How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

+49
Turok_TTZ
FennecFox7
cheesy
punkfusion1992
guest7
Lord Awesome
alexjanosik
buddytaller
bebop_23
halamadrid2
uzonero
Arsenalfaithfull
BeautifulGame
RealGunner
Iceman
che
Vibe
DeviAngel
Adit
S
Highburied
Rossoneri Ninja
AttacanteBG
BiasedMilanFan3
Mia_San_Mia
teamanarchy
EarlyPrototype
Red Alert
billy_gr
daneq
Giovanni10
cyberman
Dnmac4
Le Samourai
H.A.
Amar
StevieRayVaughan
jibers
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Jack Daniels
Magricos
Zealous
Gil
zarola
Swanhends
The Messiah
Ganso
The Madrid One
BarrileteCosmico
53 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 3 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:57 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:He has more steals than Pepe and Carvalho.

More passes than Ozil.

Haters gonna hate.

Too much kneejerk in this thread.

Kneejerk? bad performances at RB for Madrid over 4 years is kneejerk?

I wont deny he's a good CB but at RB he's the weaklink.....

Bad performances for past 4 years? kneejerk much ? lol

How is it kneejerk? kneejerk is calling Aguero the best striker in the world after scoring a hatrick against Swansea......

This is different this is an opinion gathered over time by the fact over the last 2 years he hasnt contributed hardly at all to the attack and defensively he gets raped by any half decent wide player......

Seriously the list of players that have got the better of Ramos is as wide as a 60 inch widescreen tv......

And unlike Alves and Marcelo we cant use the excuse that he contributes to the attack because since Mourinho took over and even before than he hasnt and still continues to be defensively poor......

Need's to be moved to CB asap imo......

Most tackles, steal, interceptions and blocked shots last season for Real Madrid despite starting late due to injury

Yup defensively poor .....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 3 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by Le Samourai Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:59 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:He has more steals than Pepe and Carvalho.

More passes than Ozil.

Haters gonna hate.

Too much kneejerk in this thread.

Kneejerk? bad performances at RB for Madrid over 4 years is kneejerk?

I wont deny he's a good CB but at RB he's the weaklink.....

Bad performances for past 4 years? kneejerk much ? lol

How is it kneejerk? kneejerk is calling Aguero the best striker in the world after scoring a hatrick against Swansea......

This is different this is an opinion gathered over time by the fact over the last 2 years he hasnt contributed hardly at all to the attack and defensively he gets raped by any half decent wide player......

Seriously the list of players that have got the better of Ramos is as wide as a 60 inch widescreen tv......

And unlike Alves and Marcelo we cant use the excuse that he contributes to the attack because since Mourinho took over and even before than he hasnt and still continues to be defensively poor......

Need's to be moved to CB asap imo......

Mourinhio took over a year ago mate , not 4..........................

You saying consistently bad performances over 4 years is really over doing it.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 11545
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 3 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by Adit Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:00 pm

He is rated fine.Why are people forgetting his amazing performance for spanish NT from his start of NT career?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 9571
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 3 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:01 pm

Iceman wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:


How is it kneejerk? kneejerk is calling Aguero the best striker in the world after scoring a hatrick against Swansea......

This is different this is an opinion gathered over time by the fact over the last 2 years he hasnt contributed hardly at all to the attack and defensively he gets raped by any half decent wide player......

Seriously the list of players that have got the better of Ramos is as wide as a 60 inch widescreen tv......

And unlike Alves and Marcelo we cant use the excuse that he contributes to the attack because since Mourinho took over and even before than he hasnt and still continues to be defensively poor......

Need's to be moved to CB asap imo......

So it's...60 inches long? lol

Tbf you could write alot of names accross that tv, ignoring the fact it would destroy the screen :coffee:

@ Crimson

If thats all we use to rate players these days then Jose Enrique is the best LB in the world Laughing

@ Josh

Yh he has been, all Mourinho has changed is that he doesnt get forward much anymore, my point still remains.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68989
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 3 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:04 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:He has more steals than Pepe and Carvalho.

More passes than Ozil.

Haters gonna hate.

Too much kneejerk in this thread.

Kneejerk? bad performances at RB for Madrid over 4 years is kneejerk?

I wont deny he's a good CB but at RB he's the weaklink.....

Bad performances for past 4 years? kneejerk much ? lol

How is it kneejerk? kneejerk is calling Aguero the best striker in the world after scoring a hatrick against Swansea......

This is different this is an opinion gathered over time by the fact over the last 2 years he hasnt contributed hardly at all to the attack and defensively he gets raped by any half decent wide player......

Seriously the list of players that have got the better of Ramos is as wide as a 60 inch widescreen tv......

And unlike Alves and Marcelo we cant use the excuse that he contributes to the attack because since Mourinho took over and even before than he hasnt and still continues to be defensively poor......

Need's to be moved to CB asap imo......

Where do you get that nonsense that he gets raped by any half decent winger.

He is a quality RB and puts in good consistent defensive performances.

I would just like you to write a 60 inch list of the players who have raped him.

He was also great in the classicos.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 3 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:08 pm

He played CB in the Clasico's, which i already admitted he is great there.......

It's at RB where he struggles defensively and somehow its only Madrid fans that argue this Laughing

Typical.......

If you want me to write a list i will when i get home from work which iam leaving now Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68989
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 3 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by Le Samourai Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:12 pm

This is the thing dude , how do you define half decent and how do you define raped.

Could you please specify who raped him and when to adequately prove your point.

Sergio Ramos is an above average RB who used to be World Class before losing significant pace.But even now he is above the average.You just dont see it much these days , but with Di maria on the bench......................
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 11545
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 3 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by Iceman Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:13 pm

When was Ramos ever World Class? You're not being serious I hope
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2043
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 3 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:16 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Iceman wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:


How is it kneejerk? kneejerk is calling Aguero the best striker in the world after scoring a hatrick against Swansea......

This is different this is an opinion gathered over time by the fact over the last 2 years he hasnt contributed hardly at all to the attack and defensively he gets raped by any half decent wide player......

Seriously the list of players that have got the better of Ramos is as wide as a 60 inch widescreen tv......

And unlike Alves and Marcelo we cant use the excuse that he contributes to the attack because since Mourinho took over and even before than he hasnt and still continues to be defensively poor......

Need's to be moved to CB asap imo......

So it's...60 inches long? lol

Tbf you could write alot of names accross that tv, ignoring the fact it would destroy the screen :coffee:

@ Crimson

If thats all we use to rate players these days then Jose Enrique is the best LB in the world Laughing

@ Josh

Yh he has been, all Mourinho has changed is that he doesnt get forward much anymore, my point still remains.

How else do you want to rate him?

He has the highest workrate in the Madrid defence, those numbers speak volumes about his work ethic and work rate and how good he actually is.

I pointed out his frailties. ATM he is the second best RB in the world at club level and easily far and away the best RB in the world at International level

What more do you want from him?

I do not know what else you really expect from him?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 3 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by Le Samourai Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:19 pm

Iceman wrote:When was Ramos ever World Class? You're not being serious I hope

Dude I hope you're not being Serious.
06-07
07-08
08-09

Right at the very end of 08-09 you can make an argument for that being the point at which he dropped to Above average for CLUB.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 11545
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 3 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:22 pm

Exactly what more can Ramos do. He has the most interception, steals and passes and him being raped by any good winger is a myth. Ramos has always been world class so I don't know what your on about Iceman.

Ramos played RB and CB in the classicos and I shall be looking forward to your list. Smile
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 3 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by RealGunner Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:27 pm

i like him, but dont know why most ( including madrid fans ) dont like him

Although i would say he is much better as a CB then RB, He needs to realise that himself
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89513
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 3 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:28 pm

I prefer Ramos as a CB too, but he deserves credit for his abilities at RB too.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 3 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by Iceman Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:29 pm

"easily", "far and away", "second best" and "best"....Sorry Crimson, that's just spewing a sh!tload of crap.
Having the best stats for Madrid has nothing to do with the rest of the clubs in the world; especially if you don't provide your source and the actual numbers (Mind you that, even if you do, it still doesn't prove much because being the best defender at Madrid is irrelevant to how he compares with others)

Seriously...Why do Madrid fans always want to have the second best players? lol.

Ramos was always above average and was on his way to becoming world class, but he isn't any more. Screw us trying to define what "world class" is again. It's just a standard.
He is now just average.

Song has the most assists in the Arsenal team. Second most creative player in the world for club? Yeah....no.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2043
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 3 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:34 pm

Iceman wrote:"easily", "far and away", "second best" and "best"....Sorry Crimson, that's just spewing a sh!tload of crap.
Having the best stats for Madrid has nothing to do with the rest of the clubs in the world; especially if you don't provide your source and the actual numbers (Mind you that, even if you do, it still doesn't prove much because being the best defender at Madrid is irrelevant to how he compares with others)

Seriously...Why do Madrid fans always want to have the second best players? lol.

Ramos was always above average and was on his way to becoming world class, but he isn't any more. Screw us trying to define what "world class" is again. It's just a standard.
He is now just average.

Song has the most assists in the Arsenal team. Second most creative player in the world for club? Yeah....no.


Who is better than him at International level? No one

Who is better than him and has better numbers at club level other than Alves? I'll be waiting right here

Opta btw is my source

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 3 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:40 pm

Iceman wrote:When was Ramos ever World Class? You're not being serious I hope

Whenevr he plays for Spain?

He certainly is the best RB in international football.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 3 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by Iceman Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:41 pm

Statistics have never been, and will never be, my strong point. Unless someone gives them to me, I won't go around to get them. Again...since when have statistics been the be-all and end-all of arguments and debates?
Were those stats from last season or this season? If from last, then how can you judge him based on last season's stats?

For example: Nasri had more assists with City in ONE match than he had for Arsenal for the whole of last season.
So is Nasri a very uncreative player or a very creative player? The stats don't tell you that at all. Same with Ramos' situation

Again, where do you get the "far and away" and "easily" comments from? I still don't understand...
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2043
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 3 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:43 pm

So tell me what are you basing his average performances on?
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 3 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:45 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:So tell me what are you basing his average performances on?

They won't cus they have no idea

They are quick to jump down my throat but provide no substance for their own thoughts

whatever

haters going to hate I suppose

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 3 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:45 pm

He is still above average but has stagnated in quality. I feel like Madrid expected more out of that 19 year old when they first bought him (almost like a Walcott situation). That said , he is nowhere near his peak and has plenty of time to fulfill his potential.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 1726
Join date : 2011-07-14

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 3 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:53 pm

Sergio Ramos at 25 has 80 International caps for Spain the youngest ever to get to 80 caps. The 10th highest for Spain.

Also he has played 270 games for Real Madrid.

You do not play that amount of games for those two teams by being "average" and "crap"

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 3 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:00 pm

Crimson wrote:Sergio Ramos at 25 has 80 International caps for Spain the youngest ever to get to 80 caps. The 10th highest for Spain.

Also he has played 270 games for Real Madrid.

You do not play that amount of games for those two teams by being "average" and "crap"

This
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 3 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by uzonero Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:04 pm

ramos used to be very good but not anymore. He has been on a steady decline for the past years
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 1201
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 3 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:04 pm

Yes lets ignore the fact that Spain have no one else lmao.......
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68989
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 3 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:06 pm

jibers wrote:Honestly, he is just ovverated because he plays for Real. He is meh defensively and is not a consistent ofensive threat at RB, and when he plays CB he sometimes lacks discipline required for thr position. Puyol once called him his heir, I highly doubt he will ever reach puyols level of security and intensity. He is too fidgety for me and is another Madrid player that has suspect temperment...

his frist or (second, cant remember) season with us he played as a CB and was the best CB around back then iirc, he then replaced our ageing salgado as a RB got better and then just started declining big time
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 25024
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 3 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by bebop_23 Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:08 pm

too error prone, so he needs major improvements in that area.... and watching him consistently get destroyed by quality winger/forwards (henry, villa) means he really shouldn't be playing RB
bebop_23
bebop_23
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 123
Join date : 2011-07-24

Back to top Go down

How do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 3 Empty Re: How do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum