Mamad
Zees
Iceman
hrealmadrid
The Messiah
42 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Sergio Ramos:'' It's an honour to be compared with Franz Beckenbauer - Page 2 Empty Re: Sergio Ramos:'' It's an honour to be compared with Franz Beckenbauer

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 19 Nov 2011, 00:06

Freeza wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Freeza wrote:
harhar11 wrote:
Mamad wrote:
Maldini himself said that My heir is Ramos :coffee: .

So?:coffee: You were questioning piques comparison with beckenbauer, I never questioned the comparison of ramos with maldini(although maldini could defend unlike ramos smoking)

If you can't see why Pique is compared with beckenbauer and not ramos, then its not my problem :coffee:

Ramos can't defend? you have obviously never watched Ramos at CB :brickwall:

Glen Johnson > Ramos

The facts are there :coffee:

I don't disagree, i don't like Ramos at the RB, but i am saying he is great defensively in the Centre of the Defense, as he has showed in many occasions this year.

Edit: I don't get this whole "It is a disgrace to compare someone to a legend" thing, it is a comparison, and a comparison can be everything from style to quality to looks, doesn't mean it have to be 100% exact

Watch England v Spain.......

Johnson goes past Ramos like he is not a world class defender.......

but seing as Ramos is thier heir to Beckenbauer and WC i suppose it was a one off and he can go back to owning Sociedad and Zaragoza again to further cement his world class status :coffee:

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Sergio Ramos:'' It's an honour to be compared with Franz Beckenbauer - Page 2 Empty Re: Sergio Ramos:'' It's an honour to be compared with Franz Beckenbauer

Post by Lex Sat 19 Nov 2011, 00:19

What's Beckenbauer done to attract such criticism? Sad
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat 19 Nov 2011, 00:21

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Freeza wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Freeza wrote:
harhar11 wrote:
Mamad wrote:

So?:coffee: You were questioning piques comparison with beckenbauer, I never questioned the comparison of ramos with maldini(although maldini could defend unlike ramos smoking)

If you can't see why Pique is compared with beckenbauer and not ramos, then its not my problem :coffee:

Glen Johnson > Ramos

I don't disagree, i don't like Ramos at the RB, but i am saying he is great defensively in the Centre of the Defense, as he has showed in many occasions this year.

Edit: I don't get this whole "It is a disgrace to compare someone to a legend" thing, it is a comparison, and a comparison can be everything from style to quality to looks, doesn't mean it have to be 100% exact

but seing as Ramos is thier heir to Beckenbauer and WC i suppose it was a one off and he can go back to owning Sociedad and Zaragoza again to further cement his world class status
:coffee:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat 19 Nov 2011, 00:29

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Freeza wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Freeza wrote:
harhar11 wrote:
Mamad wrote:

Glen Johnson > Ramos

but seing as Ramos is thier heir to Beckenbauer and WC i suppose it was a one off and he can go back to owning Sociedad and Zaragoza again to further cement his world class status :coffee:
:bow:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sat 19 Nov 2011, 00:34

pique won cl la liga its not so laughable to hear the comparison. but with ramos it was not right time to compare. i think they just made fun with ramos and he suffers in media now
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Sat 19 Nov 2011, 00:49

these comparisons are often misinterpreted...when players are called the next beckenbauer, the next maldini, the next zidane or the next ronaldo its not because they are like them...its because they have all the tools to be like them...
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat 19 Nov 2011, 01:43

Devil-Is-Red wrote:I can't believe someone insulted Beckenbauer like that lulz.

Sergio Ramos:'' It's an honour to be compared with Franz Beckenbauer - Page 2 386958_10150367976236263_643241262_8733614_865712318_n
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Sat 19 Nov 2011, 01:47

Pepenbauer >>> All :dance: :dance: :dance:
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat 19 Nov 2011, 04:53

if ramos continues to play cb throughout the season you ll be singing a different tune.
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat 19 Nov 2011, 04:57

Ramos: "Marca has deceived me"

The comparison is laughable. Even the most biased madridistas have to admit this. If he were anything like Beckenbauer he would never have played FB.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Sat 19 Nov 2011, 05:51

To be fair... he was responding to a Marca article. And the point of his statement is not to say "look at me, I AM Beckenbauer!"
Rather, he was saying that it is an honour to be compared to him... Heaping the praise on Beckenbauer, rather than himself.

And also, Ramos is one hell of a centreback. There is barely anyone in the world right now who can be compared to him... Maldini and Puyol called him their heir...
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat 19 Nov 2011, 06:09

teamanarchy wrote:To be fair... he was responding to a Marca article. And the point of his statement is not to say "look at me, I AM Beckenbauer!"
Rather, he was saying that it is an honour to be compared to him... Heaping the praise on Beckenbauer, rather than himself.

And also, Ramos is one hell of a centreback. There is barely anyone in the world right now who can be compared to him... Maldini and Puyol called him their heir...

Just to mention a few better CB.

Vidic, Subotic, Thiago Silva, Pique, Hummels, Howedes, Chiellini, Kompany, Boateng.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat 19 Nov 2011, 06:11

teamanarchy wrote:There is barely anyone in the world right now who can be compared to him
Holy buddha :facepalm:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat 19 Nov 2011, 06:15

Idrisozet wrote:
teamanarchy wrote:To be fair... he was responding to a Marca article. And the point of his statement is not to say "look at me, I AM Beckenbauer!"

Vidic, Subotic, Thiago Silva, Pique, Hummels, Howedes, Chiellini, Kompany, Boateng.

imo when he plays at cb he is better than the likes of howedes, subotic ,hummels, boateng and on par with the thiago silvas ,vidics.. but the thing is he has to play there consistently.. otherwise in all fairness he cant be called a great cb.. hope he plays there all l season and then i get to bump this thread at the end

oh btw you forgot to add pepe to that list Heart
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat 19 Nov 2011, 06:30

Sergio Ramos:'' It's an honour to be compared with Franz Beckenbauer - Page 2 Wtf

Who the hell compared Ramos to Beckenbauer? :facepalm:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat 19 Nov 2011, 06:33

0puyol and Maldini said he is their heir {or he has their hair? hmm } i see becks saying the same thing in the future banana
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mƶnchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Sat 19 Nov 2011, 06:56

Idrisozet wrote:

How many of those guys are part of the defense yet to concede in the champion's league?
Oh, right.
IMO, Ramos is better at CB than all of them.
You probably watch how he defends at RB and automatically assue he plays the same way at CB, and don't bother watching him play CB
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat 19 Nov 2011, 07:01

Lolz at Madrid fans that think Ramos is a better CB than Kompany, Hummels, Howedes, Subotic and Chiellini.

His a more popular player and better in general, but as for now his not better than any of those defenders as CB, it's like saying Abidal is better than all those CB.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Sat 19 Nov 2011, 07:18

OK, funny man. Tell me why they're better.
Because the only argument against Ramos' game at CB thus far has been along the lines of " :facepalm:" or "lulz"

Why don't you add a little sustenance to your argument?

Here's Valdano's comments on Ramos :
http://www.realmadrid.dk/news/article/?newsid=17110
Maldini:
http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/ac-milan-legend-maldini-real-madrid-s-ramos-can-be-world-best-449561
and http://sergioramos.footballfantalk.com/2009/11/20/paolo-maldinisergio-ramos-is-my-heir/
In that last link, Maldini advised Ramos to play in the middle
Puyol:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1863/world-cup-2010/2010/06/15/1977913/world-cup-2010-real-madrids-sergio-ramos-is-my-heir-at-barcelona-
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sat 19 Nov 2011, 07:50

I admit i have not seen Ramos at a a CB. But some of you guys are saying Ramos is one of the best CBs in the world today.

My problem with that is if he is that good, then why is he playing RB most of the time?

He is no doubt a far better player at CB, but do not confuse that with him being better than the likes of Thiago Silva, Vidic etc...
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sat 19 Nov 2011, 08:48

teamanarchy wrote:OK, funny man. Tell me why they're better.
Because the only argument against Ramos' game at CB thus far has been along the lines of " :facepalm:" or "lulz"

Why don't you add a little sustenance to your argument?

Here's Valdano's comments on Ramos :
http://www.realmadrid.dk/news/article/?newsid=17110
Maldini:
http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/ac-milan-legend-maldini-real-madrid-s-ramos-can-be-world-best-449561
and http://sergioramos.footballfantalk.com/2009/11/20/paolo-maldinisergio-ramos-is-my-heir/
In that last link, Maldini advised Ramos to play in the middle
Puyol:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1863/world-cup-2010/2010/06/15/1977913/world-cup-2010-real-madrids-sergio-ramos-is-my-heir-at-barcelona-

Even Xavi said Ramos should play at CB for Sapin because he is very good at this position.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sat 19 Nov 2011, 08:55

kiranr wrote:I admit i have not seen Ramos at a a CB. But some of you guys are saying Ramos is one of the best CBs in the world today.

My problem with that is if he is that good, then why is he playing RB most of the time?

He is no doubt a far better player at CB, but do not confuse that with him being better than the likes of Thiago Silva, Vidic etc...

In last 10-15 Matches for both club and NT Ramos played CB.

go and check our stats, when Ramos plays at CB we are way better at defending and we concede less than usual.

Honestly i was a Ramos hater. because i never liked him at RB but at CB he is a different player. this is the reason Valdano, Mourinho, Xavi, Maldini, Puyol, etc.... all said Ramos is better at CB.

He is not better than Silva and Vidic atm but he can be and Madrid fans are sure of it. thats all.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloInter Sat 19 Nov 2011, 09:07

The comparison is laughable to say the least
SoloInter
SoloInter
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Sat 19 Nov 2011, 10:18

kiranr wrote:I admit i have not seen Ramos at a a CB. But some of you guys are saying Ramos is one of the best CBs in the world today.

Because Ramos WANTS to play RB.
He prefers it, and obviously he wants to keep playing for Spain.
If he's playing CB every week, Spain can hardly pick him for RB.
And to play CB for Spain might prove difficult because Puyol and Pique is a great partnership.
Individually, Ramos might be better than one of them, or even both. But the partnership is going to be difficult to break up...
Tthat and Ramos thinks he should be a striker/winger, and you can hardly do stepovers and whip in the crosses at your leisure from the centre back position... Not that he won't try.
This season, he will be Madrid's version of Lucio for Inter under Mou...
Well, until Carvalho is fit, I guess. But I doubt we'll be holding onto Carvalho, the oldest member of the squad. Chances are Mou will finally move for Maicon or get another WC RB, and move Sergio to the middle permanently
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Sat 19 Nov 2011, 11:20

for people who havent seen him play
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat 19 Nov 2011, 12:00

Honestly the Kaiser should be honoured by this comparison.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next