RealGunner
The Franchise
Great Leader Sprucenuce
41 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Boxing thread  - Page 31 Empty Re: Boxing thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:11 pm

Khan will cause Mayweather more problems than Canelo did tbh.

Has the jab, footspeed and handspeed to cause problems.

We all make fun of Khan and rightly so but lets be real he has the game to make this a competitive fight should it happen.

Problem is mentally, Khan too often gets arrogant and goes away from his strengths which leads to him getting KO'ed.

If Hunter can get him mentally right and stick to a gameplan he could make it an interesting fight.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:27 pm

Everyone has been saying this will be one sided. Maybe rightly so because Mayweather is probably the 2nd best fighter of this generation. Khan has lost his way recently.

But for me, being a big Khan fan. This will be a massive fight. I will be biased and say Khan won't get KO in 3 rounds as many are suggesting on the internet. I think he will make this competitive to some extent. Floyd will win this but if Khan can do better than the last 10 scrubs who fought Mayweather, then that will still be a good result.

But Khan will end Mayweather's streak :coffee:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:59 pm

RealGunner wrote:Everyone has been saying this will be one sided. Maybe rightly so because Mayweather is probably the 2nd best fighter of this generation. Khan has lost his way recently.

But for me, being a big Khan fan. This will be a massive fight. I will be biased and say Khan won't get KO in 3 rounds as many are suggesting on the internet. I think he will make this competitive to some extent. Floyd will win this but if Khan can do better than the last 10 scrubs who fought Mayweather, then that will still be a good result.

Brah pls go.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:12 pm

RealGunner wrote:Everyone has been saying this will be one sided. Maybe rightly so because Mayweather is probably the 2nd best fighter of this generation. Khan has lost his way recently.

Floyd won't KO Khan tbh. Its not really his game. He could have KO'ed Canelo in round 7 if he wanted but he just stayed on cruise control till the match was over. If Khan gets KO'ed its an even bigger disgrace for him.

And pls calma brah. Khan couldn't end the Undertaker's streak, much less Floyd Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:13 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Brah pls go.
He's a Manny fan, isn't he?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:50 pm

RG your troll, go home lol

As for Khan-Floyd.

Sure, in theory Khan has the speed, skills and size to put up a fight, but he too stupid to put it all together.

His defence is worse than bad, its horrible. He doesnt move his head at all, he relies on staying out of range and jumping in. He would run from Floyd the entire time, jump in, try and land and then combo.

But all this is predicated on him actually landing that initial shot on the jump in, and im sorry, I just dont see any fighter landing on Floyd by jumping in on him where he can see you coming and your relying on your hands being faster than his reflexes.

To tag Floyd, you have to stay in the pocket (or get him on the ropes) and get into a trade off. Nobody does that because after you realise by round 3, your missing 3-4 times as much as your landing, you dont want to get into those trade off's as much.

Khan dont move his head enough, Floyd will potshot him all day and Khan has no answer for it because he dont use his hands/shoulders/arms to take blows. Floyd will have to stalk him and walk him down, which he probably will do because once he lands on Khan, he goes into hero mode and comes straight to you.

Not interested in that fight, Khan has only gone down since his supposed good years. Would rather see Bradley fight Floyd or Martinez if he is up for it at a reasonable weight.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:50 pm

The Franchise wrote:RG your troll, go home lol

As for Khan-Floyd.

Sure, in theory Khan has the speed, skills and size to put up a fight, but he too stupid to put it all together.

His defence is worse than bad, its horrible. He doesnt move his head at all, he relies on staying out of range and jumping in. He would run from Floyd the entire time, jump in, try and land and then combo.

But all this is predicated on him actually landing that initial shot on the jump in, and im sorry, I just dont see any fighter landing on Floyd by jumping in on him where he can see you coming and your relying on your hands being faster than his reflexes.

To tag Floyd, you have to stay in the pocket (or get him on the ropes) and get into a trade off. Nobody does that because after you realise by round 3, your missing 3-4 times as much as your landing, you dont want to get into those trade off's as much.

Khan dont move his head enough, Floyd will potshot him all day and Khan has no answer for it because he dont use his hands/shoulders/arms to take blows. Floyd will have to stalk him and walk him down, which he probably will do because once he lands on Khan, he goes into hero mode and comes straight to you.

Not interested in that fight, Khan has only gone down since his supposed good years. Would rather see Bradley fight Floyd or Martinez if he is up for it at a reasonable weight.
Zab Judah disagrees with you brah.... i know it was a long time ago but Zab proved in that fight you can win rounds against Floyd behind the jab.... in fact i have argued for a long time to beat Floyd you need a bloody good jab.

Khan does have a bloody good jab, as well as the hand speed to get it off and the foot speed to get away.

I do agree he's far too stupid though Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:01 am

Saying Zab tagged him is like saying Mosely tagged him. He hit him with a couple good shots. When I say tag him, I meant consistently rack up points to win rounds. Zab won maybe 2-3 of the first 4 rounds, then he got figured out and picked apart.

Plus Judah didnt run, he stayed within punching distance.

Zab's jab is also a right hand, therefore not allowing him (Floyd) to throw a lead left hook too often (one of Floyd's more dangerous punches) and also him having to come over the top to throw his own jab. Khan obviously isnt a lefty so that goes out the window. Also IIRC Zab's jab was mostly blocked by Floyd, it was the straight left which caught him, and the almost knockdown (probably should of been called a knockdown) was a lead left hook.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:04 am

So who's the best?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:09 am

Oh yeah, it's official. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/amir-khan-floyd-mayweather-fight-2333391
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:02 am

http://www.boxingscene.com/team-khan-deny-mayweather-rumors-eye-alexander--70199

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:15 am

Indeed why are people saying its official?

It was an exclusive from the daily fail ffs lol.

There was no quotes no nothing.

Its not official until floyd or golden boy say otherwise.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:34 pm

Marvin Hagler vs Thomas Hearns

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:09 pm

Cotto won, 4 round TKO on the weekend.

Some talks about Cotto - Martinez being next.

Which is a bit of a shame, I wanted to see Canelo fight one of these two next.

Maybe he can get the winner.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:49 pm

RealGunner wrote:Marvin Hagler vs Thomas Hearns

Hell of a war by the way.

2 gifs I just find funny for some reason. Maybe because people actually think this fight was close.

Boxing thread  - Page 31 Mayweather-vs-oscar-de-la-hoya-3
Boxing thread  - Page 31 Pretty
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:52 am

The Franchise wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Marvin Hagler vs Thomas Hearns

Hell of a war by the way.

2 gifs I just find funny for some reason. Maybe because people actually think this fight was close.

Boxing thread  - Page 31 Mayweather-vs-oscar-de-la-hoya-3
Boxing thread  - Page 31 Pretty
gotta love May owning Oscar in the Mexican colors trunks
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:21 am

Marquez looking ripped but pretty big for the weigh in. Bradley looking like he always does.

Gonna be an intresting fight tomorrow for sure.

I think Marquez is the better fighter, but I think Bradly has a chance to take this. I think he could win a decision by staying away and once or twice every 40-50 seconds coming in and trading. Probably gets a knockdown too.

Meanwhile, Marquez wastes too many rounds figuring out what Bradley is going to do.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:04 pm

Lol Bradley is not knocking Juan down, but I do think the fight is close. It's pretty obvious Bradley is going to run, but like you said he will have to engage at some point and that's when i think Juan wins it. Bradley still has a good chance if he stays outside and makes it an awkward fight for jmm. It could go either way but I think JMM stops Bradley.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:23 pm

Why not? He has been down about 10 times in his career.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:34 am

And most of those came for Pac. We've seen him go down a couple times, but Bradley doesn't have enough to knock him down. He is borderline feather fisted.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:12 am

Split decision win for Bradley? Suspect 
What is going on with the judging?

That was almost very reminiscent of what Floyd did to JMM.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:24 am

The styles make fights cliche is proven right again. Juan should retire now. I'm sad he didn't get his 5th title which he deserves, but he's still had a great career and this loss wont change that. This win gets Bradley the respect hes been looking for, but tbh this is also good news for Pac. He beat Bradley in 2nd gear imagine what he can do going full out.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:53 pm

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:And most of those came for Pac. We've seen him go down a couple times, but Bradley doesn't have enough to knock him down. He is borderline feather fisted.
He been down vs Mayweather, Katsidis and I think Diaz. None huge punches. Bradley almost took him down in that 12 too.

Anyway, I was not surprised Bardley won, but I am sad.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:16 pm

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:Lol Bradley is not knocking Juan down, but I do think the fight is close. It's pretty obvious Bradley is going to run, but like you said he will have to engage at some point and that's when i think Juan wins it. Bradley still has a good chance if he stays outside and makes it an awkward fight for jmm. It could go either way but I think JMM stops Bradley.
U wot m8.

Bradley is awful on his backfoot and cannot run effectively he doesn't know how to Laughing

Too add to that is outside game is nothing to shout about either.... i must say i haven't seen the fight yet but i'd be very surprised if it was anything other than Bradley getting inside and cutting off the ring with body shots combinations then getting out to evade shots then jumping back in.... rince and repeat.

As for Pacquaio is he awake yet? Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:10 pm

Well he kept JMM at a distance for most of the fight using jab. Bradley rarely went inside, maybe towards the end of the fight when JMM started fighting a little more aggressively, but other than he kept at a safe distance sticking his jab and occasionally countering Juan's punches. I was disappointed by the lack of bodywork Marquez did , but he couldn't get past Bradley's jab. Speed won Bradley that fight.

As for pac he stops Bradley and jew no it.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:49 am

I dont know the first thing about boxing, but please tell me this Mosley bloke is going to knock the taste out of Anthony Mundine's mouth
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next