guest7
McAgger
Albiceleste
35 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Dexter - Page 6 Empty Re: Dexter

Post by Le Samourai Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:55 am

I liked Ivan and that aspect of the season...toward the end...I wasn't into it as much.

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:58 pm

I'd also add that the GPS tracking warrant was so much bullshit it almost ruined the season for me. I mean seriously, track the exact position of someone 6 months ago with a GPS? I wish stuff like that existed, that would be enough to solve almost any killing out there, atleast anyone with a cellphone in it.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:51 pm

This season was not even close to the Trinity season lol.

The whole Quinn story used more than half the season and in the end it was a total waste of time.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:47 pm

I found the finale quite underwhelming
Wrapped so many things up but left so much open too
Overall a great season- a lot of ups and downs to it but the finale...?

Spoiler:

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:10 pm

Luca wrote:I found the finale quite underwhelming

Spoiler:

This.

This whole season on a whole feels like a primer for the final season...which absolutely needs to be GOAT...for a while I thought this would rival season 4 (with Trinity)...but that really died with Isaak unfortunately.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:41 pm

Luca wrote:I found the finale quite underwhelming

Spoiler:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:42 pm

Amar wrote:This season was not even close to the Trinity season lol.

The whole Quinn story used more than half the season and in the end it was a total waste of time.
Never said it was close to the Trinity season. Its just been the best SINCE the Trinity season imo, that is, better than seasons 5 & 6.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:01 am

Ah shit I have given in..... I will start from episode one.

The journey begins. Aiming to get at least 3 seasons done next year.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:06 pm

Terrible season.

Season 9(???) is the last right?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:12 pm

Smh.......Gil ALWAYS criticizing EVERYTHING be it football or not Laughing

I must say your standards are sky high mate. How do you live on this planet? rofl
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:27 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:Smh.......Gil ALWAYS criticizing EVERYTHING be it football or not Laughing

I must say your standards are sky high mate. How do you live on this planet? rofl

How much of an insight does the first two episodes give about the entire series? Because I don't think the show warrants a 9.1 based on what I saw..... too early to tell maybe.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:35 pm

If you didn't like the first two episodes you probably won't like it at all lol
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:39 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:Smh.......Gil ALWAYS criticizing EVERYTHING be it football or not Laughing

How much of an insight does the first two episodes give about the entire series? Because I don't think the show warrants a 9.1 based on what I saw..... too early to tell maybe.

Not much. Some people can make a quick judgment but for me it took 5-6 episodes before I was really interested. Just because its kind of different, dark, slow at times but it builds up nicely in my opinion

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:42 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:If you didn't like the first two episodes you probably won't like it at all lol

Damn. I feel like I am missing out by not enjoying it that much lol. Problem is I am 7 seasons behind so it has to be damn good if I am gonna use that much time on it.

@Luca, fine I will give it 2 or 3 more episodes before I make my mind up lol.

EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:21 pm

I suggest you watch it up to episode 8 and if you still don't like it then you probably aren't going to like the show much more than you do at that point.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:55 am

Luca wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:

Not much. Some people can make a quick judgment but for me it took 5-6 episodes before I was really interested. Just because its kind of different, dark, slow at times but it builds up nicely in my opinion

This. It's a different type of show than usual(which I'm sure you know by now), I think by the 4th episode(whichever episode ends with the refrigerator scene, or maybe the one right afterward), you'll have a good indication of whether you like the show, or not. I believe that one episode is when you figure out how the story is going to go for season 1.

I showed the first 2 episodes to a few friends, only one of them continued to watch it. It'll take a bit longer to get into the story, along with building up the characters. Part of what makes Dexter great is how the writers make Dexter likeable, even as a killer/sociopath.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:20 am

Last two seasons have been shocking. Shouldn't even be debatable, it completely went away from what made Dexter great. Reminds me somewhat of Prison Break.

I admit I was (eventually) wrong about Homeland though.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:56 am

Gil wrote:

Last two seasons have been shocking. Shouldn't even be debatable, it completely went away from what made Dexter great. Reminds me somewhat of Prison Break.

I admit I preferred the earlier seasons of Dexter by far(1-4, 5th season was just alright). But I still enjoy the show, even though the writing has been progressively worse.

Spoiler:
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:54 pm

Yup you guys were right....I am actually liking it quite a lot now. I think I will continue watching it for as long as possible. Very Happy
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:00 am

Just literally finished watching the finale. Great season...but many things stopped it from potentially being arguably the best season in the show.

It felt like the writers built so many of the plot lines that they didn't know how to best end them and kinda hurried the endings to them. Like the corruption of Quinn and his involvement with Nadia and the Mafia. Isaak and Dexter's storyline felt rushed too towards the end.

The problem with this season was that they tried to fit in so much in a 12 episode series. Maybe they could have stretched it to 15 episodes this season ?

But it was going so well up until episode 9/10 when they just decided to rush things in order to focus on the whole leguarta/ dexter/debra storyline.

All in all, it was a solid season. Dexter is still one of the best shows on TV, and this season did well to wipe away that awful season 6. Thumbs up
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:03 am

dmize wrote:
Gil wrote:

I admit I preferred the earlier seasons of Dexter by far(1-4, 5th season was just alright). But I still enjoy the show, even though the writing has been progressively worse.

Spoiler:

Spot on. You explained better than I could. This season had too many loose ends and baffling scenarios.

It was still entertaining though.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by yoonie Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:31 am

i'm lost since i only finished season 4...
RED wrote:
dmize wrote:
Gil wrote:

Spoiler:

Spot on. You explained better than I could. This season had too many loose ends and baffling scenarios.

It was still entertaining though.

i'm lost since i only finished season 4... was it that bad??? i enjoyed the previous seasons. but now i'm in doubt if i'll continue watching
yoonie
yoonie
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by goonbrain Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:01 am

Honestly, the series should have been made with only 5-6 seasons. Most of the great tv series never had more than 6 seasons.
goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:33 am

goonbrain wrote:Honestly, the series should have been made with only 5-6 seasons. Most of the great tv series never had more than 6 seasons.
24, a personal favourite of mine, was 8 seasons long. Smallville, another personal favourite was 10 seasons long. As a matter of fact, seasons 5 & 6 are the worst Dexter seasons. Season 7, despite its flaws has revived the show and set it up perfectly for the final season 8.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by goonbrain Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:02 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
goonbrain wrote:Honestly, the series should have been made with only 5-6 seasons. Most of the great tv series never had more than 6 seasons.
24, a personal favourite of mine, was 8 seasons long. Smallville, another personal favourite was 10 seasons long. As a matter of fact, seasons 5 & 6 are the worst Dexter seasons. Season 7, despite its flaws has revived the show and set it up perfectly for the final season 8.
What i meant to tell is if dexter was planned to have only 6 seasons, they would have set up a different storyline and it may or may not have turned better. But they stretched the series too long. I prefer it when they limit the series to a short number of seasons, and this will make most of the episodes more eventful. After a lot of seasons, the ideas starts running out and the writers will introduce new absurd elements.
If all the seasons have been pre-planned by the writers, it is fine. But when they go:"oh..this show is making a lot of money...let's add 2 more seasons!", it affects the series.

goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by goonbrain Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:06 pm

Maybe it's because all the shows i have been watching and liked immensly have not crossed 6 season mark Very Happy.
I will try out '24' and 'smallville'
goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next