Raptorgunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Arquitecto
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
cyberman
57 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Euros are a waste of time.. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Euros are a waste of time..

Post by Le Samourai Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:07 am

:facepalm:

Ignorant post of the century.

Friendlies on the other hand................................

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Euros are a waste of time.. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Euros are a waste of time..

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:37 am

You see what you did cyber? :facepalm:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:07 am

World Cup > Euro > CL > everything else
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:21 am

zarola wrote:Euro > CL

Being serious bro?

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:36 am

For all those saying International football >>>> Club football let me ask you this would you be saying that if your country wasn't a football powerhouse ?

I think not ....
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:53 am

Lol international tournaments are the best i love em whether my team does well or bad.

There no feeling better or worse than seeing ur nation do good or bad, club football is second to it.

Sure i hate the international breaks durin the season as much as the next person.

The world cup is the biggest event in the world even people who dont like football watch it cause there country is in it and thats the beauty of it.

And i do have to say it kinda looks like sour grapes seeing as the only ones who dont like it are english fans.

Euros and world cup FTW !!!
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by honduran09 Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:22 am

The Fonz wrote:For all those saying International football >>>> Club football let me ask you this would you be saying that if your country wasn't a football powerhouse ?

I think not ....

I think Yes and yes and one more time yes I love international football

Hands down it is the best FACT! Honduras is by no means a football powerhouse,but the feeling i get when they play cannot compare to anything else.

There is a reason the World Cup breaks television records each time it is played
honduran09
honduran09
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:29 am

Nothing beats the World Cup...
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:42 am

honduran09 wrote:
The Fonz wrote:For all those saying International football >>>> Club football let me ask you this would you be saying that if your country wasn't a football powerhouse ?

I think not ....

I think Yes and yes and one more time yes I love international football

Hands down it is the best FACT! Honduras is by no means a football powerhouse,but the feeling i get when they play cannot compare to anything else.

There is a reason the World Cup breaks television records each time it is played

thank you, club cant compare to what u feel for your country.

a club is something u can choose and change.

hence no matter how much u love the club it compare compare to national.

your born with that blood and whether u like where ur from or not u cant change it.

michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:51 am

I think not ....

Doesnt matter still the same.

World cup > Club football

So i think yes.

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:58 am

cyberman wrote:Its the Europa Lge of INT football. No one dreams of winning it, prestige is non existent while needlessly burning players out.
Is it a coincidence the the best attempt at retaining the CL came from Utd in 09 after most of the players had a summer off in 08?
Lord I hate INT football

Only cus England suck....

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:07 am

free_cat wrote:
Sepi wrote:think about the Swedish and Danish chicks who'll be in Poland ffs.

football comes second Shocked

You can inseminate them from you home through the TV?

Very Happy

Couldn't care less of a bunch of ladies that meet up thousands of KM from my home tbh.
Oh, and they say polish girls themselves are smoking hot.

Polish girls are definitely smoking hot!!! i can say because i lived there half my life and i am also marrying a beautiful polish girl!!! So come to our country for the Euros you wont be dissapointed!!! (just dont start with the ultras lol)
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:17 am

The last Euros was a very entertaining competition to watch.It was much better than the 2010 World Cup for sure.

Hope to see just about the same in this upcoming tournament as well.

International Tournaments like these are definitely not a waste of time.Especially considering you would get a larger global audience for such competitions.

Also its a much shorter tournament which i think would make it more exciting.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:39 am

I agree with cyber.
International football is a waste of time and needs to be scrapped.
The quality of football played at some of the past tournaments was appallling.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:35 am

alexjanosik wrote:I agree with cyber.
International football is a waste of time and needs to be scrapped.
The quality of football played at some of the past tournaments was appallling.
Why?

The Euros are a waste of time.. - Page 3 OmU1u

Not enough diving biscuits?

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:50 pm

The WC is more exciting, but I still maintain that the Euros are harder to win than the WC.

And it's an awesome tournament.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:55 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:The WC is more exciting, but I still maintain that the Euros are harder to win than the WC.

I'll probably enjoy it when it comes around lol, going to watch games at the pub with mates and all the usual banter that comes with it.....

But atm everytime our key players go away on international duty i shit my pants at the possibility of injuries Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RedAndWhiteArmy Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:24 pm

This is definitely the opinion of Wayne Rooney. :coffee:
RedAndWhiteArmy
RedAndWhiteArmy
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:27 pm

Legends are made with NTs, not club football. It's always been like this and will always remain so. The support for a country dwarfs any club support... you become a national hero.

As much as i love club football, i consider the WC and the Euro as the two biggest tournaments by far in football. Nothing is even close.

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:32 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:The WC is more exciting, but I still maintain that the Euros are harder to win than the WC.

I'll probably enjoy it when it comes around lol, going to watch games at the pub with mates and all the usual banter that comes with it.....

But atm everytime our key players go away on international duty i shit my pants at the possibility of injuries Laughing

But if they come home with a trophy surely it would be worth it.

Besides i think newcastle has it better than most big english clubs when it comes to international duty
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:36 pm

I think not ....

For all people saying club is better than international..would you be saying this if your club wasnt a powerhouse...
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:01 pm

sportsczy wrote:Legends are made with NTs, not club football.

Henry 1 - 0 Messi

banana
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:12 pm

michael1 wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Besides i think newcastle has it better than most big english clubs when it comes to international duty

Yh but alot of our key players still go on international duty and 1 or 2 injurys can affect a squad like ours very badly.....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:18 pm

A team of 11 countrymen is more magical than a team of 11 professional footballers.

This was especially true before the 90's when you could only see all the great players at once during international tournaments. Today you can just type any name into Google and you can find out all there is to know about him, the magic is gone as a result. Before it used to be that you heard rumours that the Brazillian's had a clever little player called Zico who was supposed to be very good. Or that Argentina had short stocky wonder kid playing for them.

you looked forward to these tournaments because they were a chance to see them in action. NT football lost that little piece of mystery that made it so awesome but it still retains the same spirit of seeing what players will break out on th ebig stage.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:19 pm

sportsczy wrote:Legends are made with NTs, not club football. It's always been like this and will always remain so. The support for a country dwarfs any club support... you become a national hero.

As much as i love club football, i consider the WC and the Euro as the two biggest tournaments by far in football. Nothing is even close.
QFT
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:23 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
michael1 wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Yh but alot of our key players still go on international duty and 1 or 2 injurys can affect a squad like ours very badly.....

Thats true but at the end of the day what can u do.

It would be a crime to stop internationals.

And i guess everyteam that supplys internationals all run the same risk.

If injuries happen they happen.

I remeber rvp bein out for half a year because of a freindlie against italy.

Yes i wasnt happy about but it happens who to say he wouldnt of gotten injured for arsenal.

There is always a risk whether that be international, club or even in training.

michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next