Round 24 Talking Points

3 posters

Go down

Round 24 Talking Points Empty Round 24 Talking Points

Post by Art Morte Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:01 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/fixtures

1) Arsenal v Blackburn
Arsenal have 3 defeats and a draw from their last four BPL games. Blackburn are surprisingly (for an 18th place team) good away, 1 win, 6 draws and 4 defeats. But surely this is pretty much as likely a return to winning ways for the Gunners as it gets?

2) QPR v Wolves
Yes, I do like the relegation battle. QPR, fresh with a new coach and a few new players, will be looking at this as a must-win. And why not, Wolves haven't won in nine games. Then again, QPR have won only once in 10, so...

3) Stoke v Sunderland
Yes, I do like the mid-table battle. Stoke are 9th but have only one win in last six games. They are usually a very good home team, but Sunderland enter this match on a run of only one defeat in seven games. I wouldn't put money on any result in this one.

4) Chelsea v Manchester United
Not a title decider this season - at least not for Andre Villa-Boas's Chelsea. United have lost only one away game this season in the BPL while Chelsea haven't been convincing at any point of the season. Personally I'd like a draw, but we'll see.

5) Liverpool v Tottenham
The sad thing is that even if Spurs lose, they'll be 7 points ahead of the Greatest Sports Club in the World. I think Spurs are the best equipped to beat Liverpool at Anfield and I won't be demoralised if the London club wins, but a Liverpool win here would be just fantastic. Suarez set to make a return as well.

Your surprise of the round? Mine is West Brom 0 - 3 Swansea.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Round 24 Talking Points Empty Re: Round 24 Talking Points

Post by RealGunner Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:35 am

Huge weekend in terms of Big matches.

Chelsea vs United is always good to watch, especially when there is controversy in nearly every tie Razz

I would be rooting for a chelsea defeat, but a draw would be fine

Liverpool vs Tottenham easily the biggest fixture of this weekend. Liverpool will be looking to avenge the 4-0 defeat at WHL and with their amazing home record, i can see liverpool win.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:22 pm

The Big matches from my personal view point.......

Newcastle v Villa

Despite the lack of Tiote and Cabaye i believe we will have enough to get through this game without any real hiccups the return of Ba and the debut of Papiss Cisse will prove the winner in this outcome.

3-1 to NUFC

Chelsea v Man Utd

I only see a Utd win here, Chelsea cant score goals atm and thier defence without Terry will lack any real cohesion and the likes of Valencia, Rooney ( who is back) will take advantage IMO.

3-1 Utd

Liverpool v Tottenham

Biggest game of the weekend IMO aswell, Liverpool will be up for it as they always in the big games but Tottenham are in fantastic form aswell but Suarez is back but i expect to make an impact from the bench......

2-2 and Suarez will score.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:44 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Chelsea v Man Utd

I only see a Utd win here, Chelsea cant score goals atm and thier defence without Terry will lack any real cohesion and the likes of Valencia, Rooney ( who is back) will take advantage IMO.

3-1 Utd

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think Terry is any longer a key player for Chelsea. Luiz will come good eventually and they've got Cahill now. Terry isn't bad, but his current reputation is riding too much on past glories, imo.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down