Magricos
StrugaRock
The BoyWonder
TheRedStag
REWB
21 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

laliga teams have been poor in europe - Page 2 Empty Re: laliga teams have been poor in europe

Post by Doc Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:05 pm

With the exception of Villareal and Valencia, rest of the La Liga teams are in either pole position or decently placed to go ahead to the next round of their respective competitions. I don't really see that much struggle to be frank.

Only real disappointment so far has to be Valencia for me. I honestly expected more from them...

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

laliga teams have been poor in europe - Page 2 Empty Re: laliga teams have been poor in europe

Post by Highburied Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:05 pm

Magricos wrote: Sometimes I get the feeling that people here hardly watch anything in La liga outside Barca or Real Madrid.

I dont blame them...

Hell, people hardly watch anything outside El Classico these days.

Boring league.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:06 pm

highburied wrote:
Magricos wrote: Sometimes I get the feeling that people here hardly watch anything in La liga outside Barca or Real Madrid.

I dont blame them...

Hell, people hardly watch anything outside El Classico these days.

Boring league.

Thumbs up
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:07 pm

To the guy who said RM and Barca could dominate any league... :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

EPL and Bundesliga are not corrupted.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:08 pm

omarish wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:Maybe instead of putting La Liga down you should wonder why players from our league can go into the EPL and dominate from day one.

Mata was not a star in La Liga but he enters the EPL and automatically is one of the best technical midfielders/attackers in the league.

Aguero will win the scoring crown in year one and Silva will be up for player of the year.

Maybe people should wonder why the EPL has such a problem producing players like this and there all over La Liga. Now think what would happen if you put 2 whole teams full of these stars (Real and Barca) into the EPL and tell me they wouldn't dominate.

I just don't get where EPL teams get off thinking that Real and Barca would not tear the EPL in half. In fairness it's usually not Man U and Chelsea fans spewing this nonsense.

another fail post by dnmac :facepalm:

so why did the mata/silva/aguero not do anything in the CL then? tell me? what is happening is that those players are playing with better quality players, which in turn helps them to express their ability more. attacking wise nobody doubts laligas quality though, its just defensively, the mid to bottom teams are not good enough. oh and dnmac where did Real madrid buy ronaldo from?

You do know he scored a brace vs Chelsea?

anyways, I agree with dnmac4... The problem is also in the TV deal but Real Madrid and Barcelonas quality is so high now that it would dominate any league

lol rm and barca wouldn't get that tv deal in any other league though loooool.

anyway omarish, i was meant to say 'what did those players laligas teams do in the CL?' doesnt matter i want dnmac to respond to that post.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:13 pm

Current Real Madrid and Barca squads will dominate any league, but not by these huge margins simply because of the difference in style.

On the long run, a fair TV rights deal should hamper both teams. Although Madrid's financial power currently is strong. And Barca are not doing bad by selling their soul to Qatar.

I see a time where most big teams will be sponsored by Qatar and the U.A.E.

Regardless, it is strange that Serie A teams that played with their 2nd string players outperformed La Liga.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:25 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:

elaborate, why do you get this feeling? magricos, you need to explain your feelings more. what do you mean by this comment? i am here to be proved wrong, so prove me wrong and ill shut up.

Because both Bilbao and Atletico Madrid are doing well in the EL.

Last edited by Magricos on Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:27 pm

Laughing how many Serie A teams outplayed La Liga teams with their 2nd string team ?

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:33 pm

Out performing? Not all that much to be honest. When it comes to teams participating, La Liga has 6 outta 7, Italy has 5 outta 7. And among those teams for both countries, Serie A only has one team who is doing nonsense (Lazio) while La Liga has two (Villareal and Valencia). I fail to see the out performance there Sir Spencer.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:33 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
Mata was not a star in La Liga but he enters the EPL and automatically is one of the best technical midfielders/attackers in the league.

My God. You don't half talk bollocks sometimes do you?

Mata was Valencia's best player last season and the likes of Barcelona, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool etc some of the biggest clubs in the World were all after him.

Just because you don't rate him highly doesn't mean others didn't.

Your whole post was complete nonsense from start to finish btw. Have you ever thought one of the major reasons the likes of Silva, Mata, Aguero, Torres, Alonso etc did better in La Liga was because they were playing with better players? It really isn't that hard a concept to grasp mate. :facepalm:

Post was almost as bad as your Charlie Adam >>>> Jack Wilshere one.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:35 pm

Doc wrote:Out performing? Not all that much to be honest. When it comes to teams participating, La Liga has 6 outta 7, Italy has 5 outta 7. And among those teams for both countries, Serie A only has one team who is doing nonsense (Lazio) while La Liga has two (Villareal and Valencia). I fail to see the out performance there Sir Spencer.

I was referring to the EL results only. Serie A has more points than La Liga so far.
And Serie A teams are playing with their second string players in the EL.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:40 pm

i dont by the stereotype that Americans dont know anything about football, i know a lot of knowledgeable Americans, especially on this forum. but dnmac is really living up to that stereotype, im sorry.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:41 pm

In the EL isn't there only 2 Serie A teams with Laio last in their group ?

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:42 pm

More points? Probably not paying attention but I would like to know what you mean by that. Unless I'm watching badly, Altetico and Athletic Bilbao are both in good positions to go on to the next round. Lazio is dead last in their group while Udinese is running away with theirs. I really don't consider that out performing.

As for the 2nd string part, I really don't consider that an excuse as all Italian clubs could play their 1st team side but rather not. It's something made by choice and not by force...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:44 pm

You should have waited untill the group stage is over.Villarreal has been shit this year as it can be explained by their 16 th position in la liga this year.

I expect valencia to go throw,thats 3 out of 4 teams.Couldnt care less.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:51 pm

Doc wrote:More points? Probably not paying attention but I would like to know what you mean by that. Unless I'm watching badly, Altetico and Athletic Bilbao are both in good positions to go on to the next round. Lazio is dead last in their group while Udinese is running away with theirs. I really don't consider that out performing.

As for the 2nd string part, I really don't consider that an excuse as all Italian clubs could play their 1st team side but rather not. It's something made by choice and not by force...

scratch

I am getting my numbers from Boy Wonder's thread.

But
I now checked the results:

Serie A:
Lazio: 2 points second in the group.
Udin: 7 point first in their group.
Paleromo: not playing, but Boywonder says they are laliga teams have been poor in europe - Page 2 2238782717
Total: 9.

La Liga:
Bilbao: 7 points, first in group.
Pathetico: 4 points, second in group.
Total: 11.

The boy wonder reported 10 for Serie A, and 6 for La Liga.

I feel stupid for trusting something that guy posted laliga teams have been poor in europe - Page 2 1625187496

Anyway, both are doing about the same, so this thread is pretty much unwarranted. With the only side badly performing in Europe being Villrial.

MY apologies for the mistake.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:53 pm

i think boywonder meant for THIS round combining both EL and CL(i think)
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:54 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:i think boywonder meant for THIS round combining both EL and CL(i think)

Even then, the math doesn't match.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:56 pm

real + barca 6 points( he said it before bilbao equalised), milan, inter, udinese + napoli 10 points= 10 to 6
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:58 pm

It's too early to call atm but La Liga is 2nd in coefficents to the EPL guess where Serie A is.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:59 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:real + barca 6 points( he said it before bilbao equalised), milan, inter, udinese + napoli 10 points= 10 to 6

laliga teams have been poor in europe - Page 2 2238782717

He should have said it after the round finished then.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:00 pm

First of all, please provide me ONE fail post from me. The only fail post I remember is you saying you have not been impressed by Aguero yet this year. You couldn't get one person to agree with you because it's obvious it was a monumentally dumb post.

"oh and dnmac where did Real madrid buy ronaldo from" well they bought Ronaldo from Man U who bought him from Sporting when he was 18 FFS. HE was already technically developed only someone with a total lack of football knowledge would infer that the EPl developed Ronaldo technically. I mean the more you post the more you let people know how little you know about football and just how much of a premface you are. FFS, EPL fans think Joe Cole is some technical wizard, to argue this point is just dumb.

Also, Mata, Silva and Aguero have more so been tearing apart the EPL not the CL. Mata is not the type of player to lead a team like Valencia to CL glory there are only a couple players in the world who can do that and guess what they ALL play outside the EPL and mostly in La Liga.

What's funny is it's constantly Arsenal fans trying to put down La Liga and not Man U or Chelsea fans. IT's pretty sad for an Arsenal fan to bring up, what has this player done in the CL when I could say that about EVERY Arsenal player. The decline of the Arsenal fan has looked like this, "so what Atletico beat an EPL team to win Europa League, the Europa LEague sucks to now, look how good the EPL is doing in the Europa League, Stoke is awesome."

At the beginning of this season it was fans like this red whatever his name is saying Cesc and Nasri aren't leaving they love Arsenal too much, then it was were better then City and there a disgusting club, then it was Nasri is better then Silva, then it was we hate Nasri he's overrated then it was so what we will finish in the top 4 and now it's look at the league we play in , even though we stink other teams are really good and better then your league, then it was RVP is awesome and Aguero hasn't impressed me this season. I mean if you want to stand on Man U, City and Chelsea's shoulders and call your self tall be my guest but please tell me how many trophies La Liga has won in Europe since the last time an EPL team has won anything in Europe?

Lets look at people responses to your brilliant thread. You know only Arsenal fans agree with you right and one Chelsea fan and thats just because I said Mata wasn't a star in La Liga and he wasn't last year.

/yawn....

In fairness, by now even my dog knows the structure of the TV deals in La Liga are totally unfair.

I dont like to get into my league is better than your BS but.......

You mean like how City and Utd are struggling to qualify?

At least watch the matches or do some research.

I don't understand how the tv deal is unfair in la liga? I would say it's more unfair in england where liverpool and sunderland get around the same amount of money and liverpool has like 100x the fans and viewers.

I mean there is a reason why real madrid and barca get so much more money, they are the teams people want to see.

2000. Real champion
2002. Real champion
2006. Barcelona champion
2009. Barcelona champion
2011. Barcelona champion

2000. Valencia runner - up
2001. Valencia runner - up

Sometimes I get the feeling that people here hardly watch anything in La liga outside Barca or Real Madrid.

You do know he scored a brace vs Chelsea?

anyways, I agree with dnmac4... The problem is also in the TV deal but Real Madrid and Barcelonas quality is so high now that it would dominate any league

With the exception of Villareal and Valencia, rest of the La Liga teams are in either pole position or decently placed to go ahead to the next round of their respective competitions. I don't really see that much struggle to be frank.

Only real disappointment so far has to be Valencia for me. I honestly expected more from them...

Oh and there were 4 little yellow guys with there hands over there face which I assume means your post just really sucks.

And again I see three or four threads started by Arsenal fans about La Liga today, it's really sad what you lot have turned into.

Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:00 pm

i bet he couldnt resist lol
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:01 pm

Magricos wrote: It's too early to call atm but La Liga is 2nd in coefficents to the EPL guess where Serie A is.

Fourth, and your point is laliga teams have been poor in europe - Page 2 2238782717
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:03 pm

But to base an entire campaign that isn't even half way finish on one round of football is really....I don't know, just doesn't make an iota of sense even from a Boy Wonder's stand point...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:05 pm

Serie A is 4th overall but not on this season's performance so far.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next