Milan31
Spooony
Dante
Ganso
Potential
38 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

AC Milan vs FC Barcelona; first leg official thread Empty AC Milan vs FC Barcelona; first leg official thread

Post by Potential Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:35 pm

Unavaliable players:
  • Mathieu Flamini
  • Gennaro Ivan Gattuso
  • Sulley Ali Muntari
  • Rodney Strasser
  • Antonio Cassano
  • Filippo Inzaghi
  • Mark Van Bommel

Could recover in time:

• Ignazio Abate
  • Alessandro Nesta
  • Clarence Seedorf
  • Kevin-Prince Boateng
  • Robinho
  • Alexandre Pato

Ideal lineup

AC Milan vs FC Barcelona; first leg official thread 362702_A_C__Milan

Prediction: Barcelona are going to get vaporized in the San Siro, they are going to leave the pitch devastated at half-team and every shred of hope would be vaporized by full-time, their entire squad is going to get dismantled and Messi will be deemed insignificant; 2-0

Wild prediction: Nocerino, Seedorf, Silva and Ibrahimovic to be unplayable.

Most likely to happen: Robinho to miss a sitter.

Discuss everything related to the first leg here.
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

AC Milan vs FC Barcelona; first leg official thread Empty Re: AC Milan vs FC Barcelona; first leg official thread

Post by Ganso Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:40 pm

Very unlucky draw.

I pity Barca AC Milan vs FC Barcelona; first leg official thread Troll
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

AC Milan vs FC Barcelona; first leg official thread Empty Re: AC Milan vs FC Barcelona; first leg official thread

Post by Ganso Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:41 pm

Could recover in time:

Ignazio Abate
Alessandro Nesta
Clarence Seedorf
Kevin-Prince Boateng
Robinho
Alexandre Pato

players in red will be available
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:06 pm

The player we need the most is none other than GOATENG :bow:

As for Nesta , i thought he could play from the match with Juventus , but he wasn't fit enough . What happened afterwards , got injured again?
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Spooony Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:09 pm

Do not think Pep will spoil you guys again by playing 2 defencive midfielders as CB who gave away too goals basically due to their poor box play and loose marking. And do not get hung up on Messi again cause last meeting it was a fail miserably
Spooony
Spooony
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:11 pm

Spooony wrote:Do not think Pep will spoil you guys again by playing 2 defencive midfielders as CB who gave away too goals basically due to their poor box play and loose marking. And do not get hung up on Messi again cause last meeting it was a fail miserably

let it flow .. Laughing

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:13 pm

we scored 2 against Busi-Masch and 2 vs Puyol-Masch......
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:21 pm

LOL @ Barca fans excuses, we got this Twisted Evil
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:33 pm

Milan31 wrote:LOL @ Barca fans excuses, we got this Twisted Evil

well , we certainly have our chances , if that's what you mean ..

because , if it's the other "we got this" , well ,

"we got this" against Arsenal as well.. and you remember what happened :

:vagi:

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:42 pm

No Van Bommel? What's up with him?
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:47 pm

Hete BLKSM wrote:No Van Bommel? What's up with him?

he's suspended by yellows. Will have him back in Camp Nou. Nevertheless, i hope we won't miss him much in San Siro
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Spooony Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:53 pm

Arsenal left Van Bommel unmarked for 90 minutes over at the Emirates. You can keep Van Bommel or give him to Stoke. We do not deal in old timers that is Italy's department. When Messi is 30 and past his prime we will sell him too you guys for a shit load of money like with Ronaldinho
Spooony
Spooony
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:57 pm

I see, makes sense. Should've realized it was a suspension.

But looking at that line-up in the first post, I assume it's a joke like the prediction? Seedorf as your most defensive midfielder?

I'm hoping Furby gets to play.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:01 pm

Hete BLKSM wrote:I see, makes sense. Should've realized it was a suspension.

But looking at that line-up in the first post, I assume it's a joke like the prediction? Seedorf as your most defensive midfielder?

I'm hoping Furby gets to play.

Not as defensive midfielder, but as a deep lying playmaker, Nocerino our most defensive midfielder in this formation is going to have to cover enough of the left flank to support Zambrotta, while Boateng work-rate always helps the CM (Seedorf in this case) in defending.
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:01 pm

yeah thats not the linuep ,seedorf as Dm lol

midfield will be aquilani,ambrosini,nocerino and boateng
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:04 pm

Ganso wrote:yeah thats not the linuep ,seedorf as Dm lol

midfield will be aquilani,ambrosini,nocerino and boateng

Knowning Allgeri, it's probably just that, I just hope for my formation Sad I know it can work.
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spooony Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:05 pm

Seedorf is a deep laying playmaker and Van Bommel a destroyer. Boateng is your box to box midfielder Nocerino is a holding midfielder. But you need the same amount of midfielders as Barca plus 1 cause Messi drop deep and create another extra midfielder
Spooony
Spooony
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:07 pm

Spooony wrote:Seedorf is a deep laying playmaker and Van Bommel a destroyer. Boateng is your box to box midfielder Nocerino is a holding midfielder. But you need the same amount of midfielders as Barca plus 1 cause Messi drop deep and create another extra midfielder

Same as both of Ibrahimovic, ES92 and Robinho.
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:16 pm

We got it...

Barca is the mightiest in this planet Earth, Messi is a Divine being sent from heaven and mere mortal like Milan, Arsenal, United, etc etc etc have to bend over to make way for Barca....

If people do not feel like contributing properly and instead wanted trash talk, do it at RB section.

Keeping this on topic:

I'd actually prefer ambro to be the DM for defensive solidity (even though he's kind of awful lately) rather than seedorf. Against Barca who will exploit all the slightest space, we are probably better off having a defensive minded player to close the gap than having a creative player who will send passes around.

Either we play Seedorf or Aquaman, playing both of them is suicidal.

Seth
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by milanfan7 Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:24 pm

Spooony wrote:Arsenal left Van Bommel unmarked for 90 minutes over at the Emirates. You can keep Van Bommel or give him to Stoke. We do not deal in old timers that is Italy's department. When Messi is 30 and past his prime we will sell him too you guys for a shit load of money like with Ronaldinho

Old timers that is Italy's department? The "old timers" were winning CLS every year when you were still a Manchester United fan.

On topic: Our anchor will determine the game. Very delegate position that is,since he will be the one responsible for marking Messi.
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:25 pm

Spooony wrote:Arsenal left Van Bommel unmarked for 90 minutes over at the Emirates. You can keep Van Bommel or give him to Stoke. We do not deal in old timers that is Italy's department. When Messi is 30 and past his prime we will sell him too you guys for a shit load of money like with Ronaldinho

marking defending midfielders :vagi:

unless it's Pirlo or Xabi Alonso , no team in the world is gonna mark the defending midfielder :coffee:
unless you know , goes all rampant in the box or something like that.

And for the record ,Van Bommel is still a great player ,but i won't argue about it with you. It's clear that players aren't good enough when they leave Barcelona :coffee:
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:28 pm

Well don't get you panties in a bunch now. If I'd have to pick one team that is most likely to end up in the finals other than Barça and Real Madrid, it would be Milan without a doubt. But you have to agree with me that Barça is the superior side.

I'm hoping el nino maravilla will show why he was named best player of the Serie A last year.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Spooony Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:08 pm

milanfan7 wrote:

Old timers that is Italy's department? The "old timers" were winning CLS every year when you were still a Manchester United fan.

On topic: Our anchor will determine the game. Very delegate position that is,since he will be the one responsible for marking Messi.
Man UTD fan? I am not from Africa thank you. , Arsenal could have nullifyed the midfield conundrum of Milan in two ways; either Ramsey could join Arsenal’s central midfielders and close down Nocerino at the risk of leaving Abate free or Song could push up and leave the defence to deal with K.P Boateng.

And it is exactly with that thought of yours where people make the mistake. Jose said it best

‘Look, if I have a triangle in midfield – Claude Makelele behind and two others just in front – I will always have an advantage against a pure 4-4-2 where the central midfielders are side by side. That’s because I will always have an extra man. It starts with Makelele, who is between the lines. If nobody comes to him he can see the whole pitch and has time. If he gets closed down it means one of the two other central midfielders is open. If they are closed down and the other team’s wingers come inside to help, it means there is space now for us on the flank, either for our own wingers or for our full-backs. There is nothing a pure 4-4-2 can do to stop things’.

If nobody comes to him he can see the whole pitch and has time.

That is why Busquets is thriving
Spooony
Spooony
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:15 pm

Hete BLKSM wrote:Well don't get you panties in a bunch now. If I'd have to pick one team that is most likely to end up in the finals other than Barça and Real Madrid, it would be Milan without a doubt. But you have to agree with me that Barça is the superior side.

I'm hoping el nino maravilla will show why he was named best player of the Serie A last year.

Of course , Barcelona are the world champions and proven as well. There's no question about Barcelona's worth . Though , you know what they say , you are as "superior" as you were in your last match.

Not to mention about Inter , when clearly the team with the better quality and superiority on the field , actually got knocked out. This is just an example , but proves what i say.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:55 pm

Spooony wrote:Arsenal could have nullifyed the midfield conundrum of Milan in two ways; either Ramsey could join Arsenal’s central midfielders and close down Nocerino at the risk of leaving Abate free or Song could push up and leave the defence to deal with K.P Boateng.

somehow you forget that Ibra also tend to drop deep for balls?

At the end of the day, you can put x amount of midfielders to deal with the free person, but you are doing that at the expense of other department, more so if you do not have the proper personnel to pull that.

If you pull 1 from your defense to deal with the extra men in the midfield, you are risking pushing up too high, leaving plenty of spaces behind to be exploited if the attacker breaks through the offside trap or break free of their men.

If you pull 1 from your offense to deal with them (extra men) you are risking dropping too deep causing the attacks to be isolated.

You seem to be stuck in the idea that extra men = advantage.

Think of it this way, if there's no space for that extra men to run into/exploit or no passing route to reach that extra men, then that extra men is as good as useless.

Seth
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next