Roun 10 Talking Points

5 posters

Go down

Roun 10 Talking Points Empty Roun 10 Talking Points

Post by Art Morte Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:57 am

It's a bit early, but am excited about tonight's Stoke v Liverpool in the League Cup and thought to make this thread already.

Round 10

Saturday, 29 October 2011
Everton v Man Utd, 12:00
Chelsea v Arsenal, 12:45
Man City v Wolverhampton, 15:00
Norwich v Blackburn, 15:00
Sunderland v Aston Villa, 15:00
Swansea v Bolton, 15:00
Wigan v Fulham, 15:00
West Brom v Liverpool, 17:30

Sunday, 30 October 2011
Tottenham v QPR, 16:00

Monday, 31 October 2011
Stoke v Newcastle, 20:00

1) Everton v Manchester United.
What a huge game to start off Round 10 after the 1 - 6 trashing. United have won just one of their last four league games, but should be fired up after the derby loss; Can you see Everton taking anything from this fixture?

2) Chelsea v Arsenal.
The Gunners have 3 losses (ManU, Blackburn, Tottenham) and 1 draw (Newcastle) from their away games in the league this season. No wins. Exactly how big favorites are Chelsea here?

3) Norwich v Blackburn.
Relegation battles are equally interesting to me as CL / EL spot battles; it is such a huge difference between playing in the Premier League or in the Championship. Blackburn lie bottom of the table while Norwich have just one loss in their last five games. But could this be where the Rovers step it up and walk away with three points?

4) Wigan v Fulham.
Continuing with the relegation battle theme, Wigan have lost six straight and are joint-bottom with Blackburn. Fulham have started miserably, too, under Martin Jol: one win in last six and 17th in the table. Nearly a must-win... but for which side?? A draw on the cards, then?

5) Stoke v Newcastle.
Stoke are unbeaten at home this season, in all competitions, too (although that will change tonight in the League Cup). They have beaten Liverpool at Britannia stadium and drawn both Chelsea and Manchester United there. And thanks to Mole, even the most hardcore Serie A / La Liga / Bundesliga fans on GoalLegacy will know that Newcastle are unbeaten this season. So a draw the only possible outcome here, or will we see an end to one of these sides' unbeaten runs?

When the football season is on, weekend can never come too soon, eh? Thumbs up

Well, not that it can anyway.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Roun 10 Talking Points Empty Re: Roun 10 Talking Points

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:43 am

Blackburn we should have drawn at least: their goal was offside.
Newcastle was traaaaaaaaash, Barton should have gotten red carded.
Spurs were lucky, Szczesny let in that long-range Walker shot :L

And United, well everyone knows what happened :facepalm:

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RedAndWhiteArmy Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:33 pm

Sunderland v Villa. :coffee:
What are the chances Bent scores.
RedAndWhiteArmy
RedAndWhiteArmy
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:43 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:Blackburn we should have drawn at least: their goal was offside.
Newcastle was traaaaaaaaash, Barton should have gotten red carded.
Spurs were lucky, Szczesny let in that long-range Walker shot :L

And United, well everyone knows what happened :facepalm:

It's a results business nevertheless and a cruel fact is that Arsenal have got 1 point from four away games.

Real11 wrote:Sunderland v Villa. :coffee:
What are the chances Bent scores.

This game could go either way, although I'd say that Sunderland might be getting their act together and that coupled with home advantage could very well result in the points staying at Stadium of Light.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:58 pm

Everton 1-1 Manchester Utd

Chelsea 1-1 Arsenal

Norwich 3-1 Blackburn

Wigan 2-2 Fulham

Stoke 1-2 Newcastle

Newcastle go 2nd :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:09 pm

Hodgson to show us yet again that we were wrong in sacking him :facepalm:

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:02 am

With the Cup games outta way, here's what I (correctly) reckon:

1) Everton v Manchester United.
What a huge game to start off Round 10 after the 1 - 6 trashing. United have won just one of their last four league games, but should be fired up after the derby loss; Can you see Everton taking anything from this fixture?

United will win. It would be a micro-crisis for them as title contenders if they dropped points here after their faltering run of form.

2) Chelsea v Arsenal.
The Gunners have 3 losses (ManU, Blackburn, Tottenham) and 1 draw (Newcastle) from their away games in the league this season. No wins. Exactly how big favorites are Chelsea here?

Chelsea will win. I can see them scoring 3 or even more and that will be enough.

3) Norwich v Blackburn.
Relegation battles are equally interesting to me as CL / EL spot battles; it is such a huge difference between playing in the Premier League or in the Championship. Blackburn lie bottom of the table while Norwich have just one loss in their last five games. But could this be where the Rovers step it up and walk away with three points?

Despite the league table telling otherwise, I've got a feeling Blackburn will win this one.

4) Wigan v Fulham.
Continuing with the relegation battle theme, Wigan have lost six straight and are joint-bottom with Blackburn. Fulham have started miserably, too, under Martin Jol: one win in last six and 17th in the table. Nearly a must-win... but for which side?? A draw on the cards, then?

For me, this is one of the most interesting games of the round. Neither team can ill afford to lose this one. A draw wouldn't surprise me. I'd like a Wigan win, though.

5) Stoke v Newcastle.
Stoke are unbeaten at home this season, in all competitions, too (although that will change tonight in the League Cup). They have beaten Liverpool at Britannia stadium and drawn both Chelsea and Manchester United there. And thanks to Mole, even the most hardcore Serie A / La Liga / Bundesliga fans on GoalLegacy will know that Newcastle are unbeaten this season. So a draw the only possible outcome here, or will we see an end to one of these sides' unbeaten runs?

Both sides beaten yesterday in the League Cup. Betting on a draw will seldom be more sensible than on this one, but - sorry Mole (and the other 2 or 3?? NUFC fans) - I think Stoke will fight themselves a win here.

Last edited by Art Morte on Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:55 pm

i'll give my thoughts later tonight
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:38 pm

Art Morte wrote:With the Cup games outta way, here's what I (correctly) reckon:
Chelsea v Arsenal.

Chelsea will win. I can see them scoring 3 or even more and that will be enough.
Laughing
:coffee:

Okay, sorry, that was an excellent match, very thrilling.
RG never gave his thoughts Sad

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:03 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
Art Morte wrote:With the Cup games outta way, here's what I (correctly) reckon:
Chelsea v Arsenal.

Laughing
:coffee:

Okay, sorry, that was an excellent match, very thrilling.
RG never gave his thoughts Sad

Well, Chelsea did score three, but rather amazingly that wasn't enough to win the game for them at Stamford Bridge.. Rolling Eyes

But Arsenal came back with a bang, it's all looking very exciting in the top 7 right now.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down