Magricos
Blue
S32TABLANCA
El Chelsea Fuerte
Mr Nick09
47 posters

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore - Page 5 Empty Re: Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore

Post by Babun Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:01 am

Llorente deserves a shot at starting, Negredo as well Very Happy

Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore - Page 5 Empty Re: Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore

Post by milanfan7 Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:33 pm

I can't believe that some people actually believe that toreros deserves a call up. What a joke.
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:37 pm

Sepi wrote:Torres started Spain's dominance in 2008.

Stop this non-sense

No Xavi's brilliant pass did that, all Torres had to do was tap it in.......

Something he struggles to do these days nonetheless i could have done it.

All this tells me is when Villa retires Spain are nothing, who is going to score goals?

He maybe Messi's bitch, but hes a very good bitch.....

Sod Puyol and Xavi..... replacing Villa is the real issue.

Last edited by Immaculate_Mole on Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:38 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Llorente again showed why he needs to be spain main starter, even without scoring tonight, great game. Immaculate touch, he doesnt waste a ball, fantastic passer, and occupy two CBs at once.

LOL.

He got owned by Mascherno throughout the entire game ffs.

Not biased at all though.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:41 pm

Actually he held the ball up pretty well and helped keep possession.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:51 pm

As of now he shouldn't be getting called up.

He needs to up his game before the Euro's if he wants a place in the squad.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:07 pm

I must admit, English Jewel is really sensitive when it comes to Chelsea. Also, you guys should forget about Don Vicente not calling up Torres as he'll probably continue calling him up. Does he deserve such a call up? No, not on current form and it would be quite hurtful to guys like Negredo and Soldado who have been really nice this season (Llorente as well). I would like to think before Euros that Torres would discover some sort of form a la Kaka but I have my doubts.

Also, a gigantic lol to Sepi's comment about Torres starting Spain's dominance. I'll assume he meant to say he was ONE of the players to kick start Spain's dominance which is more of a fair comment...

Last edited by Doc on Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:15 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Sepi wrote:Torres started Spain's dominance in 2008.

Stop this non-sense

No Xavi's brilliant pass did that, all Torres had to do was tap it in.......

Something he struggles to do these days nonetheless i could have done it.

All this tells me is when Villa retires Spain are nothing, who is going to score goals?

He maybe Messi's bitch, but hes a very good bitch.....

Sod Puyol and Xavi..... replacing Villa is the real issue.

hmm

Muniain :dance:
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:23 pm

For us relative older folks here... Spain was always amongst the most talented squads even back in the 80s. They regularly dominated qualifying into major tournaments and great things were expected from them. But until recently, they always found a way to disappoint in international tournaments.

The only thing that's changed in my mind is mentality. Instead of worrying about not screwing up, Spain now expects to win. That... and a bit of luck.

As far as this discussion, neither Villa nor Torres are in form. Llorente and Negredo are playing better than both. Villa has more of a case because he plays wide with Barca. Still... you go with the best players and Spain has good CFs. I'd even take Raul before Villa and Torres right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by anirudhkitt Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:51 pm

I dont know about you guys blaming english jewel but i think all fans are super sensitive when it comes to their own teams, especially when talking about a player like torres.

Now to the topic:

1) I think no one can deny that on CURRENT FORM, torres doesnt deserve a place in the NT.

2) However, i think he can get back to what he was once (or close) and this is what makes his coaches pick him. He is still young but i think his problem is confidence (more than pace and the other things you guys quote). I say this because he has missed a few chances once he is in the penalty box - now what can pace have anything to do with that.

3) Solution : The current situation might be unfair to the current crop of young spanish strikers, so i think they should atleast be given much more chances while retaining torres in a less prominent role, until he regains his form for Chelsea
anirudhkitt
anirudhkitt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:08 pm

No sight of Torres in the new ads for Spain, whatever the reason, it's a good sign. Here is how it should be, they have this guy

Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore - Page 5 1320927382_extras_albumes_0

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:36 pm

Fernando Mother fking LLotente Torres

:mental:
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:49 pm

Torres f*cked us over, f*cked Chelsea over, and started Newcastle's dominance.

Well in Nando !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:51 pm

Seriously,a torres-Suarez pair= sex :mental:
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:55 pm

Adit wrote:Seriously,a torres-Suarez pair= sex :mental:

Don't even remind me of that. It depresses me.

Maybe he didn't rate Suarez and thought he'd be the new Kezman :facepalm:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:58 pm

..Fernando Torres: Liverpool was a more comfortable place than Chelsea

Chelsea striker Fernando Torres has lifted the lid on his much-maligned £50million from Liverpool, claiming Merseyside was a much ‘more comfortable place’ than London.
..The Spaniard has struggled for form and goals since making his record breaking switch on transfer deadline day in January this year, and has finally broken his silence about the struggles he’s faced since the move.

‘Chelsea is in London, a huge city. I come from Madrid, also a great European capital, but this is much more of everything, for good and for bad,’ said Torres.

‘It’s been difficult for me to adapt here compared to when I arrived in Liverpool, a more comfortable place, smaller, where I was surrounded by Spanish team-mates.

‘In the end, the important thing is to try and organise yourself as quickly as possible. That’s what I’m doing.’

Liverpool were in decline when Torres decided to up sticks to Stamford Bridge, and despite the signing of Luis Suarez, couldn’t be persuaded to stay at Anfield.

Since then the Reds have undergone a resurgence under Kenny Dalglish, but Torres insists he doesn’t regret making the move south.

‘The only thing I know is that opportunities such as the one Chelsea offered me cannot be turned down. The important thing is the confidence they have in me,’ added the striker.

‘Liverpool was going down a strange path. Personally, I believe the departure of Xabi Alonso to Madrid was a clear message that something was changing.

‘I have the ambition to improve and Chelsea could offer me what every footballer desires: titles.’

Guess what Nando. Both teams are out of top 4 now, and you'll go behind us if we beat you next week :coffee: Get ready for Agger elbow MK II banana

I just can't imagine how amazing Suarez behind Torres would have been wow. Torres had 4 goals in 6 under Kenny...he was coming back Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:05 pm

Sepi wrote:Torres f*cked us over, f*cked Chelsea over, and started Newcastle's dominance.

Well in Nando !!!

Technically Abramovic started that by giving you the money to buy Carroll banana
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:07 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Sepi wrote:Torres f*cked us over, f*cked Chelsea over, and started Newcastle's dominance.

Well in Nando !!!

Technically Abramovic started that by giving you the money to buy Carroll banana

Technically Athletic Bilbao started your dominance by refusing our 35M bid banana ...but no, if Torres didn't hand transfer request, he would be top scorer in the league now, and nailed on starter for NT pirat

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:19 pm

Sepi wrote:
Guess what Nando. Both teams are out of top 4 now
(

What?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:20 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:No sight of Torres in the new ads for Spain, whatever the reason, it's a good sign. Here is how it should be, they have this guy

Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore - Page 5 1320927382_extras_albumes_0

My God you're *bleep* boring.

He's shite and was never actually good to begin with yet you're still talking about him. Not obsessed though of course.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:25 pm

Gil wrote:
Sepi wrote:
Guess what Nando. Both teams are out of top 4 now
(

What?

Spurs have a game in hand and won't lose to Everton at WHL...so technically, both teams are out of it for the next week :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:44 pm

Gil wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:No sight of Torres in the new ads for Spain, whatever the reason, it's a good sign. Here is how it should be, they have this guy

My God you're *bleep* boring.

He's shite and was never actually good to begin with yet you're still talking about him. Not obsessed though of course.

Nick who is a rather picky poster rates him cause he is actually that good. The countless others who rate him in Espana and in this forum rate him cause he is actually that good.

I have the notion that you haven't seen him at all considering he is a far more complete player then Torres in aside from finishing and is has a much better presence for his team then him as well. Torres besides mopping around only brings in goals and doesn't do much else really despite how Chelsea fans cover up by saying "oh, he assists our goals". I guess by that logic Marco Borriello is a damn playmaker.

I sense most of the snobbery is coming onto the fact that Torres hasn't done squat since Rafa left and Llorente outperforms him every time he comes on for Torres on the bench while the whole country is literally screaming for Llorente to start and to bench Torres.

Fact is Torres is a shadow of his former self as he has lost the pace he had and really is not convincing anyone with his new penchant for having the touch of a donkey.

He WILL get back to form, but we all highly doubt that he will ever reach his Liverpool form again.

Llorente has so far merited the NT start FAR MORE then Torres has who hasn't done shit for the NT in 2 years.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:42 pm

Llorente is damn class.

Also, that kit is real nice. If they had put the WC winners badge on it, I would be really tempted...
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:56 pm

He is a damn good looking stud. Notice the French features in his face eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:16 pm

Llorente benefits from superior Basque genetics. The man is a beast pure and simple.

He can play football too, add that to Spain's current line up and it's pretty much makes them overpowered. :mental:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:11 pm

Dear Sr Del Bosque,

Your obsession with playing Torres is admirable, but Torres is sick with suckness, it's not your fault, just let it go, I am sure he has a 50' HD flat at home to watch the games with his lady.

Thank you.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum