+5
Spooony
Babun
Nishankly
Despiadado.Maleante
Soul
9 posters

Go down

Reason for Torres being..well..Torres Empty Reason for Torres being..well..Torres

Post by Soul Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:32 am

I know its not possible to isolate one beyond a doubt reason why he is being, well, himself. But what do you think?

No Service?

A Goat Curse?

Our Formation?

The Problem:
My theory is a combination of a lot of factors. As Sepi pointed out some time ago, he is at his best when he receives the ball into space rather than onto foot (the latter which Drogba is a master in). We play high balls and are used to physical gameplay for years now and to try to integrate someone completely new to that. You could argue that he has had enough time to get used to playing in such a way but asking a player to play in a way that is not natural to him is not fair if we are expecting immediate and fabulous results. Moreover, he is even playing as a winger, trying to make passes and crosses while he should be in the receiving end.

The second problem in hand is the unwanted media attention and fan expectations. He knows Drogba is a legend and to directly compete against him and failing initially would only be an extra burden. Drogba has been meh his season (great game against Bolton though) but all we do is talk about Torres. Now, he is limited to a random appearance in the last 15 minutes.

If you look at the match versus Bolton, see how the team played with confidence? See players side tackling, see the players pressuring the defence, see how they try to break the defense down? Thats when Drogba was playing. Compare that to the minutes Torres played. There is no passion or drive. No determination. They don't even try. Granted they would prefer to waste the final quarter as the match was already won but that doesn't mean they should just stop altogether. Torres was making runs and even played on the wings, while others just slowed the whole game down.

The Solution?
We need Modric or a similar player. Lampard won't improve. As much as I love him, he does not respect the coach while he cannot play like he used to before. His influence is too much TBH

We need to say goodbye to Drogba. It's not because he isn't good enough. But if Torres is to play like he used to, the Drogba comparisons and backstage dramas must go.

We should stick to 4-3-3 and play with better team work and ensure Torres is up front rather than on the wings or as a false playmaker 9 but actually a 10 something player like Gil descrbed.

My thoughts?
I don't like the fact at all to make changes to accomodate just one player. And to hope that he will justify his price tag one day.

I don't.

But it's not just about Torres. The whole team is in a really bad shape and the 'old guard' must move on so that we'll have a fresh injection of energy while AVB will have full control over the dressing room for the new era.
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Reason for Torres being..well..Torres Empty Re: Reason for Torres being..well..Torres

Post by Despiadado.Maleante Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:56 am

Mixture of:
- Shiiter player when we signed him
- Our style of play
- Confidence
- Shit Form
- No Luck
- Drogba
Despiadado.Maleante
Despiadado.Maleante
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Reason for Torres being..well..Torres Empty Re: Reason for Torres being..well..Torres

Post by Nishankly Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:44 am

No Gerrard.

The only thing that could work is playing Mata as an SS. Lampard does not have eye for through balls or first time balls over the defense.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:49 am

Enjoy, he played really well.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Spooony Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:37 pm

Soul wrote:I know its not possible to isolate one beyond a doubt reason why he is being, well, himself. But what do you think?

No Service?

A Goat Curse?

Our Formation?

The Problem:
My theory is a combination of a lot of factors. As Sepi pointed out some time ago, he is at his best when he receives the ball into space rather than onto foot (the latter which Drogba is a master in). We play high balls and are used to physical gameplay for years now and to try to integrate someone completely new to that. You could argue that he has had enough time to get used to playing in such a way but asking a player to play in a way that is not natural to him is not fair if we are expecting immediate and fabulous results. Moreover, he is even playing as a winger, trying to make passes and crosses while he should be in the receiving end.

The second problem in hand is the unwanted media attention and fan expectations. He knows Drogba is a legend and to directly compete against him and failing initially would only be an extra burden. Drogba has been meh his season (great game against Bolton though) but all we do is talk about Torres. Now, he is limited to a random appearance in the last 15 minutes.

If you look at the match versus Bolton, see how the team played with confidence? See players side tackling, see the players pressuring the defence, see how they try to break the defense down? Thats when Drogba was playing. Compare that to the minutes Torres played. There is no passion or drive. No determination. They don't even try. Granted they would prefer to waste the final quarter as the match was already won but that doesn't mean they should just stop altogether. Torres was making runs and even played on the wings, while others just slowed the whole game down.

The Solution?
We need Modric or a similar player. Lampard won't improve. As much as I love him, he does not respect the coach while he cannot play like he used to before. His influence is too much TBH

We need to say goodbye to Drogba. It's not because he isn't good enough. But if Torres is to play like he used to, the Drogba comparisons and backstage dramas must go.

We should stick to 4-3-3 and play with better team work and ensure Torres is up front rather than on the wings or as a false playmaker 9 but actually a 10 something player like Gil descrbed.

My thoughts?
I don't like the fact at all to make changes to accomodate just one player. And to hope that he will justify his price tag one day.

I don't.

But it's not just about Torres. The whole team is in a really bad shape and the 'old guard' must move on so that we'll have a fresh injection of energy while AVB will have full control over the dressing room for the new era.
Frank Lampard. There is your problem. He is a scaly runt who rather shoot than play that through ball which Torres love to thrive on. Like the ones Gerrard supplied to him on a regular basis. Then look at the Chelski side. Who else is there with the vision and passing ability to give that supply to Torres?
Spooony
Spooony
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:00 pm

On top of the vision and passing, the pace needs to be quicker i.e. the ball NEEDS to be moved alot quicker.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:14 am

Simple... Mata feeding him is the easiest way. Not that anyone is trying it anyways lol....
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:49 pm

He is coming back slowly.

With mata central, Di matteo trusting in him. Think he will finally shine
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:44 am

Looking at the last few games, all that Torres is missing is the killer instinct, as soon as he gets that, he will be great.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum