Lazio President wants Serie A revamp

4 posters

Go down

Lazio President wants Serie A revamp Empty Lazio President wants Serie A revamp

Post by Juventude Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:27 am

Lazio President Claudio Lotito has called for Serie A and Serie B to be reduced to just 18 teams each.

The Italian top-flight is presently a 20-outfit tournament, while there are 22 sides playing in the second tier of the Italian game.

“The championships need to be made up of 18 clubs,” argued Lotito. “The Lega Pro should then have a maximum of 54-60 sides.

“There should also only be one relegation from A and one promotion from B.

“The team that comes second in Serie B should then play-off against the team that comes second from bottom in Serie A.”

Lotito has called for reforms in a bid to save cash-strapped clubs money in these tough economical times. He thinks €60m could be rescued.

“The reduction of teams is necessary because there are not the necessary resources in the present system,” he argued.

“This leads to some critical economical situations that we need to avoid. With these changes, you would put an end to the economical conflicts and you would have more financial certainties.”

I think that Lotito makes some good points. With two less teams, the amount of shared revenue from tv or other contracts would go up for each team and expenses may be decreased. Serie A needs to consider some reforms if they want the overall competitiveness of the league to increase. Just hoping for Serie A to turn around and become popular again isn't going to work in this age of football where there are huge global tv deals and high transfer fees.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Lazio President wants Serie A revamp Empty Re: Lazio President wants Serie A revamp

Post by inderbaby Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:57 pm

Another problem with Serie A are the selling clubs...big example is Udinese! If they hadn't sold Sanchez, Zapata, Inler, Asamoah, Isla and various others in the last couple of seasons then I have no doubt that they would have won silverware by now. I mean look what Napoli have achieved because they refuse to sell players...only case being Lavezzi! Also Serie A clubs must invest in infrastructure and make New stadiums...and they have to take the Europa league seriously...Napoli could win the tournament this year but they have not played a full team in their European games and don't seem interested at all!

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Lazio President wants Serie A revamp Empty Re: Lazio President wants Serie A revamp

Post by DeviAngel Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:41 am

inderbaby wrote:Another problem with Serie A are the selling clubs...big example is Udinese! If they hadn't sold Sanchez, Zapata, Inler, Asamoah, Isla and various others in the last couple of seasons then I have no doubt that they would have won silverware by now. I mean look what Napoli have achieved because they refuse to sell players...only case being Lavezzi! Also Serie A clubs must invest in infrastructure and make New stadiums...and they have to take the Europa league seriously...Napoli could win the tournament this year but they have not played a full team in their European games and don't seem interested at all!

they can't keep them they don't have the budget or anything close plus Sanchez would never stay in Udine with the Barca Interest in him
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:34 am

DeviAngel wrote:
inderbaby wrote:Another problem with Serie A are the selling clubs...big example is Udinese! If they hadn't sold Sanchez, Zapata, Inler, Asamoah, Isla and various others in the last couple of seasons then I have no doubt that they would have won silverware by now. I mean look what Napoli have achieved because they refuse to sell players...only case being Lavezzi! Also Serie A clubs must invest in infrastructure and make New stadiums...and they have to take the Europa league seriously...Napoli could win the tournament this year but they have not played a full team in their European games and don't seem interested at all!

they can't keep them they don't have the budget or anything close plus Sanchez would never stay in Udine with the Barca Interest in him

I don't buy that bro...yes Sanchez wanted a big club like Lavezzi but if Napoli can hold onto Cavani and Hamsik then I don't see why Udinese couldn't have held onto their players. I mean they had contracts and they were not paying huge salaries to them either. It all comes down to what the clubs priorities are...De Laurentis wants to win...Pozzo and Zamparini want to make money. I feel bad for Guidolin...I think he is a fantastic coach...every season he loses his best players and he still keeps the club around the top of the table. Clubs like Udinese, Palermo and Fiorentina do not have big wage bills and they can be competitive if the clubs invest in their stadiums and stop selling the talent for the next biggest offer!

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:37 am

The selling of the players is a result of the financial problem. Italian teams need the money in transfers and very few teams can afford the top players that Italian teams are selling. By having 18 teams, costs would go down and teams would get a greater share in the profits involved with contracts like TV deals. I'm not sure if 18 teams is the answer to the problem, but Serie A needs to look at some type of solution. Teams can't be blamed for selling their top players to foreign clubs in order to make themselves financially viable.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:45 am

Juventude wrote:The selling of the players is a result of the financial problem. Italian teams need the money in transfers and very few teams can afford the top players that Italian teams are selling. By having 18 teams, costs would go down and teams would get a greater share in the profits involved with contracts like TV deals. I'm not sure if 18 teams is the answer to the problem, but Serie A needs to look at some type of solution. Teams can't be blamed for selling their top players to foreign clubs in order to make themselves financially viable.

Tv deals are problem, taxes also a re a big problem the ticket prices to
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:52 am

I kinda agree with "inderbaby"
Udinese could've held on to their player or even make better deals...
They could've atleast get some of Barca youngsters even in a loan deal for Sanchez....example Dos Santos who is there not doing anything...

They sold some good players but the fact they didn't try to find capable replacement is what really have been Udinese's downfall...
Always hoping that Di Natalie will have all the answers...

If they sell Fabrini,Badu,Benatia or Asamoah anytime soon, they are doom...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:51 am

Well Armero will hopefully be coming in January! And why will they sell the best LWB in serie a? Not because they are in debt or because they can't survive without selling him...it's because they are a business club...they grow prospects into top players and sell them for profit!

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:49 am

Once again, I will repeat what I said before. Udinese selling players is not the problem. Players are getting sold because of the financial problem in Serie A, not the other way around. Udinese is just one team. You guys are focusing on the wrong issue. The problem is much bigger than Udinese.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum