Dexter

+30
goonbrain
yoonie
RED
EarlyPrototype
Blue Barrett
Gil
Vibe
Muzza
Soul
urbaNRoots
MJ
matpol
M99
che
Luca
RedOranje
McLewis
Le Samourai
LeSwagg James
Amar
Lord Hades
Mamad
Senor Penguin
dmize
Raptorgunner
RealGunner
kiranr
guest7
McAgger
Albiceleste
34 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Dexter - Page 6 Empty Re: Dexter

Post by Le Samourai Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:55 am

I liked Ivan and that aspect of the season...toward the end...I wasn't into it as much.

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11544
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Dexter - Page 6 Empty Re: Dexter

Post by guest7 Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:58 pm

I'd also add that the GPS tracking warrant was so much bullshit it almost ruined the season for me. I mean seriously, track the exact position of someone 6 months ago with a GPS? I wish stuff like that existed, that would be enough to solve almost any killing out there, atleast anyone with a cellphone in it.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 8275
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Dexter - Page 6 Empty Re: Dexter

Post by Amar Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:51 pm

This season was not even close to the Trinity season lol.

The whole Quinn story used more than half the season and in the end it was a total waste of time.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2227
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Dexter - Page 6 Empty Re: Dexter

Post by Luca Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:47 pm

I found the finale quite underwhelming
Wrapped so many things up but left so much open too
Overall a great season- a lot of ups and downs to it but the finale...?

Spoiler:
-LaGuerta dead
-Hannah escapes
-Batista retired
-Deb a murderer
-Now its public that Dexter is suspected as the Bay Harbor Butcher and the person who accused him just disappears without a trace?
The dynamic of this show has changed a little bit too much, especially with the police department- which was the most constant aspect of the show, apart from Deb and Dexter's relationship which has also changed
I'm excited for next season just to see what they do next

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 14135
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Dexter - Page 6 Empty Re: Dexter

Post by McLewis Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:10 pm

@Luca wrote:I found the finale quite underwhelming
Wrapped so many things up but left so much open too
Overall a great season- a lot of ups and downs to it but the finale...?

Spoiler:
-LaGuerta dead
-Hannah escapes
-Batista retired
-Deb a murderer
-Now its public that Dexter is suspected as the Bay Harbor Butcher and the person who accused him just disappears without a trace?
The dynamic of this show has changed a little bit too much, especially with the police department- which was the most constant aspect of the show, apart from Deb and Dexter's relationship which has also changed
I'm excited for next season just to see what they do next

This.

This whole season on a whole feels like a primer for the final season...which absolutely needs to be GOAT...for a while I thought this would rival season 4 (with Trinity)...but that really died with Isaak unfortunately.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 12624
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Dexter - Page 6 Empty Re: Dexter

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:41 pm

@Luca wrote:I found the finale quite underwhelming
Wrapped so many things up but left so much open too
Overall a great season- a lot of ups and downs to it but the finale...?

Spoiler:
-LaGuerta dead
-Hannah escapes
-Batista retired
-Deb a murderer
-Now its public that Dexter is suspected as the Bay Harbor Butcher and the person who accused him just disappears without a trace? - No, no no no. Dexter killed Hector and shot his stab wound with Laguerta's gun. He then planned to shoot Laguerta as well so it looked like a staged return of gun fire. Deb shooting Laguerta doesn't change the scenario, it only means Deb shot her and not Dexter. He still succeeded in staging her death brilliantly. Why else do you think he didn't put her on the table straight away and stab the life out of her?
The dynamic of this show has changed a little bit too much, especially with the police department- which was the most constant aspect of the show, apart from Deb and Dexter's relationship which has also changed
I'm excited for next season just to see what they do next
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10347
Join date : 2012-03-03

Back to top Go down

Dexter - Page 6 Empty Re: Dexter

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:42 pm

@Amar wrote:This season was not even close to the Trinity season lol.

The whole Quinn story used more than half the season and in the end it was a total waste of time.
Never said it was close to the Trinity season. Its just been the best SINCE the Trinity season imo, that is, better than seasons 5 & 6.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10347
Join date : 2012-03-03

Back to top Go down

Dexter - Page 6 Empty Re: Dexter

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:01 am

Ah shit I have given in..... I will start from episode one.

The journey begins. Aiming to get at least 3 seasons done next year.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Dexter - Page 6 Empty Re: Dexter

Post by Gil Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:06 pm

Terrible season.

Season 9(???) is the last right?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 9447
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Dexter - Page 6 Empty Re: Dexter

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:12 pm

Smh.......Gil ALWAYS criticizing EVERYTHING be it football or not Laughing


I must say your standards are sky high mate. How do you live on this planet? rofl
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10347
Join date : 2012-03-03

Back to top Go down

Dexter - Page 6 Empty Re: Dexter

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:27 pm

@Blue Barrett wrote:Smh.......Gil ALWAYS criticizing EVERYTHING be it football or not Laughing


I must say your standards are sky high mate. How do you live on this planet? rofl

How much of an insight does the first two episodes give about the entire series? Because I don't think the show warrants a 9.1 based on what I saw..... too early to tell maybe.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Dexter - Page 6 Empty Re: Dexter

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:35 pm

If you didn't like the first two episodes you probably won't like it at all lol
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 17126
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Dexter - Page 6 Empty Re: Dexter

Post by Luca Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:39 pm

@EarlyPrototype wrote:
@Blue Barrett wrote:Smh.......Gil ALWAYS criticizing EVERYTHING be it football or not Laughing


I must say your standards are sky high mate. How do you live on this planet? rofl

How much of an insight does the first two episodes give about the entire series? Because I don't think the show warrants a 9.1 based on what I saw..... too early to tell maybe.

Not much. Some people can make a quick judgment but for me it took 5-6 episodes before I was really interested. Just because its kind of different, dark, slow at times but it builds up nicely in my opinion

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 14135
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Dexter - Page 6 Empty Re: Dexter

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:42 pm

@urbaNRoots wrote:If you didn't like the first two episodes you probably won't like it at all lol

Damn. I feel like I am missing out by not enjoying it that much lol. Problem is I am 7 seasons behind so it has to be damn good if I am gonna use that much time on it.

@Luca, fine I will give it 2 or 3 more episodes before I make my mind up lol.



EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Dexter - Page 6 Empty Re: Dexter

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:21 pm

I suggest you watch it up to episode 8 and if you still don't like it then you probably aren't going to like the show much more than you do at that point.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10347
Join date : 2012-03-03

Back to top Go down

Dexter - Page 6 Empty Re: Dexter

Post by dmize Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:55 am

@Luca wrote:
@EarlyPrototype wrote:
@Blue Barrett wrote:Smh.......Gil ALWAYS criticizing EVERYTHING be it football or not Laughing


I must say your standards are sky high mate. How do you live on this planet? rofl

How much of an insight does the first two episodes give about the entire series? Because I don't think the show warrants a 9.1 based on what I saw..... too early to tell maybe.

Not much. Some people can make a quick judgment but for me it took 5-6 episodes before I was really interested. Just because its kind of different, dark, slow at times but it builds up nicely in my opinion

This. It's a different type of show than usual(which I'm sure you know by now), I think by the 4th episode(whichever episode ends with the refrigerator scene, or maybe the one right afterward), you'll have a good indication of whether you like the show, or not. I believe that one episode is when you figure out how the story is going to go for season 1.

I showed the first 2 episodes to a few friends, only one of them continued to watch it. It'll take a bit longer to get into the story, along with building up the characters. Part of what makes Dexter great is how the writers make Dexter likeable, even as a killer/sociopath.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 6650
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Dexter - Page 6 Empty Re: Dexter

Post by Gil Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:20 am

@Blue Barrett wrote:Smh.......Gil ALWAYS criticizing EVERYTHING be it football or not Laughing


I must say your standards are sky high mate. How do you live on this planet? rofl

Last two seasons have been shocking. Shouldn't even be debatable, it completely went away from what made Dexter great. Reminds me somewhat of Prison Break.

I admit I was (eventually) wrong about Homeland though.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 9447
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Dexter - Page 6 Empty Re: Dexter

Post by dmize Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:56 am

@Gil wrote:
@Blue Barrett wrote:Smh.......Gil ALWAYS criticizing EVERYTHING be it football or not Laughing


I must say your standards are sky high mate. How do you live on this planet? rofl

Last two seasons have been shocking. Shouldn't even be debatable, it completely went away from what made Dexter great. Reminds me somewhat of Prison Break.

I admit I was (eventually) wrong about Homeland though.

I admit I preferred the earlier seasons of Dexter by far(1-4, 5th season was just alright). But I still enjoy the show, even though the writing has been progressively worse.

Spoiler:
Like in the season 7 finale, how Hannah gets out of jail/hospital. She just got arrested for murder charges and they leave the door unguarded :facepalm: And they only tied one of her hands up with a ziptie, and left scissors right next to her bed. The hell? How convenient that was for her.

And yeah the Quinn storyline led absolutely nowhere. That was just a time waster it seems. I thought they would have the stripper g/f being held by the Koshkas, when I heard the letter she left.

I also thought that George guy was a serious money maker for them also and held some power as they showed him talking to some of the Koshka higher ups about Isaak, how does no one look into his murder?

It was like they had no plan and just wrote in that Quinn storyline on a whim.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 6650
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Dexter - Page 6 Empty Re: Dexter

Post by EarlyPrototype Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:54 pm

Yup you guys were right....I am actually liking it quite a lot now. I think I will continue watching it for as long as possible. Very Happy
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Dexter - Page 6 Empty Re: Dexter

Post by RED Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:00 am

Just literally finished watching the finale. Great season...but many things stopped it from potentially being arguably the best season in the show.

It felt like the writers built so many of the plot lines that they didn't know how to best end them and kinda hurried the endings to them. Like the corruption of Quinn and his involvement with Nadia and the Mafia. Isaak and Dexter's storyline felt rushed too towards the end.

The problem with this season was that they tried to fit in so much in a 12 episode series. Maybe they could have stretched it to 15 episodes this season ?

But it was going so well up until episode 9/10 when they just decided to rush things in order to focus on the whole leguarta/ dexter/debra storyline.

All in all, it was a solid season. Dexter is still one of the best shows on TV, and this season did well to wipe away that awful season 6. Thumbs up
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10249
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Dexter - Page 6 Empty Re: Dexter

Post by RED Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:03 am

@dmize wrote:
@Gil wrote:
@Blue Barrett wrote:Smh.......Gil ALWAYS criticizing EVERYTHING be it football or not Laughing


I must say your standards are sky high mate. How do you live on this planet? rofl

Last two seasons have been shocking. Shouldn't even be debatable, it completely went away from what made Dexter great. Reminds me somewhat of Prison Break.

I admit I was (eventually) wrong about Homeland though.

I admit I preferred the earlier seasons of Dexter by far(1-4, 5th season was just alright). But I still enjoy the show, even though the writing has been progressively worse.

Spoiler:
Like in the season 7 finale, how Hannah gets out of jail/hospital. She just got arrested for murder charges and they leave the door unguarded :facepalm: And they only tied one of her hands up with a ziptie, and left scissors right next to her bed. The hell? How convenient that was for her.

And yeah the Quinn storyline led absolutely nowhere. That was just a time waster it seems. I thought they would have the stripper g/f being held by the Koshkas, when I heard the letter she left.

I also thought that George guy was a serious money maker for them also and held some power as they showed him talking to some of the Koshka higher ups about Isaak, how does no one look into his murder?

It was like they had no plan and just wrote in that Quinn storyline on a whim.

Spot on. You explained better than I could. This season had too many loose ends and baffling scenarios.

It was still entertaining though.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10249
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Dexter - Page 6 Empty Re: Dexter

Post by yoonie Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:31 am

i'm lost since i only finished season 4...
@RED wrote:
@dmize wrote:
@Gil wrote:

Last two seasons have been shocking. Shouldn't even be debatable, it completely went away from what made Dexter great. Reminds me somewhat of Prison Break.

I admit I was (eventually) wrong about Homeland though.

I admit I preferred the earlier seasons of Dexter by far(1-4, 5th season was just alright). But I still enjoy the show, even though the writing has been progressively worse.

Spoiler:
Like in the season 7 finale, how Hannah gets out of jail/hospital. She just got arrested for murder charges and they leave the door unguarded :facepalm: And they only tied one of her hands up with a ziptie, and left scissors right next to her bed. The hell? How convenient that was for her.

And yeah the Quinn storyline led absolutely nowhere. That was just a time waster it seems. I thought they would have the stripper g/f being held by the Koshkas, when I heard the letter she left.

I also thought that George guy was a serious money maker for them also and held some power as they showed him talking to some of the Koshka higher ups about Isaak, how does no one look into his murder?

It was like they had no plan and just wrote in that Quinn storyline on a whim.

Spot on. You explained better than I could. This season had too many loose ends and baffling scenarios.

It was still entertaining though.


i'm lost since i only finished season 4... was it that bad??? i enjoyed the previous seasons. but now i'm in doubt if i'll continue watching
yoonie
yoonie
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 151
Join date : 2012-07-11

Back to top Go down

Dexter - Page 6 Empty Re: Dexter

Post by goonbrain Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:01 am

Honestly, the series should have been made with only 5-6 seasons. Most of the great tv series never had more than 6 seasons.
goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 580
Join date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Dexter - Page 6 Empty Re: Dexter

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:33 am

@goonbrain wrote:Honestly, the series should have been made with only 5-6 seasons. Most of the great tv series never had more than 6 seasons.
24, a personal favourite of mine, was 8 seasons long. Smallville, another personal favourite was 10 seasons long. As a matter of fact, seasons 5 & 6 are the worst Dexter seasons. Season 7, despite its flaws has revived the show and set it up perfectly for the final season 8.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10347
Join date : 2012-03-03

Back to top Go down

Dexter - Page 6 Empty Re: Dexter

Post by goonbrain Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:02 pm

@Blue Barrett wrote:
@goonbrain wrote:Honestly, the series should have been made with only 5-6 seasons. Most of the great tv series never had more than 6 seasons.
24, a personal favourite of mine, was 8 seasons long. Smallville, another personal favourite was 10 seasons long. As a matter of fact, seasons 5 & 6 are the worst Dexter seasons. Season 7, despite its flaws has revived the show and set it up perfectly for the final season 8.
What i meant to tell is if dexter was planned to have only 6 seasons, they would have set up a different storyline and it may or may not have turned better. But they stretched the series too long. I prefer it when they limit the series to a short number of seasons, and this will make most of the episodes more eventful. After a lot of seasons, the ideas starts running out and the writers will introduce new absurd elements.
If all the seasons have been pre-planned by the writers, it is fine. But when they go:"oh..this show is making a lot of money...let's add 2 more seasons!", it affects the series.



goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 580
Join date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Dexter - Page 6 Empty Re: Dexter

Post by goonbrain Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:06 pm

Maybe it's because all the shows i have been watching and liked immensly have not crossed 6 season mark Very Happy.
I will try out '24' and 'smallville'
goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 580
Join date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Dexter - Page 6 Empty Re: Dexter

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum