McAgger
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Fahim89
BeautifulGame
nj
28 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:23 am

some reports suggesting that we have agreed a fee for Charlie Adam just some personal agreements left . . i am not sure if this news comes true whether or not to be happy or sad . . Razz

Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by Red Alert Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:00 am

apparently trying to hi-jack the Alex Chamberlain with Arsenal.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:12 am

ynwa wrote:apparently trying to hi-jack the Alex Chamberlain with Arsenal.

yea saw that rumors & it comes along with the usual statement that WE ARE FAVORITES! Razz . . but my question is how good is the guy? haven't seen much of him . .

btw saw this now that Pepe might have suggested the purchase of Villarreal's Santi Cazorla. . i really am not in favor as it might cancel out Downing's signing & also Cazorla seems way too expensive . .

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/866054-santi-cazorla-eyed-by-liverpool-as-part-of-kop-transfer-spree
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:57 am

It seems ManU might be paying more then the previous bid . .muhaha well atleast if this happens we would have a laugh Razz . .anyhow won't consider the source as much credible . .

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2011/06/12/manchester-united-set-to-pay-20-5m-for-jones-after-late-22m-offer-from-liverpool-120601/

Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:28 pm

Is Downing worth £15 million! I know it's all rumors ATM, but I don't think he is worth that much.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:53 pm

iftikhar, Aston Villa bought Downing when they were in the Coca-Cola for 12m. He now has PL experience. Considering English players tax, 15m wouldn't be too bad. I want Mata though. cheers
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:57 pm

Fahim89 wrote:some reports suggesting that we have agreed a fee for Charlie Adam just some personal agreements left . . i am not sure if this news comes true whether or not to be happy or sad . . Razz

I can't say I am thrilled about this, if it is indeed true. I think Adam is a good player, but quite over-hyped. I can't see him doing much more than stealing sub and rotation appearances from our young class of CMs. Shelvey, Spearing and Henderson are going to need time to really bring themselves up to starting 11 quality. I can't see Adam taking Lucas's role from him, as he doesn't defend nearly as well and his passing and composure on ball isn't that much better. He's certainly does not possess the attacking presence that Meireles and Gerrard do. I see him as a designer signing that is quite possibly surplus to our needs. He stuck somewhere between a young, prospect signing and a high-profile bolstering of our starting 11. Don't get me wrong; I like Adam as a player. I just cannot see the contribution he can bring next season that others on our squad cannot. Suspect

iftikhar wrote:Is Downing worth £15 million! I know it's all rumors ATM, but I don't think he is worth that much.

If he's really our main target, I can live with spending 15 mil for Downing. He provides a good attacking threat, and he would certainly provide the width that we need. He is not the attacking threat that Young, but I personally think he might be a better true winger than Young. If the decision was between 20 mil for Young and 15 mil for Downing, I'd probably take Downing and invest the other 5 in a younger prospect. (Henderson anyone?) That said, I am still hoping that these are just newspaper rumors, drummed up do to a lack of communication out of LFC. I lied earlier when I said I'd take Downing at 15 mil over Young at 20. The truth is I'd take option C: Mata at whatever Valencia wants. Cool

If our link with Mata has any credibility, we won't hear any news on a new winger until after the U21 competition. So stayed tuned and continue reading those newspaper rumors with a grain of salt... or at least some bitter coffee. :coffee: (Yes, that was just an excuse to use this smiley. This thing is awesome.)
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:34 pm

Adam will provide us verity to our midfield . Left foot , great at set pieces and deep lying play maker which is rare these days . Can be used against bottom teams that defend with 10 men behind the ball .
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:05 pm

Pault86 Paul Thompson
There has been movement today from LFC for 3 players. Not sure of the names just yet. One I am hearing though is an improved offer for Cahil

this guy always has some interesting n sort of reliable view although none can be sure off . .but hope something comes up soon . .

also i personally feel the Adam deal would come to some conclusion very soon ! Very Happy
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:34 pm

Fahim89 wrote:Pault86 Paul Thompson
One I am hearing though is an improved offer for Cahil

good.
i rate cahill too and i think he's one of the few (realistic) who can make up for loosing out on Jones.

but im hearing City are also in...... Neutral

now come on henry! show em whos boss and throw that cash
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:02 pm

Cahill will go to City i am pretty sure of that . THey have been linked with him for ages .
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:04 pm

1. The Cahill link is encouraging. TBF, I have seen very few non-LFC players on regular basis but I heard all the right things about him. But if City is interested we must NOT get into a bidding war just prove our prowess. We will get 50-some games to do that. There are many CB who CAN be just as good and we have lots of uses for few extra millions.

2. Adam will be a TOTALLY unnecessary buy. Unless Kenny is sure that Gerrard will not be a regular in 2012-13 as Henderson or Shelvey will still be far from ready to replace him. I think the British thing is getting too far.

3. Where is our LB!!! This is THE most critical area and what's the progress!!! Then, where are the wingers!!! This is second only to our need for a LB and again there's hardly any progress.

4. Is Downing really worth £15 millions! I think Villa tends to over spend (Bent for £18, jeez) so their purchase at £12 million isn't really a bench-mark. Sincerely hope we can ship either Milan or Cole out for Downing.

5. I know most of our work is done behind the scene and rumors we hear/read are basically, RUMORS. But I can't deny that I'm feeling a bit uncomfortable ATM.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:09 pm

Im sorry to interrupt, but for me (and some Roma fans its very important). So the question is, is there any development on the Doni deal.Thank you very much Very Happy
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:45 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
RedOranje wrote:Could probably get Sakho, Subotic/Hummels (depending on if they were ok with the idea of a move), or any one of several other CBs who are currently better than Jones (and have just as high supposed potential) for less than £22m.

Perhaps Jones versatility to play as a DM too is driving his price ?
No, the fact that he's English and ManUtd and Arsenal are also interested is driving up his price.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:49 pm

This thread is the 5th most active on the forums. Very Happy
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:06 pm

poolsupporter wrote:This thread is the 5th most active on the forums. Very Happy

Damn, gotta contribute to that!
Uh-oh.. umm.. so! ummm... you errr.. I mean we will ummm.. yeah, how about that Henderson deal, huh? Pretty solid stuff, gotta say!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:27 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Damn, gotta contribute to that!
Uh-oh.. umm.. so! ummm... you errr.. I mean we will ummm.. yeah, how about that Henderson deal, huh? Pretty solid stuff, gotta say!

hahah well done.

reminds me of the vid i saw this week (through rwj):

lol
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:38 pm

Henderson didn't get much of the ball tonight as they were playing vs Spain, but when he did I got the impression that his biggest strenth is quick 1 and 2s short passes and movement....His long range passing a bit inconsistent, but I like his quick movement and short 1 and 2s and moving into space. We should see his more attacking side vs Ukraine where Englan are more likely to have possesssion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:58 pm

Adam and Downing deals are all over twitter .. Both to completed by next week as the reports say..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:34 am

So, have epic helmets or muppets started slagging Henderson yet? I see his thread is up in general section, but can't be arsed going there as it's predictable what's in there.

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:58 am

Sepi wrote:So, have epic helmets or muppets started slagging Henderson yet? I see his thread is up in general section, but can't be arsed going there as it's predictable what's in there.

I only watched the second half, to be fair. And he was average. However, I'm not going to judge him on half a game.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:07 am

iftikhar wrote:
3. Where is our LB!!! This is THE most critical area and what's the progress!!! Then, where are the wingers!!! This is second only to our need for a LB and again there's hardly any progress.

pretty sure we're selling clichy to you guys @ liverpool.

idk why though
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:10 am

poolsupporter wrote:
Sepi wrote:So, have epic helmets or muppets started slagging Henderson yet? I see his thread is up in general section, but can't be arsed going there as it's predictable what's in there.

I only watched the second half, to be fair. And he was average. However, I'm not going to judge him on half a game.

It's really hard for any midfielder to stand out when they don't even see the ball. That happens against Spain, Jones hoofing to Rose bypassed the midfield a lot of times.

I think we'll be able to get a much better look of him vs Ukraine where England are more likely to be dominant

Don't forget that we are likely to have more possession in 70% of our games next season at least and players like Hendo shine when given the ball and possession

That said, I really don't give a shit about England....If we went by NT performances, Frank Lampard would look as bad as Poulsen 90% of the time

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:15 am

Sepi wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:

It's really hard for any midfielder to stand out when they don't even see the ball. That happens against Spain, Jones hoofing to Rose bypassed the midfield a lot of times.

I think we'll be able to get a much better look of him vs Ukraine where England are more likely to be dominant

Don't forget that we are likely to have more possession in 70% of our games next season at least and players like Hendo shine when given the ball and possession

That said, I really don't give a shit about England....If we went by NT performances, Frank Lampard would look as bad as Poulsen 90% of the time

Which is why I mentioned it would be harsh to judge him just based on this game. I hope he works out for us, but I, like a few others here I'm sure, am a little skeptical about him.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:11 am

Nishank wrote:Adam and Downing deals are all over twitter .. Both to completed by next week as the reports say..

well according to twitter rumors those two plus Wickham are almost LFC players . . specially Adam & Wickham . .& the medical is just a formality Razz hope these r true . . Smile

poolsupporter wrote:Which is why I mentioned it would be harsh to judge him just based on this game. I hope he works out for us, but I, like a few others here I'm sure, am a little skeptical about him.

agree to the first part of your statement, that we can't really judge a guy based on a single game that also against the best team in that tournament . .really wouldn't be fair . .now being skeptical is totally your point of view & you are right in that in your own way . .however i just have a feeling that he might be sthng great & the reason being now we have two brilliant man managers in the helm in the form of Steve Clarke & The King . .so i for one would rest my trust on those two & maybe within a year or two hope to see a great player Very Happy
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:09 am

Daily post reports that we might be expecting to see up to 5 new faces up in Anfield this week . .apart from the reliability issue this does make up for an exciting week to look forward to bounce

The names are . . Charlie Adam, Stuart Downing, Gael Clichy, Conor Wickham & Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

btw i doubt anything would be happening regarding Wickham as he is in the U21 championship & also wasn't Chamberlin a target of Arsenal more seriously than ours??

However, do expect some movement regarding the other three Smile

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/liverpool-fc/2011/06/13/liverpool-fc-could-be-in-for-five-new-faces-this-week-55578-28866704/
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next