Gasperini: "I don't understand why Inter chose me, when they didn't believe in me"

+7
Dnmac4
Kev
kiranr
7amood11
InterMalia
Magricos
PinePHresh
11 posters

Go down

Gasperini: "I don't understand why Inter chose me, when they didn't believe in me" Empty Gasperini: "I don't understand why Inter chose me, when they didn't believe in me"

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:49 am

"I know that results determine everything," he told Secolo XIX. "Inter knew that my system was 3-4-3.

"It is not that I do not know another system, but I believe that with this one, the team I coach play better.

"I explained this to Inter's chiefs three times, when I spoke with them. For this, I believe that the controversy about the formation was used as an excuse.

"If Inter did not believe in my work, why did they sign me?"

Gasperini went on to reveal that he was not happy with his crop of players and that he saw his appeals for more signings denied by the club's hierarchy.

"With [Samuel] Eto'o sold, I wanted two players: Napoli's Ezequiel Lavezzi and Genoa's Rodrigo Palacio," he noted.

"We could not spend any cash? Fine, but we could still sell Wesley Sneijder, Goran Pandev [who instead was loaned out to Napoli] and also Davide Santon, McDonald Mariga and Sulley Muntari.

"With two wide players and Diego Milito and Giampaolo Pazzini in the center, there were no problems: they could all play 30 games, in Serie A, Champions League and Italian Cup.

"Instead, came Diego Forlan, another champion, both on and off the field. I thought about putting him on the left wing and that way Sneijder could be a starter."

Asked about the Dutchman's poor involvement in the team, Gasperini admitted to being out of ideas regarding how to bring the best out of the former Real Madrid star.

"Sneijder is a champion, but I do not use a playmaker, so I tried to put him lower on the field, then higher and close to the goal," he added.

"I tried everything and nothing worked."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will Moratti ever trust a coach again with anything after Mourinho ?

Back to top Go down

Gasperini: "I don't understand why Inter chose me, when they didn't believe in me" Empty Re: Gasperini: "I don't understand why Inter chose me, when they didn't believe in me"

Post by PinePHresh Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:54 am

Does Gasperini think that he is a revolutionary mastermind of tactics? That his 3-4-3 is the be all end all?

He deserved to be sacked. A coach should base his tactics on the players available to him.
PinePHresh
PinePHresh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Gasperini: "I don't understand why Inter chose me, when they didn't believe in me" Empty Re: Gasperini: "I don't understand why Inter chose me, when they didn't believe in me"

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:05 am

PinePHresh wrote:Does Gasperini think that he is a revolutionary mastermind of tactics? That his 3-4-3 is the be all end all?

He deserved to be sacked. A coach should base his tactics on the players available to him.

When you approach a tactician, he gives you his plans, and you promise to deliver that, then you can't moan.

Ferguson was trophiless at United for 6 years, but they believed in him. They got him everything he wanted until that first title arrived. Best example being, Roy Keane signing which was very controversial.

You either support your manager, or don't hire him at the first place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:17 am

Gasperini is right in this case though ffs he explained it three times.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:23 am

Moratti would've given him everything he wanted but the moment he said he wanted Palacio instead of Sneijder he knew the guy was crazy and had to be gone.

"I don't believe in winning formations, i believe in winning players" Ranieri

That's a winning attitude....Ok, almost winning attitude banana
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:26 am

I think Ranieri will do well with Inter. Inter's players do suit a 4-4-2 better than a 4-2-4 after all.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:31 am

4 2 3 1 or 4 3 1 2 that's what our players are used to. We played the 4 2 4 against Milan and Schalke, ended with humiliation both times.
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:10 am

With Moratti's reputation, i think any manager should think atleast 10 times before signing for Inter Milan.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:17 am

Zanetti has gone through 17 managers in 16 years.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:55 pm

Poor Sneijder. Can't find a team with stability.
Kev
Kev
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:02 pm

Wow, I actually agree with Gasperini 100%. I mean I think he's a little mad to want to get rid of Wesley and he could use a system to suit his players, but if he explained all this from the start then what's the issue?

They should have never hired him and started with Raneiri instead.

Gasperini does deserve some flak though. I mean when you get the chance to coach a team like Inter it's a big step up so you should be flexible if for nothing else to advance your career especially when things were going so bad.

All in all if Moratti was never going to buy the players and sell the ones Gasp wanted then it's Moratti's fault.

With Italy only having 3 CL spots now Moratti can't afford to make these huge mistakes.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:08 am

A good coach will find the system that suits the players not the otherway round.If Gasperini couldnt find a system that fits his best player he is just inept.

He should have never been appointed for a big club like Inter.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:01 am

This is simple, you don't play the formation that you don't have the players for at that time. You cannot be so stubborn so as not to wait till you have the available players for the formation!

Apparently, in our case Mou is waiting to play a 4-3-3, but he cannot with Altintop, Sahin out and Khedira only just getting back to fitness.

We're currently CM light, which was evident at the withdrawal of Lass last night for Ozil (who did an outstanding job there). But point is you must adapt to what you have until you get what you need to play the system you want.

Another failure in Inter's case that he didn't want to admit were the 3 centre halves. In a 3-4-3 your CB push high in possession, then the WB even further forward, if you lose the ball and those defenders are slow, as Lucio, Ranocchia and Chivu or Walter Samuel are then there is just too much space for them to be exploited when being countered.
That and the lack of a Robben, Nani, Di Maria, Valencia, Lavezzi, Pablo Hernandez, Adam Johnson, Bale was always going to mess that front 3 up. Ridiculous having all those CF's and your formation only having space for one.

The coach was bogus, Inter should do better with the Tinkerman.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadi Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:56 am

he's right!, it's not his fault at all!, gasperini is an average coach who loves using 3-4-3 formation, we all knew he was going to fail at inter!, the man was never touted to be the next big thing in the world of football, he's just a regular italian coach who was unemployeed at the time when inter came offering him a job, is it his fault??, i don't believe so..

moratti is to blame for that and whoever told him to hire gasperini....
Fadi
Fadi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by cheesy Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:31 am

It's clear that they made a very bad decision.

Gasperini just wasn't going to cut it at a massive club such as Inter. The board never truly believed in him and would have been much better going for a bigger managerial name.

I have a small drop of sympathy for Gasperini at the fact he was sacked so early on, however it was clear that he wasn't good enough for the role. The Inter board does need to take some responsibility for ever appointing him though, when he was obviously a bad choice.

cheesy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down