sbaggio
Grande_Milano
aford92
25 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

MMA Thread Empty MMA Thread

Post by aford92 Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:21 pm

A thread to discuss all things MMA and K1, didn't see one posted so I thought I'd make one myself.

UFC 137 in 2 weeks. Thoughts?
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

MMA Thread Empty Re: MMA Thread

Post by Grande_Milano Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:34 pm

Fedor gets his win. Putin being whistled by crowd, priceless)
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:48 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:09 am

Emelianenko vs Lesnar now. Thats gonna be epic. Cant get better than this
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sbaggio Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:00 am

Jones choked out Machida in awesome fashion. Mir broke Big Nogs arm and Little Nog TKO'd Ortiz. UFC 143 was great.
sbaggio
sbaggio
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:45 pm

I looked for this thread but couldn't find it in the search bar Sad
Grande_Milano wrote:Emelianenko vs Lesnar now. Thats gonna be epic. Cant get better than this
I wish this happened years ago and Fedor confirmed his status as the GOAT, but I don't think it will now. Fedor looks like he'll retire fighting cans in M1...
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:56 pm

Just found a lost gem on YouTube. I had forgotten about this video Laughing
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:56 am

Top Class striking show from Nate Diaz, was on point tonight.

Big fight in minutes.

Let's see in 'Reem lives up to his tag.

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:46 am

Overeem flat out pwns Brock, but tbf, Brock put on a crappy fight.

At first, It seemed 'Reem was a little nervous by Brock's wrestling and speed, and Brock tried to kick off the striking fest.Threw away a TD attempt, giving 'Reem confidence that he can out muscle Brock in the TDs, also giving him more freedom in the striking game.

Tried to land strikes, 'Reem counters and lands harder hits on Brock. Nails a nice body shot in Brock's weak spot (surgically repaired gut) that threw the fight outta the contest and allowed 'Reem to finish off a defenseless Brock. Ref calls for the bell. 1st Round TKO.

'Reem is next in line to fight JDS. Striking masterpiece that'll be.

Brock announces his retirement from the Octagon. Couldn't really find his feet after his illness, did alot to expand the UFC. He retires with a 5-3 record. Respect for the man.

It seems he's heading back home to the WWE with his superfriends Undertaker and Big Show.

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:54 am

Stayed up watching a crappy, laggy stream for that??

Can i legally sue Brock Lesnar for wasting my time?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:57 am

http://www.ufc.com/media/141-post-pc

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:35 am

Hopefully he comes back to WWE.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:05 pm

I think Brock should have been more aggressive with his takedowns. He hits hard, but taking a Chael Sonnen-esque approach to that fight would have made more sense considering Overeem is one of the best kickboxers on the planet. Tbh, I was rooting for Overeem, but it was kind of sad to see Brock go out like that. On the plus side, my mouth is already salivating at the thought of Overeem vs. Dos Santos Very Happy

As for the Diaz-Cerrone fight, did anybody else think Cerrone just looked exhausted 30 seconds into the first round? He seemed to recover, but I don't know what the hell happened there. Good on Diaz for winning though, although honestly I wanted nothing more than to see him get demolished.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:48 am

MMA Thread Barbozaheel-h

UFC 142 was amazing, the atmosphere the crowd must have gotten to these fighters. Aside from one fight, I think every other fight was great in its own way. Some great knock outs, sweet submissions and a bunch of heart. I even found the prelims to be exciting. I think I'll actually watch this event again.

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:10 pm

barboza :bow: seriously watch the knockout in slowmo...wow...etim had no clue wtf to do when it was coming...and after how his body locked up and fell flush...
Palhares affraid seriously scarey...
Aldo....whats to be said really great awareness and unbelievable TD defence...i was actually backing mendes because i thought he could take down aldo but ffs aldo is beast.

nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:14 pm

Is anyone else cheering for Sonnen to beat Anderson Silva? I think the division needs to be shaken up, plus Sonnen is the ultimate troll :bow:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:52 pm

Nope, he's a huge douche. I want to see him get owned in the first round by a front kick via Victor Belfort. I'll never understand why trolls get love (forum or real life.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:45 am

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:Nope, he's a huge douche. I want to see him get owned in the first round by a front kick via Victor Belfort. I'll never understand why trolls get love (forum or real life.)
Normally I hate trolls, but Sonnen is hilarious sometimes because of how much he contradicts himself, especially since it's all part of the act. I'd probably dislike him if I didn't go on MMA forums from time to time though; he is an internet god on Sherdog, for example (MMA equivalent of Balotelli).

He only targets Brazilians with his antics though, for some reason. That whole country probably hates him.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:54 am

1:22-1:42 :bow:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:58 am

Eman wrote:
Normally I hate trolls, but Sonnen is hilarious sometimes because of how much he contradicts himself, especially since it's all part of the act. I'd probably dislike him if I didn't go on MMA forums from time to time though; he is an internet god on Sherdog, for example (MMA equivalent of Balotelli).

He only targets Brazilians with his antics though, for some reason. That whole country probably hates him.

My brother and I were discussing him and he (my bro) thinks that Sonnen is legit insane. What are your thoughts?

I was a little put off by his interview with Joe Rogan, I think Joe was as well. Silly me thought he might actually answer the question Joe has asked him. Wonder if Sonnen already knew what he was going to say, or if he's just that good.

I'm actually all for a shakeup in that division, but I think it would pain me to see Sonnen with that belt. For one, it would give him way too much ammunition. Not really sure if anyone else can contend for the belt, possibly Dan Henderson.

P.S. Have you seen the video of Sonnen in the same car as Wanderlei Silva?

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:21 am

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:My brother and I were discussing him and he (my bro) thinks that Sonnen is legit insane. What are your thoughts?

I was a little put off by his interview with Joe Rogan, I think Joe was as well. Silly me thought he might actually answer the question Joe has asked him. Wonder if Sonnen already knew what he was going to say, or if he's just that good.

I'm actually all for a shakeup in that division, but I think it would pain me to see Sonnen with that belt. For one, it would give him way too much ammunition. Not really sure if anyone else can contend for the belt, possibly Dan Henderson.

P.S. Have you seen the video of Sonnen in the same car as Wanderlei Silva?
I think he just wants people to know who he is. If we take away the personality, there's really not much about him that would inspire love or hatred, so he's done what Rampage, Mayhem, old-school Overeem and a lot of the popular guys from a few years ago did and created a gimmick for himself.

As for the interview, Sonnen never seems to answer questions. I legit do think he prepares the speeches beforehand and says them no matter what he gets asked - he did the same thing after his fight with Brian Stann with the whole "Anderson Silva, you absolutely suck" rant.

The thing is with Chael, he is not unbeatable. He has been caught in simple submissions so many times it's ridiculous for a fighter of his caliber. Even if he wins the belt, I doubt he'd keep it, but stylistically he appears to be the only guy capable of beating Anderson at this point in time, so I'm pulling for him. I'm actually a huge Hendo fan (even though he beat my all time 2nd and 3rd favourite fighters in his last two bouts Sad), and I'd love to see Hendo fight Anderson again, but Hendo is trying for the light heavyweight belt right now, and the only guy ahead of him in the pecking order for a title shot is Rashad Evans. We'll have to wait a few months at least for Jon Jones to beat Hendo before he'll go back to middleweight.

And yeah, I did see that video. Wanderlei handled that situation very well I thought to let Sonnen know that his actions weren't acceptable, but then again, since that time Sonnen has openly made comments about how Wanderlei sucks too, so I don't think he is going to change his tune. For the record, even though he'd lose, I'd be cheering for Wanderlei all the way if he fought Sonnen.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:34 am

Diego Sanchez walking out with that cross was just epic
MMA Thread Diego-cross-screencap_crop_340x234:bow:

Florian:
I guess he thinks Ellenberger is a vampire
Laughing
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:39 pm

Massive fight tonight. The comeback kid fights again :bow:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:22 am

This Main Event is fantastic. What a fight being put out. Will have to rewatch this one again to help me get an idea of the decision, as close as a match can get.

Such a great card today, hasn't been such a great card like this in a while.
Pettis is still looking fresh. Rampage is threading it right now.

Last edited by Danny7 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:25 am

Henderson has won the match via UD. New champion.

Loved Frank, put character in every one of his matches as champ, displayed a never say die attitude and proved never to be a Cinderella story vs BJ Penn.

Round win count: 4-1. Seems a little too seasoned to me as I thought Edgar had the edge on the 5th.

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next