a lot. Every team plays differently due to varying tactics. The shots made by a team does not exclusively indicate the effectiveness of its midfield.

About the refereeing calls, it happens to all the teams. Against Chelsea we did not get a penalty at home. Against Arsenal, more than 1 goal we scored was disallowed by the ref. Just because we won, it does not mean we did not get any decisions against us.

No one said Barcelona are unbeatable. But they are not overrated. This is one of the best teams due to the players it has. Any team would struggle against organized defenses. Sacchi proved it to his players in a training session. The point is, even with the best Italian teams, this team would go in with an even footing and for me they would be favourites to win.

Puyol and Pique forms an amazing CB partnership. They have contributed massively towards Barcelona's success. I wouldn't take any other defender over these two.

Busquets is top DM and it is because of his tactical sense that he was able to get into Barcelona first 11. Not because he was bred in Barcelona. This is another faulty logic you have used.

Xavi is one of the best CMs ever. Iniesta is just godly and no one can deny his talent. He is the ultimate big game performer and it is no surprise that these two contributed a lot of Spain's success recently. It is odd you are comparing Marchisio to Iniesta. A huge difference in these two right now.

Dont need to tell you about Messi. Villa has been one of the best strikers over the past few years and he has also contributed a lot to Spain's success.

No one's overrating them, and every bit of the praise coming its way has been earned by these players and Pep.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:50 am

Messi scored against the Italian champions a few weeks ago in the champions league.I wouldn't bother reading or replying to juventus101s nonsense

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:19 am

You should take a walk to Juve section to see a detailed scientific analysis why Xavi sucks in comparison to Pirlo
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ausbaz Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:52 am

Wow. Just Wow.

Haven't won anything notable in 5 years +, apart from Serie B *round of applause*, didn't make champions league this season AND SUDDENLY AFTER HALF A SEASON JUVE CAN COMPETE WITH BARCA'S PLAYERS?

How in the hell do these biased fans actually think this way?

ausbaz
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:01 am

Disclaimer: Not all Juve fans think Juve is better than Barca.

billy_gr wrote:
You should take a walk to Juve section to see a detailed scientific analysis why Xavi sucks in comparison to Pirlo

It's certainly a arguable topic though. People going for Pirlo isn't an outrageous decision at all.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:04 am

Not at all.
As I mentioned it is the, “overrated”, “useless”, etc comments that I find ridiculous.
As a matter of fact Xavi ad Pirlo are 2 of my favourite 5 midfielders in the last 10-15 years
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by delaurentishotz Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:11 pm

Luca wrote:You failed with that troll pages ago rofl

Yes I forgot that this thread contains great knowledge from the Juventini and Barca kids.... How could I be this stupid ?? :facepalm:
delaurentishotz
delaurentishotz
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:13 pm

delaurentishotz wrote:
Luca wrote:You failed with that troll pages ago rofl

Yes I forgot that this thread contains great knowledge from the Juventini and Barca kids.... How could I be this stupid ?? :facepalm:

Well your first mistake was supporting Inter

Spoiler:

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:18 pm

Luca <3
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:15 pm

The Franchise wrote:Pirlo a better passer than Xavi..the comedy continues lol

Keep it coming man, this is fantastic.

According to my humble opinion, prime Pirlo was a better passer than Xavi. You need to take those Barca bias glasses of and learn to respect other people's opinions and not label it as comedy because it doesn't say Barca are the Holy Gods of football and Xavi is the best passer in the world. Unlike Xavi, 80% of Pirlo's passes were not backwards or sideways.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:25 pm

Nah, kill that noise. Its nothing to do with bias.

It is comdey, there is nothing to suggest Pirlo is a better passer. Not %, not assist and more importantly, not eye test wise.

Pirlo prime? What, are you saying his passing has declined? Can you explain that to me please....no player, none, loses passing ability. Scholes was a better passer in his last year then any of those before him. Zidane was just as good a passer, and I could go on and on. Pirlo isnt any worse a passer now then he was in his prime, and he isnt a better passer than Xavi now.

Elite passer, one of the best to ever do it...but unfortantely Xavi is better.

Xavi passes backwards and sidewises 80%...which is why he got like 25 assists in Peps first year. Get a grip man.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:18 pm

:facepalm:

Even after all the responses he's got, he's still arguing?
I wasn't gonna respond anymore but this is too entertaining.

In what world is Marchisio equal to Iniesta and Vidal better than Busquets or Mascherano?

Also, Messi doesn't score vs Italian teams? He scored on AC milan last game. Then he gave a sublime through ball and destroyed 4 ac milan defenders to win in the San Siro.

Oh, and keep discredting barca's victories by using the refereeing excuse. They didn't play any good football all year and were absolutely and 100% lucky to go through. Arsenal should be CL champions. And chelsea in 08. scratch

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:01 pm

these "sideward and backwards passing" arguments are getting really boring.
Pirlo and Xavi are both amazing passers. Xavi plays a different style of football. that's all.
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next