Cotes
Dim123
Forza
36 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Milan v Barcelona Thread

Post by Ganso Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:29 pm

Allegri was great,but he should have started Pato.Hes not only our big game player but our best finisher too.Who knows what could have happened if he started.

Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:33 pm

Firstly, what a fantastic game to watch. Shame about the result, but it could've been worse. Barca's movement was sublime. When Sanchez and Bonera came on around the same time I was on the edge of my seat thinking of Udinese (4-4) last season.

It also could've been better for us, but I'm not going to blame the referee entirely, but I will say that it was his inconsistency that annoyed me most. On both sides there were yellows for soft challenges, yellows for hard challenges, nothing whenever a player was already on a yellow. Nesta got a yellow somehow for the (dubious) penalty that Aquilani game away? Was it for dissent or what?

I thought some tactical mistakes were made by Allegri in starting Robinho over Pato and not subbing Aquilani off, he was booked early and giving away the ball far too often. A bad game for him.

Ibra got his goal, and Boateng proved he has matured from the nobody he was at Portsmouth to a truly class player- just look at the touch he made with the inside of his right boot to beat Abidal before scoring, just magical.

We can learn from both the positives and the negatives in this game so that we can improve and hopefully progress to much later stages of the competition and bring down some of the other top teams out there.

Forza Milan!
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackmore. Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:35 pm

Good game everyone. Milan can be a realy European powerhouse with the right signings. Gave us two good games, and I really enjoyed watching them. Here's to you guys reaching the knockouts and hopping you retain your crown.
Blackmore.
Blackmore.
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:01 pm

While it was a loss it was not a bad loss. We went head on against the supposed best team in the world and in two games gave them a run for their money. We could have won this game which is what makes me satisfied. We were never out of the game. Things to build on, our squad is still not complete but I like our chances going into the knock out stages especially if we have a great Transfer window. Anyway I'm proud of our boys today, as I am always proud of them
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:47 pm

Kudos guys, you put in a great effort but honestly I would be a bit disappointed because you definitely could have won this game. Allegri had the right strategy in place so from a tactical standpoint you guys were very solid.

I would worry about how narrow you were playing though. Barca don't stretch teams like they used too so that was less of an issue for you tonight, but I'd get that fixed if I could.

Also, Boateng :bow:, Nesta :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:55 am

Hey guys, what a match.

I'm proud of our team. I'm happy we equalized TWICE. I'm happy Ibra got a goal Razz. And I'm really happy we didn't play defensively, so no one and say that we parked the bus. We played like the home side should and gave Barca a game. Indeed our midfield was no match for Barca's, we don't have any stars in that part of the pitch. I love Seedorf for all his skill but he's not good at tracking back and defending. Anyways, a signing or two in January in Mid and we will have a real CL contending team IMO.

I hate, HATE, that we have fell victim to a poor referee decision against Barca: we joined that club. I'm not going to say there's a conspiracy but there is no way that was a penalty, I'm sorry. harhar mentioned a body check on Cesc in the second half, my feed was shitty so I missed it but if so fine. Still, it sucks when a referee decision is the difference between the match.

I'm proud of our boys though. Barca's first goal was an OG, the second was a non-penalty, and the third was world class. We played a hell of a game, and I can't blame them for not getting the result, they played great.

forza milan
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:17 am

Game showed we are still behind the likes of Man U, Barca, RM and Bayern.

But, we can fix it damn it. The midfield and defence were constant today, getting passed by easily (Barca too though). Zambrotta was raped on many occassions.

However, our attack and creativity upfront was godly today :bow:

Imagine how few creative mids will up our game. Cant wait for January

Also, hope we get an LB, its frustrating and a shot in the back that Taiwo was a bust Sad
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by ToEy Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:51 am

Grande_Milano wrote:Game showed we are still behind the likes of Man U, Barca, RM and Bayern.

But, we can fix it damn it. The midfield and defence were constant today, getting passed by easily (Barca too though). Zambrotta was raped on many occassions.

However, our attack and creativity upfront was godly today :bow:

Imagine how few creative mids will up our game. Cant wait for January

Also, hope we get an LB, its frustrating and a shot in the back that Taiwo was a bust Sad

It was indeed a great game, Milan in my eyes now officially recovered from the scandal and is a contender for the UCL, yes as you said, almost the same level as Barca, Real and Bayern, and imho better than United already. Hope that you guys draw Real and give them the boot =D

ToEy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Chagur Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:45 am

Losing in this way is nothing to be ashamed of. Great game, very interesting and exciting.
Kudos to the boys and Allegri. No matter what the result is I'm proud ofour Milan. Great attitude and big hearts.
P.S Silvio please invest in our midfield
Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 35559113
Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 31450433

Chagur
Chagur
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:52 am

As many have said already very proud of the team, we played something near our limit, but Barca are the better team and there is no shame in admitting that.

My hope now is that we move on and learn from this wonderful opportunity and become even stronger. No doubt this tie has given us more belief that we can compete in the near future with the big boys.

Robinho's miss was so horrible i nearly was in a petrified state, until zlatan scorer then i was brought back to life. Love my team, and so proud of them.

Forza Milan
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:42 am

Congrats to Milan for playing an amazing game.
Had Pato started instead of Robinho the outcome might have been different.

Cheers
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:01 pm

thanks all the barca fans, for your kind compliments on our players.

also its really nice to hear compliments on our club and our players from meessi,xavi, puyol, villa and guardiola.

nice to know our club relationship with barcelona on and off the pitch is strong.

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:05 pm

They make that comments because they won, and because referee gifted them a penalty.

You woul heard whole other story if we beat them, or played defencevily
AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:33 pm

The Italian press the day after: A great Barcelona side but full marks to Milan. Here are the headlines and the front pages:

MILAN – Dejan Stankovic said it (“Every time I see Milan, they’re playing better. To get to Barcelona’s level, they need two more reinforcements. Just two. They’re fine up front. Pato and Robinho are among my favorites and Boateng is a great player, up there with the best in Europe.), and the Italian press agree. Milan played their game and what it game it was, against a team that play a brand of football that can overcome any adversary.

LA GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT
The Cover: Milan Great, Barcelona Too Much
Inside: Milan K.O with heads held high

CORRIERE DELLO SPORT
The Cover: Milan are up there
Inside: Milan-Barca, what a show!

TUTTOSPORT
The Cover: Milan, shame! Two comebacks weren’t enough. But what a show!
Inside: Milan, you’re worthy of Barcelona

CORRIERE DELLA SERA
Cover: Football show at San Siro
Interno: Milan take a bow

LA REPUBBLICA
Cover: Sealed by Messi, Milan give in to Barcelona
Inside: Applause and a great show at the San Siro but Barca are still untouchable.

IL GIORNALE
Inside: Barca score three while Milan score an own goal, but what a show!
Everyone on your feet, here are the unreachables!

(reference: http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/show/137466)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:43 pm

AttacanteBG wrote:They make that comments because they won, and because referee gifted them a penalty.

well, i have to say barca players, in particular ... puyol, and guardiola, had praised milan, before the match.
and lets not forget to appreciate guardiola, who right after winning CL in Rome, firstly dedicated victory to Paolo Maldini, it was just incredible compliment from a guy, who have no affiliation with Milan in the past, but its all about true sportsmanship, and appreciating legend like maldini.

another example, was that Puyol, said he was always admired and was a big fan of Paolo Maldini and milan. i remember Puyol making this remark long time ago around 2005. or 2006, in Albertini farewell testimonial match, when we played against Barcelona. he made a comment, that he has always appreciated milan, that he has barca in his heart, but milan is just like a second team for him. its evident that so many current generation of players, are inspired and loved sacchi's team, and hence we are still appreciated because of our history, Puyol is one of many players who appreciate us.

and lastly another example to how much barca milan relationship is strong, is that just in summer break, Paolo Maldini visited Barca training camp, i think in U.S. his sons Christian and Daniel also paid visit to Barca camp shaking hands wlith Villa, Pique, Xavi Puyol. it just shows, i mean from both sides, we appreciate each other on and off field.

well, i think with Real Madrid, the relationship of Barca is always fiesty. and its been even more boiled since Mourinho took the helm...

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:54 pm

A question guys.

When Nesta went off injured, how come Bonera came in? Where is Mexes, he injured too?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:59 pm

AttacanteBG wrote:They make that comments because they won, and because referee gifted them a penalty.

I think this is a little unfair.

The 1st leg it was a draw and Barca fans and playing staff were equally as respectful and generous in their comments.

Also, against Bilbao where we only got a draw, or last seasons vs Arsenal where we didnt win the first leg, our fans and playing staff were again respectful and generous in their praise.

When teams play with fairness and pride, show quality and dont resort to dirty tactics I think you will find Barca fans are quite normal and respectful of their opponant.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:04 pm

The Franchise wrote:A question guys.

When Nesta went off injured, how come Bonera came in? Where is Mexes, he injured too?

yes,just recently before Roma match... hand injury... he is training with the group, but yes still sidelined with injury

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:11 pm

Cheers. Thats a shame.

No harm done though, Bonera didnt really do bad anyway. Just wondering.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:26 pm

If Bonera scored yesterday when he had the opportunity .... I would of turned him into a god on GL :bow:
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by KPB27 Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:35 pm

Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 56e812161071290 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 469c34161071311 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 13b9cb161071332 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 5d4114161071358 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 96a6b6161071375 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 849241161071416 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 D8de7e161071447 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 E0c6cd161071464 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 096e69161071496 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 Cb4fb0161071536 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 6a9e25161071572 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 74b912161071591 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 4a4da3161071614 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 4bc54e161071628 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 7f9bfc161071651 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 87fda6161071674 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 1099c2161071702 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 192c5a161071732 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 8a2ef9161071759 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 496d3d161071786 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 165ec3161071810 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 C3ca39161071835 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 37dff9161071867 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 75072b161071892 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 C117af161071923 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 073861161071948 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 A27e89161071964 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 50bf79161071978 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 7b95a4161071996 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 14bf6d161072021 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 C8e012161072045 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 8deb08161072060 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 1a6001161072081 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 2c1f67161072097 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 37244f161072127 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 417d26161072149 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 4f741e161072162 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 325be2161072179 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 9ab3c0161072194 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 F2a304161072214 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 1b61a8161072233 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 E08276161072252 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 B2c5d0161072265 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 B0c54b161072276 Milan v Barcelona Thread - Page 3 671a54161072290
KPB27
KPB27
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:55 pm

Xavi, on past interest by Milan "I remember those days and I was very proud that Mr. Galliani, then, did his best to meet my father to try to pass for AC Milan; is one of the clubs prestigious in the world but in the end, I decided to stay in Barcelona. I think very highly of Mr. Galliani and thank him again for those moments in which Milan has honored me of interest. "

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:58 pm

Barcelona's Messi delights in 'crucial' Milan win

"We badly wanted to win against this great team and I think it was a spectacle for the fans," Lionel Messi told UEFA.com after his side's group-clinching 3-2 victory against AC Milan.

"We badly wanted to win against this great team and I think it was a great spectacle for the fans in a fantastic stadium," Lionel Messi told UEFA.com after masterminding his side's 3-2 victory against fellow qualifiers AC Milan that guaranteed the UEFA Champions League holders will go into the round of 16 draw as Group H winners. Clarence Seedorf, however, remained upbeat in defeat.

Lionel Messi, Barcelona forward
It was a great match against a prestigious team. We finished top which was what we were looking for. It was nice to score my first goal against an Italian team but the important thing was to win and we did that against a side with excellent players."

It was crucial to win tonight as it makes the draw for the round of 16 slightly easier, in theory", which is better for us. We badly wanted to win against this great team and I think it was a great spectacle for the fans in a fantastic stadium.

Xavi Hernández, Barcelona midfielder
It was a great victory against one of the most famous sides in Europe and the whole team put in a huge effort to win because Milan refused to lie down.

The first goal was definitely an own goal. I was waiting at the far post to tuck it in and he put it in while trying to clear. The coach decided to play three at the back to give us an extra man in midfield and to control the possession in midfield and create chances – I think we managed to do that quite effectively.

I dedicate my goal, the victory and all the positive energy this result brings to [assistant coach] Tito [Vilanova, who is in hospital]. He is very highly thought of at the club and I send my best wishes to him and his family.

Clarence Seedorf, Milan midfielder
It was a fun match to play in and it was entertaining for the fans too. "I think it was a close game that either team could have won and one which was played in the right spirit". We lost but we put on a performance that will give us belief going forward.

Barcelona are not the yardstick by which we measure ourselves. We are our own yardstick and we have shown that we have the quality and the players to do well in the Champions League this year.

Gianluca Zambrotta, Milan defender
We knew we were playing one of the best sides in the world at the moment, so I think we did really well. We drew 2-2 at their place but played better in this 3-2 defeat and caused a great team a lot of problems.

Tonight there wasn't such a gulf between the sides. They leave gaps at the back which we exploited but they obviously have a phenomenal attack so they were always going to create chances. We did too and it was an excellent match. If we play as well tonight in the next stage of the competition we'll be a match for anyone.

(http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=1669216.html)

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:16 am

Very proud of how our team played today. Barca were clearly the better team but we fought them hard, and no that was not a penalty, sorry. But they still were the better team and a part of me is a bit happy that we lost because this will probably be an incentive for Galliani and Allegri to reshape our immobile midfield. If we drew.won people would kid themselves we are on the same/better level than Barca and stick with this team and get eliminated from last 16 against.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3