Liverpool v Swansea, 15:00
Man Utd v Sunderland, 15:00
QPR v Man City, 17:30

Sunday, 6 November 2011
Wolverhampton v Wigan, 13:30
Bolton v Stoke, 15:00
Fulham v Tottenham, 16:00

1) Newcastle v Everton
3rd v 16th - do Everton stand a chance? Their last four league oppositions have been Man United, Fulham, Liverpool and Manchester City. They won at Craven Cottage and lost to the other three clubs. That's a tough set of fixtures for any team, so this game could be a lot tighter than what the table might suggest.

2) Aston Villa v Norwich
Unlike Everton, Aston Villa have had a smoother fixture list in the first couple of months of the season and it continues for one more game as they welcome the promoted Norwich City to Villa Park. The Villans have faced only Manchester City and Newcastle from the current top 7 teams in the table. Despite only two wins from the opening 10 games, Villa lie in a respectable 9th position, but are likely to face tougher tests in their next six games when they will play Tottenham, Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal, albeit three of them at home. A failure to win on Saturday must be seen as not an option at Aston Villa.

3) Blackburn v Chelsea
Back-to-back league defeats to QPR and Arsenal followed by an unconvincing draw with Genk in the Champions League; Chelsea need to get their campaign back on track. They are offered a fine chance to do just that when they face the struggling Blackburn Rovers, who have won just once in the league this season.

4) Wolverhampton v Wigan
10 games into the season and it already seems like a clear relegation battle six-pointer. Wigan have scored only six goals in 10 games and Wolves aren't doing much better with their goal tally of nine. The home side must fancy their chances here, though, as Wigan are on a seven game losing streak.

5) Fulham v Tottenham
Can the Spurs continue their high-flying form?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Round 11 Talking Points Empty Re: Round 11 Talking Points

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:07 am

Blackburn?
Offside goal No

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:56 pm

Newcastle vs. Everton is certainly the game to watch this week. While I am openly pulling for Newcastle to keep up their form, I do think that Everton's league position does not reflect their strength. Everton seem to me to be a club that can be dangerous on any given weekend. You can never write off David Moyes' teams. They always seem to have a comeback in them, and they have had a penchant for knocking off top teams the past few years. however, late fitness tests for Distin, Cahill and Jagielka would seem to tip things further in Newcastles favor.

Blackburn and Chelsea could be another interesting match. Obviously, Chelsea are the better team. That said, they really have not convinced anyone in the last few games. As Art said, loses to QPR and Arsenal in the league (albeit an impressive offensive display against Arsenal) combined with hanging on for a point against Genk (I hadn't even heard of Genk prior to this week) have left questions about Chelsea's ability to continue to be near the top of the league. This game against Blackburn offers them an opportunity to prove themselves. On the other hand, Blackburn need points badly, and have show they can be dangerous at times. Yakubu usually has a goal in him, and Hoilett has the potential to alter a game at times. Injuries to Blackburn's backline will play a deciding factor. However, if Blackburn can maintain a solid backline in spite of injuries to Dann and Salgado, I can see them stealing a point from this one.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:58 pm

Sorry for the double post.

I forgot to mention that Fulham is my upset pick of the weekend. I've got a feeling. banana
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:39 pm

Last season Fulham would've been my "upset pick of the week" in pretty much their every fixture at Craven Cottage, but they haven't found consistent form so far under Martin Jol.

My surprise of the week would go to West Brom getting something from the Emirates.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:19 pm

With 'Arry's current health issues I could see Spurs slip up here. One need only look back at Liverpool's time under Houllier for previous evidence.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:46 pm

For me, Blackburn vs Chelsea is the biggest match of this weekend

Blackburn might be shite, but i dont know why i think they can get something at home. It is a huge task, chelsea might have lost against arsenal but they will try to bounce back, and they have the quality to do so

Steve kean doesn't have a lot of time on his hands. It is unfair to say that blackburn has been playing crap, they have done well but not getting any result they want. they need little luck and results might start falling in their favour.

2) QPR vs man city.

Think QPR used all their luck against chelsea at home. I will be surprised if they can get something out of the match, City are far too powerful for them, however if silva is rested, u never know.

3) Newcastle vs everton

The 4 weeks of hell starts for Newcastle. Let me be honest, i don't believe or think that newcastle are having a fairytale type run. I really do believe they have the quality and are 3rd because of their own talent n hard work

Everton were unlucky against man utd, They will be looking to bounce back but a win at St James park ? Doubt it

I say Newcastle will edge this one as well
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down