Baronio: 'Lazio president ousted me because I chose number 13'

Go down

Baronio: 'Lazio president ousted me because I chose number 13' Empty Baronio: 'Lazio president ousted me because I chose number 13'

Post by pasquale22 Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:27 pm

Amauri has not played for Juve this season after being frozen out of the squad for supposedly refusing a number of summer transfers.

The Serie A club have often said it was the striker's reluctance to move on following his return from a loan at Parma which has led to the current problem in Turin.

But Baronio, who experienced squad exclusions twice when he was at Perugia and then Lazio, is keen to know Amauri's view.

"The club offered their reasons over Amauri and everyone thinks he is out for this famous transfer refusal," Baronio told Goal.com.

"But I think that in reality there is more to it than that, we just don't know about it.

"I feel sorry for Amauri because a player's role is to play on the pitch, and if he doesn't play then it should be because of a technical choice, not because the club said he refused a transfer."

Being excluded from the squad is a familiar subject for the former Lazio man and he admits it takes the fun out of the game.

"I was ousted from the squad two times when I was at Perugia and Lazio, but the situation was less serious than that of Amauri," Baronio added.

"When I was at Perugia, the then president [Luciano] Gaucci ousted me because I chose the No.13 shirt and he thought that was unlucky.

"At Lazio I was left out during pre-season, but then I was able to get back into the squad later on."

On Wednesday Juventus director general Giuseppe Marotta said Amauri was likely to leave in January.

The Bianconeri will face Genoa in Serie A on Saturday night. Kick-off in the Juventus Stadium willtakes place at 2045 CET.
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down