Dante
guest7
The Verminator
billy_gr
Potential
38 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

AC Milan vs FC Barcelona; away leg official thread Empty AC Milan vs FC Barcelona; away leg official thread

Post by Potential Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:39 pm

Unavaliable players:
  • Mathieu Flamini
  • Gennaro Ivan Gattuso
  • Sulley Ali Muntari
  • Rodney Strasser
  • Antonio Cassano
  • Filippo Inzaghi
  • Thiago Silva

Could recover in time:

• Alessandro Nesta
  • Robinho
  • Alexandre Pato

After an impressive game from Antonini and Bonera; Abate is back, his speed is vital if we're going to press Barcelona for an early goal; Nesta have picked a knock in which Bonera could partner Mexes in the CB, however it's unclear on what will happen.

Mark van Bommel; our true midfield anchor is back in action after being suspended for the home leg, he is vital to our midfield although Ambrosini did amazingly (as always in big games).

Aquilani and Seedorf will be the creativity force in the midfield (although I don't mind having both of them), Seedorf is the world's best holding midfielder without a doubt.

Ideal Formation:

AC Milan vs FC Barcelona; away leg official thread 369453_A_C__Milan

Prediction: The home leg defensive display will continue, the parking of the midfield

Wild prediction: Milan to win after conceding first.

Most likely to happen: Messi not to score.

Discuss everything related to the first leg here.
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

AC Milan vs FC Barcelona; away leg official thread Empty Re: AC Milan vs FC Barcelona; away leg official thread

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:51 pm

IBRA & ROBINHO'S WASTEFULNESS WILL ELIMINATE MILAN
Whatever your club allegiance, you cannot but admire the fact that AC Milan managed to shut out Barcelona for the first time in two and a half years in Europe. Over the course of three matches this season, the Italian champions will have learned, first hand, a lot about the Catalans' strengths and weaknesses. On the evidence of the 270 minutes played, there is a disparity between the respective skill levels and cohesiveness in the teams.

But instead of lauding Milan for riding their luck on Wednesday night, there should be criticism for their forwards. The rearguard, in which Luca Antonini and Alessandro Nesta were impressive in the absence of Thiago Silva, fulfilled their end of the bargain in shackling Lionel Messi, Andres Iniesta and the rest of the Barcelona attacking unit. But at the other end of the pitch, Champions League also-rans Robinho and Zlatan Ibrahimovic demonstrated the profligacy that will send Milan out of the competition.

How frustrating it must be for their team-mates to see the Swede and the Brazilian show their yellow bellies in front of the goal of the best club side in the world. Milan created two eminently convertible chances but the finishing skills of Robinho and Zlatan were lamentable. The Brazilian's volley, from about eight yards in the middle of the goal, was that of a player who never believed he could score. Frankly, it was irresponsible. Likewise, Ibra, he of the increasingly-regressing Champions League reputation, was similarly wasteful when given the chance to beat Victor Valdes in a one-on-one situation.

Those chances will cost Milan because they will spend 90 minutes chasing Barcelona around Camp Nou. Well, nine Rossoneri will be chasing. Robinho and Ibrahimovic do not go in the other direction even when the situation demands it. Unfortunately for their team-mates, neither can bury a sitter.

by Peter Staunton... goal.com

well said and so true, actually its frightening to think of it. he is so right when he says 9 men kept their part of the bargain, and stuck with their status quo, meanwhile robinho and ibra had luxury having not necessarily had to defend as hard as the rest of 9 men, and they were assigned with task to bury chances, chances that ibra normally confidently converts in the league, and binho welll .... when he is in mood lol...

i m actually a bit worried that those misses in first leg yesterday both by ibra and robinho will come to haunt us....
:facepalm:

its strange but i feel that we got as much worries in attack that those guys dont convert, as much as injury and fragile situation in defense, well thanks to everyone in defense department that they have very much done their work and self sacrified a lot for the game but same cant be said about ibra and robinho

any opinion about it?

Back to top Go down

AC Milan vs FC Barcelona; away leg official thread Empty Re: AC Milan vs FC Barcelona; away leg official thread

Post by billy_gr Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:00 pm

prediction of the game.
The defensive game from your side will continue.
I expect Pep to field a rational 11.
Barca to get a narrow victory
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:04 pm

its strange to say this but playing maxi would give us a better chance to score than playing ibra lol..having said that.. i still have faith in ibra but he really needs to get involved in most crucial moment of the season.. after all he has done good things for us in league but really he needs to be more decisive in CL...

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:15 pm

Cmon guys i believe in you. You guys can do it. It's possible. Do it for football. Forza Rossoneri
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:28 pm

The Verminator wrote:Cmon guys i believe in you. You guys can do it. It's possible. Do it for football. Forza Rossoneri

yep we need san siro groundsmen to dig bunch of holes at camp nou to bury the legs of messi, xavi, iniesta... lol cause we got this lot of accusation in general section and in press that pitch is the main cause that milan got more benefits.

lol...

joke aside, we need importantly abate silva back, and nesta and boateng in full match fitness plus we need these guys to do exact same homework, exactly keep that same level of concentration and focus that they put yesterday, because away arsenal game proved that we got distracted which simply shouldnt repeat. we need that team work, that team ethic of yesterday that mentality of sacrificing for one another and work as a team and have belief and determination to win at all cost no matter that barca throws upon us.

and another most important thing, ibra and robinho has last chance to stop the critics quiet once for all. i wished that fellow posters in general section had more to say about ibra and robinho than the pitch lol

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:49 pm

Forza Zlatan!!!!

Boatang to score a sexy golazo

Mehssi to be meh like usual
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:28 pm

billy_gr wrote:prediction of the game.

Why do you insist about Guardiola messing up last night? really

The only strange move i saw from him was Tello so early on in the 2nd half. Despite that , Iniesta was really tired and didn't have the game of his life either.

You can doubt him about Puyol playing LB maybe , but he had no other choice . Unless i forget someone , no he had no other choice.
The only thing i can think of is Fabregas didn't play. I don't know if he's injured though.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:43 pm

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS WE ARE THROUGH,thank you potentialdamus
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:45 pm

Dante13 wrote:
billy_gr wrote:prediction of the game.

Why do you insist about Guardiola messing up last night? really

The only strange move i saw from him was Tello so early on in the 2nd half. Despite that , Iniesta was really tired and didn't have the game of his life either.

You can doubt him about Puyol playing LB maybe , but he had no other choice . Unless i forget someone , no he had no other choice.
The only thing i can think of is Fabregas didn't play. I don't know if he's injured though.
its always keita and pep's fault when they lose,
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:52 pm

btw i would like to add that barca will face their worst nightmare this Saturday,Bilbao.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:58 pm

I was discussing the formation Allegri must choose in Camp Nou with a few friends, and our consensus was as followed: The parts that ain't broken, mustn't be fixed.

I mean, if Bonera and Antonini did well, why should we swap them for Abate and Zambro? If you guys remember, if it weren't for Abate's weird indifference Barca wouldn't have scored that ridiculous open-goal crap in the group stages.

And Ambrosini was quite perfect last night, why should we REPLACE him with Van Bommel?

My idea is to remove this asshole Robin'who and bring in the dutch oldman.

This way, we'll form an impenetrable defensive trio helping the back-line, and Seedorf, Boateng and Ibra will create a mix of creativity, physicality and incision.

Ibra, aside from THAT miss, did great to provide fantastic space and opportunities for Robinho and the rest, we can depend on him to enter the duo behind him into play next time.

And then, if all else failed or something nasty happened, we could bring Maxi in to move in Barca's box and use his body to make something positive happen.

Let's agree on a 4-3-3 that could turn into 4-5-1, 4-3-2-1 and 4-3-1-2 at times.

It might sound idealistic, but if we can create a devastating storm in the opening 10 minutes and score a miraculous decider, then the team can park the ship (as Dante13 said) and protect the valuable lead as if it were their wives' decency!!!

Then, if worse comes to worse and we concede one, we can still keep defending because any draw other than 0-0 will kick us through to the semis.

Let's face it, if there's only one team in the world who could challenge (and defeat) mighty Barca, it is definitely us.

Just imagine what you could do in the general section to all the opponents, haters and underestimaters who made fun of our nursing home asses...

Stuff that dreams are made of!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by IrasMaldinista on Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:00 pm

my formation

Abate-Bonera-Mexes-Antonini
--Aquilani--Ambrosini-Seedorf
------------king-----------------
----Ibra------------Pato-------
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyDaBeast Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:06 pm

IRAS good analysis but trust me your wasting your time with all that, you know just as much as me and the next person that Allegri is one stubborn nut to crack and as long as he is our coach it will always be a 4-3-1-2. dont get all excited with 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 or 2-5-3, 1-3-2-5

Ganso: too risky having 2 playmakers in mid at 1 time.
TonyDaBeast
TonyDaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:12 pm

Nocerino messed up too many balls in the final third,id rather have aqiulani...but i agree,nocernio should play since were going to the nou,aquaman should have played yesterday imo.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:15 pm

I see potential in this thread again. hmm
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:21 pm

I won't discuss formations or tactics anymore, I mean after last night I give it all to Allegri and secondly to our players that executed perfectly. Thank you Milan you always make us proud.

Only one thing, I would like to see Lopez take that spot form Binho.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by milanfan7 Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:49 pm

IrasMaldinista wrote:I was discussing the formation Allegri must choose in Camp Nou with a few friends, and our consensus was as followed: The parts that ain't broken, mustn't be fixed.

I mean, if Bonera and Antonini did well, why should we swap them for Abate and Zambro? If you guys remember, if it weren't for Abate's weird indifference Barca wouldn't have scored that ridiculous open-goal crap in the group stages.

And Ambrosini was quite perfect last night, why should we REPLACE him with Van Bommel?

My idea is to remove this asshole Robin'who and bring in the dutch oldman.

This way, we'll form an impenetrable defensive trio helping the back-line, and Seedorf, Boateng and Ibra will create a mix of creativity, physicality and incision.

Ibra, aside from THAT miss, did great to provide fantastic space and opportunities for Robinho and the rest, we can depend on him to enter the duo behind him into play next time.

And then, if all else failed or something nasty happened, we could bring Maxi in to move in Barca's box and use his body to make something positive happen.

Let's agree on a 4-3-3 that could turn into 4-5-1, 4-3-2-1 and 4-3-1-2 at times.

It might sound idealistic, but if we can create a devastating storm in the opening 10 minutes and score a miraculous decider, then the team can park the ship (as Dante13 said) and protect the valuable lead as if it were their wives' decency!!!

Then, if worse comes to worse and we concede one, we can still keep defending because any draw other than 0-0 will kick us through to the semis.

Let's face it, if there's only one team in the world who could challenge (and defeat) mighty Barca, it is definitely us.

Just imagine what you could do in the general section to all the opponents, haters and underestimaters who made fun of our nursing home asses...

Stuff that dreams are made of!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You should post in the GS if we go through!!!
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyDaBeast Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:03 pm

CMON *bleep* MILAN! LETS FINISH THE JOB SO I CAN STOP HEARING THESE *bleep* BARCA PPL ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL MORNING DAMMIT, BUNCH OF WHINERS. I WILL PRAY LIKE A BEAST THAT WE DUMP THEM OUT. HAD ENOUGH NOW.
TonyDaBeast
TonyDaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:22 pm

Barca fans in GS :facepalm:

If we win, expect glorious butthurt from LM & Co and FCB superstars themselvves Vagi, Pique, Peek-A-Busquets and Co as well about pitch, penalty, deception, ill intentions, volcanoes, tsunamis etc.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:40 pm

The ONLY changes I would make is Binho out, Maxi In and Abate in instead of Bonera,that is all. Ambrosini had a FANTASTIC game, I don't see why he should be replaced, I agree with you there Iras.
My Lineup
Abbiati
Abate - Mexes - Nesta (If injured than Bonera) - Antonini
Nocerino - Ambro - Seedorf
Prince
Ibra - Maxi

My only fear is Mesbah :facepalm:
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:47 pm

M99 wrote:Barca fans in GS :facepalm:

If we win, expect glorious butthurt from LM & Co and FCB superstars themselvves Vagi, Pique, Peek-A-Busquets and Co as well about pitch, penalty, deception, ill intentions, volcanoes, tsunamis etc.

Agreed. You guys think you have it hard, my own BROTHER is a Barca fan. Ugh...
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by viepr149 Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:27 am

People gotta get off Ibra and say he flopped. His chance was not that clear cut. On his left and was getting pressured by Puyol and Valdes.

Robinho played terrible.

Ibra was only person creating and distributing.

I agree with the other poster. El Sharraway should not have come on. Instead Lopez. Every chance Allegri has given him he has produced. I don't know why he plays Sharrawy.

I'm predicting 1-1. Lopez - Xavi

Lopez late goal.

viepr149
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:37 am

who said ibra flopped?
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:20 am

We gotta get Maxi in there.Ive had enough with goddamn Robinho.
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next