How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

+49
Turok_TTZ
FennecFox7
cheesy
punkfusion1992
guest7
Lord Awesome
alexjanosik
buddytaller
bebop_23
halamadrid2
uzonero
Arsenalfaithfull
BeautifulGame
RealGunner
Iceman
che
Vibe
DeviAngel
Adit
S
Highburied
Rossoneri Ninja
AttacanteBG
BiasedMilanFan3
Mia_San_Mia
teamanarchy
EarlyPrototype
Red Alert
billy_gr
daneq
Giovanni10
cyberman
Dnmac4
Le Samourai
H.A.
Amar
StevieRayVaughan
jibers
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Jack Daniels
Magricos
Zealous
Gil
zarola
Swanhends
The Messiah
Ganso
The Madrid One
BarrileteCosmico
53 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 4 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by bebop_23 Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:08 pm

too error prone, so he needs major improvements in that area.... and watching him consistently get destroyed by quality winger/forwards (henry, villa) means he really shouldn't be playing RB

bebop_23
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 123
Join date : 2011-07-24

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 4 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:10 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Yes lets ignore the fact that Spain have no one else lmao.......

No one else?

Arbeloa
Azpilicueta
Puyol
Iraola

There's 4.....


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 4 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:11 pm

Crimson wrote:


He has the highest workrate in the Madrid defence, those numbers speak volumes about his work ethic and work rate and how good he actually is.


i thought pepe had the highest work rate of our defence
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 25035
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 4 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by buddytaller Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:11 pm

He is still among the best RB's in the world, I don't get this whole decline thing, he used to be more attacking under previous Madrid coaches, but Mourinho has restricted him to just a few runs up front in a match, in no way has he declined defensively as a player, still the same great right back for Real Madrid.
The only right back I'll rate over him is Philip Lahm.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb
Posts : 1401
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 4 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by Ganso Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:12 pm

Crimson wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:Yes lets ignore the fact that Spain have no one else lmao.......

No one else?

Arbeloa
Azpilicueta
Puyol
Iraola

There's 4.....

puyol is a CB and Arbeloa doesnt get enough playing time/doesnt start for RM(even though he is better than Ramos atm),the rest are crap.Ive said this before,Spain has a pretty average depth in defense
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 15522
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 4 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:14 pm

Ganso wrote:
Crimson wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:Yes lets ignore the fact that Spain have no one else lmao.......

No one else?

Arbeloa
Azpilicueta
Puyol
Iraola

There's 4.....

puyol is a CB and Arbeloa doesnt get enough playing time/doesnt start for RM(even though he is better than Ramos atm),the rest are crap.Ive said this before,Spain has a pretty average depth in defense

Actually Puyol is a RB converted to a CB and still plays RB every now and then for Barcelona

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 4 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:15 pm

buddytaller wrote:He is still among the best RB's in the world, I don't get this whole decline thing, he used to be more attacking under previous Madrid coaches, but Mourinho has restricted him to just a few runs up front in a match, in no way has he declined defensively as a player, still the same great right back for Real Madrid.
The only right back I'll rate over him is Philip Lahm.

do you know how much i hate when he is just being nonchalant with the ball and then just loses it cant catch the winger and off they go with a good cross or shot, antonio griezman says hello
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 25035
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 4 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:16 pm

Crimson wrote:
Ganso wrote:
Crimson wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:Yes lets ignore the fact that Spain have no one else lmao.......

No one else?

Arbeloa
Azpilicueta
Puyol
Iraola

There's 4.....

puyol is a CB and Arbeloa doesnt get enough playing time/doesnt start for RM(even though he is better than Ramos atm),the rest are crap.Ive said this before,Spain has a pretty average depth in defense

Actually Puyol is a RB converted to a CB and still plays RB every now and then for Barcelona

While that is true, Spain are not going to put thier best CB to RB just because he can play there ffs

Then you will have Albilol playing everygame Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68989
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 4 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:17 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Crimson wrote:
Ganso wrote:
Crimson wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:Yes lets ignore the fact that Spain have no one else lmao.......

No one else?

Arbeloa
Azpilicueta
Puyol
Iraola

There's 4.....

puyol is a CB and Arbeloa doesnt get enough playing time/doesnt start for RM(even though he is better than Ramos atm),the rest are crap.Ive said this before,Spain has a pretty average depth in defense

Actually Puyol is a RB converted to a CB and still plays RB every now and then for Barcelona

While that is true, Spain are not going to put thier best CB to RB just because he can play there ffs

Then you will have Albilol playing everygame Laughing

i am not even kidding now, but he has improved
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 25035
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 4 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by Giovanni10 Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:23 pm

This is such a ridiculous thread, can't believe people are still disputing whether or not he is a class player... In light of this I'm going to troll again...


Sergio Ramos... Poor man's Michel Salgado :coffee:
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 841
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 36

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 4 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:24 pm

Ramos may be the only Spanish RB or one of 2 million. At the end of the day he was was the best RB in the world cup. Performance wise and statistically.

EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 4 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:24 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

While that is true, Spain are not going to put thier best CB to RB just because he can play there ffs

Then you will have Albilol playing everygame Laughing

Anyway back to the point

No one is better than him at international level playing at right back atm even before his master class performance at the World Cup.

I am yet to see any evidence for all this talk of him being "average" and "crap"

I have at least backed up my opinions with facts all everyone else is doing is giving opinions based on what I see as jealousy and hate

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 4 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by Le Samourai Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:25 pm

:facepalm: If you played Puyol at RB for 50 games a season most of you all would think he's below average.

There's a reason both Maldini and Puyol have said that Sergio Ramos is their heir.It is because his career path is mirroring both of theirs. early fantastic performances at a Fullback position followed by a rapid decline in Speed, resulting in movement to CB.

When Puyol retires for Spain he will move to Cb.Until then it suits his and Spains interest to stay at RB.

If world class is top 3 in the world then in the seasons I outlined he is definitely World class, but that is IMO.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 11545
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 4 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by alexjanosik Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:42 pm

He is poor going forward.
I think the spate of headed goals he scored in his early Madrid career inflated everyone's opinion of him going forward.
He thinks he is Messi with the ball and turns the ball over easily and doesnt know what to do when in space.

Defensively he is very rash and positionally suspect.Also gets burned a few too many times to be elite defensively.

Just one question to Madrid fans who are claiming him to be world class and second only to Alves.
If he is the second best RB then why do most Madrid fans want to move him to the center?
He is after all the second best in the world.So why move to the center.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3236
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 4 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by Ganso Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:43 pm

he hasnt been top 3 ever since last season imo
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 15522
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 4 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:44 pm

Ramos is top 3 in the world and we want him to partner Pepe and replace Carvalho with Arbeloa RB which will make it a much more solid defense.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 4 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by Ganso Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:46 pm

alves,lahm and sagna>Ramos in my books
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 15522
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 4 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by alexjanosik Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:54 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:Ramos is top 3 in the world and we want him to partner Pepe and replace Carvalho with Arbeloa RB which will make it a much more solid defense.

IMO that argument doesnt wash.
You dont move a player who is supposedly the second best in his position to a new position where he would struggle to be placed in a list of the top 20(top 20 CB's that is).
Especially if the player replacing the second best player is a player who is at best above average in Arbeloa.
Unless ofcourse Ramos really isnt the second best and is average which is the much more likelier scenario.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3236
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 4 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by Adit Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:00 pm

Best RB in euro hands down

Best RB in WC hands down

Amazing career for spanish NT,one of their best performers...

Still getting called Average lol..

if any thing he is a very good RB not that "lol"s and "haahaha" Laughing
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 9571
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 4 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by alexjanosik Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:02 pm

Adit wrote:Best RB in euro hands down

Best RB in WC hands down

Amazing career for spanish NT,one of their best performers...

Still getting called Average lol..

if any thing he is a very good RB not that "lol"s and "haahaha" Laughing

Then answer the question.If he is all that then why do many Madrid fans want to move him to CB and play Arbeloa of all people at RB.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3236
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 4 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by RealGunner Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:04 pm

So that means He's a better player for Spain then he is for Madrid ? scratch

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89513
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 4 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:06 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:Ramos is top 3 in the world and we want him to partner Pepe and replace Carvalho with Arbeloa RB which will make it a much more solid defense.

IMO that argument doesnt wash.
You dont move a player who is supposedly the second best in his position to a new position where he would struggle to be placed in a list of the top 20(top 20 CB's that is).
Especially if the player replacing the second best player is a player who is at best above average in Arbeloa.
Unless ofcourse Ramos really isnt the second best and is average which is the much more likelier scenario.

HUH!! the only time he was played as a full-time CB, he became the best defender of the season(2005-2006). donno what youre are on about

and about deploying him as a CB, well of course ive only just realised you know squat about us, so ill break it down for you cravalho is really really old, slow and allround garbage so instead of suffering through him we want to play ramos there as hes proved to be the best when playing as a CB until varane develops

and btw alves just shows how shite he is while playing for brazil because he doesnt get as much cover there as he gets from barca....but continue overrating him though
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 25035
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 4 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by Adit Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:08 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
Adit wrote:Best RB in euro hands down

Best RB in WC hands down

Amazing career for spanish NT,one of their best performers...

Still getting called Average lol..

if any thing he is a very good RB not that "lol"s and "haahaha" Laughing

Then answer the question.If he is all that then why do many Madrid fans want to move him to CB and play Arbeloa of all people at RB.
I dont want to talk behalf of RM fans simply because i dont know all of their opinion.I will put mine.
First of all we have no ball playing CB at all in our team, a decent ball playing CB (carvalho) has declined drastically and cant be a starter any more.Then we have our best wing back in the world at going forward in marcelo who will always bombard throw left,hence our RB rarely joins attack.We actually plays a 3 men back line most of the time,hence Arbeloa who is defensively very good can move to RB.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 9571
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 4 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:09 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:Ramos is top 3 in the world and we want him to partner Pepe and replace Carvalho with Arbeloa RB which will make it a much more solid defense.

IMO that argument doesnt wash.
You dont move a player who is supposedly the second best in his position to a new position where he would struggle to be placed in a list of the top 20(top 20 CB's that is).
Especially if the player replacing the second best player is a player who is at best above average in Arbeloa.
Unless ofcourse Ramos really isnt the second best and is average which is the much more likelier scenario.

Yes it does.

Ramos is top 3 in the world at the RB position, but he is more valuable for Real Madrid playing at the CB position imo. I prefer to see him there because it seems to be his natural position and he has potential to be the best at CB. Ramos is used mostly for defensive purposes since Marcelo is the fullback that always attacks.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 4 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by Adit Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:11 pm

RealGunner wrote:So that means He's a better player for Spain then he is for Madrid ? scratch

Spain uses his abilities to max,also Schuster was the only madrid coach who used Ramos properly.He was amazing under him.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 9571
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 4 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:12 pm

RealGunner wrote:So that means He's a better player for Spain then he is for Madrid ? scratch


Ramos has for freedom playing for Spain because they are so dominant. It gives Ramos the chance to constantly overlap.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 4 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum